[prp] Something Odd {Annaleese x The Freds} Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 pm
Today was a slow day at The Simple Spell. Which wasn't too much of a surprise as most days were slow. Not that they didn't get much business. A majority of her income came from the personal house visits families requested. To aid the passing of ailing family members. But today she had no house calls to attend and with the shop being slow like this, Anna found herself in the back room, working on crafting a new line of charms. She left the back door open, just in case someone walked in. Otherwise Bastian would let her know a customer was here.

Speaking of the Grimalkin, Anna was pretty sure he was sprawled out on the counter next to the register. The big grump liked laying in plain sight as still as possible, waiting to see how long it took people to notice him. Which was when he usually chose to inform her they had someone in the store.

That or he was upstairs on the couch...

Bastian himself was indeed on the counter, front paws crossed and his head resting on top of them. That big bushy tail lazily swung over the ledge while his eyes were slitted towards the front door. Like he was just waiting for someone interesting to come in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:34 pm
Interesting? The next customer may qualify, although if the grimalkin could have understood, he might have benefited from a warning on being careful what he wished for --

-- the door opens, then closes softly behind the new arrival, as if they want no noise to signify their arrival. There is something sneaking about the way the young man moves, in fact, though it is hard to tell if he is trying to escape notice from fear .. or from shame. There are ruddy spots high on his cheeks and an unnatural brightness to his eyes as he pushes back the hood of a cloak that the weather did not call for. He wipes the front of his shirt with one hand, though there is neither dust nor dirt there, and as his gaze skitters uneasily across the wares of The Simple Spell, he stops suddenly.

He's seen Bastian.

And, in a turn of events that may please the ornery grimalkin, the young tough has frozen in what is obviously fear. He hardly breathes, doesn't dare blink, and though he cannot bring himself to come any closer, he cannot leave either. What he's come here for is just that important.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:23 pm
He did indeed get something interesting. Or rather someone. And it slightly irritated the familiar that he'd failed to notice the man's arrival in the first place. Soft footed, that one. But now that they were locked in a stare off. Bastian didn't blink, faintly glowing eyes boring into the customer. A flick of his tail. Twitch of a paw.

"Mrrooooooow." The silence was suddenly broken with a loud yowl. Which even made Anna jump in the back room.

"Dagnamit... Bastian!"

The Grimalkin snorted, never taking his gaze off of their 'visitor'. "Rowwwh." At least he was a little quieter this time.

Heart beating just a tad bit faster, Anna quickly set aside the piece she'd been working with. Someone must be here. That sounded like the Grimalkin's typical 'visitor' sound. Pulling off the gloves she'd been wearing and setting them on her work table, the brunette walked into the main shop, pausing. "O-Oh! Forgive me, sir. What can I help you with today?" She asked, feeling slightly embarrassed at having yelled at Bastian with a customer standing right there!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 am
Anna isn't the only one who jumps: a chill trickles down the stranger's spine, and he takes a staggered backward step at the terrifying noise. When Anna comes around the corner she will see him frozen, caught in the act of reaching behind himself for the door -- and for all that his clothing and general air make him seem like a young street tough, he does not look very tough right now. His eyes are huge and locked on Bastian, and with a twitch he pulls his hand back to his side, away from the door. It takes visible effort for him to pull his gaze away to examine Anna, and it is perhaps because she is young and female that he is able to regain something of his composure.

"I need something that'll let me sleep," he tells her shortly, and if he is a bit rude about it, there is also a fine sheen of sweat across his brow, and the look of a man haunted by some unknown ill. Usually someone like this would be better off going to a doctor -- if he feels so distressed, it can't be a good idea for him to take something strong. But there's got to be a reason why he'd want to come to a spell shop, specifically.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 am
She was not sure what may or may not have happened while she was in the back room, but with how... nervous her 'guest' seemed, Anna shot an annoyed look towards her familiar. Bastian just blinked at her, clearly not caring that she was irritated he'd tried to scare another of her customers! Flipping the thick braid of chocolate hair over her shoulder, Anna turned an apologetic and soft smile towards the young man. "Please forgive my Grimalkin partner. He's just a grump with a horrid sense of humor." Her green gaze took in his clothing, another wave of apology rising to the tip of her tongue. Best not keep apologizing and appear annoying.

Snorting, Bastian released the young man from his gaze, idly raising a paw to lick his fur into place. For the moment, he was ignoring them.

"Something to help you sleep?" Anna echoed, tapping her chin. "Just overly exhausted? Or something else making sleep difficult?" The hedge witch moved forward, gesturing for him to follow, stopping in front of a shelf with charms all depicting sleep in some way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:45 pm
The soft smile manages to accomplish what even her apology can't -- he flushes briefly, a touch of pink visible under his freckles before it fades soon enough. There's a great deal that a pretty woman can get away with, even around one ready to bolt should someone say 'boo' too loudly. He'll even follow her to the shelf full of charms, even if he manages somehow to remain just out of an arm's reach from her. It's almost as if he's afraid of her, too! He must be desperate, to come to a spell shop when he's made nervous by hedge-witches and grimalkins ..

"Somethin' else," he says abruptly, pressing his lips tightly together in displeasure at the confusing array of charms. "It's -- " He hesitates, and licks his lips, and finally shakes his head and seems to decide that it's now or never. " .. it's dreams. They're always there. Always. I can't -- can't even drink them away." The last few words are almost a moan, and he rubs at his face with the back of his hand; no doubt that he tried and just made his problem worse, for alcohol is no good remedy for sleeplessness despite common perceptions.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:28 pm
She wasn't sure if she had seen the flush to his cheeks or not, but it made her feel that perhaps Bastian hadn't entirely ruined the young man's experience in her shop? Anna hoped so. It never occurred to her that she might be part of the reason he was nervous! No, she just blamed her familiar for it all.

Anna watched his hesitation, frowning slightly before her expression grew slightly understanding. Whether or not her minds reasoning was to 'why' he was hesitant was correct...

"I can assure you, sir, that anything said will be completely confidential. I don't give out any information gained about any of my clientele." Anna said quietly with a small hint of pride in her tone. She did take grate care to keep all personal information learned between her and the one that shared it with her. However when he admitted what it was, she felt it may have been embarrassment. Ah, but he was not the first! "Those sound quite troublesome." She murmured, attention directed towards the charms she had on display.

Anna's fingers brushed along a few charms absently, as if she gauging the level of imbued magic within them before grabbing a couple. "I have a couple that may be of some help to you. One is more geared towards overwrought nerves while the other focuses more on an overwhelmed mentality."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 pm
There's a few seconds of blankness at her reassurance -- a few of the words she uses bypass him entirely in regards to their meaning. While his clothing suggests that he is perhaps the son of a merchant or a merchant himself, book learning is not guaranteed at his status, and apparently if he does read he is not well-read. But her tone conveys much of her intended meaning, and he tries to settle himself some, for all the good that it does.

" .. overwhelmed is right," he mutters, with a nervous little toss of his head. "Nerves .. I guess that'd work. How much are they?" He stares at the whole lot of them blankly, as if he intends to buy the box and hang them all over his person -- if there is any negative side effect from using too many, she might want to mention it.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm
He was too strung up. That was her first opinion as she continued to study him. And part of her began to wonder if it was all Bastian's fault or not. But he did seem... tired. And perhaps... fearful? Anna internally sighed, wishing she could put him at ease. "The prices for each one varies, depending on what was used to create it." She replied quietly, letting her green gaze fall on the charms.

The hedge witch frowned thoughtfully, biting at her lower lip. "What sort of dreams are they?" She finally asked, feeling a little intrusive but wanting to have a better idea what was really bothering the young man. It would allow her to help him much easier if his answers weren't quite so vague.

