[PRP] Family

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 pm
This is a PRP between Samandiriel (aka Dir), owned by Darkmoon Dancer, and Jasmine Lilly, owned by Insane Butterfly.

[ Link to DD's Teepee ] | [ Link to IB's Teepee ]

User Image x User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:10 pm
After running away from his family, Dir had been crushed. He had left home and everything else he knew of the world behind to get away from it all. A kind mare came across him at his worst and helped him learn to hold his head up high once more, to continue on despite what the past told. With her help and lots of patience, he eventually stopped crying over his family and regained his strength. He had wide eyes for the new world he explored, and when kind Aella found him ready, she urged him to go off on his own and find his place in the world.

And so he wandered here and there, not knowing exactly where he was going, but believing that when he found it he would know then. Perhaps it was fate that he came across the meadow laden with beautiful blossoms, and perhaps it was all part of a larger plan for Dir to notice the dark-coated mare among the flowers, but Dir wasn't sure if he believed in fate. He did, however, believe that he was now responsible for his own life, and that what happens is a result of his previous actions. Taking the initiative, he went ahead and introduced himself to the mare in the meadow.

She was shy, quiet, and it seemed like she preferred the company of the flowers in the meadow to anyone else, but Dir was not deterred by this first impression. She certainly fit in among the beauty that matched her own, but Dir wanted to find out more about her and to see if she wanted to know more about him, too. He was calm, quiet and patient with her. She was a shy creature, but he had time to spare. He liked it here in the meadow where she lived, and he was in no rush to leave.

And so a few weeks passed in the blink of an eye. Dir had taken to telling stories and describing his dreams to Jasmine Lilly, and she was a great listener. She had showed interest in his painting, and it didn't take long for her to help him gather different flowers and plants to mash into colorful pastes. In return she taught him about the flowers and how to weave them into various arrangements. The two were beginning to become inseparable.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 pm
Dir drew back from his latest painting in progress to take a look at it at a different angle. He tilted his head one way, then the other, and the feather in his mouth flip-flopped in mimicry as if it too was appraising the painting. It was coming together as a group of figures, perhaps 2 adults and a foal or usdia by the size comparison. "Hmmmmm...." he mused a moment, and then asked in a sort of drawl due to the feather sticking out of his mouth, "... whaddya think it needs?" As he spoke he turned his head to look at the dark mare, a soft expression overwhelming his face as his eyes fell upon her. There was a sort of flicker of movement inside of him, but it was a good feeling, so he let it be.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:40 am
Jasmine smiled as she watched Dir turn his head every which way to study his painting. It was turning out beautifully and she was about to tell him so when he turned to her with his question. The smile on her face turned to a grin when she met his gaze. It was wonderful to have someone that she wasn't afraid of in her life. Their easy friendship was something she now held very dear to her heart, it was difficult for her to recall a time when she had ever been so...at peace.
Bringing her gaze to the painting she felt herself tilt her head like Dir had done. She pondered for a moment, then stood up and came to stand beside him. "Maybe more background scenery? Perhaps..more flowers?" A small giggle escaped her and she nudged him gently. "I'm only teasing, I think what you have done is turning out gorgeous."
Jasmine indicated the feather he held. "You make such amazing things with your feather and paints. Always so pretty."

Insane Butterfly

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm
The flutter could watch this mare all day long. Her simple expression changes brought warmth to his heart, and that in itself was something that he couldn't say he had ever experienced around anyone else before. Well, family brought warm feelings, but this... this was different. This was closer.

He got a little distracted watching the mare, but when she nudged him he brought his ears first and then his gaze back over to the painting as he listened. He chuckled and followed suit with her suggestion as he said, "Ah, yes, that must be it. Never enough flowers!" Smirk on his face told that he was playing along, but he did indeed whip up several flowers into the scenery, several blue and white ones in fact.

"I couldn't draw such things without the help for inspiration, Jasmine Lilly. Besides..." he tilted his head at the painting a moment and then began adding another small figure to the picture, "...I think I was missing this, too." Adding a few more touches to the figure, Dir glanced over at her with that smirk still present, and then also added one or two more flowers, just for good measure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm
Jasmine blushed when he said her name and wasn't sure why it sent wonderful little tingles down her spine. Okay so if she was honest with herself that wasn't all together true, but was she ready to admit that just yet? She blinked her blue eyes and brought herself to notice what he added to the painting. The flowers he had added when she teased him were gorgeous, as were the many others, but they weren't what held her attention. He had added another small horse to the painting and she smiled. "You've painted such a pretty little family." Her eyes were bright as she brought her attention to him, noticing on his cheek, a smudge of paint. It made her giggle, but she stopped abruptly, hoping he didn't think she'd laughed at his painting. "You have paint on your cheek." Turning back to the picture she smiled at the family and swayed happily along with the passing breeze. "Family sounds like this big, warm, wonderful thing." She turned her head to the side to look at it differently again. "It would be nice to have some day."

Insane Butterfly

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 pm
His growth with this mare had been incredible over their time together. He was learning to want companionship again, and what more was that he also discovered that he was finding his peace. In the back of his mind, his thoughts of his family were becoming easier to bear when he had someone quiet and attentive to spend time with. He didn't speak of them too much since he had a lot to sort out in his mind, but they did crop up in his dreams sometimes, and he always shared his dreams with her. She seemed to like to listen to him speak, so he gladly told of the images that Mother Night brought him.

He gleamed with pride at her kind words, absent-mindedly chewing on the feather a little. As he turned to look at Jasmine to see why she was giggling she quickly identified the paint on his cheek, and he grinned in return. He was always getting paint on himself, because he'd get too distracted working on his art to pay attention to where his feathers strayed when they weren't on the intended canvas.

But the next comments caught him entirely offguard. His eyes must have gone wide and his jaw almost certainly dropped if only for a moment before he regained his composure... somewhat. With the enthusiasm of an excited colt, Dir turned his entire body to face Jasmine and in the process dropped his feather, having forgotten he was holding it. Eyes shining, the words poured out of his mouth before he could stop himself, and they sounded a little something like this.

"Me too! I mean, I want to have a big, warm family one day. Wonderful family. I mean... Well, that is... I just... I didn't want to mention it because I didn't want to scare you away or anything. And it matters what you want, too. Very much! That is... we could have... I mean... be togeth-" He stopped abruptly, only just realizing all the things he actually just said, out loud, for real. They were mushed together thoughts in his head, and they came out rather similarly aloud in his excitement of finding out that she wanted a family one day. He stared at her a moment, frozen, and then abruptly dipped his head to pick up his feather, put it atop the rock next to his paint mashes, and then began to turn away from the beautiful mare. What a fool he was! Flustered, blushing and embarrassed, the stallion was for the first time, the one without anything to say. Normally he was pretty good with words, but he had lost all capacity for making proper sentences in his excitement before, and now that he'd said it all, he had no words to fill the silence to show how stupid he felt for putting her on the spot like this, and for that matter for possibly risking their friendship by in a way asking if it would ever go further.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games