Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Legend of Zelda Hangout ~ TLoZH

Back to Guilds

Fun for every Legend of Zelda Fan, both veteran and new, for over eight years~ 

Tags: legend of zelda, link, zelda, triforce, nintendo 

Reply The Latest in Gaming (Previews and News)
Vote for the next LoZ art style!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you go vote?
  Yes.
  No.
  I will later.
View Results

Shapeshifter Shroomy

Friendly Misfit

26,725 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am
GenGame is holding a huge poll to narrow down the choices of visual style for the next LoZ game. As far as all my sources have shown, this is legit and will be used to help Nintendo decide on the style for the next game. Please, everyone, go place your vote and be a part of the creation of the next game! Help decide what the next portion of the LoZ legacy will look like! Go, Go, Go!

Vote now!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 am
I voted on TP. Link was sooo hot in that game! sweatdrop 3nodding whee  

Westice

Beloved Garbage

24,225 Points
  • Married 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100

[.Torina.]
Captain

Aged Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:26 pm
Not to be the Debbie Downer of the thread, but I'd like to point out that this article and poll appear to have nothing to do with Nintendo's decision on what art style they'll be using for the next home console Zelda installment. It merely appears to be a poll asking fans what art style they'd like to see in order to promote discussion and take a survey of the fans in general.

That being said, while I voted for Skyward's art style (it had such a wonderful impression on me) I personally would love to see Nintendo do something with those glorious HD Twilight graphics we saw a preview of on the Wii U. I think I love SS, WW and TP's art styles equally despite being radically different, but we've seen relatively more of the toony style thanks to its easier implementation in portable consoles so I'd love to continue with the more "realistic" styles, a la SS or TP.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 am
While I love the style and over all look of SS, I fell completely for the graphics and design of TP. The realistic and darkened look of it blew me away and still does when I play it. By far my favorite Zelda game when it comes to visual effects.  

Moonbeam Vixen

Moonbeam Vixen

Intellectual Lunatic

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm
Moonbeam Flame
While I love the style and over all look of SS, I fell completely for the graphics and design of TP. The realistic and darkened look of it blew me away and still does when I play it. By far my favorite Zelda game when it comes to visual effects.

Agreed. the SS style was too pastel. Even OOT was darker. never got the same sense of foreboding and need to save everything with SS, but TP drove it to the extreme, IMO. best one yet.  
The Latest in Gaming (Previews and News)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games