Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wardwood

Back to Guilds

Tags: Deer, Spirits, Fantasy, Breedables, Roleplaying 

Reply ❧ The Dreaming
[PRP] Echoes in the Dark (Chiaroscuro x Atli)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 am
User ImageThe light was beginning to fade and all at once the temperatures seemed to drop. Atli's blue eyes turned upward toward the dull grey sky, rather resentful that bedtime would soon be upon him. Why should he prescribe to routine though, if he wasn't feeling all that tired? Usually around this time of day, when the sky grew dark and the stars came out (if there were no clouds to cover them), he would find a nice dry place in a deeper part of the woods, beneath a tree or in a patch of underbrush, and go to sleep. But this evening he wasn't feeling particularly tired. Not even the slightest bit sleepy!

It wasn't all that cold, besides, there wasn't even a breeze tonight. Snorting, Atli turned to prance off between the trees, deciding to take a new direction. He could sleep anytime he wanted, after all, so tonight he would have some fun, see how long it took for him to tired out. His vivid blue eyes glowed brightly in the dimming light, and he kept a sharp eye out for any other points of light. He hadn't met many other deer in the wood yet, but he knew that others had eyes like his, and he wouldn't have anyone taking him by surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 pm
User Image Twilight was shattering through the wood, the final rays clambering through tendrils of plant and tree to create mosaics on the ground. The sky was a more bland gray this evening, unlike usual popping oranges and reds seeping into indigo. Gentle silver hooves walked along, an equally gray head bobbed along with them as he shuffled. Chiaro came to a stop before a bush, glanced at it, then sailed over easily, the jump not a difficult one or else he would have found a different route. Nothing was unique so far as Chiaro had experienced it

He continued to move until something striking caught his eye, and as instinct would have it, he froze, legs locking forcefully in place. Every bit of his body was still, even his breathing slowed to a shallow haunt, until he gently raised his head, peaking out in mild curiosity at what might have grabbed his attention. How silly! A fawn? He relaxed himself, unlocking joints and flicking his ears back in casual ease.
"Did lightning burst from your soul, boy?" he muttered from behind the fawn, unsure if the little fellow had spotted him prior or if he had evaded his attention. The fawn had fascinating markings, the electric splintering of light coming from his eye the most catching.

DaerilS

Liberal Codger

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 am
The sudden and much deeper voice managed to catch the little fawn off guard, and he spun to face the one who had spoken to him, stance alert, head and ears held high. He was inwardly riled at being startled so, but when he saw who it was that had called out he forgot his agitation. A big adult buck, Atli could not resist admiring the sight of him in the waning light, noticing how the buck's fur faded into the darkness itself. Chiaro's question had the youngster smirking, and again he felt pride for his appearance. "Yes, lightning! I am just as fast, too." He turned to face the buck, backing up a hair to get a good look at his face. He'd never seen such peculiar markings...and the other's ornament was odd as well.

"You look as if you are always stepping out of the dark." Atli said in turn, referencing the gradient of the buck's fur. His nostrils flared as he continued to stare, eyes flicking from the necklace before shifting back up toward Chiaro's face. "My name is Atli. Who are you? I always thought this was the time when the forest went to sleep." One couldn't help but notice how quiet the woods got when the night came. Well, save for a few sounds. Atli wasn't yet sure where those sounds came from, but he figured he'd find out sooner or later. He was delighted to see that it wasn't just himself astir at such a late hour; now he would have someone to talk to! He was suddenly bursting with questions, but he waited to hear the buck's name first, glowing eyes fixed upwards.

Daeril-sama
sorry about the wait, school hit!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 am

The quick movement of the fawn had Chiaro pulling his ears back, a involuntary reaction, not one out of surprise or offense. A raised hoof lowered to the ground. The fawn eyed whelp amused Chiaro, as he guessed about exactly what was going through his young mind with his flickering expressions. And the reply was just as intriguing. "As fast as lightning, hum? Now that's something too see," he answered, not at all being patronizing, his comment sincere. Being observed required a good look in return. Not only did the fawn appear to have been struck through the eye by a blaze of blue light, but his hooves and legs reminded Chiaro of the spark that would inevitably flare out of control, glowing in the depth of the night.