While his human was busy trying to soothe the nervous male, Bastian decided to prowl the store and steadily move closer. He did not like leaving his Anna alone with a man that smelled of fear like this one. Plus... he was bored. So as silently as he was able, the Grimalkin walked up between the pair and sat down at his person's feet. Then just stared, unblinking, at the man.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:32 pm
He almost -- almost! -- laughs when she speaks on the prices, wondering to himself if the ingredients are anything as arcane as rumor suggests. A copperbit for things that just require a bit of human hair and some ash? Three silver pieces for something that needs bones from a nobleman's grave, taken ten years after the day that he died? A gold piece for something that requires the fingernail clippings of a virgin princess? For a moment he teeters in the direction of hysteria, he is so giddy, but before he can fall down that abyss, Anna opens up another under his feet.

" -- what sort of -- .. what does it matter?" His tone is quite rude, a snappishness that suggests that he's not just nervey, he's stretched far too thin. "It's that damned tree, it's been that damned tree for weeks, and now I can't close my eyes without hearing him crying and crying and crying!" His voice gets louder as he speaks, until the last 'crying' cracks audibly, and he swallows the tail end of the word with a choked noise that gives way to a small groan. "Crying when I'm awake, crying when I'm asleep .. I didn't want him in the first place!"

Before he can elaborate any further, he lowers his head with the intent of pressing a hand to his temple -- and freezes. Oh gods. The damned thing has -- has -- he didn't even see it move! It just wasn't there, and then it was there, and his eyes go big and wide, color leeching out from under his freckles again. "Keep that thing away from me!"  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:16 pm
He may not have laughed but Anna felt herself feeling faintly defensive. Was there something wrong with having varied prices on her charms? They weren't easy to craft and some of the herbs mixed in to the soft metals were expensive! Anna had to reluctantly give him the benefit of the doubt, though. The charms probably looked inexpensive if one had not witnessed their creation before.

And then he was doing a sudden three-sixty in emotions and Anna found herself taking a tiny step back with a frown. Then she fixed him with a firm gaze, chin slightly jutted as if trying to prove he couldn't intimidate her. "It has everything to do with the choice!" She replied holding up one of the charms. "This one, for instance, is geared towards not only helping one sleep from overly fried nerves, but it adds an extra soothing relaxant to over worked muscles." The hedge witch grabbed another. "Where as this one helps to calm the wearer enough to fall into a deep sleep while healing migraines."

Oh he was nervous and jumpy and Anna wished she knew just what was causing it! His answer, however, completely baffled her. Her expression is one of shock and confusion. But... she had an answer to her question. Before she really thought on it, her hand reached out to gently rest against his arm in a feathery touch. For a brief moment, he might feel a strange sense of ease and peace... before Bastian ruined it.

"He won't hurt you!" She instantly defended her familiar, not so sure that was true. "Bastian just has a horrid fascination with being a terror." The Grimalkin in question hissed low, getting up to press against his person's legs, tail flicking at the tip. "Raaawh!" His bright eyes looked upwards, at Anna, when she nudged him away.

Sighing heavily, Anna gave up trying to play sweet shopkeeper, letting her guards drop. "Damnit, Bastian! Go upstairs. Now." Green eyes stared at her customer. "Please forgive him... and me. Now, why don't you take a deep breath and tell me about this 'him' that you did not want while I grab a charm that I think is just what you need, hmm?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:43 pm
He flinches with each charm that she grabs, as if he's afraid that those charms could do something harmful to him -- he's afraid of the shop, he's almost afraid of pretty little Anna, and he's most certainly afraid of Bastian! There's a thin tremor running through him when she sets her hand on his arm, the feeling of motion being held back by the thinnest threads. The noise the grimalkin makes causes him to take a stumbling step back, for a moment fumbling with something at his belt .. a weapon?

And this man in his relatively nice clothing with his fear and his uncertainty and his sleep-deprived madness all of the sudden has something cold and dark in his eyes as well, the cool anger of the streets that says that he knows how to use a weapon. That he could, if pressed, become a not-very-nice sort of fellow --

-- but Anna speaks again, and for a moment the coldness fades, his hand never leaving his belt. "Him from the tree," he tells her impatiently, and if all his talk of crying had at first almost made his little 'problem' sound like an unwanted baby, his description will shortly clear that matter up nicely. "The damn witch-deer that them as are fools is calling a Guardian. I don't want none. It just appeared! And even if I leave it off with somebody else, it's in my head and cryin' all the time, and I can't sleep!" His voice rises to a shout, becoming almost hysterical.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm
If the Grimalkin could puff up any more, it would have been a shock. His fur bristled as he saw that hand move towards... something. He didn't know what the man was reaching for but the amount of fear he scented coming from him was enough to make Bastian untrusting of him. The Familiar stood between the humans, hissing and protecting his person... until she kicked him with her foot towards the stairs.

"Go." Anna said firmly, also aware that her customer had reached for something. Damnit! This was not looking to be a good day.

"From the tree... ?" That didn't make sense to her. But she barely had time to consider it as he just let it spill out. Witch-deer? Anna blinked, green eyes wide. Did he mean... the Guardian deers? Yep. That was indeed what he meant. Well damn! "Hey, easy. It's alright. Come. Sit down over here and take a few deep breaths." Since he looked like a spooked and upset animal, Anna didn't try touching him again, instead stepping around and gesturing towards a stool off to the side of her register counter.

Delicately, she picked a few charms along the way and set them on the counter, turning to face him with a small smile. "Now, why don't we try this all again, okay? My name's Annaleese. What name might I call you, sir?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 am
What with times being what they are, Guardians are increasingly being seen as not "just" old tales, as something that Sunderland may need. Last's opinion is not the common one .. but he is certainly serious about it. Something has come loose inside of him, something has been overturned, and as Bastian is sent away a shudder runs through him: he had teetered momentarily on the thinnest edge, where one small step, one mis-spoken word, one breath could have sent him into violence. But the Grimalkin is sent away and there is Anna, talking in her smooth, calm voice, talking with her pretty little smile and her big green eyes, and the Freds have always been a sucker for a pretty face.

Last rubs at his eyes and takes his hand away from his belt, allowing himself to be coaxed onto the stool. His shoulders are still taunt with stress, but he is no longer standing, and it is not a bad idea to set him where his head is lower than hers.

" .. you can call me Fred," he tells her, since if she doesn't know there's two of him, he's content to leave it at that, and hope that she never will know. "On account of it's my name. I just need somethin' to keep the dreams off, okay? So's I can sleep."  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm
She knew - could feel - Bastian was quite irritated with being sent away, and Anna would not be surprised if he ignored her for the rest of the day because of it. Which she could deal with. A highly strung, ready to snap customer on the other hand? The hedge witch preferred not to push her luck. That was already being tested by the fact this man was, apparently, one of the Chosen. And he was not happy about it.

Like her mother and grandmother, Anna had been raised to believe in the tales of old. For how could they not be true when they had their familiars! She was not as knowledgeable about Guardians, only knowing what most people knew and heard.

However magic, she was familiar with. And she believed that the Guardians themselves had to be as well.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Fred." She said sweetly, relaxing as he settled and no longer seemed about to do something he'd regret. "And I believe... I have something that can help you. However," a surprisingly stern and serious look crossed Anna's features as she regarded the man. "I cannot break a bond like what you now possess. You will still be able to 'feel' him, even in sleep. But I can at least give you something that will allow for dreamless sleep."

Gesturing to the four charms on the counter, Anna let Fred take his fill of looking before she spoke, no longer sounding so serious. "Each of these have been crafted to help with sleep. They focus on healing and soothing one thing or another that typically causes insomnia or difficulty sleeping." Carefully, she pulled a strange cord from one of the small pouches that were neatly tied to the belt resting along her hips. When one were to touch it, there was a strange 'hum' of something - magic perhaps? - that you could feel. It was oddly comforting and after a few minutes, the wearer wouldn't notice anything unusual any longer. The cord itself was made of thread created delicately from herbs her family had learned 'boosted' the effect of their magic, with several strands of Anna's own hair woven in to make it specific to her magic. Allowing Fred to watch her work, so he wasn't suspicious of anything she did, Anna carefully attached each charm to a small section of the cord, cutting it and tying it off, so when she was finished, she presented him with a charm bracelet.

"May I... ?" She asked, gesturing to his hand and holding her own out so she might place it around his wrist.

❧ Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff