Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Etsy Showoffs~

Back to Guilds

A meeting place for Etsy sellers, and buyers to make connections. 

Tags: Etsy, crafts, online sellers, creative, shop 

Reply ~Etsy Showoffs~
Gift Cards?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thief rikku5

Generous Hoarder

8,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:21 am
Curse the fact that I'm such a bimbo when it comes to technology. sweatdrop

I have googled and googled, but I think I'm all googled out.

How do you accept gift cards for your shop? I have been trying to look for information about it, but I can't seem to find any. I know it's a relatively new thing though...

dramallama  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 pm
thief rikku5

How do you accept gift cards for your shop? I have been trying to look for information about it, but I can't seem to find any. I know it's a relatively new thing though...

dramallama

What gift cards are you talking about? the ones that show up on Etsy? You could get gift cards for your own business but it is an expense and you do need to have a swipe commercial credit card.  

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:56 pm
thief rikku5

dramallama

This is for Etsy gift cardsf:
http://www.etsy.com/help/article/3292

1. Gift cards from Etsy- to be used as a method of payment for any seller on Etsy (WHO ACCEPTS Direct checkout form).

2,Direct checkout form - Is when you accept credit card payment also. When you do this your Etsy is connected to your bank account and the money is given to you after you ship the item. The money takes about 4 days to enter your bank account (after you make the item, pay for shipping and ship the item). *** this part was especially hard for me in the beginning***

3. To access and request direct shop payment: On the top right you will see YOUR SHOP. Click on it and the drop down menu should say something like shop payment account or something like that. Mine is set up with this so I don't remember what it looked like before.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am
spoofete
thief rikku5

dramallama

1. Gift cards from Etsy- to be used as a method of payment for any seller on Etsy (WHO ACCEPTS Direct checkout form).

2,Direct checkout form - Is when you accept credit card payment also. When you do this your Etsy is connected to your bank account and the money is given to you after you ship the item. The money takes about 4 days to enter your bank account (after you make the item, pay for shipping and ship the item). *** this part was especially hard for me in the beginning***

3. To access and request direct shop payment: On the top right you will see YOUR SHOP. Click on it and the drop down menu should say something like shop payment account or something like that. Mine is set up with this so I don't remember what it looked like before.

Ok, thank you so much! I'm still kind of iffy on the Direct Checkout thing though... I have been debating on whether or not i should do it. Has it helped your business at all? Has it been easier?  

thief rikku5

Generous Hoarder

8,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 pm
thief rikku5
Ok, thank you so much! I'm still kind of iffy on the Direct Checkout thing though... I have been debating on whether or not i should do it. Has it helped your business at all? Has it been easier?

Personally I use the direct checkout because I don't have a business Paypal. I do need to set one up with in the next week, because I will be hosting a jewelry and gift sale out-of-town.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 am
thief rikku5
spoofete
thief rikku5

dramallama

I actually started that about 2 weeks ago and I've probably already gotten at least 5-6 sales using direct checkout. It draws people who don't want to use PayPal for their transaction. Especially now for the holidays, you may have a lot of "one time" etsy buyers, where they're just looking for a gift and just want to use their credit/debit card and be done. Also, the funds do go directly to your checking account after a few days for the transaction. It's nice because it skips the act of telling PayPal to send the money to your account. I feel that for the holidays, it's a good idea. smile  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

thief rikku5

Generous Hoarder

8,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:54 pm
aufdeutsch
thief rikku5
spoofete
thief rikku5

dramallama

I actually started that about 2 weeks ago and I've probably already gotten at least 5-6 sales using direct checkout. It draws people who don't want to use PayPal for their transaction. Especially now for the holidays, you may have a lot of "one time" etsy buyers, where they're just looking for a gift and just want to use their credit/debit card and be done. Also, the funds do go directly to your checking account after a few days for the transaction. It's nice because it skips the act of telling PayPal to send the money to your account. I feel that for the holidays, it's a good idea. smile

Oh! I didn't even think about that! That's a good reason to do it.  
~Etsy Showoffs~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games