Welcome to Gaia! ::

Project Utopia

Back to Guilds

RP Guild for the B/C Pets of Project Utopia 

Tags: project, utopia, breedable, fantasy, roleplay 

Reply [Archives]
[Discussion] More than one character now or later?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 pm
Hello my dears!

Lural brought this idea to me and I want to hear your opinion about it.
Some of us (including me) are pretty busy some times more than others, and although we don't have the problem to be stuck in rp with our characters as we have the option to play more rpgs at the same time, she suggested that maybe it was a good idea to lower the requirements to get a 2nd child.

I have been thinking, with the slow pace of the rp at the moment it really is quite difficult to get a 2nd.
But there is also the problem that I am very busy and creating new characters takes a lot of time for me, as well as growths. you might have noticed some are already overdue.

So, If I would allow you to have more than one character at any time, giving you can afford it, I fear that we won't get any new players at all or fewer new people because existing players can buy the new additions to the herd.

What do you think?
Yay or Nay?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:15 pm
You could always still do "newbie-only" events to keep getting new blood into the shop. Sort of the best of both worlds. Current owners could get another kid, but there would still be some kids going to new people  

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:52 pm
That's an interesting idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 am
Since Sen already knows my stance on things, I'm not going to flail my massive support at this. But I do fully support being able to get a second sooner.

Newbie only events are always loads of fun. Then again, a lot of the utopia sales and auctions are already newbie only, since for the most part, we can only have one so far.

And I think that at least your current fanbase of shop goers already know you have a busy schedule, and are totally understanding when it comes to life before utopia.  

Lural

Vice Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

ashes to the wind

Salty Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm
I agree with what Niki said. You can focus on newbie-only events, but give some perks to those who have stuck around and being active with being able to get their second character sooner. Like Lural said, we all know life comes before utopia.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 am
Hmhm, I'll think about it and if nobody else throws in something, I'll make a decision tonight I guess.

But I believe allowing more than one character and doing newbie events sometimes is a good idea.... hm  

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:43 am
I'm all for more than one character uwu b  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm
I'm also for the mix of making it easier should current players like to opt to try for a second character and having newbie-focused events. ^u^

Perhaps another possible way to assist promotion for more new players joining in is that a raffle/auction event could have an opening period of time where only newbies can buy tickets or bid for themselves and/or current players could also buy tickets for newbie friends or bid for newbie friends. Then when the opening period of time (ex. first few days/week/other) passes, the raffle/auction would be open to participation of non-newbie players who would like to opt to try for another character to play. c':  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200