Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Nessa the GHOSTS (WIP~ CRITIS PLZ)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

littledevils freakzoid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

art done by kotalee
User Image

Name: Nessa
Nicknames: none yet

Faction: GHOSTS
Race:Troll
Common Desc:
Natural Ability:

Personality:
♦Shy & has a bit of Social anxiety ~especially in new situations & with unfamiliar people.
►Her shyness comes a lot from the fear of what other people will think of her behavior, so she gets scared of doing or saying what she wants to, out of fear of negative reactions, criticism, or rejection.
♦She will have very light conversations & does well with small talk, till she warms up to people & gets comfortable with her surroundings.
♦Can get overwhelmed easily when she's in big crowds which can cause her to become frustrated.
♦Usually blends in with the crowd till she gets a feeling for what is going on.
► Most of the time she will probably be found in a corner "people watching."
♦She is a hard worker & can get stuff done when it needs to be if it's something major/important. When it comes to little stuff she can be lazy & doesn't really care that there is a little mess around here once in awhile.
>Every once in awhile she'll come out of her shell & relax so she still has room to grow & maybe one day break out of her shyness & anxiety she just needs a bit of help.
>Animal lover
>Favorite Colors: Purple, blue, black, silver
>Favorite Music: Pretty much listens to anything
>Favorite Literature: Fiction mostly
>Hobbies: Arts & craft type of things, she can't draw but likes to doodle, collecting things that interest her or just stuff she find cute, likes to do puzzles, play games, watch tv.
>How do they spend a rainy day? Sleep... or any of her hobbies.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? With no recollection of she ended up in Halloweentown she wondered around for a while and came across the academy, she thought it would be away to fill her day and experience new things even though it may be out of her comfort zone.

FEAR Ability:
Cold spots ~
will suck energy in making you feel overly tired or depressed.
Fear mechanics=
The Mind: Lowers opponent’s accuracy; makes it harder for them to hit you.

Cold spots
Cranky ghosts occasionally suck energy in from their locality, creating what is known in the spook hunting community as "cold spots". "(If) you are feeling overly tired or depressed, wanting to keep your drapes and shades drawn and be in the dark, and you are feeling withdrawn and tired all the time, with no good reason, you may be having your energy being sapped by an attention craving ghost."

Physical Description:

Eye Colour:blue/teal
Hair Colour/Style:blonde with dark purple streaks running through that almost glow about shoulder length in a ponytail.
Skin Colour:grayish/pale purple
Clothing Style/Colours: Classic Goth inspired, lots of black with some touches of purple and silver. has a silver belt,
necklace silver/black no ribbon thingy
Shirt the arms part is a little transparent/sheer
Pants something like this but with the wraps a darkish purple
Boots something like this with the laces white/silver and the tongue part a dark purple
Extra: She has a head that is almost alien type looking with swirl tattoos around her eyes and forehead
The texture of her skin is something like this
her ears are kind of trollish like with a few notches taken out of them, she has kind of a jagged toothy fang like smile.

References:
feel free to change everything and anything as to the fact that i can't draw and have no clue how to position her to look normal and make her head so it doesn't look all funky. I'm not to picky as to how her stance or anything is as long as it doesn't look like what I drew.

My Crappy Concept

Other art done for ideas by other lovely ppl.
one
two
three
four
five  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm
Last updated~ 6-19-13

Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post in this thread about anything in regard to Nessa's profile. I'm always open to people helping me out and listening to their ideas, it's always helpful to see others side of views when it comes to this stuff.

littledevils freakzoid

littledevils freakzoid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:27 pm
From spirit week

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

also has 100% Arpakassu Wool blue Sweater
and Drawgon ICly these little fatties play around on the scroll sort of like how the Portraits in Harry Potter are all active and stuff. This only lasts as long as Spirit Week however!
User Image

from the k9 craft booth
Demi User Image

Vlad the Invisible Dog Plush
Is it even a plushie...?User Image
These ones where free from the k9 booth~
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:28 pm
saved for whatever  

littledevils freakzoid

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm
Regarding her fear - It's a little iffy to have it tied to her necklace as it may be toeing the line a bit since Reapers and Horsemen are the only ones that can have weapons and their Fears are generally based on said items.

Apart from that, take a look at the Fear guide to pick out a set of mechanics you'd like for the attack.

Also, this is minor, but to me having half of the form aligned to the right of the post is a little hard to read. XD;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm
Blade Kuroda
Regarding her fear - It's a little iffy to have it tied to her necklace as it may be toeing the line a bit since Reapers and Horsemen are the only ones that can have weapons and their Fears are generally based on said items.

Apart from that, take a look at the Fear guide to pick out a set of mechanics you'd like for the attack.

Also, this is minor, but to me having half of the form aligned to the right of the post is a little hard to read. XD;
I didn't know that abut the necklace lol so i took it out, I think the mind thing would work well for her since it says most ghost use that.
lol i never even thought about the aligned stuff i was trying to get the picture in there  

littledevils freakzoid

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm
You don't need to pay attention to the flavor text for the things. XD Go with what you want mechanics wise.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 pm
XD UNRELATED TO QUEST ITSELF REALLY but if you want to align the picture so that the text wraps around it, use [*imgright][*/imgright] instead of [*img][*/img] (sans the asterisks, of course XD)  

Kaiyumi

littledevils freakzoid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 pm
thanx kaiyumi smile

hmm after rereading the fear stuff i think I'll stick to the mind. to me it makes the most sense cuz the emotions and stuff are tied to your mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:37 pm
looks cute!  

Volkov Seraphim

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

littledevils freakzoid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm
Volkov Seraphim
looks cute!
thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:51 pm
Hello there~ you requested crit so here is some crit yay! biggrin

The one thing that jumps out at me is that her specific species - slimer - doesn't seem to really match her appearance very much! Slimers don't have very set forms, it is true, but I would be inclined to go with another subspecies for her based on her appearance. I'm assuming that you definitely want to keep her as a ghost... perhaps have her be a ghost of some other species, like a ghost troll (since you mentioned trollish ears and trolls can be fangy) or a different species that you like? We have ghost dragons, ghost dogs, ghost lots of things! Just something to consider. biggrin

(And if you aren't absolutely set on ghost, with those fangs, I'd almost be inclined to suggest undead/vampire.)

Also, for her personality - this will not in ANY WAY stop her from being approved should you get her as a character, but for your own thinking about - most of what's there is all about her shyness/anxiety. You've put a lot of thoughts into the facets of that and what it means for her, but at the same time that's really only one aspect of her character! I would encourage you to develop that out some more, beyond the shyness - find who she is underneath all of that. Go deeper~!

I hope that's helpful, even a little. owo

littledevils freakzoid

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

littledevils freakzoid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 pm
Sosiqui
Hello there~ you requested crit so here is some crit yay! biggrin

The one thing that jumps out at me is that her specific species - slimer - doesn't seem to really match her appearance very much! Slimers don't have very set forms, it is true, but I would be inclined to go with another subspecies for her based on her appearance. I'm assuming that you definitely want to keep her as a ghost... perhaps have her be a ghost of some other species, like a ghost troll (since you mentioned trollish ears and trolls can be fangy) or a different species that you like? We have ghost dragons, ghost dogs, ghost lots of things! Just something to consider. biggrin

(And if you aren't absolutely set on ghost, with those fangs, I'd almost be inclined to suggest undead/vampire.)

Also, for her personality - this will not in ANY WAY stop her from being approved should you get her as a character, but for your own thinking about - most of what's there is all about her shyness/anxiety. You've put a lot of thoughts into the facets of that and what it means for her, but at the same time that's really only one aspect of her character! I would encourage you to develop that out some more, beyond the shyness - find who she is underneath all of that. Go deeper~!

I hope that's helpful, even a little. owo

littledevils freakzoid
I definitely want to keep her as a ghost especially now that i have an official student as a undead. But I love the idea of her being a ghost troll, it does work so much better with the appearance she has! I'll have to figure out a Natural Ability for her, since I'm
pretty sure there wasn't anything about it in the other stuff .

Maybe I'll have to go back and kind of reread the event thing I was able to play her in, so i can take some stuff from there and play with it to add to her personality.
Her personality seems to be the hardest thing for me to get down for some reason, with my new student he was simple because I already had a back story for him kind of as soon as i saw his art. Maybe it will will help to do a back story with her lol.

You where definitely helpful! smile
good thing I have awhile to work on her to get all the kinks worked out.  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games