User Image
Kania stared daggers at the small creature now placed in her care, pacing back and forth in front of it. She could just eat it, that was a definite option. But then again, Dania would have something to say about it. Her sister, so sweet... NOTHING like this feathered ball.
She paused and stared, tail flicking in the dirt as she asked, "So, are we going to behave today, or did you want Round 2?" She expected that with how much fighting the two had already done, she would be tuckered out.
Tapiwa always had a way of surprising her, however.

With feathers ruffled, Tapiwa glared at her 'captor'. She let out a shriek and turned her back on the larger female, a resounding 'huff' following. She wouldn't dignify the giant oaf with a response any more than Kania would actually eat her, and she knew with all the threats, Kania wouldn't harm a feather on her, afraid of what her precious Dania would think of the action and immediately regretting it.
User Image
The lioness growled and swatted at the chick's head, making very sure that she kept her little claws tucked safely away for fear of actually hurting the ugly little thing, "That's not the answer I'm looking for, ya buzzard." She made no attempt to turn the bird around by force. Heck, she'd like nothing more for it to take a hike, but she was stuck with it. It looked like a bright blue poisonous plant, and Kania had no doubt that she might actually BE one under all the feathers.

Bad decision. No sooner had the brown cub smacked her, Tapiwa turned and flew at Kania, screeching the whole way a war cry towards the large, dumb lion. She was going to show this cub who was in charge, and it most certainly was going to be HER and only HER. Let her talons be a lesson to the great furry beast that this lioness child was!

Kania had, of course, expected this much. She could always get Tapiwa riled up, and that's just what she'd intended. She quickly grabbed the bird and squashed her onto her shoulder, giving her a soft pat on the head, "Why don't you just sit there. At least now when I talk, I can see your expression." She had to admit, she liked the fiery attitude the bird seemed to have, and maybe it would do her some good to have the feisty creature around in the future, but first things first. Communication.

Unsure of what just happened, Tapiwa sat dumbfounded, her eyes wide as she watched Kania. Did she just.... PERCH me? In the middle of a fight?! Tapiwa wasn't sure WHAT to think. This cub was weird, no doubt about it. But... it made her interesting. She puffed up her feathers and climbed to sit on Kania's head. Hey, if she was going to be stuck riding her like a pelt all day long, it was going to be the highest point.

Kania chuckled lightly, tail swaying as she walked towards the closest source of water that she was aware of, bobbing her head a little roughly but she was proving a point. She certainly wasn't old enough to see beyond a few seconds ahead. "Do you want to make a deal, or not?"

The mention of a deal had Tapiwa cautious. So she was going to kill her if she didn't listen, was that it? Her feathers were ruffled beyond the point of a normal restoration, and she looked like a well-worn accessory atop the cubs' head, but she didn't care. Slimming her eyes, she suddenly hopped from the top of the girl's head, trusting her to stop in time as she stared her down, listening to the idea she'd had but not affirming whether or not she would abide it.

Kania pulled up sharply, nearly tripping over the small bird as she fumbled to a stop, and she sighed. "You're not too fond of me, I know." She spoke aloud, not giving Tapiwa the chance to respond before she continued, "And you sure as heck know I don't like you."
Tapiwa opened her mouth to let out a defiant, testy sound, but Kania held up a paw.
"HOWEVER, I do like my sister. And you like my sister, don't you?"

Despite the gentle voice of Kania, she knew this was a test, so she thought it over carefully. The other identical cub had been quieter, much nicer... yes, she could see liking her, so she nodded her head slowly at the lioness, making sure she picked up on it.

"Then what if we play getting along, at least in her presence?" Se questioned, though she was wary of the bird's response. Neither of them really had anything to gain from the union between them as friends, but maybe Dania could be a mutual friend they both could share and keep things peaceful for, if no one else, at least her sake.

Tapiwa watched her, taking in everything the lioness had to offer, and considered her options. If she chose to 'stick this out' as Kania had gently put it, there might be something to gain in the long run. They could at least watch out for one another, and Kania was certainly a creature to reckon with. She's be a pretty scary adult, and Tapiwa saw potential. Finally, when it seemed Kania would finally lose her patience, Tapiwa nodded her assent.

Kania perked up, getting ready to grab Tapiwa before she thought better of it and instead offered her a paw to climb up on, "All this fighting has me hungry, how about you? Should we dig something up?"

Tapiwa chirped prettily and climbed the length of Kania's arm, settling herself gently between the lioness' shoulder blades and preening, ridding herself of the kinks from their earlier battle. As they set off in whatever direction Kania was taking them, Tapiwa noticed a bit of dirt in the lioness' tiny tuft atop her head and picked it out, as gently as possible, tossing it to the side carelessly before she'd realized what she'd done. Maybe this would work out after all.

[Word Count: 1,035]