Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Cooking is so fun (Ofelia, Jason) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm
After a few days of much needed rest, Jason was up and moving again. Not enough that he'd want to practice fighting, but enough that he was growing bored of lying in his bed all day, so he decided to go and do something with his time.

The library was always a favorite haunt of his, where he could sit for hours and amuse himself with books. However on this day he had a specific purpose in mind. Not long earlier he had visit the cafeteria and found there wasn't much of a selection there, so he felt it was high time he did something about it.

It took a bit of time to find the section he wanted (and he was slightly amazed they had such a section, considering this library specialized in myths and legends and not...cooking.), he picked out a few books that held simple looking recipes, and went to find himself a seat so he could read up on the subject.

Rown
RPz for u

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 pm
Jason might not have noticed a figure in the library with him, seeing as she was hidden by a stack of books left on a table, but the faint sound of snoring was something that could not be mistaken as anything but. The redheaded Sun Hunter known as Ofelia had come in earlier with the intent to do some research, mostly on things like dreams and how to sleep better, but the end result was her just passing out on one of the tables.

There were not regrets there.

poke mattix
yay <3

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm
Having found himself someone to sit, he had just opened up one of the books when he noticed that there was a exisitng pile already on the desk, and they were snoring.

Or, more importantly, it was the person behind them that was snoring.

Intrigued, Jason leaned over to see who was behind the small fortress and found it was Ofelia, and upon closer examination of her reading material, she was had been reading about how to sleep.

...It seemed she was a very good learner.

Not wanting to bother the resting hunter, Jason went back to his current book, head resting on one hand as he read up on how to cook a roast dinner.

...Because, there was totally going to be a chicken lying around here that he could just use.

Rown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm
Ofelia was not your average sleeper though, she had a wonderful habit of moving, and no sooner had she decided to roll over in her dream than she did so in real life, taking down a mountain of books in the process. They scattered everywhere, loudly, and the teen jumped up with her weapon already summoned. She was ready to strike, ready to take down an enemy, though when the only thing she saw was Jason sitting across the table with a book in his hand she relaxed. There was no need to feel embarrassed, she was working on that, and so Rue was dismissed just as quickly as she'd come out.

"Oh...yer...uh...Jason? Yeah, Jason, hi. S'good ta see ya, how ya doin'?" She hadn't seen him since the spar, since she cracked his shield and dropped him off in the infirmary, so to look and notice he didn't appear worse for the wear as a small load off her conscience.

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:50 pm
Ofelia wasn't the only who had jumped. As soon as the books had hit the floor Jason had yelped, holding his own book up as a make shift shield from whatever it was that was going to attack him. He quickly realized though that he wasn't about to be killed off in a horsemen raid, and it was just the other hunter waking up.

"Hi!" Jason squeaked, then coughed into his hand to get his voice back to a normal octave. "Ahm. Hi, y-yeah, I'm good. I hope you're fairing well?" He still held up the book in his hand, a nice pink cupcake on the front displaying exactly what book he was reading.

"I'm...reading about food. Er, cooking food, to be precise"

Rown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:15 pm
Ofelia couldn't help it, seeing Jason so flustered, and she raised her hands to the side of her face and started to chuckle. At first it was soft, like a little school girl giggle, but soon it erupted into a belly laugh that had her biting her lower lip for control. Tears welled up in the corner of her eye and she sighed, wiping it away with the back of her hand before finally calming down. "Ahahaha, sorry jus'...yer voiced cracked an' Ah didn' think someone could get as surprised as Ah did." To show she was sorry she offered a gentle smile, something pretty rare, and she slowly started to gather up the books she dropped. After getting a few in her grip she dumped them on the table and took the time to answer his questions.

"Ah'm good, thanks fer askin'. Bein' workin' out a bit more, tryin' ta get mah legs inta better shape along wit' mah shoulders." She stacked another book. "Oh, that reminds me, didja still wanna learn how ta kick like Ah do? Ah'm always up ta teachin' ya, jus' give a holl - oh, food." He'd said something about food, more specifically the making of it, and the teen finished building her stack of books just in time to catch it.

If it was about food then he need not look further. "Is there sommin' in particular yer wantin' wit' the food, or jus' curious?"

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:55 pm
Oh boy, she was laughing. She really was laughing. Jason's face grew a deeper shade of red, and he focused his gaze back into his book to try and hide his embarrassment. He did hear her apologize, and his eyes appeared over the edge just in time to see her smile. "It's alright...I'm sad to say it happens more then I like to admit."

As usual, he did not respond to the taunts of his weapon and listened to Ofelia speak about what she had been up to."With the way you kick those dummies, I'd be afraid to see what would happen after you've improved." He replied, before looking a little nervous about being taught how to kick. "Er, perhaps some other time?"

He then settled down when the topic changed back to food. "Oh, well, I'm thinking about learning to cook my own meals more instead of relying on the cafeteria. Sometimes the food there isn't...that good. Plus it would be a nice distraction from missions and everything halloween related."

Rown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:11 pm
"Er really jus' bein' too nice, complimentin' me like that. From what Ah can see yer legs are nice an' long too, jus' gotta learn ta pivot on 'em." Ofelia had moved over closer to Jason and was looking him up and down, studying his body even though he was sitting. He did have a nice body and, from what she felt while punching with Rue, it was solid and well built. Everyone on the island seemed to be pretty healthy in that regard.

A tilt of her head to the side meant she was done looking, ready to get back to the task at hand, and she grinned at his mention of wanting good food. "Well, if yer lookin' fer a way ta learn 'bout cookin' Ah can teach ya that too. Bakin' an' cookin' is one'a mah personal favorite hobbies." She didn't want to really come out and say she was the one who made a lot of the food in the kitchens most of the time.

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:52 pm
If Jason was flustered before, he defiantly was twice as flustered now. Ofelia was looking him up and down and he wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Most women would harldy give him a second glance, not now..

His weapon knew exactly what to make of it however, and with some of his lewd suggestions about taking her up, he was making sure not to do anything of the sort.

"R-right..learn to pivot..." waiting for his face color to return to normal, he focused intently on the things she was saying about cooking. "If you could help me with some of the basics, that would be great. I'm not exactly a great chef, but I'm sure I'd be able to improve with your help."

Rown
LOL oh god if he found out Ofelia was doing most of the cooking Jason would feel HORRIBLE! XDDD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm
"Ah'd be more than happy ta give ya a hand." This was, probably, the first time someone had actually asked her for help rather than Ofelia just throwing herself at them to give them aide. It felt nice to be asked, like someone was depending on her, and she inwardly glowed with delight. Finally a chance to be awesome if she didn't get too carried away. "By learnin' the basics do ya mean ya wanna learn measurements an' stuff or jus' how ta make really easy, basic meals?"

There was actually a small bit of difference, and the teen tapped her finger to her eye patch as she thought about it. This guy was young, likely a bachelor (like so, so many on the Island), so nothing too fancy was in store.

poke mattix
he doesn't need to feel bad - she doesn't make the cafeteria food XD;;; those are other people, she makes it for herself and a few others. mostly she makes the desserts

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:17 pm
Ofelia's question prompted some thought from the moon trainee. In truth, he knew very little about cooking, so chances are he'd need help with...everything.

"Measuring out things shouldn't be to hard...I can usually follow the book." Jason thought out loud. "Though sometimes I can't tell what each utensil is...or what kind of ingredient they're talking about...or how to mix it properly..."

...Actually, cooking sounded real hard at this point.

"L-lets start with some simple meals" he said, laughed awkwardly at how much he really knew about the subject. "And...hope I don't burn down the building in the process."

Rown
OH! OKAY THEN It's all good then |D; herp a derp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:34 pm
"Well then, com'on." Ofelia reached over and held her hand out, willing to help Jason to his feet. He seemed so nervous about the kitchen that it was almost adorable, and she couldn't help but grin at him and his simple stammer over it. The kitchen was an amazing place, it helped her feel so much more at ease than anywhere else, so hopefully getting Jason there would do the same for him.

"Also, relax. Ah'll be there wit'cha from the beginnin' so if yer stressin' over sommin' ta make we can take it slow an' go fer a meal that the two'a us can share." She said and a light bulb popped on in her head. "Oh, that would work! Yer lessons will be makin' meals fer me an' ya ta eat, an' that way ya learn portion control too an' how ta make stuff quick an' easy. Whatcha think?" Aside from how she totally invited herself to his meal, not to mention future meals, the redhead felt like it was a good and fail idea.

poke mattix
XD

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm
Taking her hand, Jason was on his feet and following Ofelia towards where the kitchens were located, listening all the while to the teens proposition. (And still trying to ignore Zanth's attempt to make him look like a a**).

"Making meals you say?" He repeated, frowning at the thought. "I...suppose I could? I can't say how well they would taste at the start, though. But I can give it a try." He didn't see a problem with cooking for her as well as himself, considering she would be teaching him how.

Just as long as he didn't poison her in the process...

Rown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm
"Yer never gonna get good unless ya practice an' usually the best thing ta do is practice on someone who knows how ta cook. They can offer advice, keep ya motivated, an' plus it's always more fun ta not eat alone, right?" Ofelia winked (which totally looked like a blink with one eye covered) and they headed off towards the kitchen. The walk was easy, she was feeling good from all her running around outside, and when they got in she went over to the sink and washed her hands. A motion of her hand indicated for him to follow suite, and soon the teen had hers dried and was moving to sit at one of the counters.

"Okay, so, anythin' in mind ya wanna start wit'? Ah'm jus' here ta help ya get started, everythin' is best learned hands on. Ya can read all ya want but is a book gonna make yer meal? Nope."

poke mattix

Rown

Friendly Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm
Jason enjoyed the leisurely walk as well, though sadly he did not catch Ofelia's wink as she motivated him onwards. "Indeed, I'll be glad to have you helping me out. Hopefully I'll be able to make some great food for us."

Entering the kitchen, the moon trainee did as he was asked, removing his gloves to leave on the bench as he washed his hands vigorously. Once done, he looked around the kitchen for a idea of what he could start with.

He couldn't see anything that could give him a hint, so he started with the most easiest thing he could think off. "H-how about some eggs?"

...:"and bacon" He relented. There was a cheer in his head, although he didn't know why because weapons didn't eat anything.

Rown

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces