Log between Pinchmonster and I:

Jhiqui
Jhiqui felt restless. She loved her life, loved the things around her - and more importantly, loved herself - and yet, just as the waves crashed against her feet, tugging grains of sand back into its depths, there was something pulling at her. Something she didn't understand, couldn't comprehend. And so, as any beautiful and fine daughter would do, Jhiqui sought her mother.

Perhaps Katerina would have answers to the questions that troubled her. Answers that might ease her mind, help her feel a satisfaction that she knew she deserved, but one that she could not find no matter how hard she searched.

"Mother?"

She hoped Kat was home. There were pressing matters at hand.

Aquaria
If Aquaria had known Jhiqui was looking for mother, she probably would have felt bad about being the only one in the den at the moment. She heard her sisters voice, and she smiled, raising her head from what she was investing her time in. Tonight, she was making jewelry from bits of shells she had found earlier that day.

"Jhiqui!" Aquaria chirped happily as she stood from her tasks. She had been putting a lot of time in her craft today, she supposed it was okay to take just a bit of a break. Especially to converse with her sister.

"Mother is out, but I'm here. I'm just as good, right?" She asked with a grin.

Jhiqui
Jhiqui's face fell. She adored her sister, all of them, actually - but she needed advice from her mother. Then again, Aquaria was sweet and did not seem to be the sort to quickly pass judgement. Then again, Jhiqui needed to hear the truth, and she wasn't sure that her sister could give it to her.

"Sister," Jhiqui began softly, smoothly seating herself before wrapping her tail about her forepaws. The beads that wound sinuously through her hair tinkled gently as she tilted her head.

"I would be happy to discuss my issues with you, sister, but only if I am not a bother."

Her tone made it clear that she was never a bother - worth every minute - and that her sister was probably in for quite the treat in offering her ear.

Aquaria
If there was one thing Aquaria was, it was understanding. She hadn't inherited her mother's temper. She was likely too sweet for her own good, but she knew how to hold her own. If she was ever stranded out in the mainlands, she would know how to survive.

Aquaria cocked her head, noticing something seemed to be up with her younger sister. She sat too, following her lead. Then she scoffed and rolled her eyes, letting a small smile escape her maw.

"You are never a bother, sister. What troubles you?" She asked, and concern was there in her eyes. She wasn't sure what was up, but she was confident she could give advice as good as mothers.. Or at least, something somewhere relatively in the same ball park.

Jhiqui
"I feel as if I'm missing something in my life, sister. I do not know what it could be - as I have all of the pretty stones, gems, and pearls that I could possibly want." Jhiqui's tail lifted and dropped with a soft noise, the white tuft of her tail fur luxuriously twining around her paws. She took great pride in her mane and tail - they were treated to special grooming at least twice a day. Some might say that Jhiqui had her head in the clouds, but as far as the lioness was concerned, she had her priorities in perfect order.

"Have you ever felt that way, sister?"

Aquaria
She couldn't say she ever felt like something was missing. She had been a bit curious as to her father the older she got. But otherwise, she felt like life was where it should be.

"What do you feel is missing? Love? Family?" She was curious as to what could cause her sister's dismay, and she hoped that she could offer the advice she was looking for.

"I've felt sad sometimes. Is that the same feeling?" She asked, looking at her sister genuinely. Maybe she was a little naive, but she was genuine.

Jhiqui
When Aquaria spoke of love and family, Jhiqui's brows fell slightly. Love, family? They had hardly been in her thoughts. Did that make her selfish? She was going to say something along the lines of a diehard admirer, one who would go to all ends of the earth just to obtain any sort of trinket or meet any demand that she made.

She deserved it, after all. Was she not beautiful? She was not cut out for being a mother. Perhaps, then, she was selfish, but she could hardly be blamed. The problem was, she didn't want her sister to think ill of her, so Jhiqui merely nodded.

"Yes. All of these things."

Except not.

"Why do you feel sad, sister?"

Aquaria
Aquaria would have been able to handle the truth, but she took her sister at her word. She shrugged and looked at her curiously. She was silent for a moment, unsure of what to say. Though she supposed she could just be supportive. That was one way to do it right?

"You are adored by your family, I'm sorry if you feel something missing there." She felt it was a tragedy, that Jhiqui felt that way. She had to make things right, because she was sure she was the one who had caused an issue, even though she wasnt sure just why.

Aquaria knew she couldn't say much about her attachment to the male. He was going to be a Stormborn, he had told her, and yet she thought of no one but him. She couldn't tell Jhi. She apparently had her own secrets, and she wasn't as innocent as she made believe.

Jhiqui
"It isn't that I feel as if I'm missing my family's love," Jhiqui gently chided her sister. No, she knew her mother and sisters loved her. There was never a doubt in her mind that they did.

"I only wish that.. I don't know. I wish for a grand romance, I suppose - though not really a romance as I yearn for adoration from afar."

There, she'd said it. Would it make sense to her sister? Jhiqui couldn't say.

"I want to be pampered, Aquaria. Treated like a princess. Is that so terribly selfish of me? It likely is, but I cannot help the way I feel."

Aquaria
She chuckled at her sister and nodded. Yes she supposed it was pretty obvious she was loved. All of the pride loved each other, and they rarely had issues with each other. And if they did, it was easily sorted out.

"A grand romance? Like.. A mate? Or some grand fling?" She asked. From her understanding there was both when it came to romance. Mates weren't really allowed, but she had always thought of maybe taking a consort to claim as he rown.

"No, that's not selfish. Though not all of life is about vanity, Jhiqui. But we can't help that we were born to an extremely beautiful mother." She added, winking a little.

Jhiqui
Jhiqui let out a gentle, tinkling laugh, the pearls in her hair shifting slightly as she threw back her head in mirth. "Yes, we are lucky to have such a beautiful mother, of that there is little doubt."

Her laughter dwindled slightly though her smile remained.

"I am a selfish lioness, sister," Jhiqui purred quietly, "and I want many grand romances. I want to be spoiled and tended to." She let out a thoughtful hum.

"I am not one to mate with any single male. Love is a silly, fickle thing, sister. It is not for us. We are not afforded the luxury."

Aquaria
She smiled when her sister laughed. She loved hearing any of her sisters laugh, even the ones that weren't of her own blood. Since the event that had wiped out their numbers, Aquaria had noticed others trying to bring the pride numbers back. She had been thinking of doing her part, herself. She wasn't sure what cubs did to the body.. But she didn't particularly care.

"Jhiqui I have no doubt that you will get those romances you so long for." She still didn't share that she might have found the one grand romance that was actually of any value. She had shared her idea of love, and Aquaria couldn't say she was wrong.

"Come now sister. Let's do some hunting, and maybe a little teamwork will make you feel better, and less selfish." She said with a wink, before heading out into the jungle that surrounded their pretty island.