Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I need to speak with you."

The stag's voice comes low at Shortened Way's left shoulder; the voice is a rumble, not unlike stones shifting over sand. Shortened Way will immediately recognize the voice as belonging to his father, and if he turns to look, Walks Without Rhythm will be standing behind him and to the side.

They stand on a promontory overlooking the borderlands. From here, one can see where the scrublands give way to the lush sea of grass that mark the plains where the kiokote make their home. Their shadows stretch out to the very end of the cliff; Slide takes a step forward and suddenly his shadow is headless. He regards his son with one deep-set blue eye, looking sideways at him; it is a familiar expression. He tends to look at all of his children this way. The only persons exempt from that searching gaze are Meets-the-Sea and, somehow, Set Apart.

"Your mother and I will be leaving soon. I will need you to watch over the twins." All of the twins. He knows intimately that as soon as he leaves Terrible Purpose will assert some dominance over everyone else -- he also knows that the new set of twins will attempt to buck that trend. Slide has formed an intense, if private, dislike of Red Viper and Sand Snake.

"Do you think you are up to the task?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm
User Image

Shortened Way is silent for what seems like a very long time; if Slide did not know him so well, the stag might think his son had not even heard his question. This tendency toward thoughtfulness and silence is one inherited from his father, along with a strong resemblance to the buck that Slide had once been -- Shortened Way is all lean, wiry muscle and sandy, windblown hide.

When the buck finally answers, it is without turning his head -- he continues to stare out over the waving grasses that mark the edge of the kiokote plains as he speaks. "I will watch." He turns his head sidelong to look at his father, glowing eye to glowing eye. "I may not be enough to keep them under control." He tilts his head in thought, a very Meets-the-Sea-esque gesture. "Desert Spring will help, if I ask." He does not mention his half-sister's increasing tendency to spend long days away from the cave complex that the Borderwalkers call home, returning only briefly to deliver food that she and her wolf, Water Hunter, have gathered before setting off again. Slide knows this. The dynamics of the tribe are beginning to change, and Spring can feel it -- and is increasingly unsure what her role is among the more vociferous and controlling of her half-siblings.  

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm
"Of course she will." Desert Spring is as good a daughter as any kin could hope for. Slide is fond of both Desert Spring and Many Voices, his two children from what he thinks of as his life before Meets-the-Sea. "And Many Voices will help, of course. It would be wise to find them now."

Find them: because not only does Desert Spring leave for weeks at a time, her sister goes with her. Many Voices has not been seen in the vicinity of the cave system in almost a full moon's turn. Perhaps she is troubled by the voices inside of her head -- it is hard to tell, even with Swamp-given powers. Slide snorts, shakes his head, and tosses his hair back out of his eyes. "If you cannot find them, I will send Spice, or I will go myself."

Slide, heartened otherwise by Shortened Way's immediate acceptance of this task, switches his tail behind him and then adds, "Or should I leave Spice here, to help you corral the twins? I suspect you may need teeth to deal with the two snakes." Or perhaps Shortened Way will grow wise and learn to set the two sets against one another. "Speak to your sister. Set Apart will help you with that."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:44 pm
Shortened Way turns his golden glowing eyes to his father's blue ones and they stand there for a few moments in silence, merely looking -- as if unspoken messages were being relayed from father to son simply through their glance. With a deep exhalation of breath, Shortened Way nods, looks away. "Send Spice to find them, but take him with you after. Water Hunter will be sufficient. Perhaps get mother to call her cheetah in from the plains before you go." Meets-the-Sea had a few animal friends of her own, though most were scattered across the various places she made temporary homes in while on her wanderings. Sandrunner, the cheetah, occasionally made an appearance at the Borderwalkers' caves, and often accompanied Shortened Way on his wanderings.

"I have not seen Set Apart in many days, but she does not usually wander as far as Spring and Voices. I will find her." He closed his eyes and turned his head into the wind, feeling the sand that blew in from the deserts twisting in his hair. "The acha will help, if I ask." Seafoam Voices often accompanied Shortened Way on his walks, and he had grown fond of her. Her bubbly personality would certainly be a boon in the impending situation.  

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:37 pm
"Find her," says Slide, and then turns his great head back around and clucks his tongue. Some moments later a wolf -- dark-furred with its tongue lolling out of the side of its mouth, all perked-up ears and gently wagging tail -- appears at his side, and looks at Shortened Way with intelligent eyes. "I'll find the other girls."

That is the end of the conversation: Slide turns to do just that, and Spice looks at Shortened Way for a moment after, as if she tries to say something. Then she, too, goes.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:49 pm
It takes Shortened Way several hours to find his sister -- although he often travels far, he is not one to be hurried, and in his childhood adopted much of the arrhythmic, lilting stride of his father -- but find her he does, resting in the quiet solitude of a small oasis pond. It is not unusual for her to be found in places like this, as she often goes off for days to be on her own, but she and her quiet brother have an understanding with one another, and if Shortened Way comes across her in his wanderings they will sit together for a while in silence, enjoying each other's company.

This time, however, there is to be no such quiet companionship. "Set Apart," the buck calls from the edge of the sparse greenery as he reaches the borders of the oasis, his low voice rumbling. "Mother and Father are leaving." To take Little Island, newly pregnant, to her father's home in the Tidewalkers' territory away from her brother and sister, he didn't add, but he was -- like his father -- sparse with words. "We are worried about the twins." Both sets of them. "I may need you around the caves."  

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:34 pm
"You may, or you do?" Set Apart's eyes -- hard, observant, like two chips of flint in her face -- lift to him. It is unlike him to approach and immediately want something; this sudden flurry of action (though it seems restrained to an outsider) causes her to immediately get to her feet. She tips her head. "I'll come with you, if that's what you ask."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 pm
Shortened Way tilts his head, considering. "I may need your help, but I do wish to request at least your presence." He flicks his mane, a deliberate motion that causes sand to shake free from hair and hide. "Desert Spring and Many Voices have been called in as well. We may need to stand united against the snakes."  

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces