Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] So Beautiful (Nidawi x Nithralith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:58 am
User Image
The young mare felt a little weary. The sky was darkening and she knew it was near nightfall, but this didn't make her slow down. In the distance she could see small stone formations here and there then it looked as if it lead to a marsh. She had never been to a marsh before so this was something new. New experiences were good for her in making her learn more about the world around her and grow more as an individual. So she stepped through the tall grass until she reached the edge of the marsh looking down at the murky water with curiosity.

She knew she was far away from home. The safety of the forest had long been behind her for a good while now and even though some days she just wanted to run back home, she didn't. She was stronger then that and this was something she really had to do for herself. It was a growing process and she couldn't even remember how long it had been since she was home. The days came and went and she traveled each and every day.

But now she was staring down at murky water and didn't know how deep it actually was. There was no bottom, but her curiosity grew more and more. Yes she was dainty looking, but this didn't stop her from getting her hooves dirty. She took a step forward and felt her leg sink down until it was above her knee. This wasn't a big deal even though she was scared at first. She didn't know if she would have sunk all the way to the bottom and not been able to get out of there. With the fear behind her, she emerged herself into the water and began traveling through the muck and the grime of the marsh. It wasn't pleasant, but she could manage through it.

When she almost made it to the other side, she felt her leg get caught making her halt all her movement. "Oh shoot...I guess I wasn't careful enough.." She said lightly before giving her leg a hard tug feeling it dislodge from where it was. It hurt a little and she knew she roughed it up, but she would deal with that later. When she stepped out of the marsh, she looked at her leg seeing the trickle of blood making her sigh. She ignored it and walked, or rather limped over to a three stone formation. One large stone and two smaller ones at it's side.

Her weariness was becoming more and more evident, but she honestly hoped she could at least make it to the formation that was only a few feet away. There she could nurse her small wound and rest for the evening.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:14 pm
User Image

Well this certainly was an unexpected change of scenery. Who knew that a mountains edge could so quickly be reduced to a pool of muds and pebbles? Granted that it was like a soothing balm to a traveler's worn legs, so to that end the stallion could not complain. The liquid soil would likely add an unintentional polish to his hooves, come to think of it. Those were only the positive points trying to cross Nithralith's mind, however, as he was quickly consumed in thoughts of the negative.

Such as the temperature and texture of the thick substance. With winter's nightfall upon the land, he might as well have stepped into the innards of an abandoned corpse. He could only begin to imagine what else lurked beneath the surface, predators, prey, or victims. And with each step he pulled out of the marsh, he heard more than he could see. A fact that was not all too comforting for the stallion. Just how deep was this marsh, and how far should he risk crossing through it? The shadow of night was of no help to his worries, as the marsh seemed to stretch endlessly to mee the horizon. But upon closer inspection, Nithralith noticed boulders marking the area like haphazardous gravestones. Either they were impressively large, or they signaled shallow waters and perhaps even drier land.

With hesitance haulting his steps, Nithralith peered up at the sky, its darkening hues in stark contrast to his own irises. The trees above him were already in slumber to survive the season. Those with leaves were now bare, and those who resisted to keep their garments were slouched with the effort. Stubborn foliage. But he'd have to follow their sample is he was expecting to reach any fruition to his travels. His younger kin had a vast head start to explore these lands, and he could not afford trivial fears to slow or otherwise avert his path.

A muttering in the dead land, and the stallion furrowed his brow to the sound with his ears pointed forward. Weaving between the thin trees before him seemed to be a specter, pale and lithe against the blunt, earthy tones of the marsh. It's motions were stumped however by the thick water, and Nith knew then that it was a mortal Soquili just as himself. He had no intentions of following the stranger, until the sight of all four of her hooves helped sway his mind. If he could get to solid land, his travels would be all the more faster. And so he stalked to her direction, motions casual and eyes averted to show no ill will.

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:23 pm
Her leg wasn't getting any better, but it was something that was at least manageable and she was able to endure it. It wasn't long before she finally reached the rock formation and she took a break. She needed to rest her leg and even though she didn't want to, if she didn't it might come back and bite her right on the rump later. Letting out a small sigh, she examined her lower body seeing she was a little dirty, but it wasn't too bad. She knew of a small pond nearby that would easily take this dirt right off and make her coat shine all over again. Lifting her eyes up, she looked around the are very briefly seeing the stallion close by wondering if he was from this area or not. Nidawi was friendly by nature and she would say hello to anyone really as long as they didn't appear threatening to her.

"Hello" She called out lightly to the other unsure if he was going to answer her or not, but it didn't matter. It was his decision after all. Looking away from the stallion, she lowered herself onto the ground making sure she was careful she didn't hurt it even more. Once she was settled, she examined it more closely. There wasn't much wrong with it other then a small scratch and it was barely bleeding. This was a relief at least. Then her eyes drifted over to the stallion who was only getting closer and closer. He looked rather exotic. Then again she didn't really know what exotic was because she hadn't experienced enough to know for sure.

"Are you from around here?" She asked him from her little resting spot before rising to her feet. It was time to test out her leg and see if it felt a little bit better. There was always a chance right? She began to walk around in a small circle and gave a sigh. It was still sore and her limp was still there, so she was just going to have to deal with it. This moment made her remember the time when she hurt her leg when she was a foal. She slipped and fell on a rock chasing after her brother Nevin. The pain reminded her of it, but it wasn't necessarily the same. She smiled when the thought of her siblings entered her mind. She didn't get a chance to be around them much when she grew up and she couldn't wait to have that chance when she eventually went home.

"Don't mind me..I'm just taking a rest. Be careful in that marsh. I got caught in...something, but then again maybe the marsh had it out for me." She said to the stallion with a small smile. It soon faded away and she just looked into the distance with a stoic expression. She tried her best to remain reserved and emotionless. It was simply how she was and as her eyes focused on something in the distance, she began to slowly walk, well actually limp, her way towards what appeared to be the mountains. They were far. Very far away, but this didn't sway her.

As she limped, she cringed and stopped a few times. This was going to be harder then she thought.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 pm
His steps were becoming easier to take, and the mud was slowly receding from his long legs. While the color blended with his pelt and seemed to not change, the stallion could begrudgingly feel the air chill the clinging substance against his skin. A small detail, but enough of one to cause the male to go rigid in his motions. If there was one thing he did not enjoy, it was to be in a state lacking hygiene for longer than necessary. Whether it was the sensation or embarrassment of such uncleanliness that bothered the stallion was unknown. All the same, it was a factor that he always sought to correct. And this marsh was setting the perfect example of just how long it to unsettle his otherwise relaxed demeanor.

As he continued his escape from the mud, his ear pulled forward as the mare acknowledged his presence. At least there was no hint of tension or fear in her tone. "Good Evening to you." His own voice was courteous, though his eyes kept downcast to keep track of where he was walking. Despite his anticipation to reach solid ground, Nith was still just as weary of slipping in a deep and unseen hole. It was only when the mare lowered to the earth that he bothered peering directly at her, her pale form like a stray snowflake crossing his vision. But just as swiftly she was on her hooves again, and Nith was left baffled over the intention of her motion. Had she slipped? Although the point was moot now, as she tossed him a jolly question for converstation.

"...I...can not say that I am." The stallion furrowed his brow for just a second before letting it fade from his features. Who was he to judge the natives and their behaviors? Even if it did involve marching in a c...wait. "Is that a hobble to your gait?" At last he emerged from the thick water, taking a few heavy steps to shake the residue from his legs while remaining at a respectful distance from the other Soquili. That was definitely a limp...unless she was simply a less than gracious individual. "The marsh, is that were you received that?" Nith glanced over his shoulder, easily spying some of the roots that peeked out from the waters like a crocodile in waiting. No doubt those could easily snag against anyone crossing by.

"You had best to be getting that balmed and sealed, unless you are looking for furt...." He turned back to the other and froze. The dark scenery was already unsettling enough, but to see the other so hushed and far away made Nith's senses falter. For someone who seemed bubbling with youthful life just seconds ago, to this.... "Miss." The male stood his ground tensely, counting her steps. He'd heard tales, how unwise it was to wake those from a living sleep. If that was indeed what was happening before him. All the same he hovered nearby, ready to alter her path should she take more steps than were recommended.

"Miss."

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm
When the mare heard the other speak, she stopped her advances and looked back to the stallion. He was right. She shouldn't be doing much moving for the time being on a wounded leg. It would only make it worse. "You are right and to answer you...I'm not entirely sure I will be using something to heal my wound. Maybe I will rest it off, but I don't really know how to make anything medicinal and I didn't bring any bandages with me." She told him truthfully before looking around for a few moment until finally settling on the ground. She didn't mind a good rest and being injured wasn't too big of a deal for her either. Though this was her first time actually receiving a leg wound, she knew she would overcome it. After all, life was full of obstacles for you to get through.

Once settled, she turned her attention to the stallion nearby. He wasn't that close, but he wasn't that far either. "I know it's not any of my business nor do you have to say yes to my offer, but do you have any time to spare? I would love to have a long chat with someone. It's been a good while since I have had any contact with other Soquili. But as I said...it's entirely up to you." She said softly to him with her eyes falling on the injury on her leg.

She didn't fear the stallion nor did she really need to speak with him. She didn't force anything upon anyone. She learned that from her father and mother. Even though they tried not to socialize with others, they left the choice to speak up to the other individual. Sighing softly, she looked into the distance from where she traveled from. The thought of her family still lingering in her mind. Oh how much she missed them.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games