Submit

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:23 pm
Orra's stomach made a resounding growl from her hiding spot in the tall grass, which she did her best to ignore. She could try to hunt, but she was expecting her brother along at any moment.
Then again, he'd been gone much longer than last time. She knew how he would worry and often times come back with only small things, just to check up on her.

It wasn't like Samsen to be gone so long.

It also wasn't like Orra to suck up her cowardice and move. She was the type to easily become lost, and the last thing she wanted to do was move and risk missing her brother coming back. And he would be the one who had to hunt HER down, and she couldn't, WOULDN'T inconvenience him that way. Not if she could avoid it.

A growl of her stomach, and she cowered. She was going to have to move... nature in the form of breakfast was calling, and she'd gone so many days without as it was. She wouldn't last much longer.

Taking a deep breath, she raised her head ever so slightly, taking in her surrounding area with a whimper before making a step forward.

A chirp from the grass and she tumbled back in an instant, heart beating out of her chest as she stared, wide-eyed at a tiny bug. Maybe this could work, she thought silently, bringing a paw down to watch it spring out of reach.

With a growl, nothing more than a small squeak in her throat, she pounced again, giving the small, crunchy morsel no more time to escape again.

Gross.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:38 pm
User Image Azrael took down the zebra he had been tailing for some time and was quite satisfied with the effort. The creature had gone off from the rest of it's herd after a fight with the dominate male there. Seeing the opportunity to get this lone creature, The dark male had peeled off from the rest of the hunting party, for a while and struck out to get this on his own. The others had thought it a good idea if he could catch this one as well as them catching something else. It seemed a sound way to do hunting to him and since the others had agreed, here he was.

Azrael admired his work for a moment and chuckled happily to himself. He was going to have to move it in a moment, and he would need to find a place to hide it as well. Although if it was a little lighter he might have been able to carry it. Hmm, maybe he could eat a little off of it and take only the meat back. The innards were heavy, but were not as filling as the meat itself. Just as he thought this, though he heard what sounded like a squeaking sound from a little ways off. What had that been? The lion got the zebra on his back as best he could and headed for an outcropping of rock that he could shove it under.

As Azrael gets to the outcropping he sees the lioness pouncing at something. He puts down the zebra and shoves it under the ledge of the rock before turning and padding closer to the female. She looked a bit young, and he would have said that she did not eat very well from the look of her, but then she was likely a Rogue and unless she was traveling with another, that was often the case of things. The big male stood close by her and frowned as he watched her. "A bug is not worthy prey."

ChezaRain

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:09 pm
At the sound of the male's voice, Orra froze in place, horror stricken across her features. She stole a quick glance, saw it wasn't her brother, and quickly tried to duck back down into the grass, ears flattening against her head.
It took her a little amount of time to realize this was a stupid idea, but even longer for her to actually raise herself back into view.

"Oh, w-well... n-no, it isn't..."
Every word from her mouth, the female would duck back, almost as if the effort to speak were painful itself. She didn't know this male, didn't trust him... but she was a weakling, and no amount of pretending was going to convince him otherwise. Not with her hunger growing more obvious by the minute.

She dared to look at him again, her gaze unwavering at the zebra strewn on his back. She blinked in disbelief that he could carry such a thing, not to mention it was a large amount of meat for only one lion, but each gut was their own, was it not?

It took a bit of mustering, but she finally managed to inch closer and speak; a double feat for her with a stranger.

"You... h-have b-better skills, it s-seems...."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:37 pm
Azrael raised an eyebrow at the young lioness. He watched her dug down as if to hide from him and sighed to himself. It was quite obvious that she was scared, and most likely alone. He could not just let her out here by herself. He had no doubts that she would end up starving on her own if she hunted things like bugs to try to survive. There were not enough of them in easy to catch places around here from what he had seen. He saw the hungry look in her eyes as she looked at the zebra he still had half draped on his back. He had not gotten it completely shoved under the ledge so it wasn't off his back.

Azrael knew he should take the time to rest after chasing it down. HE also knew that it would be a lot easier to carry, though he would still struggle with it, if it were lighter, and that this female looked hungry and her stomach growled at least once that he was sure of. He got an idea. "I am a decent hunter, yes. My mother did not raise weak cubs, taught us to hunt and fight so we would survive... This zebra would be a lot easier to carry if someone lightened it and you look hungry..." The male slide the zebra the whole way off his back and looked at the female.

Azrael could not help feeling sorry for her. He grinned at her, and jerked his head toward the zebra that was now laying on the ground, still half under the ledge he had been trying to stuff it under. "Why don't you eat the soft innards, which make it so heavy... I will take a few moments to catch my breath while you do... and then you can come back to my pride with me." He would push the issue if he had to, because he was not letting her out here when she obviously could not fend for herself properly.

ChezaRain

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm
Food.
Just the mere mention of it had Orra in a tizzy, but she was reluctant. She made the move to get closer, shyly placing her paws one right behind the other in her approach and keeping her head lowered.

"Are... y-you sure that's o-okay?"
Her stomach complained and she gave it a glare; something she would never muster against another creature.
The mention of a pride and she perked up, if only a little, before looking back at her hiding place.

"But... m-my brother might... c-come back and..."
Oh, who was she kidding? She sighed and shook her head. No... something had to happen to him. He wasn't gone for nothing. Then an idea sparked, and her head was held higher than it had been in days.

"Do you think m-maybe... my brother... left m-me on purpose?"
The idea of it had her cringing noticeably, and she had half a mind to curl up under the larger male for safety from the demons of her mind. But she wouldn't, and instead chose to squish around the offered innards, not yet up to the task of eating them. In case he changed his mind, you never know, she pondered silently.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 pm
"You were waiting for your brother?" Azrael thought it made sense. If her brother was better at taking care of himself and this female, then he would have tried to leave her in a safe place while he hunted. Better to keep her out of the way while he did the work and then bring it back to her. But she seemed so scared and alone. What had happened to the brother? He hated to think that anyone would abandon the lioness when she obviously could not defend herself. It just was not right in his mind. Family was family, you stuck together.

"I do not know this brother of yours to make that judgement. I know that there are those creatures in the world that would do such a thing, but I cannot fathom it myself." Azrael would be quite honest with this female if he could. Then again, if the brother was not very strong himself, either the exiles or the main pride could have taken him as a thrall... "I am quite sure that it is fine for you to eat what I offer. I caught it and besides, my pride will assume I ate it to regain my strength." That was certainly true.

This female would have to come home with him, it was quite settled in his mind. He did not really want a Thrall, but he would be damned if he let her out here by herself when others might capture her and be cruel to her. "I will take you back to my pride... I would normally give you a proper challenge so that you could enter free... but you need protection and none would believe that you won a fair fight on your own... Would you mind horribly cleaning a den and sharing my company?"

ChezaRain

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 pm
That was all she needed to hear for Orra to devour what she deemed necessary. She knew not to over-indulge when she was as hungry as she was, as it would only lead to a sour stomach and an inability to walk. And with the way this lion was treating her... she paused long enough to respond.

"Cleaning? I... I c-could easily.... and y-your company... I w-wouldn't mind..."
She couldn't wait around forever. She wouldn't survive without help, or at least someone to teach her to hunt properly for herself. And maybe this lion too, and that thought tinted the skin beneath her fur. So embarrassing, hunting for a male as thanks! Besides, he HAD mentioned a challenge being the other option to join him, and the thought of raising her paw against someone so kind as him was devastating to the young lioness.
She thought again of her brother, and glanced at her 'boss', chuckling at herself when the word itself crossed her mind.

"He wouldn't... just leave me.... no...."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 pm
Azrael gave the female a soft smile as she agreed to the deal and spoke again of her brother. He had to be honest with her on the options for her brother. Perhaps she would get lucky and find him in the pride when they returned to the main pride again. It would be nice for her to have her family close by and he did hope she found her brother again. He did not want her to think that his pride was all flowers and sunshine though, and know that he would defend her from others if he had to.

"I was not planning to take a Thrall, but you need help and I can defend you. With as close as you are to the pride, your brother could have been taken by force by my pride... not all see the problem with capturing just for the sake of enslaving. My sister only has a Thrall because the creature attacked her and lost badly." Azrael paused and made sure she was eating well. He wanted her to have a good meal in her when they returned. She would need her strength and her wits about her.

"When we get back to the pride, you will be seen as my property. I will treat you well... and if ANYONE gives you a problem, you let me know. Nobody has a right to touch you in any way unless I say so, and I am not going to give them permission to beat you around or force themselves on you... and you do not have to jump to do whatever anyone tells you." Azrael did not want her to be abused or used by the others. He knew that there were those that would do it too. His sister was not one of them, so he would have a second set of eyes to look out for signs of such mistreatment.

ChezaRain

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:22 pm
She nodded, mouth too full to fully respond to his words at first. When she had taken the time to clear it in order to speak, he had started to talk about how her brother may have been captured, and her ears were at attention.

"I understand... d-don't let anyone... t-tell me what to do... except you... if you n-need me... for s-something..."
She took it much easier than she thought she would, being subjected to lions who could be forceful with her. But something about this lion was trustworthy, and she found herself relying on him much like she would her brother.

And it was at this point, she realized, she hadn't given him her name, and she quickly scrambled to do so. Why she felt the need to make sure she wasn't a straight-out mess despite the fact she had just been eating in front of him, she had no idea. But her face would be clean when she spoke.
"I'm... I-I'm Orra... Well, m-my name... i-is... Orra...."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 pm
Azrael grinned when she gave him her name. "Orra? That is a beautiful name. I am Azrael... I have a sister, Gabriel, whom you will meet when we get back to the outpost." He would explain the situation with the whole being outcast thing later when she was familiar enough with the pride's ways to understand it. For now, he would just simply make sure she ate, and knew enough to be safe. He could not really explain the situation without her knowing more about the pride anyway.

"I will not ask much of you, I promise, Orra, but you are too young to be out here alone... someone should be teaching you to hunt and survive on your own, not letting you out here to starve." He laid down right there and let her eat. He wanted to make sure she was done before they headed back. They would meet up with the rest of the group on the way. He would be half carrying and half dragging the zebra the whole way back, and she would just be following along.

Azrael was pretty sure that the exiles were all honorable enough not to make too many rude comments or hit on her. That was one thing he liked about having followed his sister out here. These guys and gals had the right idea about honor and the proper way to do things. That arse that had won his way into the Warlord position did not, and that worried Az. "Eat your fill, you will need your strength to walk with me, Orra." She really was a pretty lioness even if she was young and half starved. Perhaps if she liked the idea, they could be more than just master and thrall or friends.

ChezaRain

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:29 pm
She was feeling better than she had in days, and it would show when she smiled at Azrael. Truly, honestly smiled from the depths of her heart in a radiating manner.
".....Sister?"
Of course, hearing about another female would perk Orra up. She had no sisters, and therefore was prone to miss female company every once in a while, not that Samsen hadn't tried to keep up with her gossipy moments when she had them.
She looked at the food he'd offered, and quickly shook her head.
"I'll.... be a-able to walk... j-just fine now... when you're r-ready."
She wouldn't rush him, there was no need. Though if she thought about it clearly, he'd probably been waiting on her to finish up the entire time. She looked around before her gaze would settle back on him, lingering for a moment.

"So... w-which way do w-we go from h-here?"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm
Azrael nodded and rose again, stretching a little before he picked up the zebra, not at all minding the blood that got on his pelt. He could clean that off quite easily later. He was not at all squeamish about such things. "Yes, my sister is named Gabriel, as I said... she and I are the only two cubs our mother had. We stick together, though we would not have to, we both can defend ourselves." But they were siblings and liked each other's company. Family was comforting to them both.

"She's a bit serious, but she really is nice." Azrael knew his sister could be a bit off putting to some because she could be very single minded on her goals at times. He also knew she would approve of what he was doing for this young lioness. "Well if you are ready, then let us get moving. Just follow along, I'll lead the way. Don't worry, you should be able to keep up easily with me lugging this big thing." He grinned as he spoke and poked fun at his own slowness when carrying something heavy.

Azrael's mostly dark coat did not really show much of the blood that got on it from his burden, but even so by the time they got back to the outpost he was sure it would be showing quite well. He walked forward, the legs of the zebra dragging on the ground as the bulk of it was up over his back. It would be a slow trip if he had to make the whole thing like this, but likely when they got to the others of the hunting party another reaver would offer to help carry just so they could move faster. He hoped he was not the only one to catch something.

ChezaRain

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas