Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Thanksgiving Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMG Kaitlin

7,450 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Pusher 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 am
So my odds are mom will be out of town for Thanksgiving, and my boyfriends mom wants me to spend Thanksgiving with them.
I know his family really well, but Ive never spent thanksgiving with any family but my own,
We've been dating for seven months, but this seems like something so serous.

I dunno Im nervous.

What are all of your Thanksgiving traditions?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 am
My family went to Hawaii for thanksgiving, so I stayed at school for it.

But sometimes we have a family dinner.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 am
I had Thanksgiving Dinner with an ex's family before...It was really awkward for me...they would all go around the table and say what they were thankful for. If I knew they would have done that I would have felt better...I think I said for good company....

Anyway...My family doesn't really have any Thanksgiving Traditions...we normally just eat turkey and ham...save the yucky turkey bits for my grandmother because she likes to eat them -gags-  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:27 pm
Shikume
Anyway...My family doesn't really have any Thanksgiving Traditions...we normally just eat turkey and ham...save the yucky turkey bits for my grandmother because she likes to eat them -gags-
That sucks. O.O My family is all about Thanksgiving. A huge feast with loads of food in the world. It'd awesome. I hope I don't get hired soon cuz if I do I will most likely have to work on Thanksgiving and will miss it, which I don't want to. crying My brother gets a whole week off cuz he's a teacher and it's thanksgiving break. Stupid, which is why I should be a teacher or a sub or work somewhere in the schools since they get holiday breaks. stare

It's awesome and the best food in the world. We don't say what we are thankful for if we don't want to. I just love it for the food. biggrin  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Shikume
That sucks. O.O My family is all about Thanksgiving. A huge feast with loads of food in the world. It'd awesome. I hope I don't get hired soon cuz if I do I will most likely have to work on Thanksgiving and will miss it, which I don't want to. crying My brother gets a whole week off cuz he's a teacher and it's thanksgiving break. Stupid, which is why I should be a teacher or a sub or work somewhere in the schools since they get holiday breaks. stare

It's awesome and the best food in the world. We don't say what we are thankful for if we don't want to. I just love it for the food. biggrin
...My family is like that...we have crap loads of food...it's just we do the same thing for Christmas as well...so yeah  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:48 pm
Shikume
Aoi the Crossdresser
Shikume

...My family is like that...we have crap loads of food...it's just we do the same thing for Christmas as well...so yeah
YOU DONT GET PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS? O.O If we get married, you really need to spend Holidays with my family.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Shikume
Aoi the Crossdresser
Shikume

YOU DONT GET PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS? O.O If we get married, you really need to spend Holidays with my family.
We get $100 for xmas xD

It's been that way for awhile...I never want anything for Christmas.my mother does do the whole stocking thing >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 pm
Shikume
We get $100 for xmas xD

It's been that way for awhile...I never want anything for Christmas.my mother does do the whole stocking thing >.>
So you don't decorate tree and then put presents under tree? emo  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Shikume
We get $100 for xmas xD

lol, yeah we do...

but we never really do the present under the tree neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 pm
Shikume
Aoi the Crossdresser
Shikume
We get $100 for xmas xD

lol, yeah we do...

but we never really do the present under the tree neutral
I like presents under the tree. crying  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:36 pm
I had stuffed peppers with my aunt.

For american thanksgiving (when is it this year?) I guess I'll mention it to my dad... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm
KazeRin
I had stuffed peppers with my aunt.

For american thanksgiving (when is it this year?) I guess I'll mention it to my dad... sad
Tell me more about this Canadian Thanksgiving....

November twenty second.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 pm
Is Canadian thanksgiving the same as American? Do you eat Turkey and lots of food in stuff?

Why is yours earlier than ours?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:04 am
Canadian Thanksgiving is pretty much the same as American.
It's earlier because our harvest is early-mid October, so that's when we eat all the pumpkin pies and turkeys and stuff. In theory the US is further south, so their harvest is later. But for people in the northern states, harvest time is closer to Canadian Thanksgiving.

Also, we don't tend to deep-fry our turkeys.
Nor are we terribly interested in the Turducken phenomenon.

But for me a standard Thanksgiving dinner is a turkey stuffed with seasoned bread bits & celery, mashed potatoes, mashed turnip (with some brown sugar to make it tasty), carrots, green beans, gravy, and for those who like it(not me), cranberry sauce.
Dessert is rare, as there's always too much delicious food involved in the dinner.

My dad would usually make a ham for US Thanksgiving since it was just the 3 of us. And bake an apple pie. emotion_drool  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

FallenWing664

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 am
well thanksgiving is my birthday.... stare .... I'll be 18 biggrin  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items