He looked back over his hind at the comment, to stare back at Atli. "Yes, it seems I am always stepping out of the night. From light to dark or vice versa," he answered and tipped his head at the introduction. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Atli. I am called Chiaro. The forest rests in turns. For some sleep in the light of the day, others at night, and others in the twilight hours. I prefer to sleep several times a day, mostly during the heavy light hours. Twilight and dark are far easier on my eyes and as you can see...I blend most effectively with the forest during these times," he stepped back a bit, turning his head in various directions as if expecting more. Not every deer knew of their family here in this world, but some had parents or herds they traveled with. "Why are you awake? Do you have a herd you belong to?"

Kamileunaire

DaerilS

Liberal Codger

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:43 am
The buck's tone had Atli's eyes shimmering with curiosity and increased playfulness, pleased that someone who was older and bigger would acknowledge his lofty bragging. It was all true, of course, and he was rather eager to prove it. It would have to wait until after introductions, of course, but now that Chiaro had mentioned it, he was determined to show off.

"Chiaro. It's good to meet you, too." He replied in a somewhat rare show of respect, listening to what the buck had to say. It seemed different, but he understood as the older deer was explained. There had never really been anyone to tell him when to sleep, no one to enforce 'bedtime'. In the beginning, the darkness had been rather forboding to the youngster (though he would never admit it), so he had never chanced to venture into it. "I suppose I don't much blend in, myself. I've never stayed awake after sundown for so long." He revealed mischievously. "A herd? I don't know. I don't think so." He wasn't so sure what the meaning of the term implied, but he assumed it meant some sort of guardian or keeper.

"I wanted to stay up. Why should I let the darkness hold me back?" He declared boldly, and took a few steps away, his little tail giving a flick. "If you want to see how fast I am, Chiaro, we should have a race. Do you like to race?" He tacked the question on quickly, not at all sure what sorts of activities older guardians took part in. Surely they liked to run, though. They didn't have those great long legs for nothing, and Atli thought it would be interesting to test his mettle against an adult.

Daeril-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:53 pm

No herd. No protection. No support net. The little spit fire was fending for himself, but with a great deal of concern, Chiaro doubted he needed to ask how. Surely there was someone the fawn associated with that acted as guardian. Or perhaps he passed between adults who took it upon themselves to parent within the time frame they knew him. Was that now a responsibility on Chiaro's shoulders? Putting this subject aside as to not pester the youngster further, he moved onto his other comments.

"Close your eyes and you might blend nicely," he commented, grinning.

"Bravery is an admirable trait, I'll give you that," a small chuckle and a flick of his ears was his response. Not allowing fear to keep you from your goals, your happiness, freedom, well, Alti figured what his barriers were better than most adults. The fawn's ignorance of the darkness, or rather, what slinked within, aside. And now the proposition of a race. When was the last time Chairo actually had a good run against one of his fellows? Certainly not as far back as adolescence? Memory failing he gave a grin, giving a nod toward Alti and pawing the ground. "I haven't had the chance in a good long while. Sure, I'll race you. But we move into the open. I know there are plenty of fun obstacles in the woods, but that's for another time." He wanted an eye on the fawn, but an eye in the dark more so.

Kamileunaire

DaerilS

Liberal Codger

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:04 am
Unaware of the older guardian's concern, Atli could only grin back at him, pleased enough with Chiaro's flattering comments. So newly awoken was the little creature that he had not yet been inducted into any group or herd, nor had he even come into contact with any adults the night he had entered their ancient realm. He hardly seemed to know the meaning of the term, though he had observed groups of larger deer before, he was (secretly) a bit intimidated of them. He resolved to ask Chiaro about it later, unable to contain his excitement as his new friend consented to a race.

"Oh, yes! There's a meadow near here, that should do nicely. It's just a short walk in this direction." Atli might have preferred the woods, but Chiaro was so agreeable that he figured he could play nice for once. His big antlers might get in the way, anyway, and that would hardly be very fair. The fawn bounced away through the snow, intent to show the way, proud that he knew of the perfect place. He'd gotten to know his little 'territory' fairly well, knew where to find water, and where to dig food out from under the snow, around certain areas of the stream.

He stopped a ways away to make sure that Chiaro would follow, and once they were off, he found he couldn't keep himself quiet at all. "Chiaro, do you have a herd?" He asked, parroting the question the buck had asked him before. How did one even find a herd, anyway?

Daeril-sama

❧ The Dreaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff