Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Our Farewell [ Ofelia x Before ] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:54 pm
Maybe it was because she was still a bit dizzy from trying to burn herself clean in the showers, or maybe it was because she just didn't want to think straight, but either way Ofelia was just wandering aimlessly about. Her skin was a pretty shade of lobster brown, steam almost seemed to be radiating off of her, and even though her clothes were dry her hair was still a sopping wet mess - like she hadn't even bothered to braid or dry it properly.

There was no destination in mind, no where she felt truly okay to go, but she needed to get her mind off things. Ofelia needed to try not to think about anyone, anything, and so she headed towards the kitchen to grab herself a snack before deciding to hide the rest of her life away in her dorm room.

Huni Pi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 am
Before's safe space was starting to feel less and less safe. Normally no one bothered him when he was there. Normally he was just left to his own devices, save for one or two trainees who hovered around long enough to snag a taste if he was making something. Yes, rather than his bedroom, the actual location meant for privacy and theoretically safety, Before had decided his safe space was the kitchen.

Which had been empty when he arrived. It was an odd time to be there, too late to prepare for a meal and too early to start a snack, which was why he was there. He'd settled himself in front of one of the workstations, not really doing anything beside contemplating things.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:04 am
Ofelia was halfway into the kitchen, her eyes still cast downward on the ground and her feet leading her wherever she needed to go, when she saw boots enter her line of vision. At first she just stood there confused, not really used to seeing boots, but as her head jerked upward and the rest of the figure came into place the red-head felt her stomach suddenly flip and take her heart out with it. It didn't look like he'd noticed her, not at all, and so Ofelia was about to back out and leave when. . .

. . . she tripped over the hem of her own jacket. It sent her tumbling down with a hard crash. In the process she knocked over a few pots and pans, just because fate and nature seemed to think there needed to be more noise, and she landed with a heavy strike against her left elbow. Thankfully she hadn't hit her head and was actually still able to look at Before.

Unless she wanted to get up and run away, unable to face him, which she totally was, but the fall had stunned her into motionlessness.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 am
Before literally jumped at the sudden noise, his body instinctively falling into a stance that would have looked much more menacing if he actually had a weapon in his arms. He had reacted as he and every hunter was (theoretically) trained to react, and that was summon your weapon and brace for the worst. Except he forgot Vanna was still a tablet and her chiding was not coming.

Gloved hands instead clenched into fists and arms pulled close to his body. Only... only it didn't seem to be a hostile individual failing to sneak up on him. It was Ofelia. And Before didn't know what to make of it. He was still feeling the lingering traces anger from what she'd done and what she'd told him.

"You okay?" he asked as neutrally as he could, refraining from using the nickname he'd become accustomed to using.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 am
"Uhm....yeah, sorry." Ofelia didn't even say thanks for his concern, if he was showing concern, and instead pushed herself upright. Her elbow was stinging and singing to her with pain, a sensation she hadn't felt in a long while thanks to Rue's protective shield, and wordlessly the red-head passed by Before as she made her way to the sink to wash off the dirt. The kitchen floor usually was cleaner, or at least she liked to keep it clean whenever she was in there, and since she had what looked like dirt on her elbow it would need scrubbing.

Way, way later after she was gone and Before was gone and this was a horrible situation. Ofelia didn't know what to say, she was happy to see Before was safe and sound but there was something nagging at the pit of her stomach. The word was on her lips, dancing on her tongue like a bitter poison, and as the water turned on and ran over her elbow she finally spit it out.

Better to spit the poison then swallow a stone.

"Ya hate me."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 am
Before folded his arms across his chest as he wordlessly watched Ofelia get to her feet and head for the sink. Later, much later, when his head was clearer and he was in a calmer mood, he would kick himself for not helping her. Yes, he was angry at her, like, really really angry at her, and in the heat of the moment he felt himself justified in his fury. She'd gone and attacked Bix and admitted to helping kill him.

It wasn't like she was defending herself from the mess that was a monster-hunter fusion. That he could have loopholed himself into thinking her innocent. But she'd gone and told him she was at fault. She robbed him of the ability to claim blame!

However, when she spoke, when he heard her say those words, Before found himself shaking his head. "No. Not hate. I focusing my hate on select individuals. You're not one of them."

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 am
"Yes Ah am." The water kept running over her elbow, washing away the sting and bringing up fresh wounds. The water reminded her of the shower, of her thoughts inside that shower and how she turned the burning towards her to clean everything. It was in her instinct that she turned her hand towards the faucet again and brought the water up on high and hot; steam started to rise from the sink and fill the air above her head. "It's okay though, Ah deserve it."

Gingerly she stuck her elbow back under the water and hissed through her teeth at the biting pain that the hot water gushed onto her. Her skin was starting to redden right away but she had her back to Before, out of his sight, and she wouldn't let him see her shake. She needed to clean this wound, this festering self-inflicted injury, or else Ofelia would never forgive herself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:50 am
Before quirked a brow, "And when did you suddenly become me?" he demanded, his voice unusually harsh. "If I say I don't hate you, I don't hate you. It's not your place to say otherwise." He glared at the Sunny's back for a few moments, finding this exchange uncomfortable wholly unsatisfying.

Damn it, he wanted to be alone for a reason! Instead the universe seemed to conspire against his desire for solitude in what he deemed was his safe space! Frustration began to mount in him, almost to the point he going to believe he could produce steam from the heat of his glare.

Wait. Steam?

"The ********!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" he yelled, jaw slightly agape as he stared in disbelief at Ofelia's method of tending to her elbow.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:03 am
Ofelia turned and looked at Before at his sudden voice raising, at his demand to know what she was doing, and she pulled her elbow out to show him. "Ah'm jus' treatin' mah wound, then Ah'll be on mah way." The skin about her lower arm was red and starting to blister, smoking in some areas, and the wound itself that she had gotten from her mild scrape looked inflamed beyond what simply running it under water should have done.

A frown crossed over her face as she turned the water off and went for a paper towel, not wanting to use any of the dishcloths to dry her injury. "It's better ta burn out the problem, always has been." She patted at her elbow, drying it off and looking back and forth between Before and herself. "B'sides, dun worry 'bout me. Ah dun deserve it okay, so jus'. . . "

Ofelia trailed off, unsure of what else to say.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 pm
Before's brows knitted together in suppressed anger, "Nu uh, you are so not treating your wounds like that! Not while I'm around." Jesus Christ was this how Ofelia handled herself whenever they weren't together? Or had she always been this way and he never noticed?

Without thinking, he made to grab her just below her shoulder, somehow believing his anger-fueled indignation would give him enough strength to pull the young woman along. "Burning s**t is only good for when you're desperate to get rid of infections. What you're doing is making s**t worse," he growled. "Now you are going to let me drag you to the infirmary and we are getting your s**t looked at the right way. And if it's ******** full I am busting in and grabbing a first aid kit."

He was getting angrier at Ofelia, mostly because she wasn't letting him savor his frustration and misplaced sense of betrayal. She could at least give him a reason to feel bad for being angry at her :/

Rown

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:42 pm
Ofelia didn't like this, she didn't like the way her whole body seemed to burn with all kinds of emotions the moment Before grabbed her. His words seemed to blur together, she wasn't even sure she understand half of what he was saying, and without Rue in her head to chastise her, without any more thoughts, Ofelia was finding herself being led to the infirmary. She'd followed obidently, not wanting to put up a fuss, but the more they went along and the more he said just made everything hurt worse. His touch on her skin was boiling far, far more than the scalding she gave her elbow, and the redhead didn't know why.

Eventually her thoughts connected, a light turned on, and the weight of everything she'd thought she'd forgotten continued to drip into her mind. Why was he being kind? Why was she allowing this? "Ah killed Bix, so don' touch me." she said, and without much ado or fuss Ofelia yanked her arm free.

Never once did she think she'd shy away from Before's touch, he was a wonderful source of hugs and pats and Ofelia craved affection, yet here she was acting as though his fingers carried a plague that would devour her. "His death is on mah hands, so dun pretend that neither'a us dun know it." she spoke again, trembling as her hand gingerly moved to where Before had been grasping. "Wit' these hands Ah did mah best ta skin 'em alive, even knowin' who he was. Ah did it, wit'out Rue's guidance."

Was it a lie, or was it the truth? So much of those events had been lost to the dark waters of Insanity.

Huni Pi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 pm
"I know that," Before snapped, turning around to glare at her while they were still in the corridor, "Don't you think I don't remember what you did and said? You weren't the only one that brought him down!" He exclaimed loudly, his voice echoing along the walls, "But you're my friend, and you're important to me, and I want you alive so I can exact my revenge on you."

Was he serious? The first two thirds were certainly wholeheartedly meant but with the third sounded like he was half-joking. Then again, with the serious look on his face, Before might have meant it.

Rown

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 pm
"Then take yer revenge." Ofelia lowered her hands to her side and closed her eyes, ready.

It was taking everything she had, all of her willpower, not to start crying hysterically. Everything was a mess, she was a bundle of nerves and unease and everything else without Rue in her mind, and even though she was so happy for the silence it was the quiet that was scaring her.

The quiet, and the paranoia from the steady detoxification from Insanity. "If yer the one ta do it, Ah dun mind."

She wanted to be hated, wanted to be injured. All of it, she deserved every last bit of his hate.

Rue would be so proud of her.

Huni Pi
MY FEELS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:10 pm
Before planted his feet, staring hard at Ofelia as she surrendered herself to whatever he had planned for her. The Mist glared, hard, frowning when she closed her eyes because he wanted her to see it. Well, fine then! Rob him of one more thing, Ofie, why don't ya? He drew his arm back and when he brought his hand to Ofelia's face, he simply flicked her forehead.

"Open your eyes, Dinah," he ordered quietly.

Rown
>8D

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 pm
Ofelia was so ready, so ready in fact that when he got close enough to her and she felt him move her body actually flinched, but when all she felt was a flick on the forehead and the instructions to open her eyes everything was released. Still, she did tremble as she did as she was told, cautiously opening her empty eye socket before the one that contained her gray eye actually looked.

She wasn't go. . .yes, yes she was. Ofelia looked at him and her bottom lip quivered before a single tear slid itself down her cheek. Another followed, then another, and the teen simply stood crying in silence before Before.

Huni Pi
oh no u didn't

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas