Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Shall We Dance? [ Ofelia + Tori ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 am
Ofelia had been thinking about people she knew on the Island, mostly after her horrific failures at being a leader on two missions, and so she found herself barefoot in the indoor training grounds. It wasn't like she was looking for anything, certainly not the bloodstains left from Sherry or any scenes from attacks from before, but it was clear she was searching for something. If Ofelia was more philosophical she could say she was searching for an answer, for herself, but she wasn't so mostly she was looking for one of the charms that had fallen from Rue.

Her weapon was in such a bad state, pieces falling everywhere, so maybe she could blame herself for failing everything on her weapon? No, that wouldn't be right. Ofelia kicked at the floor, her bare toes dragging along the surface, and she started to spin around after a moment. No more point in trying anything, right? Now all she wanted to do was move around, make noise, and pass out.

That was pretty much everything she'd been doing lately, screwing up and just acting like a failure. There wasn't anything really left out there for her, Melvin and others had her questioning...well, everything. Maybe it'd be best if she just. . . nah, whatever.

She'd think harder on it later, when she wasn't barefoot and spinning around the training fields.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:59 am
It had been a while since Tori had been out to the training fields and she had been a little surprised that Aklin hadn't been pestering her earlier than now to get her butt out there and practice. The lifer knew that for once he was enjoying her reading since she was telling him stories and information that he was finding interesting and learning new things that he didn't have to resort to twenty questions to learn things for once.

Jogging to the training fields as a small warm up to what ever Tori might do as right now she had no clue what she wanted to do and Aklin wasn't giving her any ideas as he just wanted her out here to practice but much later on he would pester his hunter to have a spar with someone as it would be good for the both of them.

Seeing no one that she knew outside as Tori sorta wanted to do some practicing with someone she knew since she didn't want to have them thing that she was a fool or something since she still sorta got nervous around people she didn't know and didn't want to feel like more a failure than she did when that horseman had gotten away. So she walked into the indoor training grounds to hopefully find someone that she did know.

Smiling when Tori had spotted Ofie when she had walked into the indoor training grounds and went over to where her friend was and watched for a second before saying anything. "So are you having fun, twirling around Ofie? Also how have you been?" Tori said wondering if the sunny was just twirling around or doing some sorta of dance.  

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm
The teen had been working out enough that she was getting nimble. It was perfect for a Sun hunter since they had to respond on a moment's notice but there was always that note that Ofelia was pretty flexible. She had long legs after all, long arms too, and the way she turned and spun gave her a chance to work on muscles that she'd left idle for a little too long. Come tomorrow she'd be sore and regretting her silly actions but for now it was easier to spin and have her head full of thoughts of nausea than anything else.

It was unknown how long she'd actually been going before she heard someone call her name - rather, her nickname - and she stopped and attempted to steady herself on her feet to try and see who it was. Everything was spinning before her eye and she swayed a bit when she tried to stay standing but eventually it settled as she shook her head to dismiss the extra bodies that poured in front. Who was...oh, it was Tori! Ofelia hadn't seen her in a very, very long time. Not since the dancing on the beach back when she was first promoted and it was odd how long ago that seemed. Had time on the Island really passed that quickly or was she just not that observant?

Either way she should talk, yes indeed. "Ah'm...well, dizzy right now but otherwise Ah've been good. How ya been Tori?" Ofelia was not about to go into the shitstorm that had been her life as of recently, not with someone she'd only met once while lighting fires on the beach. "It's really been a while, what's new in yer life?" Keeping the conversation off herself was an easy move to do and probably the smartest since she was still dizzy.

naggeela

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:39 am
Tori smiled a little more as it had been a long while since she had seen Ofie and she had wondered to what the teen had been up too but she had her nose in the books trying to keep busy with her research. But now was a good time to catch up even if she had less eventful things happen to her.

"That is good, things have been alright. I suppose they are better than before I came to the island," Tori answered as she thought briefly to her old life and how dull it was to now. Tori did have to think on that one for a second to make sure she got her thoughts all going the same direction. "It really has been. Nothing much really I have been doing a lot of reading for my research and reading to my weapon. I really didn't like not having Aklin around was so very hard but very glad that he is back. I should be training more but just so wrapped up reading," the lifer answered so admitting that she was a really big book worm with all the reading she has been doing but it one way that she relaxes when stressed out if she can.

"So what is new with your life?" Tori asked since she could have gone on more about her if Aklin hadn't poked her to being polite.

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:16 pm
"Ah'm glad ya got him back an' are havin' fun - Rue an' Ah are apparently not on speakin' terms anymore? S'kinda weird ta have the silence but nothin' really bad. She's more or less still there an' she does come out when we spar but otherwise silent as a grave." Ofelia was sometimes unnerved by just how quiet her weapon was but that was not something she'd share with anyone. They'd likely think poorly of her for wanting all the verbal abuse back so it was best just to keep her mouth entirely shut. "It was a bit unnervin' though ta not have shields an' stuff fer a bit. Ah ended up wanderin' an' gettin' lost in the haunted house." Part of that was true but she wasn't going to say exactly which part.

She pointed to her neck, at the massive scars there, and motioned for Tori to come closer. "See these? Ah got them from one'a the things in there. It tried ta tear mah throat out but Ah got lucky an' Melvin saved me." She'd been more thank lucky, the techs later told her it was a miracle she hadn't bled out before the life trainee got to her. "Have ya met him at all? Melvin, that is. He's sorta knew, been climbing the popularity ranks as'a late." The scars all over Ofelia's neck and shoulders looked horrible - it really was indeed a miracle anyone survived that, hunter or not.

naggeela

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 am
"Me too as it was a little strange without him there, Aww that is too bad maybe later on she will talk with you more as one never knows," Tori replied as she didn't know what she would do if Aklin wasn't talking with her, but she was ever so hopeful that Ofie's partner in time would talk more even tho Tori didn't know what type of relationship Ofie and her weapon had.

"That is too true about our shields well I'm glad that you made it back alive," Tori said when she had seen the scar on the teens neck as Tori had never been in a situation like that yet something she didn't want happening but part of her knew it could. "I would say that was really lucky but that is a good think to have," she said smiling just glad that Ofie was still alive. Really the only 'scars' that Tori had were her vine markings nothing like what Ofie had but she knew it would be only a matter of time.

"No I haven't met him at all, but then when I get stressed out or trying to keep my mind on other things I tend to shut myself in my room or a quiet place to read or do some research," Tori admitted a little sheepishly. Aklin snickered at his hunter. "Well maybe some time I will have to meet him," she added since she was a little curious but later on tho. "So are you doing some training?"

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:22 pm
Ofelia almost wanted to tell Tori that it was a waste for her to be optimistic about Rue and Ofelia's relationship. There was never one there that could be fixed or saved, no amount of talking or prep between the two that could result in a happy union. The redhead wasn't jealous of people having too much fun and enjoying their weapon partners. It just wasn't in her future to have a good time with Rue, not in her future at all. She instead of saying all of that she just smiled and nodded. It was so much easier to pretend that everything was going to be okay if it made someone else feel good. Was this what people called telling a white lie? Perhaps.

"Trainin'? No, not really, mostly jus' dancin'. Ah haven't had time ta work on bein' limber an' was feelin' stiff. It's a bit too meh outside ta go an' dance on the beaches so Ah came inta here. No one really is 'round at this - oh hey, didn't ya promise me ya'd show me more how ta dance?" Ofelia stopped her thinking and walked closer to Tori, her face all aglow with questions. She did remember there being some sort of promise but she couldn't recall just what it was. Something about dancing though, that was all.

naggeela

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Tori smiled back just kept on thinking that Ofelia and her weapon were on good terms with each other. So it was a good thing too as one never knows what Tori might have done or said or nothing since she thought that all weapons and there hunters got along in one way or another to make there bond stronger, but Ofie would still be Tori's friend.

"Well in a way dancing can be training since some forms of dancing are complicated and it always good to keep limber. Something that I forget to do especially when doing a lot of reading, research or both," Tori said with a little chuckle to herself mostly for all the reading she does. "You are correct about that," the lifer smiled more as it felt good to teach something that when she had been learning hated it. "We can even do it here too," she added as Tori started to unlace her boots and took them off. To Tori's thinking of not wanting to squish toes while in boots, bare feet were better. "So is there any specific type of dance that you want to learn?" Tori asked since she did know many different formal types of dances.

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 am
"Um....well, what kinda dance wouldja recommend? Ah know we sort'a did a waltz when we were playin' on the beach an' that was fun, but there are many more dances? Jus' how many different types are there?" Ofelia was clearly showing her lack of social education. She vaguely knew of dances based on what she saw others do and even then she didn't participate in that directly. Her jumping around and having fun on the beach was the closest she ever got to a rhythmic activity and Tori's time of dancing with her was the last time she attempted it.

She did know that dancing to a beat was important for training, it taught the person dancing the skill of correct timing, so perhaps something that had a beat? "Anythin' we can dance an' count ta would be good, Ah need to learn better timin'. Rue's a hand ta hand weapon so timin' is very important fer us if we wanna make it through okay."

naggeela

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 am
"Yes that is correct we did or at least something like it. I do think teaching you the formal way to waltz would be a good start," Tori answered and took a few seconds to think on that last question. "I know there is a lot of different dances but the ones that I was taught and drilled into my head are formal type but I have read there are more that aren't too formal," She added. "Right now lets do the waltz as its easy and we can liven it up by changing tempo and later on I can get a book on different types of dances and we can learn them together, that sound good by you?"

"And yes you will learn better timing as it would be for you and it would be good practice for myself so its a win for the both of us," Tori replied with a smile on her face as this was going to be fun. She also looked around to see what they could use for music but didn't see anything off the bat. Next time she would have to remedy that somehow. Tori knew the beats and would teach Ofie sorta the same way she had learned.

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am
"Well then, Ah'm gonna follow yer lead." The redhead looked around too as Tori did, wondering what she was searching for, but in the end she shrugged it off and went about her normal business of getting really, really close to the other girl. If she recalled anything about dancing it meant you had to be front and center with your partner. "Okay, so what happens next?"

The redhead was more than ready to get the dancing underway, she was feeling so idle and really wanted to get her mind off things.

naggeela

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 pm
"Alight, I will go slow for a while until you want to go faster," Tori replied and made a mental note to make sure next time to bring some kind of music that she could find. "Ok you put your right hand on my shoulder and hold my hand while I put my other hand on your waist," Tori answered. "Then I will step forward, putting my right leg between your legs, then I will take a step with my left leg forward and to the side, then I will closes right to left. In the next bar I will step backward to my left, and then you will turn to step forward on the right and do the opposite of me. Just follow my lead and don't worry about anything," Tori said as she started to lead calling out one, two three slide.

Rown
Sorry for taking so long, I got a little burned out, but I'm better now and I hope this isn't too confusing to ya. <3

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 am
Ofelia ended up stepping on Tori's foot several times, way more than she needed to in fact, and the redhead made no attempt at an apology as she tried to keep up and follow the instructions. Dancing was hard when it was something formal, at least that's how she felt, and maybe it would be better for the two of them just to jump around a fire again like animals. That style of dancing was a lot easier and Ofelia found herself preferring it at the moment. "Yeah no, this is a lot harder than Ah thought it would be. Are there like...any beginner stuffs?" Maybe Ofelia was giving up way sooner than she should have but she didn't want to keep smashing poor Tori's foot.

Perhaps this was why she avoided lots of things that required a partner - she was complete s**t at working with someone. Or maybe she just had a short attention span and couldn't grasp something if it didn't come out right on the first try.

naggeela
no worries! I'm super slow at the moment as well

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 am
Tori didn't mind at all about the stepping on the feet, she was glad that they weren't wearing any shoes. She was also glad that the teacher that she had wasn't here as oh boy would there be the yelling and smacking of legs and feet to make the correct movements. "Ah well sometime later on we can try and work on this one and it could help to break the dance up into pieces and work on the parts and then at the very end put them all together. But we can do that at another time. Let me think for a minute," Tori replied to Ofie.

Thinking hard she found one that might work since she had learned this one in parts herself. "This one might be good as its called the Foxtrot, this dance when taught in parts then when all learned danced all together. The first part is two steps to forward and one to the side for the man and two steps back then to the side for the female. Sound good to you and next time dancing with music does help a lot more than without it," she said as next time Tori was thinking of doing some drawings of the broken up dance steps might also help too along with the music. "Well we can always just dance like we did before as that was lots of fun too," Tori added as she wanted learning how to dance to be lot of fun.

Rown

naggeela

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces