[PRP] You Again (Lailah and Yavin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:40 pm
Yavin had taken to walking during the day. To keep his mind off of things and to make it appear as if he was busy. It was good, though, and he did find himself rather enjoying it.

The lion never planned his walks, but simply allowed himself to wander, guided by the natural paths in the terrain and altering his path if it would have him crossing with a lower ranking member that he really didn't want to deal with. Today the sky was grey and with it came a wash of cooler air that blew his mane forwards and into his face. But, annoyingly, the only way to fix that problem would be to turn back and if he did that then he'd be at the royal den site again before the sun had even reached its peak. Then he'd have the whole afternoon ahead and he really didn't want to be curled up in his den.

Wasting the day.

Huffing in annoyance, he lifted a paw to brush aside a low-hanging branch and pressed on, hoping that the thickening undergrowth would provide a suitable wind-block.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 pm
Lailah was gathering plants. It was something that an Apprentice seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time doing, but it wasn't exactly a job that could be done by just anybody. And since Stellaluna had to be Shaman and available to those who needed her, Lailah was the one who had to go gather the plants.

She sighed. At least it wasn't a waste of time, as these would go to very good use.

Looking up, the white lioness saw an expanse of tan fur. Poking her head through some of the small bushes, her yellow eyes widened in recognition.

"You!" she cried out in surprise.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:48 pm
Yavin gave a rather undignified yelp of shock at the sudden yell and leapt backwards as if expecting someone to come lunging for his throat. It took him a good couple of seconds to realise the face he was staring at was not a dangerous rogue but...but...

Her.

"What are you doing here?" The question was out of his mouth before his brain registered that it probably was not a great way to greet anybody, let alone her. He hastily cleared his throat and tried to recover some of his dignity. "Don't you have something better to do than sneaking up on pride members?" Yep, and he was still being grumpy. Apparently being scared didn't put him in the most happiest of moods.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 pm
Lailah rolled her eyes as he immediately went confrontational...and didn't bother to hide the expression. Honestly, this guy had to learn that the world didn't revolve around him!

She did know who he was now. A question to Stellaluna had cleared that up fairly quickly, since the Shaman did know all of the royal family by name and face. Prince Yavin. One of the Heiress' younger brothers.

That still didn't give him the right to treat her like that though.

"I am doing my duties," she informed him with dignity, emphasizing the fact that she had work to do on behalf of the pride...whereas he just lazed away every day in waste. "So if anyone was sneaking up on anyone else, it was you sneaking up on me."

So there!  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:00 pm
"Oh, of course." He snapped. "My mistake. Please accept my most sincerest of apologies." His tone suggested he was anything but sincere and, with a low grumbling under his breath. "After all, we wouldn't want to interrupt your working, now, would we?" He glared at her. "Oh, wait. I forgot. You're always working. Guess it can't be helped, then."

Grumbling under his breath he stepped to the side and moved on as if to bypass her and continue on his way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm
It was useless to argue that she had just as much free time as any other adult with a rank other than Lord or Lady, Prince or Princess. She could already see that. And obviously his words dripped sarcasm.

"At least if I'm working all the time I contribute to the well-being of the pride!" she snapped back. "Instead of just laying on my haunches just because I was born to a higher class than most of the pride!"

She'd never heard of Yavin doing an honest day's work at all. At least Selene, and her mate Fuu, were commonly seen dispensing judgements and assisting the Heiress' parents in many ways.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 pm
His emotions were mixed. On one hand he was getting annoyed that this female dare shout at him like this. On the other hand he was...almost enjoying himself. A good argument got the blood racing and he'd spent the last few days wallowing in frustration over their last meeting. He could feel the weight lifting from his shoulders with every angry exchange.

"And what do you think I'm doing right now, huh? Laying about on my haunches watching the day go by? No. I'm not. I'm out and about; if you hadn't noticed. But perhaps I'll just go back to the dens and do just that. I'd quite happily do that if you'd prefer." He even made to turn back, his eyes still watching her carefully, waiting for her to throw her next verbal punch.

"There's no need to be so jealous."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:20 pm
Jealous? Her? Of him? What a preposterous notion! The only thing he had on her was that he was a prince, and really, was that so important in the end? He certainly had little to show for it!

"I am not jealous!" the lioness finally managed to retort after spending long moments gaping like a fish.

"And just because you're not lying in the sun right now doesn't mean you're being any more productive than if you were!" she continued. He certainly didn't look like he'd been pulling his own weight in any way whatsoever. He'd just gotten bored with lying around, she guessed, and was wandering through the pride instead.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:27 pm
"Well then, fine." He snapped, planting his paws firmly and glaring daggers at her. "You're clearly not so busy that you haven't got time to prey on my plans for the day." His tail flicked. "If you don't mind, I'll be taking my leave." And, quickly turning his head away (so that she wouldn't see his smirk) he stalked back the way he had come.

He wouldn't go home just yet, of course. He'd back track a little and then continue on his way for a while longer before heading back to poke around for a meal that the hunters may have brought back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:32 pm
Lailah fumed and glared at the lion's retreating back. Ooooh, he just made her so mad! She'd have to find a way to...to get even with him! Stupid princes and their stupid belief that they were somehow better than all other lions.

Hmph. Well, even if he'd left, she still had things to do here. The white lioness forced herself to slow her breathing and calm herself down. She had plants to gather, and she was certain to ruin them if she was impatient and ungently.

Yavin could wait until another day. It wasn't as if he was going to be doing anything more in the future than he was right now.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces