Daidoji Isamashii - Das Tor
&
Roarke - NovaCracker

Isamashii was not happy. She was not amused. She was FURIOUS. Her father, idiot that he was, had DISGRACED their entire LINE. The Daidouji leopard paced under a sparse savanna tree, her tail lashing behind her. She'd grown up privileged, with servants doting on her every whim, the finest tutors to usher her through the lessons she'd need to lead, and the best instructors in the arts of combat. And now...now, she had to hunt for herself, do everything for herself, and she had not a tutor or instructor to tell her HOW to do it. She was...alone. Disgraced. Cast out. All because her father decided to go against the Hantei Lord. Roaring in frustration, the leopardess turned and lashed out at the tree, leaving deep claw marks in the bark. "DAMMIT."

Roarke walked calmly.

The dark leopard was moving slowly and calmly, paws even and eyes cold. Today, it was hot, but that didn't mean more than being uncomfortable, and thus he was, in a word, silent as he walked, skirting occupied lands. He didn't feel like dealing with lions today, and as such it made travel.. Creative. Still, he was surprised to see someone as a tree came into view, someone annoyed, and he approached calmly.

"Hello there."

Isa stiffened when she heard another voice, turning to face the source with narrowed red eyes. Hmm...a leopard. "Hello." Now why was he bothering her? Was he from the Bayushi, Shosuro, Soshi, or Yogo families? No...he didn't wear a mask. But sometimes they didn't wear masks when they were trying to masquerade as a member of another family..."What are you doing here?" Well...the Daidoji weren't known for their tact.

"Roaming. You?" Roarke stretched idly. Odd female. Most seemed prissy.

The leopardess didn't take her eyes off him, gauging if he would be a threat or not. When she decided he wasn't for the moment, she sat down. "Roaming as well. And plotting to feed my father poison at some point for his idiocy." There were plants that would be perfect...fast-acting and nasty.

"Oh?" Intrigue laced the male's voice. "I propose slow-acting. More pleasure for one to watch."

Isa snorted. "I was already thinking of that. No satisfaction if he doesn't know it was me that brought his demise." She composed herself to look every inch the daimyo's daughter she'd been raised as. "My father decided to go against the will of the Hantei, and thus caused our line disgrace. We were exiled for HIS idiocy."

Roarke didn't seem to follow immediately, and shrugged, calm.

"Perhaps better than being ignored by a pathetic orphan." He grunted. "I still don't believe my father favoured a lion over his own son."

"I should have known an outsider wouldn't understand. Though I do offer my condolences for your situation." She huffed. "I've no particular dislike of lions, but one should not ignore their own offspring in favour of one who does not even share their blood. It is...dishonorable. And idiotic. You were the eldest of his blood children, yes?"

"His only son.": Roarke shrugged. "I'm afraid we were mostly rogue." Roarke rolled a shrug again, settling calmly. If nothing else, she was intellegent, and as such he made no move to chastise her.

Isa...looked horrified. "His ONLY son...and he IGNORED YOU?!" Obviously, such a thing was foreign to her. "That is beyond idiocy. That is madness. You are his sole heir! Why would...that just..." She frowned. "Rogues are STRANGE. No offense meant, but..." What would possess a father to ignore his heir?!

"He was friend's with the idiot's father." Roarke snorted. "And besides, mustn't have the 'disappointment' gerner attention. He blames me for Mother's death."

A brow raised. "He blames you for your mother's death? That sounds idiotic. Did she die giving birth, or was she sick afterwards? Either way, I highly doubt it was your fault." Ugh...outsiders were so...STRANGE. How would she survive out in the craziness?!

"She passed shortly after I was born. And then he picked up the stray." Roarke snorted. "And I assure you. My father is nothing short of foolish." He groomed a paw calmly.

"What of you?"

She shook her head. "My condolences for her passing, and that you had to deal with your father's idiocy like that." When he asked her about her experience...her claws kneaded the ground beneath her front paws. "Father decided to rebel against the Hantei family. Gathered warriors to try killing the royals, and thus disgraced himself and our line. He escaped death. I intend to find him and make him pay. Maybe drag his dead body back home to show that I am NOT him, and regain my place."

"Interesting proposal." Roarke groomed a paw calmly. "Is the risk worth it, however? What do you stand to gain?"

Isa looked thoughtful a moment. "Perhaps, perhaps not. I will have to think on it more." One could not accuse her of being entirely reckless. After all, she'd had some of the best teachers.

"First step is to determine worth." Roarke nodded.

The leopardess nodded, then stood. "Indeed. I shall weigh the worth of the endeavor later. For now..." She glared at her rebellious stomach, the inner cavity deciding to make a most unseemly rumble. Tactless, she was generally. But she wasn't VULGAR. Not with company. "I need to locate food."

Care for company?" Roarke offered idly. "If no game, there's a sanctuary nearby and I know someone who may yet share food. She's... A friend."

Not like he'd say it to Kaiyo's face, but, she was a decent enough lion to overlook the fault in her species.

Isamashii nodded. "I...do not mind company." For all she knew, she might have very little of it in the coming days. And seeing as she'd grown up surrounded by courtiers and servants and peers...she didn't much like the idea. So she was going to take company when she could. She smiled slightly.

Roarke finally offered more than just a 'grimace' for a smile, nodding his head away with a warm smile and calm grace.

"Well then, my dear, after you." Roarke nodded. She didn't sound used to loneliness-- the growling belly alone meant he may sneak in a hunting lesson, but he didn't mind.

This lady was kind enough. She was worth it.