Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] The New (Girl) in Town [ g!Ofie + Mort + Alex ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:38 pm
Ofelia probably...needed to think of a name for herself, no...himself. She was in a male golem now, she needed to remember that and use nothing but male pronouns if she wanted to stay alive, and as the portal deposited her into the woods near the school the redhead took great care and pains to try and not...well, get lost or panic. All the times she'd been here before were with others, large groups or what have you, but it had been her own choice to come here without a lot of permission other than a note that said 'brb, golem borrowing'. She really hoped she'd survive this and get back, she needed to check on Sherry at the infirmary and do lessons with Jason.

Maybe it was a bad idea to come out here? Her golem was tiny, she didn't even have any idea as to what it was, but it was one of the newer models that actual hid her voice and got rid of her accent. So long as Ofelia didn't say or do anything Ofelia-ish she'd be golden. Knowing the teen that was going to be so hard she'd be golem-killed instantly. Still she was going to give it a try, this wasn't a personal mission for herself.

She was doing this for Deryk, to see him smile, and also as a possible chance to see the others again from DETH and thank them for their time and protection. The tanuki!golem wobbled out of the woods after a moment and onto the main pathway, its occupant stopping and looking around. Ofelia hadn't thought this far ahead, she didn't know where to go or what to do. If it wasn't for the fact she didn't think golems could cry she might have started out of sheer frustration. That and well, Ofelia didn't cry.

Often.

She needed to start somewhere though and so, with what looked like a dorm in front of her, maybe she'd find someone there who was at DETH and could go from there. She needed a cover story though but that...could easily get made up in route.

Ol-j-man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 pm
". . . n' m'serious about the chalkboard thing! Just commandeer classroom, lock door so won't interrupt, make own orientation for her." It was an uncommonly light moment for the zomboil as he strode the grounds with Alex, animatedly gesticulating with an invisible piece of chalk. Ever since his bro had texted him about his new sister coming to campus, Mort had grown more excited than he had in days. True, he was still a smidge anxious about meeting someone new, but it was also an opportunity to bond with a fellow undead and show a new student around all at once - and a zombie to boot!

He had been curious about the adoption since Mort wasn't aware the Van Rottes did such a thing, but that fact touched him also. Those feels were for another time, however.

For now, he grinned and paid very little attention to where they were going, only vaguely aware that they were heading out for a celebratory DDD session (in which he had to rechallenge the reigning champ for his throne now that they were both third years). "Think she'll be alright with us, though," he said. "Well, uh, m-maybe not with me. M'a trouble magnet." And that was one of the few times he had said it with genuine humor.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 pm
Alexander slapped a hand to his forehead and groaned in mock agitation as Mort went on and on and on about the sister that he had yet to meet and how best to get her up to speed on the goings on of the academy. "Right and maybe afterwards if she hasn't run away screaming back to my parents house we can all go out for some eyescream and regale her with stories of our countless hunter encounters coupled with tales of our horrifying deaths." Yes, the dissipation via lava was still fresh in his memory, and he was still slightly upset about it, though he attempted to laugh it off now as he reached over to give his friend a firm one armed bro hug, even reaching up with his free hand to muss up his hair.

"She'll..be as alright as she can be. I'd rather she be with us, and be where I can keep an eye on her, then anywhere else. But ya, don't rub your trouble germs on her when you meet her. Keep those to yourself." He joked, releasing his zombro from his grip and stretching his arms over his head before letting them collapse to his sides. He was in a good mood, but had been in one for a while now, despite the raging guilt he felt whenever he thought too much about Mort's condition. As they made their way away from the dorm, he caught sight of what looked like a student, probably a new one considering the confused look on the small boils face. There were so many new students lately, it had become a common occurrence for them to get lost on campus.

"Hey, you need some help?" Alexander called out, stopping in his tracks and turning towards where the boil was standing, giving Mort a light slap with the back of his hand on the other boils arm to get him to stop.

Rown
Ol-j-man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 pm
Ofelia was staring off at the wall of the nearby dorm, she'd somehow managed to waddle that far without bumping into someone or truly getting lost, and was more than content to just looked around in pure awe and shock at everything until someone hailed her. Naturally it caused a panic, which caused a small shriek. The voice that came out of her was not her own, the golem disguised everything, and Ofelia was even more shocked at the slightly young boy voice that popped forth. It was at least a decent cover for now and the teen used her little golem hands to cover up her mouth, to make it look like the shriek was really the accident it was.

If the golem's cheeks were colored she couldn't see it and instead she tried to think of what to say next. Her plan on coming here hadn't been thought out at all, she mentioned that to herself earlier, and now there were two students approaching. The tanuki turned to look at them, careful on his feet, and when Ofelia saw who it was that was talking she might have actually paled just a little bit.

One was Mort (which gave her a huge YAY) and the other was Alex (whose name she didn't know but she knew him as the zombie whose eye she'd ripped out). This...was like fifty-fifty okay good and okay bad? It was hard to tell, she didn't know what to do, so she just squeaked out an answer as best she could. "Um...yes. I...was looking for someone, a. . .friend of a friend of sorts. They told me to come here and find them but I got lost." She started talking, answering Alex. The fake voice took away all of her accent, all of her Ofelia. It was a shame, she sort of liked her own voice, but if it kept her safe?

Ofelia. . maybe felt like if Mort knew who she was she'd be safe? But if Mort knew would that mean -

wait.

Mort.

Mort.

The dots connected, finally connected, and before anyone could stop the golem!tanuki Ofelia had launched herself at the zombie, wrapping her fake arms about his waist as much as her tiny form would allow it.

"Oh god you're alive you're alive how did you you're alive oh god." She didn't care at all how creepy it looked, or how much of her cover she may have instantly been blowing.

Ol-j-man
Seussi

Rown

Friendly Hunter

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm
"Hey, everyone n-needs lil' bit've trouble once in while," Mort retorted with a little grin. "S'what makes things interesting. Keep you on toes." Granted Amityville was a pretty great all its own, so he wouldn't have to do all the work. Like the ominous Christmas elf in the gym . . .

With the light slap bringing his attention to the tanuki, Mort blinked over and down at the short student . . . and immediately thought if he took him home to Bells she would start cooing over the boil like a stray pet. He certainly looked pretty lost, though the zomboil could empathize - he had been the same way when he first arrived at school. "Mrr, friend? Can tell us name or describe? Alex n' I know lots've -"

And then Mort found himself again being the target of a small person's glomp. Luckily, this time he wasn't immediately trying to kick the guy off, though he did raise his arms and pass his bro a startled look that said he had no idea who this guy was or what god he was talking about. The only time Mort had ever heard gods being referenced were by the horsemen, and even then they had specific names . . .

Wait a second. This one knew he was alive. Inwardly the spark of revelation raced through him as he realized this had to be either Clover or Ofie; they were the only two who knew about his death specifically and would care. And the other one had sounded a lot like the boil, so . . . s**t. s**t. The ghoul who had riped his bro's eye out was right there. A Jackdamn Hunter!

Mort ran a hand through his hair and kept the anxiety hidden behind his perplexed expression, having gotten better at masking his emotions with the dawning of his condition - usually it was behind the same melancholic look he usually wore, though not in this case. "Errrr. No, m'pretty much undead," he replied, playing it off with an easy smile as he tried to casually ease the boil off. "See, Alex? C-Can't even keep boils offa me 'cuz m'dead sexy."

Jackdamnit. What the hell was a hunter doing here?

"If y'need help finding place, though, we c-can help."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 pm
There was really no reason for Alexander to suspect that this was nothing more then a student who had lost their way on campus. He nodded along with Mort's offer to help the boil find whoever he was looking for, offering a very easy and not at all threatening smile, trying to reassure him that it was okay to ask since he seemed a little bit off, probably shy.

Of course then the boil was grabbing on to Alex's zombro and his instincts kicked in as the smile slipped away and one hand reached out with all intentions heading towards grabbing the small guy and shoving him away. Protect his friends, protect his family, protect his horde. It all went back to survival instincts. He did manage to still his hand, however, as he reminded himself mentally that violence should probably be a last resort in this case. But the words coming out of the boils mouth were weird to say the least, and warning bells were ringing in Alex's head.

"Hey, back off." He couldn't hide the light growling rasp in his voice as he glowered down at the tanuki with his one visible eye. How the hell did this guy know that Mort had even been dead, anyways? It wasn't exactly wide spread knowledge beyond those who had been there when it happened. And it was pretty clear that Mort didn't know him. And who or what god was he even talking about?

Alexander felt uneasy, and now his suspicions were rising. "Who are you?" He wasn't going to play around now, and he gave Mort a sharp glance at his joke, hoping to convey the look of 'are you serious right now?'.

The zomboils arms crossed over his chest, his mouth opening to say something when Mort said that they would help him first.

He gave Mort another look, though this time it was more incredulous then anything else.

Rown

Ol-j-man

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm
It was only when Ofelia stopped hugging Mort long enough to actually think that she found herself in trouble, perhaps more than she could dare to dream, and the words of the other zombie boy had her quickly releasing the first one and looking at the other. She did her best to look timid and afraid, worried because of the tone, and the look was more than easily achieved thanks to the sheer amount of panic she was certainly feeling. Her cover was blown, it had to be, and Ofelia raised her hands to her golem mouth as though to fight back a sniffle.

She had to think, she had to think she had to survive this. The whole coming to Amityville would be a waste if she was taken over right away, her cover slipping before she had a chance to ask around for information, and without any consideration of what to do next she just spewed whatever came first. She prayed, hoped, did everything she could in her heart and mind, that Mort and whatever she did would be enough to back her up.

". . . .I'm...I'm really sorry. See. . .I. . . my cousin, before I came here, wrote me letters about all of her friends. She. . . she wrote about a zombie friend of hers, who'd she known for a long time. . .passing on and I. .. . was I mistaken?" God, she hoped this was working. "I mean, the way she described her friend in her letters. . .could only make me think of you? Zombie with purple skin? Or. . .am I mistaken in thinking you might be...Mort?" God, god, she kept trying, doing whatever she could, and she was certain the terrified look had not left her face even for a remote second. She really was scared, but not of either boy tearing her apart. Death was fine, she was a hunter and this was just a golem, but mostly if this golem was destroyed? Or being captured? Oh god.

She needed an alibi to say it was her cousin, anything, everything, and so while looking over the boys, perhaps behind them, she saw a student who was just as small as she was, if not a little smaller, walking in the distance. They seemed to be carrying books and singing, good signs right - and Ofelia just...risked it. "Oh. . . oh wow, look. That's her there, I was. . .wow, imagine that. Hey! Hey! Cousin!"

The male tanuki pointed pass the two of them towards a rather small female chupacabra, who looked over at the calling of her attention. Chuppi was a good sort, most likely, and since well oddly enough her culture had most everyone calling one another 'cousin', she raised her hand in a wave and called back a similar greeting, along with a 'so good to see you are here now!'. There might have also been a 'Let us meet up again after my class' which was also in Chuppi's nature towards other small students, so Ofelia. . . might have saved herself.

Maybe. Hopefully.

Ol-j-man
Seussi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:24 am
Okay maybe the joke was in bad taste and bad timing, though it was nice to see Alex act so quickly - and good to know if they ever got in a bind. But Mort had to inwardly compliment the Hunter on her story (however lucky it was that someone like Chuppi was around to back it up) and merely nodded in understanding, smiling and waving at the chupacabra as well before turning back to the conversation. "Mrrr, I see." Raccoon related to a chupacabra. Right. Jack, that was a little bit of a stretch, but not impossible given how varied the genetic pool of Halloween was - it'd help if he knew what the hell kind of creature this thing was supposed to be, though.

Still . . . a Hunter that cared? It was so foreign to him. There had been confusion with the red siren at Fright Night that Bells had suspected to be a fake, but . . . The pair of Hunters they had met with was different. More direct. No masks, no subterfuge (that he had picked up on). But how was he supposed to believe in the boil's apparently sincere relief that he wasn't dead?

Ugh, his head hurt. This wasn't the time to be mulling over confusing morals. "Well, a-any family've Chuppi s'a friend've mine. Yeah m'Mort," the zomboil introduced with a smile, then gestured to Alex. "N' my zombro Alex. But, ah, that stuff was just small mishap with dissipation - nothin' big. Just had t'hide away a bit 'til felt better." He tried to shrug it off in favor for more lighthearted conversation (and because he was uncomfortable divulging that sort of information to normal people, let alone Hunters), though he was wriggling with some anxiety about the Hunter's proximity. At any point she (he assumed it was the ghoul, the boil had been much more of a flailer) could drop the bomb about knowing Mort, and that sort of betrayal to his bro would have done him in.

"You in with new influx've students, huh? Well, if need t'find something or someone, we know lot've people."

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:12 pm
Alexander's eye was narrowed suspiciously. He didn't like feeling as though he couldn't trust people when he first met them, that they had to prove themselves to be trustworthy first. He could have stood there and made the boil jump through a million hoops, prove he was who he said he was. His explanation seemed so hesitant, and so very unsure. But then he waved to Chuppi, called her his cousin, and she replied with a wave and a smile, and shouted things back that made the tanuki's story seem absolutely legit. Some of the tension eased out of Alexander's shoulders, the gruff expression on his face softening a bit. He raised a hand in the air at Chuppi as well in greeting before turning his attention back to the small boil.

So he knew that Mort had died, but not that Alexander had. He wasn't really sure whether to be glad or perplexed or even slightly indignant about that. Well, whatever. He mentally shrugged it off. "Sorry about that. Can never tell who around here is really a friendly face and who's just hiding behind a mask anymore." He said, by way of apology for his behavior just moments before. His words could have been taken in two ways, but only those who knew about hunters and golems would likely understand the hidden meaning. He let Mort introduce the both of them and gave a nod, still unable to shake the last of his unease but telling himself he was just being silly.

"Ya, who is it you were looking for?" He finally piped in, feeling like an offer of help was definitely in order now to make up for his previous actions.

Rown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 pm
"Uh." Honestly this was yet another part of Ofelia's wonderful life nature where she realized plans were good, Ofelia is stupid. She hadn't thought of a name of a friend, she was already using a card for someone named 'Chuppi' - she assumed that had been the friendly monster thing -so maybe go from there and just name names? Playing off her 'cousin' for too long could end up really, really badly. "My name is. . . " Well wait, they hadn't asked for her name just yet, it gave her time to think of one, and so Ofelia just stopped there and sort of fumbled it off. "When you talk about masks, do you mean like the one I'm wearing?"

That could have been bad, could have been another flub, except for the fact that tanukis were essentially raccoons and therefore she had a wonderful black mask on her face, mixed in with the brown fur. She could use that to play innocent or dumb on that meaning, acting like she didn't know, and the golem raised his hands and pulled on his cheeks to make the 'mask' stretch and shrink. The look in the golem's eyes was totally innocent as well, like they honestly were confused and wondering, but in reality it was Ofelia's best attempt to not get mauled. Undead things made her uneasy, why did it take her this long to remember that? Mort was okay, he attacked her so long ago it didn't matter, but this Alex...? Yeah, he made her nervous considering she tore his eye out.

She needed to move along though because even if it was really, really good to see Mort again she wasn't here on a pleasure cruise. She'd taken this golem (without permission) for a reason and so she was going to do it. The problem was finding a way to go about it considering she was supposed to be a new student. New students didn't know a lot of information about people and so if she just randomly started to spout names that would look really, really bad on her.

"Do either of you know someone named. . . ." To make a show like she was looking for a paper, a letter or something that would have indicated she had a reason to be there, the teen patted at the pants pockets the golem wore. When nothing came of the first pat she started to frantically dig and look, trying not to smirk at the process and keep an honestly worried expression, and the digging eventually turned to her circling around herself looking at the ground. "I...lost my paper. It had all the names on there, the ones of the people I was supposed to meet." Her shoulders shook like she was going to cry, and Ofelia was sort of proud of her really bad acting. Sort of. "I don't remember their name that well, what...do you think maybe I dropped it somewhere?"

This act was going to take her forever to get anywhere but at least it might erase all doubt of what she was. Or make someone more suspicious, she didn't know.

( Also Chuppi had totally waved back to both zombie boys as she scampered to class, wondering all the while who their new friend was. She'd probably ask them about it later )

Ol-j-man
here, have a novel
Seussi
novels are fun

Rown

Friendly Hunter

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items