Submit

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 pm
Can I add a plant with no known medicinal use? Appleberries are Sorrel's favorite but she's never gotten around to testing the roots or leaves for medical value.
Come to think of it, I have yet to decide if appleberries are a plant like a strawberry plant or a bush like blackberries. I should think about this and decide soon.

Also, when I'm able to brain it I'll be tossing Sorr up there, she likes plants and is good with healing plants. Her garden has loads of things good to eat, with medicinal properties, can get you high and are poisonous if ingested.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm
The Cake Mage of Sheep
Can I add a plant with no known medicinal use? Appleberries are Sorrel's favorite but she's never gotten around to testing the roots or leaves for medical value. Come to think of it, I have yet to decide if appleberries are a plant like a strawberry plant or a bush like blackberries. I should think about this and decide soon.

Yeah, sure, why not. XD

Added some plants:
[] Snakeroot An upright plant that can grow to be very tall, they grow clumps of small white flowers. Often found in the dryer areas of the swamp, this plant is poisonous and prolonged exposure or ingestion can cause death. Despite this, the roots can be chewed into a mash that is useful in treating snake bites.
[❦] Willow The leaves and bark of willow trees can be chewed to relieve aches and fevers. Willow is essential and no healer/medic kin should be without it!
[❦] Nut Sedge These tall grasses grow along the banks of rivers, but can also grow in dry land. They can, and often do, grow taller than Kimeti. The stem has a unique triangle shape and can be eaten to treat nausea. The tubers of the plant that grow on the roots can be eaten or burned. The ashes of the burnt tubers help with bruises.  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Queen Kiriux

Shameless Nerd

14,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 pm
[[size=13]☉l[/size]][size=11] [b]lavender[/b] A tall, flowery stalk that grows in clusters. It has no known medicinal properties, but smells nice. It has a slightly crunchy texture when eaten.[/size]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 pm
[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/images/blue/woodspider-legendary_phoenix.gif[/imgleft]
WOOD SPIDER

[size=11]Wood Spider has a vast knowledge base of plants, both their medicinal uses and their earthier, more mystical uses for charms and trinkets.[/size]
[code]

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm
^^^
Added the above.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:39 pm
But lavender totally has medicinal uses! It's good for insomnia! ouo

These have been traditionally used to catch fish quickly and easily. XD Later I'll do some research and figure out which ones would be more common in a swamp for you to add to your list, but I figured it'd be good to share the page. :3

Code:
[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/images/abbacus/dreamtime_tia.gifl[/imgleft]
DREAMTIME

[size=11]Dreamtime likes to know things. His main interest is in the stories of Matope, which he has carefully transcribed in pictographs on the walls of his cave, but he also takes a more-than-passing interest in the practical uses of different kinds of plants, and openly shares his knowledge with any kin who ask.[/size]

tiarana//plot open

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 am
I'll add the insomnia thing for lavender! And omg Tia... that's so cool. *__* Thanks for linking the page, I'll try to dig some stuff up and add them to the directory!

Updated to here.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 am
Added some plants:
[] Horsetail Grows densely in shallow water or other places where water is slow or still. The plant is segmented into joints and hollow in the inside. Shoots are tough, but can be eaten when young. They can be used for scouring or for ulcers.
[] Marsh Marigold A plant with yellow flowers that grows best in shade. It flowers in the late spring and attract many bees. The plant is an irritant and can cause rashes.
[] Sweetflag A grass that has bright green blade-shaped leaves. The plant has a spicy-citrus smell and tastes sweet. Some believe it to have a hallucinogenic effect...  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm
[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/images/blue/risingflower_uncert.png[/imgleft]
Rising Flower

[size=11]Healer. If anyone or thing is hurt or sick, Rising will do his best to find a way to fix it. He is even willing to try the stuff on himself first, to make sure. Not the smartest way, but so far it has worked[/size]
[code]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 am
Updated to here!  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 am
Added some plants:
[] Deathcap A white mushroom. As it ages the cap will flatten and it gets lighter in the rain. It grows within a distinctive swollen, sac-like base. Beware, even a bite can mean death.
[] Milkweed This plant as a distinctive seed pod and a strong smell. It is named for the poisonous white juice inside the plant. If eaten in large quantities it will cause death, but otherwise exposure will only result in a rash.
[] Poppy A flower with four to six petals and colors ranging from red, to pink, to orange, to the occasional lilac. After flowering, the seeds within the seedpod can be used as powerful painkillers but it is quite rare in the swamp. Try looking in relatively dry places.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 pm
Added some plants:
[] Cat's-Eye A rare plant that can grow up to a Kimeti's knee. It has a clump of leaves around an erect stem upon which a clump of silver hairs and yellow-throated flowers grow. It is said it only grows where silver is in the ground below. Some say it can cure moonsickness.
[] Ignatia A tree that grows a fruit in the shape of a pear. It has a slightly waxy texture and is said that it can treat depression and grief.  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Mennykins

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:22 pm
[[size=13]✿[/size]][size=11] [b]Bleeding Crown[/b] A poisonous breed of mushroom that is only found at the mouths of caves in wet, humid areas. Eating one will cause swelling, blindness and in many cases, death. It is identified by its purple tip that fades to red with a white stalk.[/size]

[[size=13]✿[/size]][size=11] [b]Mire Root[/b] A root deep from the muck and mud of the swamp, difficult to find. Most noticeable from a single, thin white stalk that grows from the seed with small, plum-colored leaves. If eaten, it causes violent hallucinations, seizures and foaming of the mouth. Often, it is fatal. [/size]

[imgleft]http://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/images/rejam/rot_uncert.png[/imgleft]
Rot

[size=11]Rot is knowledgable in all things deadly- especially when it comes to mushrooms and other cave-dewlling species. She's also well-rounded on many water types, and various roots. She passes this knowledge on to those in her tribe.[/size]
[code]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 am
^ Added the above +
[] Tangle Thorn This thorny vine grows into ball-like clumps. Though getting to the roots unscratched can be quite hard, the roots themselves are a panacea. Chew for stomache aches, head aches, and general pain relief.  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

OOC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out