Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Burning Down the House [ Ofelia + Marcus ] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:22 pm
She found his house, she found his key, and Ofelia was inside the building before she knew was happening. The key was tossed on the floor, the lights in the kitchen were turned on, and just like every single bit of her rage during the time with Jordan things were starting to get thrown.

It didn't matter that this wasn't her home (though she did leave the food alone, food was precious) but everything else she could get her hands on was fair game for the throwing. Bowls, cups, anything that wouldn't shatter as she flung it at the walls and the floor. A knife thunked hard into the wall of the kitchen, sticking out as the blade wedged itself into the wood paneling, and as it wriggled in the air the teen just abandoned the mess she made and went upstairs.

When Marcus returned home he'd find the kitchen trashed, all the lights off, and Ofelia sitting (while wrapped in a blanket) in front of the stove. The glow from the heating element was all that illuminated her face.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 pm
He expected a fair bit of damage. Ofie was a sun hunter and after long days of repairing the things sun hunters broke it had become second nature to him to begin to assume they were default set to just plain breaking things. House dark the only glow from the kitchen had him investigating.

A mess, but things were intact, more or less. Ofie didn't look like she had hurt herself and the hunter didn't see any food mess.
Small blessings, he'd just have a few patches to do. "Hey." Walking over, he left the stove on, crouching next to her. "Feeling better?"  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm
"No." Ofelia's reply was quick, blunt, and she pulled the blanket closer around herself. She'd pulled her hair back so the warmth from the stove could hit her face, and somewhere along the way she'd tossed eye eye patch and allowed the empty socket to be filled with the orange glow. She inched closer too as Marcus knelt down, closer to the stove and not to him, and soon she was almost leaning against the warmth.

After a few moments of silence, and Ofelia nearly placing her head against the stove front, she decided to speak.

Ofelia was always so eloquent.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 pm
He sighed, looking at the glowing stove. This was a bit dangerous, leaning into it and all. Still, if it was helping her... He wasn't paying a bill at any rate. Her eye got a small glance, nothing more. She'd popped the fake eye out once before. He could deal.

"Well to be honest I wouldn't do that. Judging by who's been trading spit I'd say that at least two of them are carries for some type of runic herpes. Better to just hope they pull their heads from their assholes. Maybe realize that in the grand scheme their s**t isn't worth ruining other people's days with."

He might have reached the level of no ******** given, but that didn't mean others had or could. "One day we'll be able to have a nice dinner. Until then... Have to just have to deal with dicks and pissing in Cheerios."

He leaned back, orange glow and heat feeling a bit too warm for him. "What happened back there? All I was treated to was the table shenanigans."  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:39 pm
"What happened is people are douches an' Ah wanted ta be left alone an' Melvin was botherin' me an' Rep is his usual assface self an' ******** me even carin' 'bout anyone. Ah shoulda let him bleed ta death on the floor an' walked over his corpse." Ofelia didn't mean any of what she was saying, not at all, but it felt so much easier to get it off her chest.

She would have never left Rep there to die no matter what he'd done to her in the past. She would never leave anyone to die, regardless of who or what they were.

It was tempting though, at the back of her mind where Rue swam freely in her thoughts and emotions.

Also Ofelia only cursed when upset.

It was clear she was upset, and she leaned against the stove. Her shield hissed, sizzled, but held strong.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 pm
He let out a hum. She was angry, and he didn't blame her. She was under a lot if stress. They all were. Silently as she leaned forward, he was there to gently pull her back, arm wrapping around her shoulder in a half hug. "Sorry I wasn't much help back there. Just... Trying to deal. Things keep piling up and well. I feel like they've just begun to explode." A sigh he tried to encourage her to lean back, not forward.

"Did you get a chance to eat at least? I doubt it but-" Worth asking.  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:03 pm
"Ah didn' get ta eat anythin' an' ta be honest Ah'm not hungry. Plus Ah wouldn'a wanted ta eat there anywhere, the moment they got out the booze Ah was done wit' that s**t." Ofelia disliked crowds where she felt awkward and she disliked awkward crowds full of alcohol way, way more. Marcus's attempt at kindness almost had her shoving him away but she just leaned against him instead, allowing him to keep his arm intact on her shoulder.

His apology was unneeded though so maybe she needed to reassure him of that. "No, yer fine. S'not like a could'a stopped the asses from drinkin' an' carryin' on. Now Melvin's all pissy at me 'cause Ah didn' wanna deal wit' it an' stomped off on mah own when Rep went an' stabbed his hand full'a glass." Ofelia spoke and sighed, this time actually leaning into Marcus as a sign she was either giving up or was becoming a little more accepting of his affection at the moment. "Why is this island full'a batshit people? An' here Ah am always worryin' that Ah'm the one who's crazy an' then people go off an' do stuff like this."

Nearby one of the knives began to wobble as its hold in the wall weakened.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 pm
Made sense and he couldn't hold any of it against her. Drunks were well, drunks. Some people were better off sober. A lot of them being hunters. "Still, you know me Ofie, I told you I'd be there for you. Even if its not about your weapon, I'm still here you know?" Marcus smiled before looking around them. She'd really done a number. Ah well he'd clean it later.

Content to lean back from the heat and glow of the stove Marcus figured that it was probably best to linger a while longer. "People get pissy over dumb things. Remember the Arctic mission? I was pissed when someone cut one if our only good tables in half." He sighed. "But I can't change it. I get over it with time, I try not to let it effect my work or become hostile about it. What they're doing... It's hostile, it's setting themselves up. In the end they just are going to hurt themselves and each other."

He felt a bit sad really, that they couldn't even go through one dinner like adults.
"I mean it says a lot when Otto is the most mature guy on the room. But I guess. I'm here for you Ofie, and you're free to ******** up my kitchen if you need to."  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm
"Uh.....no actually, Ah dun remember the arctic mission? Ah was there, fresh from bein' let outta the hospital after Rep got me an' so much'a it's a blur. Sorry." That whole thing was a a spot she couldn't recall other than just trying to stay alive? Was that also the mission she had flower growing from her chest? Man, they all started to blend together after a while and that was sad. Maybe she'd need to start keeping a journal or something to keep track of it all before she just started assuming everything happened all at once. "Sucks though that someone smashed a table - those things are heavy an' ain't cheap."

The whole incident with Rep round 2 and Killzone let her know about the weight of tables but she didn't need to talk about that right now. Instead the teen simply pulled the blanket closer about her body, snuggling more into it. She needed to get a nice blanket for her room, all she had was the one that came on the bed she was sleeping on and that was that.

"Ah'm glad yer not mad Ah messed yer kitchen, Ah tried not ta toss food since well yanno portals, but Ah shouldn'a acted so childish anyway. It's easiest fer me ta get pissy an' throw things, Ah really need ta work on that. At least Ah didn' break out one'a yer windows like Ah'd been plannin' to." The redhead admitted her thoughts which...maybe her violent outbursts were a lot worse than people thought. She had some control over them, sure, but if she felt like breaking a window just because then maybe she needed to be a little more careful. Or not get angry in front of people. "Ah'm also glad yer always there fer me but what about yer own stuff? Ah...heard what Cass did, an' where she got sent to."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:08 am
Marcus gave a shrug. It was in the past. His only regret was that he didn't hit the moon trainees hard enough. At her telling about her outbursts- "You do this kind of thing often? I mean I know you like to run in an disobey orders, but I mean, breaking things for the sake of breaking them?" Marcus was no Killzone, but he was aware that wanting to break things was unhealthy if she did it often.

"The moons often fix stuff for the sun hunters. Could ask Allan if there is someplace on the island where you can... Do that... Sun thing. Personally I'd say try working out at the gym. Endorphins are damn great once you get them going."

As the conversation shifted to himself, Marcus sighed. "It's better. I managed to see her for our anniversary and we've been in contact. Just waiting for her to get home. Then... Looking forward to our wedding." Her shoulder got a squeeze. "Still up for baking the cake?"  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 am
"No, Ah dun always get angry so Ah dun always wanna break stuff. Ah try hard ta keep mah temper in check, Ah really do, but when Ah get annoyed sometimes Ah jus'. . .snap. Really sorry 'bout it." She sounded like she meant it but with Ofelia's track record of meaning half of what she said anyone could take it all with a grain of salt. The way Marcus was talking made it sound like she had some kind of condition and that irked her. . . but not enough to merit anything more than a small twitch at the corner of her empty eye. "Ah'll clean all'a this up an' clean this blanket too b'for Ah go, so ya dun have ta worry 'bout it."

That was all she had to say on that, all she was going to say on that, and the conversation would then forth be stuck on him and Cass. Talking about herself was boring, tiresome, and she hated herself. What more was there to know. "Okay good, glad ya got ta see her an' yes - Ah still wanna make yer cake. Hopefully we'll get portals back soon so Ah can get stuff. This lack'a bein' able ta go anywhere Ah think is also what's tearin' people up 'round here."

All work, no play? Deus Ex Island became a hotbed for horror.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 am
Marcus just lifted up a cracked plastic plate. Well, it was plastic. And not microwaveable anyway. No big loss. "It's just a bit.... Sunish. I suppose it's the moon in me. See broken things assume the worst is happening." A low him, he looked at her bundled up. He had to admit, he was amazed she didn't melt with all the heat. "Don't worry about the blanket. I have to do laundry anyway. Kitchen... Not going to lie, that would be nice. Spend all day cleaning don't really want to do it what I get home. And Cass isn't here to pick up after me. She tends to be the cleaner." A hint of sadness he got up, turning off the stove, orange glow fading.

Shutting the oven door he held out a hand for Ofelia. "I'm glad. Come hell or high water I planned to marry that woman, and I'll be damned before I give up on our wedding. Cake included." He smiled a bit. "We should get that soon enough. I mean, if they don't we're going to run out of supplies and go stir crazy. Well some already are but that just shows who's a little more mentally tougher than others. Discounting weapons be ******** insane dicks." He motioned to her. "How about Rue? She giving you trouble still?"  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 pm
As Marcus turned the oven off Ofelia let out an audible chirp of unhappiness and almost reached for his hand, either to stop him or make him turn it back on, but she stopped herself and just pulled the blanket closer around her features. The fire made her feel warm, she felt cold after getting so angry. It didn't matter that it was sweltering outside, inside she was freezing. Also whenever she sulked it made her rather unhappy to have her source of enjoyment taken, and her eyebrows bent themselves downward.

She felt like ignoring him, pouting in the way her childish self was acting, when he asked her about Rue. She could always talk about Rue to Marcus because he believed her, not like Harrison or Melvin or anyone else who always seemed to skeptical. Marcus and Jordan had seen what Rue did, would do, and was. It was a little bit of relief to say she could trust them. "After she came back, she dun talk ta me anymore - she jus' screams. It's only when she's summoned out, an' we're fightin' or jus' standin'. Any other time she's silent as a grave."

Ofelia took the hand that was offered, but only as she pulled the blanket closer around her body. In the fading light of the stove her wounds, both old and new, seemed to be glowing on her body.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:16 pm
-The chirp just got a look of ‘Now now you had your fun, but this is over.’ Listing to Ofelia talk about Rue, he gave a pause of consideration. “A bit like Dis then. Acting the part of petulant child. Ah and-“ The Vampire stirred in the back of his head, hardly happy with him. “I’m not sure how aware you are of what transpired between me and Dis, but the basic thing in he drove me a bit… insane. Aside from the ambient fog s**t, Dis was vying for control and won out. Right now he’s put us in… a precarious position. If I lose control I’ll likely not survive on a mission like that again. And I certainly can’t trust him to have my best interests at heart anymore. He might not scream at me, but silent? He hisses. He makes his demands. Demands I am refusing to fulfill.” A sad shake of his head, he knew it was only a matter of time before Dis boiled over.

“They claim to be grown, adults, but they are children. She screaming when you fight is likely to try and distract you. Effective to a point. Once you tune her out, her voice will be like white noise.” A small smile, Marcus motioned for Ofie to follow him out of the kitchen. “If you can turn her screams into white noise? Well then Rue, you’re just going to give Ofelia and edge over you.” This to the weapon he had no doubt was listening in. “That will likely be your job Ofie. You’ll have to train your mind to tune out her screams, but, to remain open to her words. If she begins insults? You can train your brain to filter those out to. It’s what I had o do with Dis and some of his.. crude commentary early on.”  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:39 pm
White noise? Ignore it all? Hardly. "The silence is scarier than the screams. Ah grew up listenin' ta noise in the barn so when stuff goes quiet it makes me uneasy. Rue knows that, Ah think, an' her screams durin' summonin' is probably jus'...how she talks now? Ah dunno, Ah feel like Ah'm makin' excuses fer an abusive spouse." Maybe she really was because that was what it sounded like? Felt like? Marcus seemed to understand though so she didn't try to sugar coat it or take anything back from it.

It was funny though how he tried to address his weapon. "Ah'm sure if she was speakin' ta me right now she'd probably want a message along the lines'a '******** off' ta be passed over. Rue stopped likin' both'a ya the day ya helped me outta that kitchen." That was all too true since Rue had left Ofelia know that night as they tried to sleep. The sheer hatred, the sheer venom, it had bruised into her skin long after the golems were deactivated and Rue had returned to being a voice in her head. The teen had worn her jacket over her arms for a few days after that, not that anyone would have cared or noticed.

The teen did follow as he moved out of the kitchen, not sure where they were going. The kitchen had been warm, she was cold now, and he was poking at a subject she didn't want to talk on. Maybe she'd need to trash things a little more to properly calm down.

iStoleYurVamps

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces