[PRP] Did you HEAR?! (Bifrost, Valena)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:46 am
User ImageThe pride rocked and reeled, trying to find a new equilibrium after the power change. Nothing was certain, and everyone tried to find their place. There was a fair amount of opportunistic behaviour, odd rumours and general mayhem. Bifrost loved it.

He was also incredibly busy. His song about the epic fight was more or less finished and his fellow bards had liked it when he sang it to them. He would have to make some modifications based on their suggestions, but he should be able to sing it at the next sending off or homecoming.

But right now he had other things on his mind. He was looking for one of the freeborn lionesses. He had managed to snap up the scoop of the year, and he was sure she'd be delighted by the gossip potential. And even better, he had talked to one of the Lawspeaker's and actually had facts to back up this scandalous story.

"Did you hear about Kazul," he hollered as soon as he was within hearing distance. He sincerely hoped that she hadn't. Bifrost liked being first with the latest, "What a way to go..."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 am
Annchen
I'm just going to assume she knows of him already. XD

Also, sorry for the delay QQ

User ImageValena did so love a bit of juicy gossip.

As Bifrost drew up to her, Valena's eyes widened and she let out a little squeal of joy. She loved to listen to gossip and speak of the scandals that seemed to often wrack the pride. There was quite a bit of juicy gossip these days, and sometimes it was difficult to keep it to herself.

"Bifrost! Oh, please do tell - you know how I love gossip. I've heard a few tidbits of my own, but I simply must hear what you have to say about Kazul. I believe she had what was coming to her, betraying a father's trust like that! Simply unbearable!"  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 am
pinchmonster
Works for me! And sorry about my own delay... I should be back on track now!

Bifrost wasn't mistaken when he figured Valena would like this. She loved gossip, especially when it concerned scandalous behaviour that came back to bite someone in the rear. And the former Warlord's family had certainly been a scandal magnet lately. He was almost sad to see them go... But he had faith in his fellow Stormborn. Someone else would soon step up and do something incredibly stupid, or scandalous, or both.

"What a gruesome fate, though," Bifrost interjected, "Dying in childbirth... I saw the den actually. Blood everywhere!"

Most of it had dried and just looked like dark stains, but it must have been impressive when it was fresh. He was a bit disappointed that he hadn't managed to see when they carried her away, but then it seemed no one had.

"Some say she threw herself from a cliff when she realised she wouldn't survive," he said. It wasn't a rumour he had heard from someone else, but it was perfectly plausible after all. And he was saying it right now, so it was the truth that 'some' said it. "Or it might have been the cubs that made her crack. They must have been stillborn, or it could be that she realised the new Warlord would never let them live. Ohhh... What if she killed them herself?!"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:16 pm
Annchen
Oh, I just found this. OH GOSH.

Oh, Bifrost knew exactly what to say to Valena to get her all a-tremble with excitement. Scandal, bloodshed, drama, suicide! What wasn't to be all a-twitter about? Her pride members never let her down, and neither did Bifrost with all his juicy gossip. He was her absolute favorite, and Valena was always sure to return the favor should she come across any delectable tidbits that circulated the pride.

She couldn't help the soft gasp that broke free from her, the delicate sound quickly muffled behind an equally delicate paw.

"You saw the den! Bifrost, my goodness! How horrid! Blood everywhere, how awful. I bet she did kill them herself. You know, in shame. Sleeping around the way she was, it only makes perfect sense. Probably smothered them, oh! I can hardly bear to think about it!!"

She shuddered in a most ladylike fashion, tsking softly under her breath.

"Smothered them and then killed herself." Valena leaned in to Bifrost. "Just terrible."  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 am
pinchmonster
She really makes the best/worst of Bifrost come out. I love it. (and I don't mind the long break, thanks for waking my Bifrost muse!)

"Terrible," Bifrost agreed, but his whole demeanor suggested that he was delighted. "Infanticide followed by suicide. I should really write a ballad about it. You know... to warn the good freeborn lionesses of the pride."

He managed to look as if he'd be doing the entire pride a big favor by lending his talent to such a worthy cause. A worthy, juicy, scandalous cause. Bifrost was unable to keep up his noble facial expression for more than a few heartbeats, and it was soon replaced by pure delight at the drama bomb Kazul had left in her wake.

"Tuomas confirmed it," he said to Valena, "Well, not the suicide part... but everyone knows he liked her, so of course he would say she died in childbirth even if she took her own life. He'd want to protect what was left of her reputation."

Bifrost had nearly convinced himself that this was what must have happened. In his mind he wasn't coming up with lies, he was just being creative with what little he knew. Sometimes he even forgot what parts of a rumor or story he'd heard from other people, and what parts he had planted himself.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm
Annchen
emotion_bigheart

"Oh, Bifrost, it would be a public service if you were to write a ballad about such a tragedy. You would be doing all of the well-bred lionesses - much like myself - a favor by doing something so noble."

Valena paused.

"I heard that Ru wasn't the father of the cubs, but it was a thrall and Kazul blamed it on Ru so as not to sully her own reputation. I heard," she slid a little closer to Bifrost, "that Ruzanski prefers the company of males."

She hadn't actually heard that. One of Valena's favorite pastimes was planting the seeds of rumors of her own creation, just to see how fast they spread.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:19 am
pinchmonster

"It would, wouldn't it," he said, and in his mind he had already started to compose his epic masterpiece. He had to make it catchy enough to stick, and he was trying to figure out if alliteration or rhyming would do the trick better when another thought entered his mind.

"Perhaps I shouldn't mention names," he said, stroking his chin thoughtfully, "Everyone would still know, of course. But it would seem more tasteful if I changed a few facts. What do you think?"

It would also mean he could exaggerate other parts as much as his black little heart desired. If someone claimed slander against the dead he could always play dumb and tell them it was a completely made up story. Artistic license made everything better.

His ears perked up at Valena's next claim. Most had assumed that the cubs were Ru's, but since Kazul wouldn't tell it could be anyone! Captain Ruzanski knocking up the Warlords daughter was scandalous, but he couldn't help wondering if there was an even more juicy option. Oh, he would have given his whiskers to see those cubs...

"Alas, we'll never know for sure about his preferences," he said, "I don't think anyone could complete the mission he was sent out on... A piece of the sky.. Really?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:54 am
Annchen

"Oh, Gods, yes. You wouldn't want to be seen as disrespectful, bandying about slanderous song. It wouldn't do! You might lose credibility, and Bifrost, that would simply be a shame! You must think of your own reputation, after all!"

She would have died to have seen those cubs, just to get a good look at them so that she could really theorize on who the father had been. It really was shameful, and certainly not becoming of someone belonging to the Warlord's family, to sleep around and have b*****d cubs - to Valena, of course. She would never cleave onto another save her husband (when the Gods graced her with one, of course, as she was a proper freeborn lady).

"Oh, goodness, yes, he'll never return," Valena replied sadly with a shake of her head. "I'm almost certain they'll al die out there in the rogue lands. It's sad, but shameful!"  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:17 am
pinchmonster

"I wonder what he was thinking," Bifrost said and shook his head. "Or what kind of n** he was on... Gods and sea monsters..."

It was fairly safe to ask these questions now, with Aesir out of the picture. Bifrost was far from respectful, but he didn't have a death wish. You simply did not question the ruling Warlords sanity openly. A moderate amount of mocking was usually okay, as long as the bard in question was careful about it. However, until he knew where Njal drew the line he'd have to stick to safer targets.

"I can't believe Ru actually got some followers," he mused, "Well, I suppose the thralls had nothing to lose. But reavers? Heh... If what you heard is true they might just be in it for a piece of Ruzanski."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:21 am
Annchen

"He probably knew his reign was soon coming to an end," Valena trilled softly, shaking her head as if to say, 'poor thing'. "Even still, well. Aesir did have a set of his own bastards. Those odd forest dwellers, you know. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that," Valena waved a paw. Why Ru had gotten punished, well. Valena wasn't certain she agreed with Aesir's methods. Njal was much more to her tastes.

"Oh, goodness, Bifrost," Valena did her best to look disapproving, but there was a twinkle in her eyes that made it clear she was actually highly amused by his comment. "A piece of Ruzanski. It wouldn't surprise me. Goodness," she repeated, tsking softly under her breath.

"Once you compose your song, do promise that you'll come sing it for me, hmm? I just know it'll be simply fantastic. You are such a skilled bard, after all, Bifrost."  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:26 am
pinchmonster

Bifrost grinned at the memory of that particular drama-bomb. The odd part was that they decided to live in the forest and not the main pride. People had probably gotten over it quicker if Aesir had just taken her in as a saltwife and raised all the cubs together.

"I wonder if they still lurk in the forest," he said, "But what reason would they have to stay now?"

But not even the thought of odd forest dwellers skulking around could distract him completely to the epic story he had already started to compose in his head. How much to change and how much to keep? The names had to change, obviously. The lioness... He could call her Slampa. Not subtle at all, but it'd probably score him some points with the reavers.

"You know I'll come to you first Valena," he said. "I trust you to tell me if it's any good."

He sometimes tested songs and stories on thralls, but it wasn't always obvious if they liked something or if they were just trying to kiss a**.

"I should be going," he said, eager to continue composing. He wasn't good company when he was occupied with new songs. "Don't die in bed!"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 am
Annchen
They're just awful I love it!!

Valena didn't bother stifling the giggle that burst free from her, feeling more than a little giddy that Bifrost would come to her first with his newly composed song. He was an honor that such an accomplished bard would seek her approval for a new song, and Valena was absolutely over the moon about it.

Waving a paw after Bifrost as he took his leave, Valena waited until he was out of sight before returning to her den. It had been a productive day so far!  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers