Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] R is for recipe (Ofelia, Jason) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:29 pm
"Let me see....this one looks pretty good."

It was not surprising to see the moon trainee in the library, looking up more books for whatever topic he desired. But today at least he was going to make his trip short. It was Thursday, and he was going to meet Ofelia for more lessons in cooking. But so far he had failed to come up with a meal to practice on. He didn't want something to complicated, but he didn't want it too simple either.

Eventually he just grabbed another recipe book, flipped through the pages, and grabbed the first thing that popped out at him. In this case it was fried rice.

That was reasonable, right?

With the book under his arm, Jason made course for the kitchens.

Rown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm
Ofelia was singing, sort of, or at least was humming in her usual off key way. It was Thursday, which meant she had plans for a lesson, and after spending most of the day out doing sun stuff it felt good to be back in the kitchen. She'd taken a quick shower first, which had her clean and her hair pulled up into several large and messy buns, so with nice clothes on too that didn't smell like sweat or soil she was taking inventory of what they had.

It would be Jason's pick of what they made, he was the one learning and she was the one teaching. They'd start with all the basics, like cleaning up as they went so there was no mess, and maybe more use of the stove? It was hard to do, she was busy thinking on and on and totally not dancing around silly in the kitchen as she hummed.

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:26 pm
When he first stepped into the kitchen, Jason was met with a dancing and humming sun hunter. He couldn't help but grin at the sight; it was good to see someone in such high spirits instead of utterly depressed over a horrid mission.

"Hey Ofelia." He greeted her. "I'm glad to see you so energized." He placed down the book on the table, then turned around, leaning slightly on the counter. "I was thinking that today I would like to try following a recipe, to see how well we could make something from following the instructions. Thats if you don't mind, of course." He was hoping Ofelia would be able to help him understand some of the jargon that came with going by a cook book.

Rown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:39 pm
"It's been a good day, what can Ah say?" Ofelia stopped her little song and dance number, clearly unashamed or embarrassed to have been caught doing so. She liked being energetic, it kept things going, and she motioned her student in. He had a book with him, something she wanted to tell him he didn't need, and the teen was about to actually say that when he mentioned following a recipe.

She sort of....didn't really want to do that but if he was the one doing it then she could get by on just giving advise here and there right? She totally wasn't going to have to read the accurate measurements for things, right? It didn't matter since she didn't know what they were making anyway, seeing as Jason hadn't said anything, so she kept a smile on her face. "We'll follow yer lead entirely. What was it ya wanted ta be makin'?"

Ofelia really hoped it was something....super easy.

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm
"I was thinking we could try making some fried rice." Jason explained as he opened up the book to show to Ofelia. "It looks like a simple recipe, though I might need help preparing some of the ingredients." He looked a little awkward then. "Like cutting the vegetables into smaller pieces, I've never been..very good at using a knife."

Jason was silently praying that Ofelia would not pick up on this.

Rown
We can base the recepie of this? or we could find another lol idek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm
Ofelia could do fried rice. She could do fried rice and then some because it was easy and why not? When the book was opened she looked at the image and the words, thankful that she could actually understand everything there and nothing was like....super written in a way she would have to fake through, and a grin was given to Jason as she nodded and motioned for him to get started. "Yer talkin' bout mincin' right, or jus' properly slicin' things? Either way there are tools they got fer the good chop now, but Ah'll show ya how ta peel an' what not too."

She started over to the sink and looked around for supplies. "First, first though - ya need ta check an' see if we got everythin' needed ta make stuff. After all portals have been down a while, trouble will start soon."

poke mattix
*bookmarks because that looks delicious* > ___ >

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm
Mincin? What did she mean by that? Either way, it looked like he was about to find out how to do mincin, and peeling as well. "That would be great, thanks." Jason replied, now intrigued that there was technology that helped you cut things in the kitchen.

When asked to check for the ingredients, the moon trainee nodded, glancing at the book once more before he moved around the kitchen on his quest to find the produce. "Okay...first we need the rice, the vegetables...." It didn't take long to find said items, the rice being stacked away in a cupboard while the vegetables were nearby. The fridge also contained the peas and the eggs, as well as the meat.

"I wonder what is taking them so long to bring the portals back on-line..." he mused out loud as he found the rest of the ingredients, setting them on the counter.

Rown
ROFL! XDD it does look yum owo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:09 pm
"Maybe one'a the hunters who was responsible fer it died or sommin'?" That was a complete and total possibility given the nature of Deus and everything they did within. There was also the possibility that whomever was responsible was still alive but totally just being a lazy jackass. Deus seemed to have tons of those to spare which was weird considering what they did.

The supplies were all properly there, at least in terms of the food, and Ofelia looked it over. Plenty enough for the two of them to eat, plus everything seemed to still be fresh enough they need not worry. "Okay now that ya got the ingredients out, its important ya check 'em over ta make sure everythin' looks good. Like the rice isn't peppered wit' anythin', the meat is fresh, stuff like that. Also, get out all yer cookin' supplies - the utensils - an' place 'em in the order yer gonna need 'em."

There was an order to all things, really, and the teen couldn't help but be pleased that someone was going to get working. It wasn't like she was slacking either, making him do all the work, because the redhead was looking over the recipe and trying to see what the hell it meant in its measurements. Stupid books being so stupidly technical.

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 am
"That.....could be possible." There was a moment of sadness, hearing those words and knowing that in all likelihood it was probably true. Jason did his best to push away the depressing thought. There was a chance it could have been a completely different reason.

With the items all accounted for, he began the task of checking the food to make sure it was edible. It wasn't something he thought would have to be done, but given they had just been discussing the lack of portals, there was a chance their food could expire. Though in this case their food appeared healthy and edible. And there wasn't anything in the rice either.

"Utensils...okay...we need a wok, chopping board, knives...ah, no wait we need two chopping boards, since we're handling meat and vegetables and we don't want to contaminate them." He looked rather pleased with himself at remembering the rules about handling uncooked meat.

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:35 pm
"Good, good, yer doin' good. What is there ya need from me unless yer unsure of how ta start? It seems like ya got everythin' tagether, checked over yer food, an' ya know what stuff ya need ta get started wit'." Had he been doing some studying during the time apart, or else was Jason a fast learner? Ofelia had high hopes for him, he seemed to know what he was doing, and he was also really interested in getting cooking right.

It made her like him quite a bit, seeing him be so eager. Maybe they would be able to meet more outside of lessons, to talk.

Or not really, because she had lots of things to do.

"Once ya get everythin' tagether, go ahead an' talk out how ya plan ta get started. Ah'm here fer support the entire way, unless ya wanna have me makin' it at the same time side by side?" Both people cooking the same meal could work if they had enough food, and usually wasn't that how someone taught someone something? She knew she needed to show him at least how to mince and chop, but what from there?

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:51 pm
"Well, I am a little unsure as to what I should do first..." Jason mused as he set down the two chopping boards. While he had done a little study on the matter, the moon trainee knew that practice made perfect, and reading up on it would only get him so far.

"Umm...right...I think I should cut the vegetables? Or maybe I should put the water on first so it can boil..." He looked at the wok with a hint of confusion. Weren't you supposed to cook rice in hot water?

He looked at Ofelia a little sheepishly "Would we be able to cook two meals at the same time? Because that would be great. I still need a lot of help when it comes to these things...I'm good at reasoning and thinking things logically, but implementing them is another thing." He said out loud while he tried to apply said logic to cooking with a wok.

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm
Ofelia looked at the amount of food they had, back at Jason, and nodded her head to his question. It was an easy enough recipe to follow, even if some of the wording and measurements confused her, and it was certainly in her best interests to learn things as she went anyway. It was her turn to gather supplies, she did it quickly thanks to seeing what all was set out (and there being like two of almost everything) and soon she took a spot at the stove directly across from Jason. "The plan is, yer gonna make what Ah eat an' yer gonna eat what Ah make. It's important ta do that so ya dun think ya can screw up an' get away wit' eatin' yer own nasty cookin' - yer feedin' me."

Fried rice was something easy, right? Both of them couldn't possibly screw up, right? After all Ofelia had made fried rice before but not with this recipe. Things always were good for a change, right? "The first thing ta do is get the rice cookin'. Ya gotta figure in cookin' times fer everythin' if ya want it all done on time. What takes longer ta properly brown - veggies or meat?" A pop quiz!

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:03 pm
Ohhhh bugger, Ofelia was going to eat his cooking. He would of preferred to eat it himself save he did screw it up, but sadly he wouldn't get the chance to. He would have to make sure the recipe was right, or end up making the sun hunter gag. Not something he wanted to do at all.

But now at least he had a direction to take. Start with the rice first. A easy enough thing, as rice was apparently one of the easiest things to cook. "R-right, I think rice takes about..." He then stopped, the sudden question catching him off guard. Jason had no idea which would take longer, nor if browning was just another term for cooking it properly or something else.

"Uhh...um, meat would?" Meat always took a long time to cook, right?

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm
"Yup, ta properly get meat cooked all the way it tends ta have ta cook longer unless we're fryin' it an' then it's sliced thin?" If that was the case then maybe cooking the meet in with some of the veggies would be best, at least for the ones that needed fried first? She needed to look at the recipe because in all honesty? She had no idea of the steps and making it from whatever she felt wouldn't be a good idea to someone learning.

So, biting the bullet, she looked at the piece of paper that had the recipe written on it. And promptly got herself lost and confused.

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 am
"That makes sense" Jason replied, sighing in relief that he had gotten his first guess right.

However, as he watched Ofelia check up on the recipe book, he felt there was...something wrong. Nothing major, just a inkling of a feeling that the sun hunter was struggling with something. How had he come to this conclusion? She was looking very uncomfortable reading the book.

"Um...are you alright?" He asked the sun hunter.

Rown

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces