Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Smile! Smile! Smile! [ g!ofie + Belladonna ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 pm
Ofelia was making her rounds still in the golem, mostly asking people now and then if they knew where to find someone named "Professor Cubert" (she was so wrong on the name) and after being told no one knew who that was for the fifth or sixth time the golem-bound hunter was feeling a little more than...frustrated? It wasn't like she was upset, she still had tons and tons and tons of students she could ask for help on finding this person. It was vital to her mission that she did (her self imposed mission) so perhaps she'd try again after a break?

For some reason it was getting colder, she could sort of ...feel it? Or was that just her imagination taking things in as her golem breathed out wisps of steam into the air. This new one really was amazing, she'd have to give all kinds of compliments and notes and everything else. . .but that would also maybe mean admitting she stole the golem.

Seeing as that was a bad thing, and she was just waiting to start going, Ofelia!inagolem decided to just...stand in a single spot for a while. There wasn't anyone around really, she was okay to do so and not worry about bumping into anyone, and so the tanuki just...stood.

And looked at the sky like a turkey.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm
No, no, no, please anything but that, nooooooo

The witch did her best to hustle across campus, dressed in a black coat accented with fuzzy, pink fur lining and the hood pulled up tight over her hair plaited for once in her life. The long, waist length braid did its best to get in her way as she clutched the large book to her chest, one little trip to the library turned into another research session for those pesky artifacts. The book she'd found was probably one the two zomboils had already poured over but she hadn't seen it and that was good enough for Belladonna. But since the arrival of that jackdamned elf at Spirit Week the weather had been absolutely dismal. The cooler weather was not a bother, though it was drastically colder than normal, but the constant threat of snow really was. Two years ago the witch had visited Christmas Town and found her one true archenemy: Snow.
It impeded all attempts at walking, could not be traversed in heels, melted upon touch and chilled far worse than any wind. All in all, it was absolutely terrible and really the one thing that managed to put the witch in a bad mood lately. Things had been going well, taking into consideration how vastly bad they had been, so it was a wonder anything could get the witch really down. Leave it to stupid Christmas to be the one to figure it out.

"Don't you dare!" Belladonna shouted to the sky, uncaring if anyone passed her by and heard her talking to herself. If the school wasn't already aware of her before their descent into the Haunted House, they certainly did after her dramatic show of sobbing as loudly as possible. So now that she was busy cursing the weather out loud, there was little she could do to change the opinion of the general public. Not that it really mattered, for no one was around.
"I have had enough of this jackdamn snow. You stop it, or at least wait until I get back to my room!" She warned with a point at the grey sky, but as she stopped in the middle of the path to threaten it a bit more, one single speck of snow floated down and landed on her nose.
With a scream like she had been burned the witch flailed and almost dropped her book in her dismay.
Jackdamn snow.  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm
Ofelia the tanuki golem was still busy staring at the snow, having hardly moved an inch or two the entire time it started to fall. A thin blanket coated her/his shoulders and head, nearly turning the brown fur of the golem into a more tan hue, and since the golem didn't produce the sensation of being cold or anything like that Ofelia was rather comfortable and was enjoying the view. She'd never seen falling snow before, all the times she'd gone out to places that had it either blizzard (which meant no one could see anything) or the snow had already fallen and there was nothing else to do but walk around in it.

And walk around maybe she did, leaving behind an adorable trail of tiny footprints wherever she tread. Even though there wasn't much snow on the ground it was enough to show she'd been in places, it was delightful and she felt like she could be six again. Considering the reflection she'd seen of her golem made her think it was possible - the tanuki male was clearly under the age of fifteen (maybe tweleve), so she didn't feel like an idiot running around and whooping for joy. It wasn't like her voice was the one being carried into the air, it was a false one, and soon everything was just laughter and cheers against and among the sounds of falling snow.

It would have remained just that if it wasn't for the sounds of someone yelling and then screaming (which had Ofelia panic). The teen turned quickly and had her golem flick its wrists, like she was trying to summon Rue, but when nothing happened she remembered what was going on the motion seemed overly silly and she just...waddled towards the direction she thought she heard the noise from. Even if she was just here in a golem for personal reasons, nothing to do at all with the students really, Ofelia still had a streak of concern that prompted her to go look.

At the sight of Belladonna s/he froze in place and stared. It took every inch of her self-control, ever last ounce of it, for Ofelia to not go running and tackle the witch. Her cover had almost been blown before by doing this, even if she knew with Belladonna she'd be perfectally safe, but there was always a chance Belladonna wasn't really alone and right around the corner was a student who was less....hunter-inclined. So instead of running and jumping for joy over this sudden (but not at all unpleasant) reunion the tanuki called Pocky kept character.

"Oooi, are you okay?" He started over, face all concerned.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 pm
All that flailing had not been well for the witch or the book, as one hand had to be kept on the tome else it be left to fall in the snow, which did not really make for a very good freak out. Instead Belladonna was left to just wave one arm at the snow for a moment before she shuffled forward a few steps. Not prepared to offer the book up to the elements or potentially melted snow all over its delicate pages or cover, the only option left was to keep it close to her chest, which meant that flailing was rendered impossible. Thus, the only other option was to move along her path. At least, only for a few more steps until someone asked her question.
Mildly frightened to have been seen shouting at the sky, Belladonna clutched at the book as though it might protect her from any wayward opinions. But when she realized what the question was being ask, she realized it was... Oh! Kindness! That was far easier to reply to!
"Oh, ah, hello, yes! Ah... Sorry, I just... Despise the snow." Here she glared up at the sky before fully placing her attention back on the smaller student.

A small was given to the mysterious person she'd never seen, momentarily about to kirakira over how adorable and fluffy he was until... Hecate, had he stuffed a loaf of bread in his pants? Errrrr, Belladonna wasn't really sure what to make of that (What if it was something wrong? What if she had just accidentally made fun of this person?! HOW RUDE OF HERRRR)
"I do not think I have ever seen you on campus before, its nice to meet you. I'm Belladonna Divine." An awkward curtsey was enacted, only awkward because the book kept her from being able to sweep out her arms or pull out her skirt.
"I am sure your fur is quite warm, but if be careful of this snow. It is rather..... Sneaky."  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 pm
Ofelia was using all her inner strength, every last bit of it to not laugh at Belladonna (in good spirits, of course!) over her reaction to the snow. It was really silly, sort of like a dog barking at their own shadow or a cat smacking away at a reflection in a mirror - meaning she didn't see the point in being unhappy over something out of one's control. Perhaps it was that nonchalant attitude that got her so much in trouble sometimes, hmm.

Of course she needed to keep playing along, needed to keep her facade of a student up, and so the teen inside the tanuki kept an innocent look on his face as he waddled closer. "Really? I like the snow, I've never seen it before. . . or at least not falling like this. It's always been on the ground whenever I've gotten to it. I don't think I've ever met a person who could actually despise acts of nature." This was a new side to Belladonna too, one Ofelia hadn't seen but then again how could she say she knew much of her when they'd met under such...circumstances? The haunted house didn't exactly make people act amazing or normal; Ofelia herself had been pretty much saturated with Insanity the entire time. "You don't dislike it because you're worried you'll melt, will you?"

Perhaps Ofelia's only knowledge of witches came from watching Wizard of Oz. That was a sad and shameful thing to think about so she pressed on. "And my name is. . . . Pocky! Well, it's my nickname actually so I just go by it, and I guess my fur is warm? I never noticed the cold before so I suppose that's what's doing to trick." Or it could be that Ofelia was in a golem and naturally wouldn't notice. "What brings you outside if you hate the snow?"

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm
Honestly, Pocky/ Ofelia really should have laughed at the witch over her silly antics. After continually professing not to act like a child, she always seemed to be the one enacting the most scarling of tendencies. Still, so set in her dismay over the snow, she was only left to frown a bit before she dropped it in favor of a neutral expression that veered closer toward a smile now that actual conversation had begun.
"Oh? Where have you lived then? I do not think there is much snow in Halloween, at least not nearby. Perhaps in the colder regions, but not anywhere near here. You must have traveled far!" Remaining oblivious to who exactly it was she had the pleasure of speaking with, the witch only clutched the book tighter to her chest. As for despising an act of nature, Belladonna sputtered out half a response before she swelled her chest and took on a more dignified looking stance, eyebrows pulled down in a frown.
"This isn't an act of nature! This is an act of revenge from Christmas Town!" And the cherry on top was the melting comment. Already upset over being caught in the snow, then accused of disliking nature, the only course left was to get awfully huffy.
"Of course I won't melt! What kind of witch do you take me for?"

Unsure whether she wanted to keep on being friendly or not, Belladonna only sniffed indignantly and shrugged.
"Is it lovely to meet you Pocky, but I think I must be heading home. I've got quite a bit of reading to get to." Here she held up the book and wiggled it for the creature to see before she bobbed her head in a quick sign of politeness. "Its a very important book, about... Important things. Otherwise I would have stayed in. But one cannot reasonably tell what the weather will decide to do so I took my chances. Apparently I gambled incorrectly."
Huh, hadn't she been trying to excuse herself from this little furry critter who obviously didn't know a thing about witches? Oh yes, that was right.
With a heft of the book into one hand, Belladonna waved it down at Pocky before she took a step forward back on her path.
"Have fun in the snow."

Rown

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:36 am
"Well I don't know much about witches at all, to be honest. Only what I've seen in a movie and that was one metling with water and - " s**t, s**t. Ofelia quickly clapped a hand over her mouth. That was probably the best (and worst) way to show she wasn't a member of Halloween.

It wasn't like she was trying to trick Belladonna, it wasn't sort of a game in her mind.

Maybe.

Her ears on the golem folded themselves down. "Sorry Belldee."

AyeAvast
oops

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 pm
Already on her way past the little Tanuki, the witch only stuck up her nose at the creature. How dare it only glean its knowledge of the wondrous subclass that is 'witch' from some measly movie about witches who melt-- Wait. Though she did not stop, Belladonna at least slowed her gait to a nearly teetering pause. Wasn't the movie with the witch melting a... A human movie? Hadn't that been the one with the green woman with beautiful, sharp fingers and a delicious cackle? With that silly human girl in the checkered dress that Belladonna's mother had shown her and her sisters when they were little ghouls?
The memory is stark in her mind, the three daughters crowded around the skeevee as they watched the story unfold and all shrieked in horror when the green witch dissolved with all her wonderful wickedness. It had been a lesson about humans and their views, on what to expect should they ever step into the human world, to curb their offense and know that humans were silly creatures, after all.
And then the seal on this whole endeavor is that little apology with the nickname only one person has ever dared use. The book falls from the air, crashes down onto the little piles of snow that have begun to collect on the grey grass. Whatever was so important about it seems vastly less important with the singular knowledge that only humans think witches melt with water and that only a human has ever said "Belldee". It was brief, maybe less than a half a day, maybe only a whole hour, but it stuck. Long names mean lots of opportunity for creative rearrangements, but it was certainly this particular one that took the cake.

A few quick strides is all it takes to place the witch back over the little furry creature, only a quick reach down and the creature is in her hands. Not one for any sort of hasty, or rather very brash, actions such as this, Belladonna does not hesitate as she hefts up Pocky to be eye level. There is a long stretch of time where the witch only studied the creature, where pink eyes bored into its as she tried to assess exactly what it was and how it knew that movie and why it said that name.
Finally the witch bent back down and put the creature back on the ground, an apologetic look on her face.
"You're not really Pocky, are you?" She finally asked, her voice quiet and soft and unusually broken sounding.

Rown
OuO

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 pm
Ofelia squeaked as her golem was lifted, she didn't know what was going to happen at this point. Belladonna had never seemed aggressive, not that the redhead had any right to judge her based on the small window of time they had spent together, and the tanuki golem had its ears flatten for a moment before she answered the question. "Nope, I'm not Pocky."

What else was she supposed to say? She already said sorry and was hanging in the air.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:36 pm
Carefully the witch lowered the little creature back down and onto its feet, her cheeks lightly flushed from her sudden show of aggression. If this was who she really thought it was... Then that meant that the Hunters really did have the upper hand. It meant their golems had not only been perfected to the point of replicating an actual Halloweener's body, but that they could create new ones without detection. Or was this furry Tanuki the body of someone else, just someone already kidnapped and recreated for its new nefarious purposes?
The thought thoroughly chilled the witch and she fully released Pocky to whip her fingers back to herself. Belatedly she realized she'd dropped her book and hastened back to retrieve it. Carefully she picked it off the ground and brushed fingertips across its surface to remove what snow had stuck. Already the snow fall was enough to have left large patches of white that obscured the grass below, and the longer the two stood out in it, the more dusted they would surely be.
But the witch only turned back to the Tanuki, her mouth screwed up in a frown.

"If you're not Pocky, then who are you? Truly?"

Rown

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm
"Um...well." Ofelia didn't like these kinds of games, they felt silly and a waste of time, so she cut to the chase rather quickly. "Ofelia."

Did the witch remember her name? She'd said it many times, though Before had called her 'Dinah' the entire time, but had the others called out to her at all? She certainly knew their names - Mort and Belladonna - but that was beside the point.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm
"Ofelia." The witch breathed out the name, her breath foggy from the chill and vaguely reminiscent of the mist that had been the stage for their introduction. Already the witch knew who it was, had to have known somehow, someway. They hadn't gone through all that together and not been able to recognize the other despite the differences.
Unsure of what else to do, Belladonna only took another breath and let it go in a second puff of frosted air.
"What are you doing here in Halloweentown? And why?" It wasn't asked with malice or accusations, merely in a cautiously curious tone. Certainly there were a multitude of other questions she wanted to ask, but for once the witch did not immediately jump into grilling the girl for answers.

Instead she only continued to stand there and look down at the girl in a monster's skin, wondering how they'd ended up on these opposite sides. What made people turn into Hunters anyway? What would have happened had Ofelia died in the Human World? Belladonna wanted to believe their paths would still cross, that she would have turned into a ghost or been raised from the dead and brought over to Halloween. Already she was connected to the world whether she wanted to be or not. Couldn't Fate just have twisted a bit differently? They didn't need to be enemies...
After another moment a smile touched the witch's mouth and she let a hand drift away from the book, let it go palm up so that little white flakes collected on her palm.
"Do they have snow where you come from?"

Rown

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 am
"I'm not here to spy on anyone or get information that could hurt anyone, if that's what you're asking. I mostly came to get some questions answered from some teacher or something, but I can't remember their name." That was....very true to all the parts. Ofelia had no reason whatsoever to lie to Belladonna, nor did she even remotely want to, and as soon as she'd been properly let go and the witch went about her own motions the golem set about dusting himself off. A little adjust of clothing here, a wipe of the fur there, and he felt a bit better. It was strange to worry about looks when the body wasn't even her own but there was something about the need to still look the part that had her cleaning up. "It was Cu...something or another, the person in charge of DETH. I'd asked around to several students but either they didn't know or were shy of me. Or pointed a gun at my head and threatened to kill me."

Okay, the last one had kind of been her fault entirely for telling Mot she was a hunter but hey at least she was still standing. Ofelia was a fast learner when it came not to getting herself blown off the battlefield.

No, not really. She was a really slow learner who just happened to have a high learning curve when it came to knowing about not wanting to be punished.

At the question of snow s/he just shook his/her head. "Well it does snow naturally in the human world, sure, but where I was raised we didn't get snow normally. Sometimes there'd be a freak ice storm and everything would be covered in sleet...but no snow. I've only ever seen it on the ground whenever I've gone on missions, never falling like this. It gives the world a whole new perspective." Ofelia moved and held out the golem's hands, catching snowflakes as best she could. "I like snow, and I like rain. I guess it's the only thing that's equal no matter who you are or where you are, you know? It falls on both humans and Halloween people alike without being judgmental." Hands were clapped together as Ofelia smooshed the snowflakes, rubbing her paws once it looked like they were properly closed. "Back home - before the island that is - it was always so hot. You could wear shorts year round sometimes, which is why I guess I like them? I didn't wear shoes lots either since there wasn't a point." She paused. " . . . and now I'm babbling at you, aren't I? You're probably terrified that I'm here, how easily I managed to get in among the students."

AyeAvast
sorry for delay love ;;;; meta....excuse > __ >

ALSO WE NEED SOME HH RP STAT

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas