Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm
❥ Guided by Nature

This is a private RP between Calixte ( Mahogany Sunset) & Amaltheia ( Candle Wick Ghost ).
Please do not post without being invited to do so! Thank you.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:52 pm
User ImageMidday had arrived, the sun at it's peak, radiating a golden warmth over the beautiful forest that the herd resided in. Amaltheia had spent most of the morning running around the grounds, breaking free of the sleep that still haunted her limbs for a noticeable amount of time after awaking, hoping that she may persuade her sisters to join in with the playful antics.

Whilst she waited and slowly became more alert and aware of the use of her body, her ears twitched just slightly, tickled by a distant echo. Abruptly coming to a halt in the grass, her hooves dug deep in to the soil beneath them, the momentum tossing her body forwards and then back in to an up-right position again. The act had disrupted the grasses natural look but Amaltheia's attention had already been drawn so urgently that she hadn't noticed. Eyes now wide in mysterious wonder, her reflective green orbs searched the surroundings with haste. She had heard the whispers again, noises... Noises may even have been voices. There was no sure way of knowing what they were. When they presented themselves, they were faint, lasting only a few short seconds before dispersing once more.

The noises had continued to plague her since the day she and her siblings broke free of their woven carriers. Still, they always died down and left her baffled over the situation; once settled, the young filly would always stand and stare to the tree line. In her mind, it was the shadows for they wavered in motion depending on the breeze or the process of the daylight taking it's course till it was smothered in darkness, and in doing so created shapes and suspiciously life like movements. A form nature could take to say hello since she couldn't clearly hear the words that entered her ears.

She had heard her mother mention something similar before now.

Curiously the filly propped her head up in the air once more, she did her best to pry her eyes away from the dancing shadows, deciding to take gentle skipping steps towards the nesting area. There, she hoped she would be able to find her mother and in doing so, find the answers she had been seeking since the noises and the shadows had started manifesting their own persona. Clearing her throat, the cerynei foal opened her mouth and let out a squeak.

"Mummy! Are you here? I'd like to ask you something!" She called out with an innocent smile, wriggling her leaf-butt excitedly, the attached plant life started shifting in sync with her movements as she did so.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 pm
User Image
Calixte turned away from what she'd been doing - organizing a late-blooming batch of dried flowers for a life-mating ceremony - and listened. Somewhere in the distance, the forest whispered, one of her daughters was playing in the midday sun, frolicking about the forest. It was a strange feeling, she thought, being a mother again; Cali had never really gotten used to it the first time. Now, with four daughters and a son, she was sure she'd never get a break from it. Smiling, she went back to her sorting, recalling her own ceremony. For some reason, it struck her as a simpler time. There had been no purewalkers, no daughters sneaking around, and only a little herd drama.

Sighing, Cali heard a little one's soft, approaching footsteps, even without the help of the surrounding plants. One of the girls wanted to talk to her - the question was, which one?

All three had come relatively quietly from their baskets, each very much a thinker in her own right. Amaltheia and Faun resembled herself and Kenton the most, though each had her personal twist; Amaltheia had been given special plants and darkened eyes, Faun a flame spirit and extraordinary fairy wings. Ithillún, though was the different one - a blue that existed in neither Kenton's nor her own heritage, Hallow's Eve had outdone itself with her. She even had ghostly markings... But she had Kenton's nose and her mother's eyes. Smiling a bit to herself, Cali waited for a little voice, as one would surely manifest.

Sure enough, a few seconds later, Cali heard it - Amaltheia's definitive, happy voice. "I'm over here, darling," she called back, hoping that Amaltheia would be able follow her voice. It wouldn't be the first time; the young filly, having inherited long ears, had incredible hearing. Not too far from the family's nest, Cali was in a small clearing wear the Gatherers stored most of their non-food-related finds.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 pm
User Image As clear as the day itself, Ama sure heard the call of her mothers sweet voice sounding through the air. She swiftly switched her head around in the direction it came from, ears twitching gently as the melody sunk in. It had come from the clearing where the gatherers usually stored their findings, or at least some of them, she was still getting used to the responsibilities and the many different roles the members had.

Casually trotting through the nesting area and towards the direction of the clearing, the filly took the time to welcome the wind against her body, ruffling her short mane made up of leaves;inherited from no other than her mother. As her figure quickly came in to sight, Ama's features lit up, a sweet smile twisting from ear to ear. A giggle escaped her lips and she soon picked up the pace, bounding to the spot next to her mother. Her eyes shifted from her mother to the dried patch of flowers, she must of been interupting her attending to them. Smile fading a little, she wondered if she could help to make up for it.

"Is there anything I could do to help you, mummy?" She asked, flashing two big innocent eyes her way. "I wanted to ask you a couple of questions but if you're in the middle of something it can wait." She gave a nod. She was eager to find out the answers to them but herd responsibilities and duties came first before personal gains, this she had become aware of.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm
User Image

Smiling, Cali watched her daughter prance into the clearing. She really was a tiny little thing - Cali hadn't been around too many foals since her own children had grown, and wasn't used to their small size yet. Bending her neck slightly, Cali nuzzled Amaltheia on the top of her head, right between the ears. Her warmth was comforting, and her scent reminded Cali of a soft, young forest.

Straightening herself, Cali looked back down at the flowers. "Sure, you can help me, sweetie. I'm just sorting these... Why don't you take the wild roses and put them there?" She gestured to a spot a little to the right of the pile. "They're the dark pink ones that smell like a sweet-scented breeze. You can pick them up like this." Demonstrating, Cali plucked a flower from the pile with the cloven part of her hoof and transferred it to its respective place with a light shake of her foot.

Glancing back at Amaltheia, Cali smiled at her, and couldn't help but wonder what she would look like when she grew. That, however, was a long way off. For now, she was still Cali's sweet little Ama. "Now, darling, what did you want to ask me? We can talk and work at the same time," she said, transferring yet another delicate blackberry blossom into its proper place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:07 am
User Image At the indication to the roses, Ama's gaze followed it to a patch of dark pink flowers. They were gorgeous and to show her admiration of them, she let out an 'aww' sound, eyes glistening at the sight. "They're beautiful." She complimented quietly and looking around she took a moment to look at the various kinds of flowers all spread about, intertwined with one another.

Smiling, she watched how her mother transferred the blackberry blossom. A gentle and graceful sight. She found herself thinking that she must of inherited a lot more traits from her mother than just her mane and natural earthy look. It made her happy, knowing one day she may also have the grace and eloquence that she possessed.

"Ok mummy, I can do that!" She squeaked happily, moving over to the wild roses, she carefully set about picking one up with her clove hoof. At first it took a little while to get the technique right, so the flower wouldn't slip and slide everywhere but the crease of her hoof. The next tricky part was actually keeping it there. When she finally managed to hold it, she tilted her hoof at an angle and gasped at her efforts being victorious. Her leg took on a shake as she slowly moved it to the right to place the flower in it's rightful place, then stilled again when she gave her ankle joint a wiggle, watching as it fell to the floor.

She couldn't help but let out a relieved sigh, a chuckle following as she turned her eyes back towards her mothers bright, milky white ones. "I did it!"

"Oh, yes!" She chimed, looking slightly shocked. In the middle of her concentration she had almost forgotten what she had wanted to ask but it instantly came back to her when she asked about what she wanted to question her about. "Well you see... I keep -" She paused, looking off to the side. "- Hearing things." She felt a little silly, saying that. She was already different, she didn't want the others to think she was going crazy or anything.

"I think it's the shadows." She nodded. Whenever she heard the 'whispers' the shadows always seemed to twist and take shape which had ultimately made her believe that they were trying to communicate with her in some way. "Am I strange, mummy?" Her head lowered, eyes moving upwards to peer from under her mane at her before they lowered once more to focus on moving the roses again.

Only at that moment, did the sweet-scented breeze aroma fill her nose.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm
User Image

Calixte tried suppressing her grin at Ama's irresistibly infectious happiness, but it didn't work - she felt the corners of her mouth move upward as though someone had pulled them. Watching her daughter learn to move the flowers was like watching her take her first steps; it had taken a certain amount of time, but the reward was worth it. Seeing that proud expression was worth it.

"Aw, good job!" Cali said, before pondering her daughter's real reason for finding her. There was, after all, a more serious topic at hand than Amaltheia's accomplished flower-sorting. Gazing skyward and humming slightly in thought, she said, "You're not strange, love. I hear things, as well. It's nature's way of speaking to you - of telling you things that may be out of sight or earshot." Eyeing the little mare before her, she wondered if maybe what Amaltheia interpreted as shadows was yet another twist that Hallow's Eve had bestowed upon her already well-endowed person. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing had happened - Ithillun, not too long ago, had discovered that her flowers glowed in the dark. This, of course, had caused quite a few late nights since.

"You know, Ama, the shadows are probably part of your hearing things. Is it bothering you?" This, she realized, was probably the issue - as she hardly talked about hearing things herself, Cali thought that Ama might feel alone, as though it didn't happen to anyone else. And that would naturally inspire a fear of being different, or strange, or abnormal. That was the last thing she would ever want one of her little girls to feel - having been raised among the Vanaras, a people that looked very much alike to one another, they already knew they were different. Cali and Kenton, however, had tried to raise them to feel special, rather than weird. Their appearance, after all, was a part of them, but it didn't define who they were.

Candle Wick Ghost

I am sooooo sorry for the wait. v.v  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 am
User Image

It didn't take much for her mother to reassure her. The words 'I hear things, as well' made Ama's little ears spring to life. It made sense, honestly. Rather than feeling strange, a sense of comfort filled her. Nature was talking to her? To them? They had been blessed with this ability, to be able to see, hear more than the others and practically interpret what was going to happen before it happened with these little clues. A warmth filled her, the comfort making her more at ease.

It had definitely been the right thing to do, to find her mother and ask about the strange tendencies that had been plaguing her. Her eyes flashed to her mothers, a small smile lifting at the corners of her lips. She shook her head at the next question. "No, they don't bother me... I like talking to them and watching them twist and dance. I just wasn't sure whether that was seen as a good thing or a bad thing... Because nobody else seems to see what I see." She let out a soft chuckle, tilting her head to one side.

"What kind of things have you heard?" She asked, a little too curious about how it had affected her mother during her life and what source the whispers were actually coming from, if not the shadows.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:04 pm
User Image

Relief flooded through Calixte's veins when Ama told her that the shadows weren't bothering her. In fact, it seemed as though she was comfortable with them, which was more than she could say for herself sometimes - the manifestations of her own hearing had certainly come at unwanted times before. Nodding, though, at Ama's admittance that she'd never heard of anyone else seeing shadows, she said, "Most won't admit it if they do see or hear something, especially if it's unusual." Lowering her voice to a whisper, Cali looked off into the distance, where her winged daughter was probably meditating on the far edge of the forest. "Maybe ask Faun about it sometime... I think she hears but doesn't tell.

"As for what I hear," Cali continued, "It's usually hard to interpret, as the trees are always whispering about something." She'd lived her life hearing things, and the signals still got jumbled, some filtering through her thoughts clearly and others never even making it through the rest of the 'static.' "It depends on how close something is, I suppose. Sometimes the trees only gossip so far into the distance." Wondering if that made any sort of sense, Cali watched her little green and brown daughter. It was astonishing to see just how Halloween had gifted her so - the mother wondered about it often, and she'd found that it was, once in awhile, a topic of conversation among the herd.

Candle Wick Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 am
User Image "Why wouldn't people want to admit it?"

Ama blinked slowly, turning her head to gaze up at her mothers milky eyes. She had noticed the cautious gazes of herd members from time to time but everyone was still very friendly and welcoming towards her.

She couldn't understand why others would want to hide it. She knew it was something seen as 'odd' and had heard utters of the word 'crazy' before but what was wrong with talking to something that was talking to you?

Wasn't it rude not to say hello back?

She was confused. Manners and being socially adept was a very complex thing to distinguish.

The mention of her sister made her smile and twist her head to one side. So she heard things... It was likely they all heard something of the same but they were just hiding it from them. Why would they do that!?

She pouted. "Faun doesn't want to talk about it?" Her sister never said much of anything usually but something as important and as interesting as that she thought she would be bounding to express.

When her mother moved on to talk about her own endeavours, she quietened to listen intently.

The trees.

So they were the ones responsible! The trees created shadows with the light and the things she heard and saw were coming from them. All this time, it was... Them?

Her jaw fell slack in awe.

"Do the trees pass messages on from one to the other so that the whispers reach us?"

It was such an innocent thing to believe in, that the trees were like a group of friends chatting together however nature was one and it was a belief Ama could always hang on to without doubt.

"What about the flowers -" She asked in a hushed tone, looking down at the assorted groups on the ground. "- And the grass, do they whisper to each other too?"

Mahogany Sunset

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 am
User Image

Cali felt her mouth twist slightly in thought as she tried to find an appropriate way to answer her daughter's question. Most people didn't want to talk about seeing or hearing things because they thought other people would call them crazy, ostracizing them. Cali, though, hadn't grown up with that filter - she'd been told to listen to what the voices in her ears were saying because she needed to understand them in order to take care of her forest. Ama hadn't grown up with a filter, either; the herd had taken care of the children, raising them as much as Cali and Kenton had. The Vanaras were completely fine with any... quirks that manifested in the foals, though it didn't stop them from discussing them.

"Well," Cali began, "There are places, herds unlike ours, where hearing voices or seeing things that others don't see isn't accepted. Those who don't hear like we do or see, like you, think it's strange and turn the ones who can hear into outcasts. For those who have only ever known that kind of environment, being an outcast isn't tolerable, so they either don't admit it or suppress it. It's a really unfortunate situation," she finished, hoping that would be explanation enough for Amaltheia, for she wasn't exactly sure how to further explain.

Faun was more difficult to explain - though she was the one that looked the most like her parents, she was possibly the most enigmatic filly Cali had ever known. "Faun... I don't think she doesn't want to talk about it, exactly... She just doesn't talk about it. It's just something that neither your father nor I ever brought up with her. Or at least yet, anyway."

Calixte couldn't help a smile as Amaltheia caught on, though. "They do, they do," she replied, grinning. The trees were responsible for everything, from the faintest whisper in the distance to the nearest, only slightly hushed gossip. "The flowers and the grass don't talk much, I've found," Cali said in response to Ama's next question. "The flowers, especially, are fleeting beings, but they beckon butterflies and bees. It might just be that we can't hear them like the insects do." Now slightly out of breath from answering one question after another, Cali reached down to nuzzle Ama's cheek. She was so full of questions! It was amazing how far her curiosity could take her, though the mother sincerely hoped it wouldn't get her into trouble someday.

Candle Wick Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am
User Image Amaltheia's mouth formed in to a frown at the given explanation. That was a sad result, that others like them who belonged to different herds may of been banished for the same twist or gift.

"Would we accept those in to our herd that had been abandoned by their own for such a thing?" Her eyes grew wide, as if they were willing her mother to tell her what she wanted to hear.

"They must be so lonely..." She whispered.

She would of liked to be able to think that there was some hope for those poor soquili that had been outcast-ed however it wasn't lost on her that strangers weren't taken lightly if they neared the herd grounds.

Even if they weren't banished for expressing themselves, they would never be able to truly be themselves in order to be accepted. That really was unfortunate. Ama was sorry for that. She knew in her heart, she could never do that to another unless it was for good reason.

She would have to confront Faun about her own hearing. To compare and see if their experiences were similar and Lun, too.

"They... Do?" Ama lifted a brow, twisting her head down cast with a wriggle of her nose at the floor and the sorted flowers below, lifting her right front hoof up. She almost felt bad for having to walk on the ground at the revelation but understood that was the way it worked and why they had to handle the flowers so delicately.

"Oh..." She put her hoof back down with a chuckle.

It was for the best that they couldn't hear all of natures wonders talking, or else there would be too many voices and noises to understand anything.

She smiled warmly as her mother gave her an affectionate nuzzle, moving to brush her cheek up the side of hers in return.

Mahogany Sunset

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:45 am
User Image

Feeling her eyes began to water as Ama looked at her in expectation, Cali closed them for a moment before looking back down at her filly. "Of course we would, darling," she replied. "That's what honorary membership is for - aside from lifemates, anyway. If someone comes to us because their herd cast them out for a reason like that, we'd take care of them, especially since things like that can be traumatic." It went without saying that if the stranger had ill-will toward the herd, they wouldn't be let in; that was why the greeting parties looked so stern half the time. It was to scare away any intruders with less-than-benevolent intentions.

Nodding again rather than repeating herself, Cali smiled at Ama, letting the filly rub her softly fuzzy cheek against her own. She wasn't sure what it was, exactly, that made her light up so much around her foals - sometimes she felt ridiculous from smiling so much. But that was almost ridiculous in itself: there was nothing wrong with being happy, especially around one's children. Better happy than sad, right? "Now, Amaltheia, do you have any more questions?" Cali asked, using her daughter's full name for the first time in a long time. Though it was a pretty name, like Lun and Tin, Cali had just never gotten into the habit of calling them anything but their nicknames. This rare occasion was more than what it may have sounded like, however. It was really a veiled attempt at trying to get back to uninterrupted work, as the mother had a lot to do before the sun went down. If her daughter had anything more to ask of her, though, Cali knew she'd allow it. She loved having the chance to talk to her girls during the day, since she sometimes felt like she'd hardly gotten a chance to since they'd popped from their baskets what seemed like so long ago... Despite her desire to see them grow up - a desire that, she thought with a little exasperation, was probably pure vanity - Cali knew that these three would forever be her little girls. Tin had grown up so fast and Enaran had retained his colt-like innocence into adulthood, but these three... Cali had a feeling she would never have to let them go. They were pure and good, untouched by anger or by the twist that had so changed their appearances. They were perfect.

Candle Wick Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:45 pm
User Image

Amaltheia gently shook her head at her mothers question. She felt satisfied with what she had learned already and knew that she had interrupted her going about her business and had done very little to help her. So for now, she would keep tight lipped and hold back her questions. She didn't need to know everything all at once, they had all the time in the world for that.

It was however a one sided achievement and the filly had caught on to that whilst she basked in the proud feeling that now floated through her.

Her family and her herd were very honorable and welcoming people. The kindest with the biggest hearts. They wouldn't turn those away who didn't deserve it and knew the difference when it came to protecting them from the real threat and not mistaking the innocent for wanting to do them harm and corrupt all they had worked so hard to achieve.

Knowing that, would keep Amaltheia's curiosity at bay for quite some time. "What else do you need to do today, anything I can help you with?" It was another question but held only the purpose to help her get things done, instead of being a distraction. Hopefully, if she needed to learn them too, she could catch on to it as quickly as she had earlier in order to be of some use to her mother instead of holding her back anymore than she had.

Mahogany Sunset
Super sorry for the wait. Q.Q;

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:59 pm
User Image

Cali turned her head a little to study her surroundings. She'd been so engrossed in the conversation with her little one that she'd almost forgotten that they stood in the Gatherers' clearing. At her feet, of course, were the flowers that she'd been so intent on organizing earlier in the day. Now in their respective places with the help of Ama, Cali looked at all the other small piles of flowers, leaves, and healing herbs that the herd kept stocked and dried in the safe clearing and realized that she couldn't think of anything to do. She was supposed to be preparing for an outsider's lifemating ceremony - one she'd have to travel a ways to get to - and she couldn't really organize any more flowers until the Gatherers brought back more. "Well, I was kind of hoping to take some berries and things to Oke," she replied, "I think he's going through a growth spurt again." The bear, usually her 'fearsome' shadow to those who didn't know him, would soon grow into his full size, though she knew his personality wouldn't change for a long time. A big softie, the bear had been raised alongside both sets of Cali's children. "Do you want to help? All we have to do is scoop them up in baskets and get them over to him." Having been raised away from meat but still having the voracious appetite of a growing boy, Oke ate what seemed to be his weight in roots, insects, and fruit every week.

Knowing that the feat of transporting the roll-y berries would seem harder than first thought to both Cali and her daughter, the mare grabbed an unused Gatherer's basket in her teeth and pulled it over to the berry pile. Tilting it slightly so that the wide brim touched the ground, she scooped berries into it with a gentle hoof, careful not to squish them. Some of them had been dried to preserve the sweetness for treats for children in the future, or just as desert; others were used for pigments. Most, however, were simply for the occasional familiar that had been weaned from meat, or for a Vanara that had a craving. "Here, I'll give you this basket, if you want to take it," Cali said, gesturing to the filled one before her. The long handle would go neatly over her daughter's neck, padded with a wrapping of grass for comfort.

Candle Wick Ghost

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces