[PRP] A Meeting of All Time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 pm
Gormlaith watched as her ship sailed closer and closer to Zatao. The shore line was just becoming visible and soon her 'new' life would begin. Her whole story of coming here to become a coordinator due to pressure from her mother and to get away from said pressure was a perfect cover for why she was really here. Her real job of being a scientist/tech support for Team Galactic was why she was here. She turned from the view in time to see some younger guys clearly checking her out and looking ready to come chat with her. She coldly stared at them sending them the message she wasn't interested. She then returned to her room to get ready for her meeting later.

It was a while before the ship finally docked and when it did, Gormlaith was one of the first ones off. She had a meeting to attend and was impatient to get off the ship. She quickly walked through the streets of Katarina barely taking in any of the sights. She soon stopped at a small cafe and walked in. It was clearly a cafe for coordinators and was showing a re-run of a competition. Showing on the screen was a lady named Mrs. Claramay Pearls along with a Pikachu. Gormlaith took a seat and watched. The other person was supposed to show up sometime soon. However headquarters failed to give a description of the person or even a name, just said that they were similar in some ways which was not very helpful.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm
Cetus, despite her guise's unusually preppy style, wore a discomposed frown upon her face. A small while ago, higher-ups sent a simple and straight-laced e-mail giving her an even simpler command:

A recruit will soon reach Zatao. Greet her at XXYY at ZZ:ZZ hours.

The message, received quite too late (the WiFi of her rented apartment sucked), left her barely any time to throw on something, well, persuading. Cetus, master of disguise she claims herself to be, went as natural as possible. A lack of a picture or even a name pissed the known coordinator off, but if she couldn't locate them, finding her would be incredibly easier. Her regular face was known to the world as Mrs. Claramay Pearls. A careful name unlike her real one, her face was the only way to identify her as a Galactic grunt. Everything -- from her history to her actual personality -- was doused under a torrent of lies. The grunt favored fame over her job any day and it was known by letting her features run free.

Cascading into the eatery, Cetus was suddenly bombarded with a plethora of coordinators alike; some unfortunate losers to become fans, others thick-browed faces who frowned in her presence. Both love and dislike were shown and with it, a throng of questions and insults that whirred her head. The grunt was unsure what to make of the crowd. Grunts were meant to be discreet, but was her to-be acquaintance suppose going along with the crowd? Psychologically, it made sense. But, discreetness was the key to standing out in the crowd. Going with the flow showed observation, not a key sign to be located. To remedy her situation, she slid aside and nudged her Liepard before her.

The large feline hissed offensively, driving off the group. Falling to her usual Claramay ways, the grunt shifted a hand to her cheek and chuckled lightly. "Oh, oh, my apologies," she sang as she pulled out her heartstrings and fiddled a modestly threatening tune. "Shea gets defensive when others get too close. Please stay away if you don't want to get hurt!"

As the group fell back, dispersing with a slight tinge of fear, Claramay pulled out her communicator and set it on respond. Hers, tripped out a bit more than the standard issue Team G radios, could send out signal contacting any nearby members. It wasn't a surprising addition (others received the upgrade after a bit of fine tuning), but it was the only way she knew how to obtain a lead.  

radish

Crew

Tiny Creature

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 pm
Gormlaith's attention was drawn from the t.v. when a large crowd formed. She quickly recognized the voice as the one shouting out commands on the t.v. Interested she turned to see Mrs. Claramay Pearls walk in and get bombarded with people. She nearly smirked when the Liepard scared everyone off. Clever of her to use her pokemon as a shield from all the attention. Or at least that's how Gormlaith saw it.

She was about to dismiss Mrs. Pearls when she felt a small vibration. Her communicator had just buzzed announcing that someone had just sent out a signal to contact others. Seeing how this communicator was her special one for Team Galactic it drew her attention. She had after just seen Mrs. Pearls pull something out and mess with it and that something looked a lot like a communicator.

Deciding not to pull hers out and alert the other of who she was just yet, she stood up. She slowly walked over to Mrs. Pearls and then glanced at the Liepard and back. "Do hope you don't mind but I couldn't help but notice that you were the one being featured on the t.v. Quite the interesting performance seeing how your Pikachu was late with a move and didn't seem too happy to be performing. Surely your Liepard is more suitable to performing or should I say more willing." She commented in a detached cold voice not meaning to be insulting but just honestly stating what she had observed, "I have yet to hear of the results of that contest as I had just moved here. Did you place at all?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm
Cetus felt the youth of her wan epidermis sag as she sidled off to the side and considered herself a wallflower. With the sudden popularity diminished with fright, she was left to her lonesome, and had only her own company to bide time as she waited for whoever the heck she had to meet. Shea followed after her, laying near her ankles a large and motionless beacon silently warning others to stay away. Just as she flipped her communicator close and felt as if patience was mocking her mercilessly, the grunt was approached, and was surprised the voice offered neither a pleading coo for advice or indifferent comment of contempt. 'Twas simple critique, yet, Cetus didn't seem to take well to it.

"Hmm, I guess." was all Cetus responded, as if Gormliath's words were an airborne article flipping and twirling in a hurricane. She had better things to do than starting idle chatter with another coordinator -- especially one she was not acquainted with. Shea mimicked her owner, fluttering one lid up to the blond, than downing it in the same uninterested haste. However, when the other questioned her placing, the interest on the middle aged woman's face grew. She turned her face fully to the other and her mouth cracked into a thin smile. Ah, she had time to gloat. Her favorite past time.

"I placed first," she responded, fixing her face straight again. "With two others. I am hoping for the same results come Motterosa's contest -- save only myself being a winner, of course."  

radish

Crew

Tiny Creature

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm
Gormlaith had noticed the disinterest from both the coordinator and her pokemon. She had nothing to say about it and didn't really care. She had after all just told her piece and didn't truly care if it was heeded. She gave a cold smile at the placing results.

"First with two others. I bet that was disappointing. Nothing wrong with sharing a placement or so I hear but it is much better to hold it all to yourself." She commented, "I truly hope your Motterosa contest yields a more..... satisfying result."

Once again her communicator vibrated and she sighed. She pulled it out and looked at it and then to Mrs. Pearls. She pushed a few buttons and had it send out a signal to contact the communicator that had sent the original signal. She waited to see if Mrs. Pearls communicator went off and see if her observation was correct or not. "Sorry about that. Apparently someone at work is trying to get a hold of me."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:18 pm
Bluedemonwolf

Cetus's interest was piqued when her communicator suddenly vibrated in reply. She held it up readily than slid her gaze over to Gormliath. "Hmm," she mused, flipping it open and tilting her head knowingly at the screen. "Seems someone from work is trying to contact me as well."

The obviousness was thick enough to cast a veil over, so Cetus tapped "ignore" and flipped her communicator shut in one swift movement. Catching Cetus's glance to the side again, Shea rose, and relaxed tenfold. Their target had been found.

"Codename?" the green-haired woman asked, leaning against the wall and knotting her arms before her bosom. "I'm Cetus."  

radish

Crew

Tiny Creature

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:45 pm
NaomiNaomi

Gormlaith shut her own communicator when Mrs. Pearls got her out and then replied. "I go by Caelestis when working.... of course you may not recognize me at that point in time. You can call me Gormlaith for now." She replied with a tight smile. She was in disguise right now rather than being in disguise when dressed as a Galactic grunt.

She looked at the opposite chair and then back to Cetus. "Mind if I sit or would you rather go somewhere else to talk?" She asked, "And its a pleasure to meet you Cetus or would you prefer Mrs. Pearls right now? I'm sure we'll be working together at some point in time.... or against depending on how we meet." She grinned at that comment as they would be working against each other if they ever met in their under cover jobs.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 pm
"Mm. Pleasure, Caelestis." Cetus said. "Well, rather, Gormliath. You can call me either; though Mrs. Pearls may garner attention. For now, please, call me Claramay." She didn't add the other did not have the honor of perfect familiarity. She had brought up a rather great point: If they were to ever work against each other come the near future, an acquaintanceship was the best relationship to keep. For now.

Cetus considered staying, but wandering eyes told her otherwise. There was still admirers (and haters) keeping her form within their gaze and the chance of getting bothered again seemed very likely. The grunt rose without hesitation and cocked her chin to the entrance-exit of the coordinator cafe.

"Another location, please." she answered. "I can't stand another moment here."  

radish

Crew

Tiny Creature

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:06 pm
Gormlaith nodded. "Certainly Claramay." She then turned to the door and headed out. She waited for Cetus to catch up. "I'm afraid you'll have to pick out our new location. I'm still learning where everything is in this city." She said once Cetus was nearby.

A few people outside who were heading for the cafe spotted Cetus and appeared ready to have kittens. They were getting so worked up that Gormlaith feared what would happen when they finally approached their 'idol'. Instead she shot them an icy glare that stopped them in their tracks so they could pass by without being bothered.

"I certainly can see why you would like to be somewhere else. Your fame has certainly brought you a lot of attention." She said once they were out of earshot of the group she had froze.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 pm
A hand smothered itself on Cetus's face. "Indeed, it has. I thought infamy would help with my monthly quota -- I'm a recruiter, you see -- but, all it has brought is squealing fans." A sigh escaped through the seams of the Galactic grunt's lips and she straightened herself to not appear irked. Her gaze fell to a nearby bar (also, quite a familiar one) and she tipped her head at her new companion.

"You drink?" she asked, even though it was midday. "Tad bit early for strong stuff, but I never pass up an offer of liquor, aha."  

radish

Crew

Tiny Creature

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:09 pm
"A recruiter you say? Hm.... well it is too bad that it isn't working out as planned. It does seem like a good idea." Gormlaith replied, "Unfortunately I was never suited to be a recruiter. They had me as one for.... a week I believe. Our recruitment rates were an all time low that week. They quickly discovered I was more suited for the labs and certain field work."

Her gaze went to the bar that Cetus was pointing out. "I normally don't but I do believe today is the perfect day for an exception. After the boat ride I had... I certainly can use a drink."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:23 pm
Cetus granted Gormliath an honest and quite rare small smile. Bounding off toward her typical hotspot for liquor and a buzz, the green-haired gal tilted her head at her companion. "Boat ride, huh?" she inquired, trying to keep some kind of conversation going. "Terrible, I assume? I can't manage boats myself. I get seasick."

The grunt splayed her fingers onto the bar's door and pushed it open, ignoring the little tinkle of the above bell as if it were too familiar a sound. The rotund man at the counter looked up, placing down the crystallize glass in his hand.

"Ah, Clara!" he cried at her familiar face, beckoning her to the bar. " 'S been a while. Busy with coordinatin'?"

"Too busy," Cetus replied, sighing. She can tilted her head in Gormliath's direction. "This is a friend. Mind giving her one on the house?"

"I'll give both a ya." The man answered. "What'll you be havin'?" He asked next, looking expectantly at the blond.  

radish

Crew

Tiny Creature

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:53 pm
"The ride itself wasn't so bad. I don't get seasick like my brother does." Gormlaith said with a sigh, "No it was all of the boys on the boat. They were so annoying."

She walked in and smiled at the bartender. "I'll have a Mudslide... and thanks for the drink." She replied before looking at Cetus, "Seems like you come here often." She began looking over the bar to see what it was like.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:34 pm
Shea maneuvered away from the humans' legs and settled far from the duo to her favorite spot. It was a half-circle window with a ledge cut out near the back of the bar, filtering in parchments of light through haphazard shapes and curdled chips. It wasn't a window to be looked through, mostly for artsy show, and had found a warm spot in the Liepard's heart as a wonderful lounging space.

From her spot, the joint appeared like a stereotypical western saloon. Framed, stained sepia photographs lined the topper-most level above the bar as did a few belt buckles and empty bottles of brandy and whisk. The side wall was dedicated to game; a rack of Stantler antlers, woolen tapestries of Mareep fuzz, and countless retired firearms marred every inch of the wall. There wasn't any music playing, but a retro jukebox buzzed in the corner with fluorescent lining. It looked a bit more modern with its lack of vinyls traded for CDs, but still held the classic model style and flow. All in all, Hagin's place was a mundane dump in the middle of Katarina.

Hagin, the bartender, tipped her Gormliath with a salute and sidled away from the two. He knew Cetus's usual. It was all she ever drank at his joint. Cetus rolled her eyes toward the reply. "Typical," she said, shaking her head in empathy. "There's a key difference between boys and men, of course. Men are easier to deal with."

Her lips pursed at the observation. "It's true," she replied with a just nod. "A lot is a bit of understatement. Take every time before a mission. Yea, I've been doing crap for Team G for a long while, but I still get the jitters for fear of screwing up."

Hagin returned with a mug and a tall, lacquered class of an almost too innocent looking alcoholic drink. Even Cetus blinked at the given order, questioning its truth. "Are you sure that's alcoholic?" she said in mild jest. "It looks like a dessert."

Hagin chuckled with her. "Aye, settle down. 'Ere ya go."

Cetus's usual looked too typical too. It was simply a mug of watered down tea. Still, she sipped it casually and sighed with content. "Everything goes good with a shot of brandy," she remarked aloud and Hagin nodded in approval, huffing out another chuckle.  

radish

Crew

Tiny Creature

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:04 pm
Gormlaith took in the saloon looking bar for a moment longer her eyes lingering on the rack of antlers and the woolen tapestries. She then turned back to Cetus and gave a light smile. "You certainly have that right. Men are easier to deal with." She replied with a small tilt of her head.

She didn't really get jitters when assigned missions, perhaps when doing experiments, but not missions so much. "I'm sure the drink would help settle any nerves but too much could cloud the mind." She stated matter-of-factually. She didn't have anything else to say about it that could help show she sympathized with Cetus or even offer useful information.

She turned to the bartender and gave him a true smile when she saw her drink. "Oh it is.... and it tastes like a dessert too." She said before taking a sip, "I usually have something else but this.... this just sounded too good to pass up." She drank a little more before chuckling. "I suppose you are correct about that. Brandy does make many things taste better."  
Suburbs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games