Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Rough Around the Edges [Aurora x Remarque] [Fin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:54 pm
After speaking with Alex, Jett had been in a rather curious position. Met with the information that Aurora was worse off than he'd thought, he had decided to take it upon himself to see if there wasn't something he could do to convince her to take a bit of an aggressive approach to her position. It wasn't that he wanted her to lurch into battles—just that he wanted to know she could defend herself if someone started one.

He had contacted her earlier with a simple request—a time and location in which he wanted to meet up with her. He'd arrived a little earlier than the time he'd sent her, half because he wanted to be there when she arrived, and half because he wanted to make sure the area was safe when she got there.

While he was most typically comfortable with meeting in the open, he'd selected an area a bit out of the way—an empty warehouse he'd occasionally found to be a hotspot for the homeless. It was empty tonight; he'd made sure of that. Remarque sat himself down on a crate and reclined; he trusted Aurora to arrive, and suspected she'd be there some time soon. It was his own fault for choosing to arrive early, but if she could take something out of tonight, the wait would be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

Aurora had no idea what she was getting into. And was even further confused when lo and behold, the location turned out to be a warehouse. She had zero clue about warehouses. Did they mean bad news? Was this where the DMC held their super secret meetings? Was Remarque going to confess his love for her and not Lesath OH GOSH WHOA..

She peeked her head in through the door and saw him reclining on a crate. Just him. Only him. That was even more confusing. Apparently this wasn't a super secret meeting after all. At least, not between the whole group. Just them.

The newbie moved forward, cleared her throat. "So! You wanted to see me, co-captain?"  

Ryndilee

Salty Dark Elf

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 pm
With Aurora's entrance, Remarque stretched and stood. "I did," he replied casually. He figured that, while he considered this meeting to be of importance, there was no reason to rush into it without adhering to formalities. "Wanted to check in on you, see how you were doing. How have you been holding up?" he prompted, giving the girl a look over to make sure she wasn't sporting any massive injury. After Alexandre's warning, he'd wondered more so how the girl was handling everything. For as much as he'd like to leave her to her own affairs and not hover over her like an overprotective hen, with the issue of her unwillingness to fight being brought to his attention, he couldn't simply ignore it.

Ryndilee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 am
Kyuseisha no Hikari

Uhhhh...

The girl did indeed sport some bruises and such on her arms and legs, some old and fading while others were fresh. "Ahahahahaha, I can't lie. I've had better times." She really wished she could lie, but she just felt so GUILTY doing it. "A lot of people I can talk to but there was this one girl who tried to kill me - Navi saved me, thankfully - and.." Aurora trailed off. Was Beni the one who had set up this meeting? Had he mentioned Lenka? She really REALLY didn't want any of the Dark Mirrors going after her, nor the other chibis for that matter. "Yeah, I'm.. so-so."

Ergh, and this was after she had tried so hard to impress Remarque during their first meeting too!  

Ryndilee

Salty Dark Elf

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 pm
Remarque nodded thoughtfully and told her, first things first, "Lying is a practiced skill. One, however, you should never practice with me. When I ask, I expect honesty. It isn't often that I allow myself to take concern, so when I do, I appreciate cooperation."

Appreciate being the nice way of saying 'demand'.

"That in mind, two questions. One, who did Navi save you from and list me everyone you've fought with, please, and two, do you have any intention of gearing yourself up for battle in the near future to avoid any more near-death-experiences?"

It was obvious that while he wasn't mad, neither was he screwing around. He didn't want to waste Aurora's time any more than he wanted to waste his own, and tonight he wasn't here to gossip or tease. Tonight, he wanted to know who to keep an eye out for, and what he could do to keep Aurora safe.

Ryndilee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

"Yyyyyessir," she said quickly to Remarque's appreci-- demand.

"Ah. Uhm." She smacked her lips as she thought back to all of her past battles. "The one Navi saved me from, we didn't get her name but she was all colorful pastels. There was.. ah.. Pandora, with the cowboy or cowgirl hat. And Ate. And Tianguan." She said that name slowly and carefully so that she could pronounce it right. "Acubens..." Aurora frowned deeply at the mention of THAT name. "And, uhm, Lenka..." She waved her hands frantically at the mention of THAT name. "But she's a little girl so I wouldn't worry about it too much!" Oh please don't do anything bad to poor Lenka. Oh please, oh please, oh please.

"What do you mean, gearing myself up..?" Fidget, fidget, fidget.  

Ryndilee

Salty Dark Elf

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 pm
Remarque had developed a bad habit of late; he chewed on the inside of his cheek as she spoke.

Remarque was not happy—not in the slightest.

The pastel senshi, Pandora, Tianguan—nobodies to him. But Ate? Ate who had tried to kill Virtus? And Lenka, who was a notorious menace despite her chibi stature? …And Acubens? Poor, lost Acubens.

He couldn't abide by anyone attacking his senshi, so he made a mental note to watch out for any senshi decked in pastels, and memorized the two otherwise unfamiliar names to the best of his ability.

"Lenka is vicious," he said with a wave of his hand. "Don't take her lightly. She is little, but she is also a pain in the a**. If you can, just push her over and be done with it," he sighed; he'd had his fair share of run ins with her, but no matter how obnoxious the girl was, he had never responded with more violence than necessary.

"Now, by 'gearing yourself up', I mean have you any intention to prepare yourself for battle? Are you taking any classes, training with anyone—hitting up the gym?"

Ryndilee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:13 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

"Ah.. I didn't attack her at all. Actually, Ate didn't really get to attack me at all either. I sort of surprised her with my attack so she let me go. Ahahahaha." Aurora rubbed at her wrist. The senshi of pollution was so surprised that Aurora had actually kissed her as an attack that the battle ended rather quickly. Lenka's battle, on the other hand, reminded her again of the bad things. "Uhm, something has been bothering me about Lenka though. I'm, really glad that you say just to - I dunno - push her down, because I wouldn't want to harm a child. Ever. Benitoite said basically the same thing..."

Ask about the murder, ask about the murder...

"Is that the general consensus of everyone? To leave them alone?" Ergh, sidestepping the other issue. Maybe she would get back to it. Maybe. "Oh! As for the, ah, training - I did some with Bazzite and I make it a point to train on the monkey bars at least every other night!"  

Ryndilee

Salty Dark Elf

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 am
Remarque couldn't help but raise a brow at Aurora. "Monkey bars? Really? It's a novel idea, I'll give you that much. Benitoite recommended I keep an eye out for you. So I figured I'd drop in and see just what we're dealing with. Monkey bars might help you build a little arm muscle, but that's not going to do much unless you plan on taking up gymnastics or something. Now, I have faith that Benitoite might be able to whip you into shape," who was he kidding—Benitoite was a good warrior, but how much was she going to retain from his teachings? "But I think it would be wise to invest in some more physical training, if you can manage. You don't want to be the weak link out there. There are those that will find you, and use you—hurt you, even—if they knew you had an aversion to fighting. A weakness, as it were. So I'm afraid you don't have the luxury of escaping battle. You need to be more hands on, more aware of the world around you and how to defend yourself against it. You need to know how to fight. However," Remarque's voice was stern, "This does not mean I want you to pick up a few ones and go out there and attack with reckless abandon. There are times to fight, and times to take other action. You will fight, for example, one who is attacking you. This doesn't mean you have to kill and, on the contrary, I'd prefer you didn't. You never know who can be of use to you and you don't want to execute what could be a valuable resource. Plus," he gave her a quick look over. "I don't want you losing sleep over anything. I haven't discussed the chibis with other members of the group, though Lenka has encountered a number of us and still lives, so I can only assume the general consensus is that we not waste our time with them."

He leaned back just slightly, crossing his arms over his chest. "Are you taking any of this in?" It wasn't that he thought her stupid, and for as much as Remarque loved the sound of his voice—as much as he loved an audience—he wasn't very keen to waste his time on important matters if Aurora needed more time to let it all sink in.

Ryndilee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:56 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

"Ahhh... ahahaha." Yeah, she was taking it in. She realized that she needed to know all of this. That she really, really shouldn't be the weakest link. At least some of her encounters so far told her that. Navi had saved her from one of them, even. Pandora probably would've beaten her if she hadn't used her magic. Ate even moreso. Aurora's blind faith and optimism could only take her so far. Yet...

"Yeah, I'm taking it in. I just don't ... fight, for very personal reasons. Ahahaha." Reasons that included her dead mother. "Personally I'm not really, ah, made..? for war. So I gotta wonder why .. how.. I was chosen as a sailor senshi." She tilted her head, gave him a quizzical look. "I mean, ahahahaha-" She started waving her hands, or what could only be hands under those sleeves. "I'm not saying I hate it, or that I won't do my duty. And I know I need to learn more on how to defend myself. But I'm not a very good fighter, and I don't ever want to hurt anyone. Uhm... does that make sense? I-I mean, I will defend myself! Or if someone hurts my teammate I'll retaliate!" And hopefully not hurt them too badly, eh, Esme? "But I.. yeah."  

Ryndilee

Salty Dark Elf

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 am
Aurora's laughing was enough to make Remarque keep his brow quirked; he assumed he was making her uncomfortable, but better uncomfortable than dead. "First of all, never doubt why you were chosen as a senshi. Physical fighting isn't the only way to fight, don't forget that. Words can be as powerful as fists. However, fists are far more practical." Especially when your mouth was getting you in trouble.

"Ares chose you for a reason. Don't be upset if you're still settling in. I was fortunate enough to have a background in fighting before Ares found me. I don't have a problem hurting people, probably because in the ring it's hurt or be hurt. There were other things on the line—it was enjoyable. A hobby." Something he found himself sorely missing since joining the Dark Mirror Senshi. It was rare that he made it to the gym, and even more rare that he found someone to box with. "Regardless, I understand that you and I are two very different people, so I'm not going to ask you to follow in my footsteps or to do as I do. You might not want to fight, might not want to hurt people, though you know there are manners of self defense that wouldn't require hurting your attacker, right? They have fighting forms that focus on redirecting your opponent's attack instead of focusing on teaching you how to hurt them."

Ryndilee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:07 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

"Ahahahaha." Yes. Yes indeed this was all making her uncomfortable. Not that she really registered it as such. "I guess... so." There had been a lot of talking rather than fighting for the past few months, which she felt good about. Great even! Made some friends, some frienemies.. But not everyone felt the same as her about that whole .. fighting thing.

Huu. Remarque was a ring fighter? But he talked like an angel! A very smooth criminal angel.

"Right. Bazzite taught me something like that. But I'm, uh, still pretty rusty. Hahaha. And I don't really know where to learn anything outside of, you know, magical people. Maybe I can learn some smooth moves on Dance Central? Ehehehe."  

Ryndilee

Salty Dark Elf

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am
Bazzite? Oh, Remarque wasn't so sure that was a good idea, though he supposed that everyone had a starting point for what worked for them. Never mind the fact that he had no idea what Dance Central was—all he knew was that it definitely did not sound like the place to learn how to defend yourself. "I suppose," he said, skepticism heavy in his voice. "Though I really would recommend something that promises a bit more practice. If I may?" he prompted, and then held up a hand a bit away from him, open palmed and facing her. "I don't care how you do it, or what methods, but as hard as you can, I want you to strike my hand. Or, we can do the alternative, where I pretend to be out for blood and you show me what prowess you've made in the 'smooth moves' department so far. Can you manage that, Aurora? It's for educational purposes, honest. Absolutely necessary."

Ryndilee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 pm
Kyuseisha no Hikari

"Ahahahahaha...."

Well. Uh. Buh. Wha'.

"I, uh, uhm, ah... don't... really... want to use my smooth moves on you, because.. uh... Lesath might be... really, really, ah, angry with me and.. I don't.. want her to be angry with me, ahahaha.... Nor you." She waved her arms again, all defensive. "I don't want you to be angry with me either! So I think, I guess, uhm, that is to say... Unless it's absolutely, uhm, necessary.. I guess."  

Ryndilee

Salty Dark Elf

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:38 am

Remarque quickly found himself raising a brow at the senshi of romance, wondering if she and he had different ideas of the definition of 'smooth moves'. "Okaaaay," he drawled, trying not to linger on the subject for too terribly long. "My request still stands, though. I want to see how much damage you can do it one hit. Unless you have so little faith in yourself that you don't even want to give it a go, in which…"

…In which, what? What would he do? He wasn't the best person to give tips on how to defend yourself; his defense was s**t. He took blows regular, if it meant he could get another blow in—just because he knew he could handle it.

"…In which," he continued, "I suppose I could show you how to throw a proper punch or something." Not that he was certain she'd ever muster up the courage to throw a punch, but damn it. Benitoite had expressed concern, and Remarque wasn't going to leave without teaching her something. Not when there were people out there that could kill her—and would, if given the opportunity.

Ryndilee

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces