The Captain Britain
Rio spun in the moonlight, soft silver light casting flickering shadows onto the ground that twirled and danced as the leopardess moved. The dark of the night hid most of the body, leaving her colourful wings to stand out against her dark fur. Rio imagined herself as one of the butterflies, soaring swiftly and nimbly throughout the air.
She jumped, curving her back inwards and throwing her head back. Rio twisted as she landed, tail sweeping around with the movement like the ends of ballroom dress. The dancer bowed low, dipping the front of her body down and rolling the rest with it. She came back up slowly and gracefully, swaying back and forth before moving into another spin.
Dancing was a lot like hunting, Rio fancied. It took the same amount of precision, coordination, and strength. The grace of a good hunter was the same as that of a good dancer. One couldn't just rush in and do things on the fly either. No, one had to plan ahead, make careful decisions, and adapt their technique depending on the situation. Though dancing did not result in a fully belly and leftovers, the satisfaction Rio felt after a hunt was dull in comparison to how she felt after a good routine.

Tara de Draiocht
User Image The night was calm and cool just how Kiros liked it. Perfect for hunting and generally leaping from tree to tree, it was like a challenge. Nightvision was a wonderous thing. As he moved stray moon beams grazed his fur and made his rainbow markings glow in the darkness. Kiros paused on a tree branch to take a deep breath to scent the wind.

There were noises all around. Birds nesting, little creatures scurrying on the ground, and--huh? A female was around him. A feline, one that smelled... pretty good. Green eyes narrowed trying to see if he could spot the unknown female. He dug his claws into the tree branch not wanting to fall because of his focus on the female. Where...was she.

The Captain Britain
Rio jumped into another spin, twirling through the air as she finished the dance. The leopardess landed on her front paws and threw her body around in one last move, letting her back feet down slowly. The routine ended with a bow, her head dipped low towards the ground. Rio straightened up, lips twitching up into a smile as the breeze brought her the scent of a male nearby. So she had an audience, did she? Her pink eyes scanned the nearby treetops, but she couldn't see any other leopard. The dancer sniffed again, but didn't get anymore clues.
Rio sat down, tail curling around her paws. "Its rude to hide, you know." She called out as loudly as she could. "Especially when you are watching someone dance. Very rude. Come on out now." Rio coaxed, listening for the sound of the plants rustling. "I can smell you, you know."

Tara de Draiocht
Kiros started at the sudden sound of the female commenting about his hidden appearance. I guess the jig was up and there was no point staying hidden any longer. "Erm, sorry dudette didn't mean anything by hiding. You have some nice moves I have to say that." He spoke while stepping out into a stray moonbeam causin his markings as well as his eyes to glow. He was still in the tree tops so he had to stare down-ward. "Also, it looked fun. Where did you learn to do that? " He clawed at the trunk for a moment decided whether to stay in his position or land. Hmm. He may as well get closer and with that decision he gracefully lept down.

Her smell filled the surrounding area and cause his nose to twitch at the pleasant aroma. "I'm Kiros and I have it say it is very nice to meet you!" Once he closer he also noticed the markings on her pelt and boy was she a pretty one. The markings were colours like himself but... she had wings. Such lovely wings on her back. "I'll chance a guess that you aren't from around here. I don't think I could forget someone like you."

The Captain Britain
Rio whipped around at the sound of a male voice. Ah, so there he was! The leopardess gave him a small smirk, glancing over him as he stepped out into the moonlight. Like her, the stranger, Kiros, had rainbow markings. His, however, were all over instead of just in one place. Rio could just imagine how pretty he would look dancing, colours swirling as he moved like a vibrant tornado. It was a very nice image.
The dancer preened at his compliments. It was nice to know there were still those who appreciated the art of dance. "Dudette?" She giggled. "I do not know this word, but you may call me Rio." The leopardess began swaying back and forth, gracefully moving to circle the male in a slow dance. "This? This I learn from my mother, who learned from her mother, who learned from her mother." She stopped in front of Kiros, closer than she had been before. "But no, I am not, as you say, from around here."

Tara de Draiocht
He shuffled the ground at the sound of giggles, it was quite a lovely sound. "Yup! S'nickname." He was referring to the 'dudette' comment. "I like Rio better," He winked flirtingly vastly becoming enchanted with the female leopardess. "I see-" A charming grin spread across his face. "-Care to join me? I could use a bit of company for a bit and you seem like a lovely sort. Have you hunted yet? Maybe you could show me some of your moves." His last sentence was almost a question and he hoped she would say yes. She seemed somewhat fun, well, considering he had just met her... it was hard to tell. "There is a really nice waterfall around the area too, it makes for good times! Some fish too."

The Captain Britain
The dancer smirked, tail twitching at the wink. So this Kiros wanted company? Rio supposed she could tag along with this male. She did enjoy showing off her dancing skills, and a hard routine always spiked her appetite. Hunting didn't sound so bad right now. "I have not hunted, no, but some fish sounds quite delightful." Rio moved to stand next to Kiros, peering at him from out of the corner of her eyes. "You will show me the way to this waterfall, no? And then I will show you the ways of dance." Rio said with a wink of her own. She was starting to like this male. He certainly knew how to act around women. Plus he was forward, but not too forward, which Rio liked. Everyone liked the shy, quiet boys for their awkward quirkiness, but the leopardess preferred to be around those who were a little but more sure of themselves.

Tara de Draiocht
"But of course," He wiggled his eyebrows before letting out a rumbling purr/chuckle. "I will lead the way~ It's been sometime so bare with me. It just felt like the perfect time to suggest some water time." He boldly rubbed his tail against hers in a gesture to get her following him. Hey, it couldn't help to put himself out there and she seemed willing enough. Which was nice for a change as not many were interested in him because of his colouring. "Nice! Tit-for-tat, I like that." He almost facepalmed at the corny sentence rhyme. "I mean I know some moves and I've been told I'm graceful but it couldn't hurt to learn more!" The pace they set was not fast or slow, it was just rrrright. Enough time to chat and get to know one another. "Almost there, it should be--ah." He let out a pleased sound. "Here we are...what do you think?"

The Captain Britain
Rio suppressed a smirk as Kiros brushed his tail against her to get her moving. She padded alongside him lightly, pawd barely leaving tracks in the dirt. So this male already knew some moves? Rio giggled under her breath. She would see about that. "Already a dancer? Hmmm. Well, let us hope your moves can keep up with mine." She winked, nudging him softly. The leopardess fell silent for a few moments, content to just follow Kiros to wherever the waterfall was located.
The dancer's ears picked up the sound of rushing water. They must be getting close. She opened her mouth to ask how much further it was when the male announced that they had finally arrived.
Rio's mouth stayed open. It was beautiful. The waterfall ended in a small pool, ripples of the rushing water reflecting the light of the moon off of the surface. Fireflies danced along the top of the pond, hovering in the small meadow. The grass was soft and short, ground firm and not muddy at all. It was the perfect place to dance. "Well, Kiros, this certainly is a very nice place." She took a few steps into the area, twirling once in a complete circle. "How ever did you find this place?"

Tara de Draiocht
A frown flittered across his face trying to recall the exact memory before shrugging. "Just lucky I guess, it was really random. I met a lioness here once and then yeah... I don't know the place became a regular spot for me. A place of paradise." He grinned and wiggled his brows before leaping on to a low laying branch. "Come join me up here the best part is looking down and trying to catch any fish that jump from the water. Sadly they can be quite stupid sometimes." He began to purr out his happiness.

The Captain Britain
Rio chuckled, slowly padding over to the tree. "Well, it seems your random find turned out to be a treasure." It truly was beautiful. Perhaps she would stay a day or two in the area. She could just imagine how beautiful the place would be with the sun glittering on the surface of the water, bright gold and rippling. The leopardess leapt up to the branch and settled next to Kiros, brushing her fur lightly against his. "It is how fish were created. Show me a smart fish, Senor Kiros, and I will show you how to fly." Rio laughed, finishing off with a purr to match her new companion.

Tara de Draiocht
He liked her attitude sassy yet cute, playful yet serious. Her words ringing truth as he certainly did find a 'treasure' and a beautiful one at that. He felt his tail curl at the possibilities that could happen in future. The night was turning out to be the best one he had in ages and he wanted it to last forever. "Anything misses wants." He winked teasing before moving in closer for companionship and warmth. This was a perfect night for romance.

END