Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 am
User Image

She had recovered from her wounds quite a while ago and was on the move once more. While regretting to leave her healer, she felt it was for the best for a number of reasons. It still held a heavy grip on the striped lioness' heart though as she wandered without much of a purpose now through the grasslands of Africa. Had the gods become angered with her sacrifices and sent the male to scar her as a punishment? Risheera shook her head, trying to push the thoughts from her mind but to no avail. In fact, it just made it worse by giving her a aching headache to go along with the confusion in her head. Turning her head back around her yelled to the two following after her, "Hurry up! I want to find shelter before dark!" And a meal in her belly wouldn't hurt either.

User Image

"Whatever you say, boss." Heidrun growled under her breath as she hardly even raised her head to even grace the lioness in front of her with her acknowledgement. The female hyena was far less than pleased with her current situation of servitude and her entire body expression showed it. Her gait was slow and sluggish while her tail stayed down but not tucked under her belly. It she didn't know that this lioness could put up a fight she would have just slain her and ran with the coward of a male hyena following after her. But no, all she could do was agree and wait for her time.

User Image

The brown mess of a lion stalked the edge of his pride, keeping his eyes out for any possible danger to the lionesses that resided within it. It was his job to protect them after all since they hunted for him. Still, he had only managed to have three litters, one that resulted in only one child; a male but still only one. Another that was a large litter that were growing into their manes and the newest, a litter with a leopardess. Only two, but they were beautiful enough to make him proud. Though he had more, more lionesses and other felines that he had still not had any children born from. Was he not trying hard enough? Were they not? Were they already pregnant? Was it by another male?! Such thoughts caused the blood in his body to boil as a growl managed to creep out of Durin's mouth. No, his lionesses would not be so bold as to mate with another male behind his back and still reside within his pride.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:16 pm
User Image

Bjorg followed closely behind Heidrun. His pace matched Heidrun's, not wishing to pass her so she stayed between the lioness and himself, however he seemed less gloomy. The situation was not ideal, but they weren't dead at least. While he seemed less upset his tail still hung down, curling slightly as if just waiting for a reason to disappear beneath him. If nothing else though he was trying to make the best of a less than desirable situation. "Where do you think we are heading?" He questioned towards Heidrun, his gaze shifting around to try and get an idea. He had not been this far from home before, so while everything looked so similar it was also so different.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:23 pm
The growl was at least, faintly audible by Risheera as she slunk passed unknowingly close to this male's territory. It was only thanks to her stripes and her colorization that she remained undetected by him. Luckily she saw him first. The muscles of her body tensed and the fur in the back of her neck stood up at the sight of the larger male. While she had taken down the other who had given her this scar on her face, he had already been wounded by the battle that had gone on well before she had gotten there. Now she had the dilemma of deciding to approach him or attempt to sneak away unnoticed.

"I have no idea Bjorg." Heidrun replied in a low voice. Her words were a little snappier then she had originally intended her voice to be though it wasn't like she would apologize. Their situation sucked and it was a small way to release some of the anger building up in her that she couldn't release since they hadn't stopped to hunt recently. Suddenly she stopped as Risheera got down to the ground, obviously tense about something did she begin to look around, wondering what she was even looking at.

Too late.

There was a...smell in the air. Durin couldn't quite place it, but it was there. His nose followed it, his head following suit until golden eyes met another pair of equally bright eyes staring right back into his from a distance. Far too stunned over her looks to care about the hyenas behind her, Durin stumbled back, tripping over himself to end up on his rear. What in the world was a lioness, one of her beauty, doing near his territory?! 'Say something you idiot!'

"H-hi." Was all that peeped out of his mouth as he continued to gawk at her, his eyes following the flow of the stripes on her fur. 'Nice going.'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:33 pm
Heidrun's tone did not bother the male that much, he had grown up with snappy females so it was just something he was used to, expected even. Wherever they were going he hoped they got there soon. All this walking was tiring, and they hadn't stopped to hunt for some time. Hunger rumbled lightly in his stomach, though he ignored it as best he could. Wouldn't do to get either female upset bringing it up, or he could the trek would be a lot more unpleasant.

Bjorg barely managed to stop before bumping into the female hyena, his gaze shifting quickly around to see why they had stopped. "What's going on?" He questioned, though his voice had softened towards the end as he spotted the male. The pale hyena sunk towards the ground, looking from Heidrun to Risheera and back to the male.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 pm

The hyena frowned at the entire situation in front of her. It was...revolting to see a male of such girth fawn over a lioness so easily. Oh if only he knew the real her... Heidrun looked back once again to Bjorg, "Seems like we've got company." She whispered in reply to his question. "Though I wouldn't worry too much. He's a pretty wimpy lion by the sounds of it."

Oh geez. Oh geez. She was talking to him! His lionesses were pretty, but nothing like her. "I'm D-Durin." The male stammered again, trying desperately to regain his composure. It was a futile attempt, but he tried none the less. "My pride i-is around here, if you maybe want to rest there." Now his mind was only thinking about what their children would look like, let alone how the hell he was going to convince her to come back with him. She could likely have pick of almost any male out there, maybe even a god! Why would she want someone like him?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm
Bjorg's ears perked slightly as he looked from the lioness to the male, before swiveling back against. Great, now they were to be in the company of another lion. By the looks of his middle he was not alone either. If he knew one thing about lions it was that they tend to stay in groups. The idea of followng the male back to more lions, or perhaps rather lionesses, was not a good one. He would have preferred to continue walking hungry than this, but it was unfortunately not his choice.

However there seemed something rather curious between the two. The male was acting strange for a lion, though Bjorg couldn't quite place why. "What's wrong with him?" He questioned softly.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
She wouldn't, it was that simple. There was just no way she would have anything to do with him. Internally, she was disgusted and taken back by his boldness but on the outside Risheera remained as innocent as she could muster as she laughed quietly at his shyness. What a disgusted excuse for a male, no backbone at all. While most would have taken his offer outright, she was cautious. Why would he want to take her back so quickly? Was it some kind of trap? Perhaps, but based on what she was seeing it was nothing she and her hounds could not handle. With him staring at her, she finally figured out her reply.

"That sounds lovely...I don't think I got your name." At least if she was going to go with him, she wanted to know who he was. Just in case. Of course she would be careful not to give this strange rogue her name, or at least not her real one. Again, just in case.

"I..I don't know Bjorg. I don't know. Though the rest he's offering sounds amazing." If she would ever agree with Risheera on something it would be how sickeningly disgusting this lion was when he was lovestruck. "I think he may like her somehow but how I'm not really sure." Of course that last sentence was said just loud enough in hopes Risheera would hear. By her silence in response, Heidrun could only hope it helped make her even more upset about the situation.

"Ah! I-I'm Durin." How had forgotten to give her his name?! At least that hadn't ruined his chances with her. A bright smile found itself on Durin's maw as he brought himself onto all four of his paws. "It's not too far. The lionesses that live with me will be happy for the company." He turned his head to look towards the two hyenas standing behind her. "Are they traveling with you?" It had been the first time Durin had even acknowledged their existence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:08 pm
"Rest would be nice." Bjorg agreed, though rest amongst a pride sounded terrifying. This, however, he kept to himself. He would go where Heidrun went. The pale hyena looked once more between the male and Risheera. Liked her? Was this how lions showed affection? It was certainly nothing like the relationships between the female's in his family and their males. It seemed kind of nice, but also quite strange as well.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:53 pm
His question caught her a little off-guard as Risheera quickly spun her head around to see who Durin was talking about. Oh, it was just the two hyenas. It seemed as though they hadn't just run off yet as she had fully expected them to do when a moment came and one had come and passed just now. Really, Risheera had forgotten temporarily that they had even existed. Oh well. She turned her head back around to nod to Durin. "Why yes, they are. They're working off a bit of debt to me."

Debt?! Why Heidrun nearly let out a snarl just from how upset she was now. It was no debt, she was simply helping out because of that one stupid botched hunt that wasn't even entirely her fault! So..why didn't she just go outright and say that? She didn't know...maybe it was out of fear of what would happen because of it. It always seemed as though she was outnumbered bu the Heidrun before Bjorg wouldn't have given a damn about the odds. Then Bjorg's statement came pulling her out of her funk. "Indeed it would." She echoed, hoping to get Risheera to hurry up and just accept that damn lion's offer. Screw the guy's name. At this rate they'd hear his entire life story!

"Oh well..." He hadn't been expecting that. Two more quests? Well, he was sure his pride could pick up the slack. Durin nodded with a smile. He didn't want to mess up any chance he had with this lioness after all. "That shouldn't be a problem. You're two companions are welcome there as well so long as they don't make any trouble." Of course that last little statement he added with a glance over to the two pack animals before turning his eyes and affection back to the striped lioness. "I'll lead you back. There's a nice flat rock you could lay on too to keep you up and off of the ground. A lioness like yourself shouldn't be resting on the ground anyways."

"Oh how thoughtful~" Risheera smiled, almost genuinely this time as she ignored the verbal prodding coming from the hyenas. "If you'd like to the lead the way we'll follow after you."

"Oh! O-of course!" With a sense of urgency, Durin quickly turned around and began walking back towards his pride. Of course he tried to keep it slow for the lioness. If she wanted to go any faster, she would probably let him know or least he hopes so.

Following after him was Risheera with satisfied grin on her face and then Heidrun trailing behind her looking as grumpy as ever.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:38 pm
The female hyena's anger did not go entirely unnoticed, however Bjorg knew nothing he could do about it. Should a fight break out they would be up against not only Risheera, but likely also this male and perhaps even his pride should he call them. His nervousness and fear was only slightly overshadowed by his curiosity. Bjorg had never been inside a lion pride, and as much as the though terrified him of being surrounded by lions he was also quite interested to see how they lived. From a distance, safely behind Heidrun, that is. So behind the rather unhappy Heidrun he followed faithfully after.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces