Kohaku:
They walked for what seemed like hours but it was only per the silence that was between them. He could be mute for so long, the same as holding a grudge and when he took another sure step, the next one would be unsure. Ears flew in the air and the sound of something.. Which then the massive lion lowered to the ground... It didn't quite help but, it gave him the appearance of a large rock. For the moment. Swiveled ears yet again and put out his arm for her to stop. Concentrating on the sound he was able to detect where the creature was.. Not yards from their location.

For being a huge beast, his stealth- failed to the scenery as well as his size made him move slower to try to keep himself from being completely detected. Even if Rime could have done it- he had hunted for so long that he too when the odds were against him could take down prey.His tail wrapped around his legs... Feeling like giving up right then and there. But as he got close, and the time slipped by them. Where he was going to pounce, as soon as he pushed his body up. The terrorizing sound of a bone snapping came as soon as he pushed up from his position causing the massive lion to fall straight to his side. The gazelle's ears shot up and it fled almost immediately after the sound errupted.

Along with, the birds scattered out of the trees.. A snarl was craught up in his throat and subsided due to not causing any more prey animals to alarm.. But his fall could have already done that. He didn't want to admit but his leg had probably suffered from the weakness and finally gave up.. And he laid there... Wishing his death as the pain of being fully awake during the break concealed itself.. He wanted to roar- so loudly... but he resorted in a hissing sound. Not that HE himself was weak, but the wounds suffered- had taken quite the toll on him.

He looked- not desperate but foremost, he tried to push himself up and only tripped upon himself once again before not getting up. It could count his curses now, as he did his best to try and push out of the way and in the cover of the bushes. He TRIED to move it but the feeling was so great that he continued to hiss and ultimately looked away from the wound and laid there. Contemplating what he could do now... "GO." He announced, not facing anything except the tree.

Auslief / Rime:
Auslief had gone silent, watching Kohaku take over. She should have said something. He was in no condition to be hunting, he should just be coming along because they needed to stick together. But no, she was much too annoyed to really think about hunting or even the poor injure lion that was her current companion.
He was a headstrong male, why should she have to take care of him anyway?

It wasn't until she heard the snapping sound and the thud that her thoughts realigned and she realized her significant error in judgement. Her head whipped around, her focus completely disregarding the fleeing gazelle as she stared at Kohaku lying on his side and growling in pain. Whatever happened, it sounded bad...

She rose from her own crouch and approached him slowly, softly saying his name and making other soft noises like her mother used to make whenever she or her brothers hurt themselves as cubs. She wasn't sure if it would help, but at the least it should keep him from lashing out at her, right?
Okay, maybe not, she decided when he yelled at her to go. Go? Go where? Home? Leave him? Yeah, right.
"If you think I'm just going to leave you here to rot, one of those hyenas must have knocked you in the head harder than I thought," she replied when she was close, her voice still soft and attempting to be soothing. But she didn't want to sound too nice, not at all.
"Besides, I'm not tall enough to reach my bag and it's not a tree I can climb." So it was a lie, really, but she was hoping it might take his mind off of the pain, if only for a second. She walked around him so that she could get a closer look at his leg. It wasn't bending in a wrong angle and there wasn't any places where a bone was sticking out or looked like it was completely broken. Maybe it was just cracked. That would hurt, right?

Auslief settled down next to him, out of striking distance but close enough, her eyes trained on Kohaku.
"Don't put any weight on it. Just stay there and... try to think of something else, I guess." She wished she knew more, maybe some plant or something that could take his pain away, but that wasn't her place. She wasn't the healer on her father's crew, she honestly had no idea what she was doing. But if his pain started to go away, that would be a good sign, wouldn't it?

Kohaku:
It wasn't a healthy sign. Not that type of snap he heard.. But maybe with all the stress he could be mistaken. Thankfully he had only broke his leg once before. This wasn't AS great a pain, maybe it wasn't broken. No, this was something that could be managed.. Those thoughts, would come in due time. For now, he DID think of the pain, it was foremost because of all the other aches and pains he was enduring throughout this time. Where sweat and grime was involved, probably most of his wounds were infected. But the nice 'shower' eased at least some of the pain that had come prior to this incident. When she came up next time him, in this bad of pain, yes he would have completely went off on her. Which he was about to- til she got the quicker end of the stick and spoke before him.

Which got him to grumble and quiet down as he lowered his head to the ground, shutting his eyes and having her guide his mind elsewhere. Where ELSE would it go? If not pain then? A snarl came out- the most recent event.. Rime. Snuggling. He tried again, and it ended up falling right back to Rime once more which made him mildly roar in the opposite direction before lowering his head again. At least THAT took off some stress. So he thought. Not being able to look at her, from what he saw she was used to being tough and around tough guys. HE TOO trained ALL his life, everything about him was a tough strict training and to be this weak? The war along with the constant fighting til this point made him feel useless.

As if NON of his accomplishments ever happened. Now, in front of this girl whom reminded him more like his mother- he was made weak in front of. His mother would say to get up- even still with being hurt. THATS how this ran, so with the voice of his mother in the back of his head, he DID try once more then fell again. This time giving up and ceasing to move again. Taking in all her words, and believing in them. Yes. She was too short to get to the bag.. But even still, it was humiliating. "Yea like dying." He grumbled and finally looked at her. Those pained yet prideful eyes starring at her.. Luci was being pushed further and further in the back of his mind now.. for now.

Auslief / Rime:
Auslief bared her teeth and jumped up when he growled and roared at her. She wasn't going to take this! No! She didn't have to stay here and help him. What had he done for her but cause her problems? And act like a total a** to her.
Only... he hadn't. Not really. There were a couple of times. But playing in the lake, hearing him laugh... It had been nice. Dammit.

When he tried to stand, she had half a mind to smack him. But he quickly fell and in truth she didn't need to be giving him more pain to deal with. She sighed and stood, moving around again so that she was at his back.
"You're not dying," she said and settled down again, this time cuddled up against his back. If she had tried from her other position, she might have hurt his leg more. Her face pressed against his neck.

"You just push yourself too much. What is it with males, can't you tell when your body needs a break?" The words were kind of harsh, but the tone was anything but. She was still trying to soothe him, though she honestly had no clue why.

Kohaku:
She was speaking again, and he looked away when she did. Hearing her words- he was trying to pull them as importance and want to isolate just them. Not the pain, so he held off for a bit.. Quiet again. "Death is better than worthless." He ached to say it. To not get up, was to fail. The honor of his family, the shame it would cause if he died here and now. That thought kept him quite alive though his spirits were below the ground. He hadn't realzied she moved tl he felt her press against his neck. Thus, he tried to 'look' at her, failed and kept looking out in to the opening.. "My body does not need a break- it has rested last night had it not? Its weak- and I no longer wish to believe in it if it is failing me now." His chest inhaled and grew large before slowly letting go of the trapped breath. It was deep and made him feel SLIGHTLY better. Which hadn't been too much at this point.

"I will never get there at this rate and .." The thought fell short as he soaked in the little attention the female gave him. He hadn't let anyone- ever touch him this way except for family.. He couldn't recall the tender touch like this for quite some time. It felt.. nice. Like last night had, and the lake.. those memories were coming back in to his head like a flood and he sighed once more before ultimately feeling better than he could ever in the condition he was in. Slitting his eyes and hoping.. for.. He didn't even know what. "I know you must be hungry." He announced after a long long silence had fallen over them. "I don't think I can stand.. but I can go another day without til I can get up. At least.. try to get something to eat." Two days now? It has been since she ate.. Why did he care anyways? The answer, was within himself... the Kohaku from long before the war was slowly emerging and his care for everyone's safety was oh so important to him.

Right now. Only she was important..

Auslief / Rime:
"Well, if that's what you think, then I might as well just leave you here to rot after all," Auslief replied, her soft tone never changing. He was being stupid. Gods, why were males so stupid? Barth and the rest of her brothers and her father were all so damnably arrogant it made her want to bang her head against a rock. The only males she knew who didn't have that crippling fault seemed to be her uncle Kook and dear sweet Dou. And, frankly, both males were subdued and gentle giants. Maybe that's what it was. Take a big male and give him the softest heart in the world and there's not a single arrogant bone in his body.

"After what you went through, a single night's rest is not enough. This is what happens when you push yourself too hard. Gods, I just don't know what to do with you." And yet she couldn't help but snuggle even closer, even nuzzling her face a bit against his neck. she had no idea what was coming over her, but she wanted to do anything she could to get his mind off his injuries and the bout of depression he seemed to be sinking into.

"I'm not hungry, not right now anyways. Getting angry at Bart and now this kinda ruined any appetite I might have had." She had no idea how Kohaku perceived the relationship between her and the golden male, she didn't realize it might be a bad idea to bring him up.

Kohaku:
Heh, if she had left him to rot maybe his pride wouldn't have been torn to shreds. Not this badly, it was because he had his mother high of a fighter than his father. So, to his eyes- he had to be just as strong and if not stronger. How stupid he was and he was slowly creeping over his thoughts. That selfishness to stay in strong. Though, her words after were very true. His father was able to know his own body- but the flaw came from his mother. Which she voiced in the back of his mind how he needed to get up.. Don't fall to your death..

She hadn't eaten now in two days.. What mess had he gotten her in to. On the other hand, this was proving to set back towards his plans. While hearing her voice- the name Bart came in to the conversation and like wildfire- it started from his chest to her paws. "Ruined-... you mean lept for joy. That look doesn't come from the word 'ruined'." Another emotional step backwards as he growled in an undertone. Jealousy..He had known the feeling before all too well.

"Why not go with him if you love him so. Prove your worth through him then." Like his mother had to be. Be the better woman for his mate..

Auslief / Rime:
She frowned, though she didn't move just yet. Something in her didn't want to.
"What are you-" But she didn't get to finish because he spoke again.
"You're not suggesting... What... Good gods!" Finally Auslief sat up, the look on her face disgusted.

"You think I- And he- Bloody hell! Is that all you males think about? That b*****d son of a mermaid? Gods, no, he's as bad as my half-brothers an' has treated me just like they do for 's long as I can remember. Ugh!" She groaned and took a step away, rubbing her paw at her eyes as if an image there needed to be scrubbed out. Sure, Barth was touchy, but that didn't mean anything! He was always cuddly with her, ever since she was a cub. Her mom and dad did the same thing and so did Dou. Dou was like another uncle to her, Barth just one more big brother to be teased and tricked and pampered by. He helped her learn to be a good pirate, just like her papa and Levi and even Mini, though she'd be loathe to admit it. The thought that he might fancy her... it was just a little bit sickening.

"Didn't you ever tell your sisters you loved them?"

Kohaku:
He tried to move on his back and that almost failed til it finally did happen. He was about to push her away again emotionally and tell her how grand it was to find someone.. But he deep down questioned that, and he hadn't yet understood that doubt. Not yet. "Think about someone to settle with. No not all." He gruffed and how she was displaying her idgust. He made a sigh of relief. Not like it was intentional.

Again, her display was confusing yet amusing for him.. So he watched and tried not to say another word and left his arm out as to not move it too much. When she asked him about 'love' he looked up.. Beginning to flood the memories of his family back in. Hard at first, but it slowly came to him and he closed his eyes. "We are born to a pride of fighters- defenders. My mother taught us all to be strong.. but touching overly was not something we did. A headbutt here and there maybe.. A tackle.. a spar.." Utsuki was ever really the one whom had teh most affection.. "Saying we loved each other- that ... was rare. More like 'Better luck next time' or 'Be safe'.."

Yep. Fighters alright..
Then he looked to her, eyes wise since he couldn't really move too well. "It isn't something we generally say. Its odd. Mother and father never said it neither." Little did he know, Nyack was always showing the affection and love.. undying love and when he died- srely Gin would have followed suit to avenge him. THAT was love- saying it was unnessessary. Actions were louder than words after all. "But you seem to say it so freely." Then looking up in to the sky, the sun was not yet in the middle fo the sky yet. He thought hunting- but that was out of the question now. "We need to find another shelter." If they did plan on sticking to each other.

Auslief / Rime:
"And I grew up among scoundrels and thieves," Auslief snapped back, this time not censuring her past from him. Why she would have ever wanted to was beyond her. He already knew she was a thief, stealing whatever treasure happened to catch her eye, and that she was no stranger to killing other predators. She'd never clawed anyone in the back or killed an innocent before, but that didn't change that she wasn't as pure as her coat would have someone believe. So why try to hide any of that from him?
She tried to tell herself it was just because she just didn't want to share.

"And I don't say it, he does. He does it to tease me 'cause he knows I try so hard not to be like any other wen- female. My mother and father say it all the time when only family's around," she finally said, calming down just a little bit. She hated others jumping to conclusions so much. Why couldn't they just wait for the truth to come out, if it was going to? Assuming, well, it only made an a** out of you.

"Aye, we will, but you're not going anywhere right now. We're in the shade, that's good enough for the moment."

Kohaku:
"We don't bother with thieves and ... the what?" He hadn't ever heard taht word.. from comppletely angry and depressed- he was slowly crawling out of that. Thanks to her, she had kept his mind at ease with talking but never the less his arm was pounding. It hurt, but now, not as bad with the weight off of it. He was beginning to enjoy himself again.. Taking a moment to relax.

"Day time isn't what I was worried about.. It is when night falls that trouble stirs up the worst in company." He tried to explain. Moving on to the next subject, he looked at the sky again. "Doing nothing is hard... I have never NOT busy... All the time.. even with you. I find myself... lost." Like most eveterans- you learn so much what war is like and becoming a civilian.. The culture shock was getting to him. "I want to move- can't..Still for too long will drive my crazy.." Putting the other free uninjured paw against his forehead.. Trying to figure out HOW to cope.

Other than plainly using her and her conversations. Physically all his bodies were aching to move around but this stationary position.... It will only take so long before he'd push himself to move again..

Auslief / Rime:
"Well, you associate with me, and I tried stealing from you first I saw you, so what does that say?" she asked, tilting her head to one side in an almost teasing manner. Somehow Kohaku was managing to roll her about like the waves would. Her mood was normally so solid and cool around others and yet he was bringing everything out of her, anger, frustration, even compassion and whatever this want for closeness was. It was strange, something she didn't understand or know how to deal with besides just letting the waves push her. Fighting them would just exhaust her.

When he asked what a scoundrel was, she looked off for a moment, thinking about it. After the moment passed, she shrugged.
"Honestly, I've no idea. One of my brothers sings about it. Coming from him, I'd say it's not good," Auslief finally explained. She studied him as his mood changed, now lamenting over the fact that he had to lay there. She lay down again, but this time didn't press herself close, merely settled down next to him.

"You work too much. Even I know to sit back and relax from time to time." It was a foolish thing, working too much. No wonder his body had grown so weak.
"Would a story help?"

Kohaku:
"That I am less than what I was brought up to be." His eyes got moist for a moment, out of the pain but no tears came out. Just moist, and he had to calm himself yet again from it.. "Maybe I have become what I aimed to stop in this world." He chuckled and cracked somewhat of a smirk but it disappeared as soon as it came yet again. Casting his gaze away from her... but when he felt her come close to him and not as close as she was.. he felt. Like something was missing, and with his good arm, without announcement or alert- he slipped it around her and pulled her on to his chest.

His reason if she had asked- was to see her better.. But really this closeness... he never had it. Once she gave it to him, he felt.. Like he needed it. All sorts of confused inwardly but he didn't question it on the outside, as if it were natuiral for him to be that way. "A story.? Heh.." Cracking another smirk. "Do you have one to tell?" To coax her as if she had one, and to pull her to say one.. Utsuki was good at this, but from a stranger? "Maybe about a scounderal or the like- maybe." Softly setting his eyes on her. They were the eyes of calm, and ..maybe something there..

Auslief / Rime:
Auslief couldn't help but gasp when he grabbed her and pulled her against him. But she didn't do anything else besides that. A part of her wanted to fight, but the rest of her just didn't care.
"Mmm, no, not really. Unless I just tell you about how horrible my brother Sparrow is." She hummed and rested her chin against his chest.

"A long time ago, the god of the oceans looked out over the land out of curiosity and saw a group of beautiful lionesses. He was so attracted to them, and sorry for the way males of the land treated them, that he opened his paws and brought them into the ocean to live forever with him," she began, her voice low and slow. It wasn't like she was good at telling stories, this was just how she had heard the legend.

"In the sea they grew thinner fur. But there were no other males and it wasn't like they were having any other lionesses. So they started coming to land, and they would find a male, seduce him, and drag him beneath the waves. Legend has it they have their way with them and then eat them..." Her head tilted to one side.
"But I don't think that's what happened. Or... at least that's what always happens. Sometimes they just spend time with a male. And sometimes a cub is left in our pridelands, a cub with the markings of a mermaid."

Kohaku:
Sparrow. Hm. Nope, he didn't know him, likely he would not know anything about her anyways but still he tried to seem like he could relate. Giving her a soft nod, and with each words she spoke he relaxed more. Up until the dragging males in to the waves. Well, that was certainly different.. It was easy to look at her now.. And he soaked that in for a moment with a sigh. Pain- but emotional easing was setting in and he was slowly coming out of his depression he had recently been under.

All his emotions, were so different, and all in the course of two hours at most. The thing about pulling her close, like he had- was he left his arm lazily draped over her back. It was natural feeling. Which he didn't pay any mind to. "To get dragged under by the ocean. I had lived near the ocean once- I am in fact scared of it.. a minor thing though. The fate of drowning would bring any to thier knees I'm sure." His breathing slowed immensely so it wouldn't bother her. "Markings of a mermaid..." He never heard of one.. but if they lived in the ocean.. Could it be true?

"You know,...Your not half bad." He spoke towards her, her story and just overall being. How they met so recently and now it was like they had just knew that co existing would be do-able. "My arm feels better already." Slight fib, but in fact for not moving it- it didn't ache like it once did. Throbbing was still there though.. But a.... humble smile came over him.. As if.. no. Not as if- nothing.. His mind drew the emotion of happiness and relaxation out which landed him to chill enough to close his eyes and soak in the good feeling..

"You know.. it seems like a lot of your friends and family are worried about you..." Coming out of no where after some silence. "You really sure you want to do this..." Not looking at her- his eyes were closed now but he knew she would probably be glaring at him by now..

Auslief / Rime:
"Aye, markings. Mermaids are shining females, like the scales of a fish, or they're dark like a shark. Bart, you saw him, I think he's a mermaid's son. He and his brother were left with their father. Couple of other things, but eh, it's just a thought," Auslief replied with a shrug. He certainly had the fur and the background for it. It was one of the reasons that she thought some mermaids didn't eat or kill the male they took. Barth's father was still alive after all.

She snorted a bit.
"Much obliged," she replied with a bit of an eyeroll. "You're only just a little bad."
She was glad he was feeling better, but she wasn't letting that fool her. She wasn't about to let him move from this position until she was certain he was strong enough to move, and she was only going to let him move far enough to a different resting spot.

"The males are worried and they need to get over it. I'm sick of being treated like I'm not as good as they are, I come back unscathed and they should come to their senses. You're stuck with me." She smirked at him.

Kohaku:
It was too early to bring that guy up, but he merely shrugged off the comment as if he could relate when AGAIN he could not. A heavy nod left him and then he laid his eyes on her once more, and saw that he had his arm on her. Which took him back a bit, unsure what he felt about it. It... was so natural he didn't remember leaving it there. But he tightened his grip and pulled her higher in to his chest and sighed softly..

But left a chuckle when she 'complimented' him. That was as close as he'd get and he thought he'd never hear it. Like his mother, she was rough and tough for compliments. "Unscathed- that won't be too hard considering we have hyenas after us. Probably still stalking us hm." Thinking about that note, he noted the bag in tree and decided it was the best place for now.. Hiding it in trees would be the best option at this point. Then on the other hand, if they were attacked.. Could he take them on again? He doubted it. "They worry because they care." Slitting his eyes. "I trusted my sister enough to fight along side me during the war. She still holds the title closest...to mother. I see them equal.. They can take care of themselves..But if I can- I would want to be by their side and fiight along side them..." Like he had with his mother- how much pride it gave him that he COULD.

"That doesn't sound too bad." Getting stuck with her and he let out a laugh whcih caused a painful look over his face. "As long as you can hold your own." Which would ruffle her up, and he said it so soft toned, it was hard to keep serious with her so easily riled up. "And as long as you DONT lose the necklace." Laying his head all the way back.. This felt nice. He liked this.. but he didn't really take in to account this happening... Luci was being further pushed back in to his head..

"In a few, we should try moving to a next location. Maybe try staying near the water to fish.. may be easier than hunting for game out here."

Auslief / Rime:
Auslief thought about it for a minute before shaking her head.
"With the trees like this and the water so close, don't worry about hyenas. This is my land, they won't be a problem again." She knew they place. True, it wasn't her actual territory, but it had everything she needed, every advantage she took. They would all drown before they hurt her or Kohaku anymore.

"I know that," she replied, making her head a little more comfortable and looking away. "But there's caring and then there's overprotection..."
She shook her head. Would Kohaku be like them in the end? Treat her like she couldn't hold her own? Like she was some flower that needed shielding from every little thing? That wasn't who she was!

"I can hold my own, and I'll be taking that necklace before I lose it, I can promise you that." She, too, had a sort of soft, teasing tone in her voice. She had seen his attempt to ruffle her and given it right back.
"You won't be moving much. And I'll be the only one fishing, don't need you in the water, bleedin' all over the place and attracting sharks," she finally said and actually snuggled close. It was a nice feeling, even better than the memories she had from cubhood.

Kohaku:
Co existance. True, she had truth- but eh. Having an ex amazon mother made him rethink ever over protecting any girl.. Except for Lcui, but right now she wasn't even in his mind. Not like she had when during the war. Where all he thought about was her- and thats how he pressed on and kept himself alive. BECAUSE OF HER. "I would probably watch them tare me apart. At this rate- I am hindering us." Us,...

"Gives me some relief that you got my back.. well my chest now but as if that needs protecting." A joke for himself to laugh at but it was a low subtle one. "Mmm.. you can try~" But in reality.. the thought of that wasn't as protective as he thought he'd be.. Her having it would have at first upset him but.. he simply let it roll by without any objections.... "You know- ocean water is good for the wounds. So I heard- a few ...what? Sharks?" He didn't know were those are... Not mermaids?

"I havent fished in years but I bet I can get the swing of it again." His tail padding back and forth and a yawn escaped him. "Traveling with me.. may take a while. So I hope you weren't in the middle of plans and plan to go back soon.. this is gunna be a journey. Lots to see- but I doubt you'd be able to steal.. not til you go back anyways.. Can't carry too much or It would slow you down. No matter how shiny it is." Lifting his head to eye her playfully before laying his head back again..

Auslief / Rime:
"I'd succeed if I did. I try hard enough an' anything's in my reach." But she wasn't trying hard enough. At this point, she didn't even really want the necklace. But she'd be damned if she let those scruffy flea-bags get their paws on it. Even if it was just a broken necklace.

"Salt might be good, but sharks aren't. They're lions of the sea. Huge black and gray fish with rows and rows of teeth that look like leaves. Some get bigger than you, so I've heard. I've only seen one once, from a distance, chomp up a full-grown sea-dog in one huge bite. I don't swim out far 'cause of them," she explained, letting out a small shudder. She'd asked her papa what the fish was and he'd told her all about sharks and how dangerous they were. Some of the pirates had sharkteeth for jewelry. She never asked how they got them.

"I'm in no hurry. And I can deal without a lot of treasure. But you can't stop me from getting just a little bit," Auslief replied, smiling as she closed her eyes. She'd need to take something back, after all, otherwise the others would make fun of her.

Kohaku:
"Those words- are good to live by. Anything is in reach.." He was proof of his family's survival after all. Survival that he won only because he NEEDED to.. Even if she wanted his necklace, still he was left unphased by her attempts at saying so."Lions of the sea...I may have heard a story about one once, but.. I thought it was just a folk tale.." Then he wondered if he would ever see one- maybe he should get in the water then. Unlikely since he was also too injured to move for quite some time and he left himself to relax...

"A scary thought." Though he seemed unphased, all this about sharks.. He remembered his mother's best friend talking about a male she traveled with whom wrestled a shark. Well- wouldn't that be interesting to see. "I don't think I COULD stop you.. even if I wanted." She'd have her way one way or the other- that he could already see in her eyes alone.

Now that they were calm.. He absorbed and took everything of what he did in. This girl- though he almost hit hurt.. even if his past was a bunch of misguided mistakes.. She was still lying on him. He couldn't understand this feeling. "Maybe I can try and get some for yea too. Being a bandit, I'm not sure if I'd be any good.." But they had already. "Switching sides- wouldn't that be something... huh Kowab.." The name slipped out in a hushed form. "What is... the type of treasure you seek?"

Auslief / Rime:
Auslief shrugged. Her eyes opened again to consider him. Nah, as angry as he could get, as good a fighter, she didn't really see him as a pirate. He seemed to have too many morals and... He just didn't seem like a pirate to her. But then, her uncle and Dou weren't really like the other pirates, either. Maybe he would make a pirate... Bah.

"Whatever catches my eye, really. It's useful, to trade with others in my pride, or even the ones that live farther down the coast. Anything another possesses, really. Some of the males, they kidnap, too, but I'm not interested in that. What need have I for a wench or serving boy? Now jewelry, pelts... armor would be particularly useful, though only if it would fit. Anything else I'd probably just trade away, but..." She trailed off there, her expression changing ever so slightly into a less relaxed and certainly not a positive one.

"Getting treasure is more of just showing them that I'm capable. I prefer helping, protecting my fellows, acting the lookout or scout. But if I don't show them I can do it, I'd be relegated to a female's place in the pride and I can't let that happen."

Kohaku:
"So you would have to be a thief.. and if you just gather treaure that is out in the open?" Those of the ruins in the desert, shiny pieces of gold- thoughs wouldn't be considered treasure then. But, shields- and armor he had known about. Not how to make them, but he was quite familiar.. He once was decked out in armor. Before the war-... and as if finished he was naked once again.

To relieve his body from the weight they caused him. "So.. females in your pride- they are not equal?" That, was foreign knowledge to him. Look at his mother! A warrior- and a celebrated one in her own right!

Auslief / Rime:
"Nah, treasure's treasure. Doesn't matter how I get it, just as long as I bring it back. It's just more common that something valuable's owned by someone," she replied with a little shake of her head. Really, if it was something valuable, it wouldn't just be sitting around. Unless it was hidden away and forgotten about. That happened. And usually it wasn't just one thing in those kinds of places.

"No, they're not. Most females are... caretakers, I suppose. keep the pride clean, make interesting things to drink when the males come home, entertain the males, too. I didn't want to do that."