Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 pm
Resting comfortably in the grass and flowers, Hamaniya was still coming to terms with the fact her father was gone. She had depended on him a lot, mainly because of her status as a high class lioness. She didn't need to do anything, and she was just pathetic enough that no one probably thought it was smart to suggest the job of huntress for her. So she spent a lot of time sitting or lying around, socializing, and looking pretty. She was sighing more often, but that was to be expected.

Mainly, the sighs came from the realization that she was an orphan, of sorts. Her siblings were here to depend on, and her paternal extended family, but because Mother was a rogue and uninterested in joining them here, it only fed into Hamaniya's laziness and self-perceived sorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:33 pm
User Image

Shangyue had too much free time. He didn't have anywhere in particular to be today so he spent his day hunting down one very specific lioness. It didn't bother him to go around asking if anybody knew who Hamaniya was and where he might find her, so eventually he did find her. And he hid in the grass, observing her for a while. So far, all she had done was lay around and sighed twice. This wasn't very interesting, he would have been happy to declare the slave wrong in naming her the most fun.. but he thought it might be even more interesting to confront the lady with the information first. Maybe she was just having an off day.

So he came out the grass, circling around to where she could see him approaching, his little face far too serious for a cub (and yet it would have been impossible to take his exaggerated expression seriously).

"Hamaniya?" he asked.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 pm
She thought that she heard the grasses rustling, but it was easy enough to ignore them. I t was probably Chiba, or someone coming to bother her. Of course she never forgot to ate! It was just that...sometimes she lost track of time...and stuff....

"Yes?" she answered before looking, her eyes finally opening wide enough to notice that yes, it indeed was a cub to match that cubbish voice that had said her name. It was....pretty much impossible to not recognize that purple. Hamaniya was decent enough at socialization to know that this was royalty, and she had to act as best she could.

But...he was just so cute!

"Oooh, you're so cute." she breathed, unable to keep her comment to herself. His face! Who could take that seriously? She broke out into a very large, content smile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:45 pm
The little prince scrunched up his nose when she commented on how cute he was. He wasn't trying to be cute, this was serious. Although, he did appreciate compliments and it was nicer than her sitting around being boring.. except the nicer she got, the closer he got to being wrong and he didn't like that. Eventually, his face settled for neutral.

"You're supposed to be fun," he said simply, not bothering or caring to explain, "You've just been sitting around here being boring." He looked her up and down skeptically, wondering if she would try to prove him wrong.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 pm
Hamaniya's eyes widened for a moment, and she grew quiet. She may look like an adult, but she was certainly still maturing mentally, so some of her antics could be seen as....juvenile.

"Wait, so you've been...watching me?" she paused for another moment before giggling. "Aw, that's so sweet!" She shifted over to make sure that she was looking right at the little prince, giving him all of her attention at this point. Who cared about her family situation? This cub didn't!

"So, how long were you watching me? Should I make sure that I'm always interesting, in case someone is watching? Or..." she gasped, but didn't say what she thought. No, he was too young to try and pressure her into some sort of arraigned marriage thing...or something silly like that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:15 pm
He was so focused on his investigation, Shangyue almost forgot that this could be fun. He almost smiled when she seemed surprised to learn he was watching her, feeling especially proud of his stealth, but then he grinned when she laughed and called him sweet. This could be OK.

"A while," he answered, tilting his head and trying to estimate how long it had been but not coming up with a more concrete answer, "You should always be interesting, definitely. A slave told me you were the most fun lion she knew, if she's not going to be wrong, you should always be interesting."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 pm
She wasn't quite sure what to do with this new knowledge. So...he had been watching her. Did that mean that other pride members watched one another without saying anything? Was this spying thing really that big? Was she...in trouble for knowingly being a bit of a social butterfly without offering anything significant for the pride?

Instead of worrying over every little question that popped in her head, she instead decided to concentrate on what he was saying. "Oh? A...slave?" Hm, she knew of a couple of them, but Hamaniya wasn't above speaking to anyone in a lower class. Sometimes they had really interesting things to talk about. "What was her name? Halili?" This was....churning into a new direction that she didn't expect!

"I'd like to think I'm interesting, but I guess I need to stop moping about things...you're right."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 pm
He nodded when she asked if the name of her accuser was Halili. Her guessing it suggested they were friends, which he decided he should have realized from the start. He had named his grandfather most fun, after all.

"Right," he said, though she wasn't necessarily looking for him to agree, "Does that meant I was watching you at a bad time? Are you normally more fun than this?"

Or.. that, when she was just laying about, sighing. She wasn't being terrible un-fun at the moment. For no apparent reason, Shangyue marched in a wide circle around her, as if trying to make up his mind. Maybe neither of them were right. Maybe Hamaniya was fun sometimes but not all the time, like his parents. He had no idea that applied to almost everybody. Grandma and Grandpa were always fun but they didn't have full responsibility for him and his siblings so they could be, when they had time.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 pm
Hamaniya shook her head. "No, its because my father is gone, and my mother doesn't live here....its hard to be always exciting and thrilling and happy when I think about being alone. I'd at least like to think I can be that fun!"

Her tail twitched behind her for a bit. Hm. "I know this is awkward, but your purple is impossible to ignore. I know you've got to be one of the Princes, but which one?" She just couldn't help but ask!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm
Her answer confused him, but, thinking about it, he probably would be less fun if he was all alone and his parents were gone. And she wasn't saying she wasn't any fun at all. This was getting confusing, he'd just have to make up his own mind. And that brought him right back to both him and Halili being right and wrong at the same time. Hamaniya had the potential but hhe had no evidence and that certainly wasn't any fun now.

"What?" he exclaimed suddenly, surprised when she asked who he was, "I'm Shangyue."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm
Hamaniya dipped her head, mostly in being nice, but she still thought it was a little silly since he was still a cub, and not in the presence of any of his other family members. "It is a pleasure, Shangyue."

He had grown quiet otherwise...perhaps he grew bored? Hamaniya knew that she had been like that when she was young, so perhaps he was thinking that she wasn't as entertaining as he thought she might be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm
Shangyue continued to stare at her after she nodded and responded politely to his surprised introduction. Well, he didn't have anything else to say or do here. Overall he was disappointed but, for now, he would keep that to himself.

"OK then," he said, "Goodbye, Hamaniya."

And then he scrambled off in the direction he had appeared from, going past his hiding spot an continuing on to something else. Hopefully something more interesting, he decided.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:50 pm
The golden lioness blinked, surprised that he had left. She...didn't think it would be too wise to follow after him, however. Instead, she kept to where she was, debating on how that interaction might affect or future. Or how it might not, how much could one cub remember once he was older?  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games