Hakuna'jina - Das Tor
&
Roarke - NovaCracker

Hakuna had been gaining back more and more of her memories. The latest one...had her searching. On the ground, instead of in the air. She remembered her precious little Ellie, her darkest daughter, and she knew that Ellie was no longer in the dark lands Hakuna had once inhabited. She didn't know how she knew that, as she had no memory of why Ellie had left, or how...just a strong feeling. One with sadness attached to it. For the moment, she searched for the lioness in her leopard form, growing increasingly used to the lithe form. It had its own sort of strength and power, and she remembered a leopard once using his natural affinity for the trees to escape her once. Perhaps she could use that same affinity to ambush from the trees one day...

Roarke was enjoying the sun as he basked, mildly amused he was, once again, near the land of a lioness that seemed to insist running home was a brilliant idea. Ho hum-- they'd depart eventually, at least, he hoped. The male was in no hurry today, however, eyes closed as he entertained a slight smile. No, today was for relaxing.

Hakuna stopped as she caught a scent, frowning. Hm? She'd caught it now and again around the borders of the Peponi...and now she stalked towards it, wary. Border-skulkers often meant bad news. She was very, very quiet as she moved through the grasses, tail hanging still behind her to aid her endeavor. And once she figured herself close enough...she spoke. "Who are you, stranger?"

Roarke snapped to alertness rapidly, remaining composed, if but vicious, looking around slowly.

"A leopard. Yourself?" He smiled some. Oh, he could play this game.

Well, he wasn't a lazy idiot, at least he didn't seem one. "I can see that much, layabout." She made sure she was at least a lion-length away from him before moving so she could be seen. "I mean your name. I've caught your scent near my home before. And I tend to be rather protective of the places I inhabit." No need for him to know the Peponi was under the protection of a goddess. Let him think her just another leopard, if but a large one.

"Roarke. And you?" The male groomed a bit, preening. He wasn't showing off-- for now -- however she WAS interrupting his sunbathing, and he wasn't happy about that part. "So you're one of Kaiyo's pridemates."

He snorted.

"Or another interloper. At least, I assume." Normally, Roarke was fairly tactful.... But she was... Snippy.

Oh. Lovely. A prissy a*****e. She snorted. "Yes, I am a pridemate of hers. You can call me Hakuna." Roarke...what kind of name was that? He did remind her of someone a bit, though...A flash of blue and silver in her memories, a sense of admiration and loyalty towards it..."Interlopers tend to be the ones I gut when I catch them."

"You missed one a while ago." Roarke stretched. "Male, leopard like us. Insufferable a*****e. Tried to kill Kaiyo." He yawned, almost bored. "Honestly, I'm amazed she outran him. But I suppose you sacrifice speed for size. No offense, of course, my dear."

Assured now that he knew she was not only a pridemate, but leopard, Roarke calmed some, agreeably.

Hakuna blinked, then frowned. "What did this a*****e look like?" Maybe while she was searching for her daughter, she could find and gut that a*****e. She recognized the name 'Kaiyo'. She was a small girl, and rather pretty, really. "No offense taken. Though he must have been an idiot if he didn't train himself to compensate for his size in regards to his speed." She was faster than her size spoke in any form. But she had....two lifetimes now of training.

"Beige. Mostly anyhow. Giant. A lot of fresh injuries at the time." Roarke sniffed.

Almost like fighting...

Beige. A leopard, large in size and male. Something in her felt great anger at the description, and a growl escaped her throat. "I'll keep that description in mind. I'm off to find someone outside the pride, so I'll keep a lookout for him." And she'd kill him. Something in her SCREAMED to kill him. And some dark voice inside her mind whispered that they'd bring the bloodiest death to the b*****d. A death that would have his life force sinking into the ground, so his essence would be lost forever, the ultimate insult.

"Be careful. a** of pelt isn't right in the head." Roarke seemed displeased. "I dislike lions myself, for gods' sake. And I don't try exterminating them all."

"I'll be fine. I've got a few...tricks under my paws." She smirked. "And I've been fighting for Sparda knows how long." She wore scars that were so much a part of her, they'd followed her into her new life, her new body. "So if you dislike lions, why do you tolerate Kaiyo?" That was the only explanation for his scent around the borders. Visiting the lioness he'd rescued. Call her curious.

"Sparda?" Roarke made an odd face, but shrugged it off calmly.

"We're travelling companions, if she ever stops fretting over it. She's tolerable. Males are worse."

Males were his father's sort. Besides, he HAD saved the girl. He owed her good manners.

Ah...old habits. "God I've followed most of my life. His following isn't very...well known." She nodded at his explanation. "I see. Male lions can be...stupid at times." She chuckled, remembering vaguely the antics of some of her sons, and the stupidity of her own father, so long ago, that had gotten him killed. "So...how are your fighting skills?" If he helped save Kaiyo...he had to be at least DECENT. And she wasn't one to pass up a chance to spar with someone new.

"Decent." Roarke chuckled, half-heartedly. "Father insisted both his boys learn. Even if the male lion he took in is an imbecile."

Ugh.

He hated him.

"Females are tolerable. And I think Kaiyo might be, ah, slightly flighty."

Not as dumb as his adopted sibling though. He wondered why the female asked after his sparring ability, but didn't press much. In her own time.

Hakuna grinned. "She is a bit, yes. But that's okay." So long as she didn't get herself killed. "And what would you say to a spar? I've an interest in gauging your 'decent' skills for myself."

"I wouldn't be against it." Roarke smirked, settling.