Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Fun and Fancy Free (Taigi x Ilarion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:12 pm
User Image

Walking. Walking was fun, usually. But Taigi normally had company to walk with. Now she was alone, in the rouge lands, and not to return home until she found her constellation. She was keeping up with her normal pattern of sleeping in the day and waking in the evening, but she found herself getting up earlier and earlier now that she didn't have a nice den to sleep in. Her body craved the night for a sound sleep, but her soul ached for the stars. It was an odd inner battle.

For the time being, it was just about dusk. She decided to call it a day for walking and to rest and enjoy the stars as they came out, one by one. Perhaps looking up at them would help her discover what cluster she'd put on the den walls when she got home.

Taigi found a nice tree to cuddle up against as she laid down. It wasn't nearly as comfortable as her siblings were, but it would do. Purple eyes lifted to the skies as the sun set completely, letting her familiar friends come out to play.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm
SilverLutz

User Image

For the bachelors it had been a quiet day. They hadn't exchanged much banter and simply traveled enjoying each other's company. Ilarion wasn't sure why these days happened, but he tended to enjoy them. He couldn't think of anyone he wanted to travel with more unless it was a lady dog. The male passed a look to the wolf. It had gotten incredibly quiet and calm since the pups had grown and gone their own way. It was sort of sad to think that they'd probably never see them again.

That's how life went. "We need to get some more puppies. Either yours or mine; maybe both." He said it with a grin to lighten the mood.

The dark maned wolf slowly to a stop and gave Ilarion a long leer with his orange eye. "You say that after the mess the last ones got us into?" True those had been his pups. He did miss them. "I can't imagine having both sets would leave us sane." In truth Haruki could hardly believe his fling had let him take half the litter to begin with. A pair of bachelors were in interesting set of parents. He shook his head. "Maybe you've had too much sun my friend. Come laid down and get some sleep."

Ilarion snickered. "You had to admit they were a lively bunch. Maybe we should go back and ask her to have some more with you." He gave a wink as the wolf groaned. "Well it is getting late. A good nights sleep would help.... Hey what have we here?" The wild dog peered into the shadows tree. It looked like a lady dog to him.

"Whacha doing here cutie? Mind some company?"

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 am
Taigi closed her eyes and pressed her nose into her tail, trying to be her own source of warmth. It was tough, but the tree was actually a pretty good insulator and once she warmed it up with her body heat, it seemed to give it back. How thoughtful of it!

She was so intent on keeping herself company that she didn't notice the rather talkative approach of potential friends. It wasn't until one of the voices was directed at her that she realized someone else was in the area. Lifting her head warily, she glanced around to spot who had spoken. Purple eyes finally fell on a wild dog, and her tail gave a little wag. Company? Of course!

A curious sniff of her nose later, and she nodded. This spotted canine didn't seem to want to hurt her. "Not at all. I was trying to pretend the tree was someone to rest with," she admitted with a weak laugh. "This is my first time away from home and it's a bit unsettling when you're lonely. Oh!" She sat up as she caught wind and sight of another creature. Smaller than her but not by much, the other canine had a funny mane running down the back of his neck. That was so interesting!

"I'm Taigi," she said with a small smile, looking back at the wild dog as it wasn't polite to stare.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 pm
SilverLutz

Ilarion gave the female his best rogue-ish come-hither grin. "I can guarentee I would be much better company than the tree. Not saying its bad of course, I'm just better." He gave a wink to her. "And Haruki tends to make a good space heater. It'd be our pleasure to keep you company this night."

Good naturedly Ilarion crawled under the tree and settled himself close, but not touching the female. "Come Haruki let's keep the lady warm." He gave her another wink. "Ah running away from home, or just exploring?" His ears were perked up with interest. He could give lots of good advice as a rogue.

Trust Ilarion to notice the female right off. Haruki rolled his eyes at the male. Blatent flirting too! He was about to step on the WD's paw when Ilarion went under the tree. The maned wolf heaved a sigh and shook his head. Some dogs! "Greetings Taigi. I'm Haruki'Ryuu and that mutt beside you is Ilarion." He gave an off center grin and moved in to settle on her other side. The area quickly warming up now.  

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 am
Taigi mistook the flirting for friendliness as she had never encountered something like this before. The only other wild dogs she knew were her siblings and her parents, and maybe one or two other pack members. She and her siblings would mostly stick together. Learning about the other members of the pack would be something to do when she got home.

"Thank you," she said as the two males settled down beside her, warming the area almost immediately. She had to stifle the urge to snuggle up between them a bit. They weren't her brothers, after all. Her father had warned her about strange animals that might want to hurt her, but these two seemed genuine in their motives.

"More exploring than running away," Taigi said with a smile as she looked back at the large male. "It's part of becoming an adult in my pack. We have to find our constellation in the stars...it may take a while to do, because I have to find one that is new, never discovered, and represent me in some way." She gave a little sigh and rested her head on her crossed paws. "I'm afraid it'll take forever and I won't be able to go home."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:38 pm
SilverLutz

Ilarion looked smug as he got to settle in right beside her. True his companion was on her other side, but wrong specie there. "You are most welcome my dear. Always love helping a beautiful lady in need." He gave a grin. Then she started explaining what she was doing out here. That was, unusual.

"I'm glad you didn't have to run away, but forgive me if that seems a bit extreme to me. What happens should you not find it? For that matter why not stay with your pack to find it?" There was lots of dangers out in the rogue lands for untried adol animals. He didn't quite get the star thing either. "What's so important with this star-whachamacallit?"

Haruki nestled down beside the lady and turned his head to listen to the wild dogs speak. He was interested in what she called constellations. "I am curious. How do you know when you have found it?"  

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm
Taigi laughed softly at Ilarion's kind words and placed her paw over his. "You're so nice," she said with a smile. With females flirting usually went one of two ways: they became bashful and shy or they rejected the advances as soon as they were dished out. Taigi, however, lost the slightly suggestive tone and just took it as a compliment.

"Oh, everyone finds theirs," she said with a nod, her tail wagging a bit. "You just stay out here until you do! It doesn't take too long for most, sometimes just ten evenings. It's kind of a rite of passage...becoming an adult if you will. Once you can survive on your own for a few days, you'll be considered fully grown."

She gazed up at the night sky and pointed out a well-known constellation to her pack. "You see? The stars make shapes if you connect the dots. If you look there, at that bright star, and travel down, you'll see another square cluster. It looks like a dog with a long tail, right? That's a constellation. And I've got to find one that is mine. One that represents me."

She glanced to her side at Haruki and smiled just a bit. "I'm not sure. I'll just know, I suppose. I'd really like to find a bird of some kind, or a hare. I love little creatures like that. They're so sweet."

magnadearel
Sorry about the delay! Work is killing me lately.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 pm
SilverLutz
Now its my turn to apologize! XD

"It's only polite of a gentleman to sweet talk a lady. Flattery is better than scorn." He gave a big grin as her paw touched his. It was going to prove a lively night at least. "Oh well then I guess that's not too bad. Important to prove yourself and all that." Then he was distracted by the attention she call to the stars.

"Wait wait. I don't see it." He looked closely at the night sky, mumbling. "Bright star bright star. Maybe that one. Follow it down to a cluster? Cluster? Oh what's a cluster of stars? That three or a whole bunch?" He was clearly confused and not use to look at stars as shapes. "No I fear I don't see it. What about you Haruki?"

The maned wolf was doing his best not to laugh. "Don't hurt yourself old boy. It's a general shape. I can kind of see it." Haruki nodded as she answered him. "That they are. A sweet star group for a sweet girl? That shouldn't be too hard to find."  

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:41 am
Taigi fluffed herself up a bit as she snuggled down a bit more into the little bed the three of them had made. This was great! It was like being at home again, only with new friends. She laughed softly once more as Ilarion tried to see the constellation but failed miserably. "Don't worry! I couldn't see them at first either."

She glanced to her other side as Haruki spoke, nudging his shoulder with her paw. "Good! Good! You could join our pack! I bet you're really a natural at it," she said with an enthusiastic nod. "Look, Ilarion...like this."

She reached out with her paw to draw a small stretch of sky with her paw. It was mostly just dots, but after finishing with that, she drew a line connecting a few of the dots she had described together. The image that appeared when she pulled her paw away was the outline of a canine creature, the tail much longer than normal. "You see? We say the tail is so long because he's the one that sweeps all the stars away when the sun starts to rise. The brightest one that makes his eye is always the last one to leave the sky and the first one to appear at night."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 pm
SilverLutz
Want to wrap up?

Ilarion couldn't decide if he was sad that he couldn't see it, or happy that he'd made her laugh. A laughing lady was certainly worth his feelings. The male dog gave a grin, until he heard what she said to his partner. Oh that mangy scoundrel! He leaned back 'til he could look over his back at Haruki and stuck his tongue out. That'd show him.

He turned his attention back to her just as she started pointing out stars and connecting them. Ilarion tried. He really did. For the first couple dots he had it then suddenly lost it as he tried to focus on some others. "Ah.... oh shoot I lost it again. Well maybe I can't see it, but the story is nice." He gave a smile.

Haruki barely held back a snigger at the tongue stuck out in his direction. He got a mischievious look. "Thank you kindly lady, but I fear if Ilarion couldn't join then I couldn't leave him out here on his own." Ilarion was going to get him back somehow, but the jab at the wild dog was too good to pass up.  

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:12 am
Taigi laughed once more as her companions playfully bickered back and forth. She shook her head with a smile to le him know it was all right. "Maybe you'll see it someday, but there's nothing wrong if you can't."

She let out a wise yawn and rested her head on her paws after that. "Goodness...I'm usually up through the night but traveling through the day isn't allowing me to do so. I'm so sorry but I feel like I'm going to fall asleep on you." Taigi yawned once more, licking her muzzle as she flopped to her side. Ilarion and Haruki made such nice batting buddies that it reminded her of home.

"If you must go I will have to bi you farewell. But you are welcome to stay the night! You both make me feel like I never left home." She was glad to know there were friends outside of her pack. Maybe she would journey out again to find her new friends once she grew up a bit more.

magnadearel
Sure! Last post from me.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces