Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
If there were really a cure? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Million Skys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:23 pm
I know a lot of us have been threw the whole ,"I wish I wasn't gay" route, but I'm curious as too if there was an actual cure to our so called "sickness" how many people would actually go threw with it.

My thoughts on it is like this. A one point in time I would have said yes to answer this, but as I understood more and connected with the real me I wouldn't change for anything in the world because simply put, I love who I am.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 pm
Well, if their were a liquid or pill that made us straight, I think it's be a bit 50/50.
Has anyone seen x-men 3? Something like that.... without the mutant powers and fighting.  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Katana left the site

Angelic Shade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:35 pm
I may have found a "cure", but I don't see why anyone should be so insecure about there sexuality to need one. But here goes:

Think of usual turn-ons. Then, think of the opposite sex while you start to feel aroused. If you time it well and take your time, it should work. But why is always what I wondered.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:38 pm
KatanaXD
I may have found a "cure", but I don't see why anyone should be so insecure about there sexuality to need one. But here goes:

Think of usual turn-ons. Then, think of the opposite sex while you start to feel aroused. If you time it well and take your time, it should work. But why is always what I wondered.

I see what you mean, but that isn't more changing your sexuality, then it is pretending your with someone else.  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 pm
No, I wouldn't change. Maybe when I was much younger, I might have chosen to do so out of fear, but not now. I don't consider my sexuality to be a flaw, so it's not something that I want to alter.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:59 pm
Oh yeah, I forgot to answer. No, I wouldn't change. I've recently become comfortable with my sexuality :3  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:10 pm
I wouldn't, I'm fine with who I am. Maybe when I was un-sure about me, but now? Never.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:40 pm
I think a lot of people would go for the cure.

Like someone else said, it's a 50/50 thing. There are people out there who live under circumstances that are not conducive to being an outed individual. Family and religious pressures would undoubtedly cause many to flock for the cure and everyone would have their reasons.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with my life; I see nothing to cure.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:26 pm
I think it's less now to the fact of you sexuality as it come down to who you are. Whether we know it or not, our sexuality is apart of us. Our personality in some way is warped by our sexuality. If people saw me and talked to me like normal, they'd think I was an average straight guy. But if they truly got to know me, they'd know me as a kinky gay guy with some crazy fetished lol. But I wouldn't change who I am. I love myself and who I became way too much to become what society wants me to be. I am who I am.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:39 pm
I would. It would just make things much easier.  

Fatal Cumshot

Wheezing Noob

A Million Skys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
So it's kinda half and half, but I think that once you get "the hang of it" and you finally realize that there is not anything wrong with you and hand not been anything wrong, is the point where you really accept who you are as an individual. I did think at one point in my life that I was "sick" or something of the sort, but as I gained more knowledge about my self I started thinking other wise. Looking up what other people went through, how they managed to get through It all, and come out great members of society. This would be an easy thing to answer, after you have really figured your self out lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:03 pm
The only cure I need for my transgenderism is becoming a woman.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

NotAMistake

Tipsy Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:17 pm
Noire Samhain
I wouldn't, I'm fine with who I am. Maybe when I was un-sure about me, but now? Never.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:37 pm
Bao Sanniang
The only cure I need for my transgenderism is becoming a woman.

What you did there. I saw it, and applaud you xD  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 am
I wouldn't take it. And even when I was questioning everything I'm not sure I would have taken it then either. I like who I am and I don't care who doesn't. That's their problem, not mine.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff