Tara de Draiocht
Wyn'tr snuffled along the ground, it certainly was colder than usually today. She jerked her head up when a sound distracted her from tracking prey. She held perfectly still and waited. A scent seem to float under her nose. Uh. Bird. Her pale eyes looked up into the tree tops, it was the sound of leaves rushling that she had heard. "A blue bird of happiness." The thought pop out of her mouth and a slow smile appeared on her face, it was something her father use to say when she was younger.

A frown stole away the smile. She hadn't seen her father in sometime and was a familiar heartache. They had gotten separated when she was an adolescent and she had yet to find him... She had made it her goal in life to find him, it is what she clung too and believe. If he were gone into the great beyond, she would know. A stray raindrop tapped the tip of her ear and brought her back to the here and now. "Huh, wonderful."

Epine de Rose
RAIN!

Urgh, since she had entered these lands she hadn't seen any of it. They were so dry and hostile in comparison to home and while she found them fascinating, she wasn't going to say no to a little bit of moisture. It would give her skin the refreshing caress that it needed and leave her in a much more comfortable state. Unsurprisingly, a smile lifted onto the lioness's lips and a skip soon crept into her step - aha, things were looking up and all things considered, she had nothing to complain about.

"Wooo thank you!" she called out to no one in particular, lifting a paw to salute the sky before she continued on. Suffice to say that the lioness was not the most subtle of individuals. In fact, someone would need to be deaf not to hear her, and blind not to see her vivid pink coat.

It was just as well she wasn't a hostile creature.

Tara de Draiocht
It was coming down like crazy and Wyn was past soaked. The cold didn't even bother her much any more and wasn't that just scary? It didn't bode well for health reasons. She shook herself to displaced the water on fur but that only served to make room for more. "Ugh." She half grunted and groaned. "Shelter would be MORE than welcome at this point in time and sooner rather than later if we are asking for miracles."

She almost missed it. The smell of wet earth hid the scent quite well, but she had been blessed with a higher sense of smell and what was in the air made her weary. She couldn't identify at first and if her fur could it would be standing up at this point in time. Feline. Female. Dangerous or not.. she wasn't too sure yet. Pale eyes looked around cautiously. Lions were larger and the females could be more deadly. They were the ones who mostly did the hunting and the males were used for breeding purposes... or so Wyn'tr had heard and on one rare occasion had seen. Boy did she want to burn her eyes out THAT day.

Epine de Rose

It was just as well that Zephyr was reasonably observant as Wyn'tr's dark coat did well to hide her in the gloom and mire of the rain. Nevertheless, the wild dog's declaration also assisted the lioness in locating her. Evidently, this particular wild dog wasn't an avid fan of the rain... Such a shame, she hadn't met many animals out here who did have an avid appreciation for it.

"Well," Zephyr mused, regarding the wild dog's overall height. She was smaller than the lioness, that was for sure, and if the rain was really causing her that much trouble then Zephyr had a fairly obvious solution to it all. "If you're really that bothered by the water you could always lie underneath me until it eases up a little?" she offered.

Odd as it might have been for a lioness to provide such a thing, Zephyr was from a peaceful pride. She had, for most of her life, survived on fish...and the prospect (and concept) of eating a wild dog would have been lost on her.

Tara de Draiocht
A sound. A female voice broke over the rain and Wyn turned her attention to the... pink? Pink lioness that was peacefully or innocently standing infront of her a few paces away. Her eyes widened at the others suggestion. Did.. she just ask her to- "Lay underneath you?" Wyn squeaked out in shock and a little bit of fright. It didn't seem like a good situation to be in, it left one too vunerable. "Um," She awkwardly tried to grope for something to say. "Thanks, but I think I'm good." Her appearance clearly at war with her words. "Oh look at that-" She let out a sigh. "An overhang." She mumbled her next words. "Thank goodness."

The feline didn't seem to bothered that the rain continued to pelt down on her fur... infact she looked almost relaxed or atleast enjoying it. She booked it for the dry area and shivered as a stray wind blew on her wet fur. "I thought most felines hated rain?" The words slipped out of her mouth before she could stop them.

Epine de Rose
Ah well, Zephyranthes had provided the wild dog with an opportunity for reprieve but if she wished to find another solution then so be it. Zephyr was never one to force another and even with the encounter only moments old, the lioness was acutely aware of the fact that this wild dog was wary and uncertain of her. She supposed if she took this into account it was really no surprise that the dog was avoiding her.

"Alrighty then," she replied with a loose shrug. She smiled warmly and took a seat, maintaining her distance from the wild dog. She needed her personal space and Zephyr would give her that, even if Wyn was making it a touch difficult for herself to find some comfort.

"I have noticed that a lot of my kind out here dislike water," she nodded in an agreeable fashion and then chuckled. "But given that I grew up on a beach, I find I'm very fond of the wet stuff and how puffy it makes my fur," she announced. It was then that she tilted her head to the side and observed the wild dog more closely. "Although your coat does seem ill suited to heavy rain, it isn't coarse enough... is that why you're uncomfortable?"

Tara de Draiocht
Despite herself she found her interest peeking and one word caused her head to tilt curiousity showing. "A beach?" She eyed the other female and noted the puffiness... it suited the feline somehow. "Oh uh-" Wyn eyed the ground before looking up. "It makes me smell." Wyn said bluntly totally serious for a few minutes before a giggle slipped out. She couldn't help but tease. "Just kidding--well sort of as the smell of wet fur is--" She wrinkled her nose cutely. "--rather strong at times, but rain is... kind of sad? I don't know I find myself gloomy on dark days like these."

This was different, it was rare to chat with a feline. Well at least from her experience in life. Take a chance. An inner voice seemed to speak to her and so she did. "I'm Wyn'tr or Wyn to some." She shook lightly again to get rid of the wet still clinging to her fur and frowned. Great now her dry place was wet. Ah well. Positive! Think positively Wyn.. at least the rock above her head was blocking the rain.

Epine de Rose
"Zephyranthes at your service, medicine-woman and herbalist in the Bahari'mtoto," she replied, offering the wild dog the same courtesy. Wyn was becoming braver, perhaps as it dawned on her that Zephyr was about as harmless as a young cub. "Though most refer to me as Zephyr as it's easier on the tongue," she mused with a grin. With the introductions now completed, she returned to the other topics at hand.

"The beaches are a world of sand, lined by endless expanses of water," she explained softly, her eyes warming. "Ever changing, but ever pure, they shift under foot and ripple with a gentle warmth," she continued. Her smile deepened and she motioned in the rough direction of where her home lay. It was still some distance off, but would have been accessible if Wyn was ever curious.

"As for the rain...while the clouds may be dark, I always find they're a representation of how the world feels," she gazed upwards for a few moments and sighed. "Desperate for reprieve from the warm sun, overwhelmed by hunger and parched with thirst. Their mood is dark and gloomy, yet the rain brings everything they could wish for. Sanctuary, new life, new crops... And when it clears the skies are bright again and the world seems a little purer, you know?"

Now if Wyn had wanted to live a life of positivity, Zephyr was certainly an example of what it might look like!

Tara de Draiocht
Whoa, this Zephyranthes certainly sounded important. "Zephyr it is then," Wyn had a feeling if she had to say the others full name she would embarass herself by stumbling it out. "Beaches sound quite lovely," Wyn tried to put a picture to the words yet couldn't as sand was a foreign word. Maybe it was like mud? She shrugged internally and caught the movement of the other gesturing off to the distance. It looked interesting from what she could see from her spot. Her temporary companion certainly was intelligent and was one with the earths ways. "I guess I never really thought of it that way..." Wyn turned to look at Zephyr then back at the sky--"Oh! Look, there in the distance... it looks like the rain is passing." A smile was already blooming on her face.

She took a deep breath of clean earth and exhailed. "Thank you for keeping me company even if I was a grumpy companion. It shouldn't be too bad to walk in now. A little muddiness wouldn't hurt anyone." Wyn chuckled.

Epine de Rose
"You see?" Zephyr chuckled as the rain began to let up and Wyn's demeanour brightened. Brief as their meeting might have been, it had been fitting. The lioness couldn't help but suspect that without their encounter the wild dog's mood would have steadily declined. "As light returns to the world, it returns to you too," she pointed out and tilted her head to the side.

"Not so gloomy after all, is it?" she asked and flicked her gaze upwards. It had been short lived, the rain, but it had been the reprieve that she had needed at least...and some of the dust had left her coat.

"Though it might take some getting used to, one day your fur might become waxy with enough exposure," she added and returned her gaze to the Wild Dog, "If you desire that opportunity at least," she murmured and shook her head.

"Alas, now that you don't need shelter any more I suppose I should let you go. I have a need for herbs and they aren't terribly common out here, if I don't keep walking myself, then I might miss one and you might miss whatever you need too," she finished, unaware of what significance this may have to Wyn.

Tara de Draiocht
"No it isn't so gloomy after all." She replied softly with a small smile on her face. Maybe she did need this encounter, it was certainly a positive push she needed. She wouldn't give up and she would continue to look for her father. It was only a matter of time and she could feel it. "It was a pleasure to meet you and as silly as this may sound it helped clear my head. " Wyn bowed her head politely. "May you always travel with safety! Goodluck with finding your herbs!" That being said Wyn stepped out into the sun and continued on her journey.

END