Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[TRAINING] Every Girl Can be a Princess [ Ofie + Jake ] FIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Moon Hunter
PRINCESS ISLAND

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

General Information
Maintaining a superior defense is the pride of the Moon Division, defending even at the expense of attacking. However, this can be hard, especially for trainees who just got new magic weapons full of glowing and powers. Thus the Princess Island. At the center of the island sits a princess who will do absolutely nothing to protect herself, and it's up to you to build defenses that will withstand shadowling attacks so she she doesn't die in a horribly realistic manner.

There's four main paths for shadowling's to travel through, and you have 3 types of building materials to create your defenses from: straw bales, wood, and bricks. The sturdier the material, the sturdier the barrier, but the fewer you can build in the allotted time. After a set amount of time, the princess will crush a pumpkin pill, attracting varying amounts of lurking shadowlings. You get to watch helplessly from the observation station, without getting to attack yourself.

These creature are extremely weak and ill formed, coming up against a solid defense they will disperse, but in turn they also weaken said defense. When a defense goes down, they go right to the princess and attack her. Should she survive the wave, you get to go back down, rebuild, and do it again.

If you fail: the princess has died, horribly, and you've wasted a lot of time on this only to look fairly incapable. All things considered? Most pleasant course to fail.

If you win: peen points and bragging rights go to those with the healthiest princess and lasted through the most attack waves.
If you choose to go beyond 5 rounds, switch the enemy dice roll to 4 d20s.

Mechanics
  • Your princess has 20 hp
  • First, roll the strength of you defense, using the dice for whichever building type you choose.

Brick: 4 d12
    Wood: 8 d6
    Hay bales: 12 d4

The order of the die determine the HP for each barrier location. For example, with bricks, rolling 5/6/8/1, would mean that path 1 has 5 HP, path 2 has 6 HP and so on. With a wood roll of 3/3/3/1/2/5/5/2, the first 2 dice would equal the amount of the first path. Brick would be the least math-y of the building materials (you lazy asses.)
  • Roll 4 d12 for the attacking forces. Once again the order of the dice correspond with the path being affected. Then do the math to determine the status of your defenses and princess.
    Example:
    My defenses are 5/6/8/10
    The attackers are 3/7/3/8

The result defenses are 2/-1/5/2
    Negative numbers are taken off the princesses HP, leaving her at 19 HP.
  • Go back and rebuild your defenses in the same manner as before, you'll be building on top of old defenses so you add the new defense HP to the remaining defense HP. Negative numbers = 0 HP for the defense, not negative HP.
  • Minimum rounds to complete the course is 3

Bonus Mechanics
  • Their defense expertise allows them to build slightly sturdier barriers. This applies to all paths that start at 0 hp. They do not stack. So if you are re-building on a barrier that lasted from an existing round, this bonus does not apply, as it is already still in effect.

• Trainees: 0 hp bonus
  • Moon Trainees: +1 hp bonus to each path
  • Hunters: +1 hp to each path
  • Moon Hunters: + 2 hp to each path

Status

Wave: (current wave number)

Path 1 HP:
Path 2 HP:
Path 3 HP:
Path 4 HP:

Princess HP: /20

[quote="Status"]
[size=14][color=#00BFFF][b]Wave: (current wave number)[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Path 1 HP:[/b]
[b]Path 2 HP:[/b]
[b]Path 3 HP:[/b]
[b]Path 4 HP:[/b]

[b]Princess HP:[/b] /20
[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 am
And so they reached the Princess Island wonderful training system. Ofelia loved this game, it was so much easier than all the others and didn't really involve death or darts or being mobbed by shadow creatures, and to be here doing it again the redhead actually felt pretty content. She wondered what princess she would draw this time (last time she'd gotten herself) and several ideas of different people in dresses made her snicker as she limped towards the starting point.

Turning to look behind she called to the kid, motioning weakly with her hand. "Hey Douche-kiddo, we gotta register fer a princess. Then we gotta build walls ta protect 'em an' pass five rounds that way." Easiest explanation of rules ever, or so Ofelia felt. "Ya got it?"

[A.V.]
ready ready?

Rown

Friendly Hunter

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 am
Ok. He was starting to get tired of that name now.
He held up a hand to stop her.

"Look here. I have a name. It's Jake. If I'm gonna be stuck here with you for who knows how long, than learn to use it."
As for whether Ofelia decided to offer up her name, and whether or not he'd end up using it, was an entirely different matter.

He only caught snippets of her explanation.
Princess. Wall. Protect.

"Yah, yah." he muttered.
In truth, nope. He didn't get it at all.

Rown
Yup! Wanna start us off? :>

Rown rolled 4 12-sided dice: 12, 5, 5, 4 Total: 26 (4-48)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:43 am
Ofelia moved over and pushed the Princess Button, backing up and waiting as hers was created. The golem jumped out and spread its arms, prompting a snort and a chuckle from the red-headed teen as she recognized it to be a certain moody blonde she spent time with. "Looks like Ah got an Otto Golem."

Are you here to protect me, my noble knight? The golem crooned.

Based on how piss poor her set up was, probably not.

"Go ahead an' set yers up, an' we'll run 'em at the same time."

Status

Wave: - setting up -

Path 1 HP: 12
Path 2 HP: 5
Path 3 HP: 5
Path 4 HP: 4

Princess HP: 20/20

[A.V.]

Rown

Friendly Hunter

[A.V.] rolled 4 12-sided dice: 1, 7, 7, 4 Total: 19 (4-48)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:01 am
The moment the princess golem stepped out, Jake did a double-take.
What...
It looked a LOT like that kid he saw back at the Haunted House...
And then it talked.

Jake stifled a snort.
He didn't know a lot of hunters yet, so he was slightly intrigued at who he would end up getting.

The golem was formed, and a pair of familiar blue eyes and black hair greeted him.
... Hairclip girl?

The Eva golem smiled sweetly at him.
"Please protect me!"

Oh hell.
If Ofelia thought HER defenses were poor, well...
It was quite clear Jake had no idea what he was doing.

Status

Wave: Set-up

Path 1 HP: 1
Path 2 HP: 7
Path 3 HP: 7
Path 4 HP: 4

Princess HP: /20

Rown

Rown rolled 4 12-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 4 Total: 15 (4-48)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:03 am
And so Ofelia managed to get to where she'd be safe, dragging "Jake" along with her (she still hadn't given her name) and as soon as they both were in place she crushed the pill that summoned forth the horde.

Small and sickly looking shadow creatures started rampaging down the path, their cries loud and scathing against the teen's ears. There was nothing to be afraid of, they were safe where they were, and when the smoke cleared from her path she looked to check it out.

My Hero, my lovely Hero, you have protected me! Otto Golem seemed so happy, smiling brightly from ear to ear and blowing kisses. Someone, someway, all her walls had held up.

Go Ofie.

"Ja...Jake? Yeah, Jake. How'd yers fair?"

Status

Wave: 1

Path 1 HP: 8
Path 2 HP: 2
Path 3 HP: 1
Path 4 HP: 0

[A.V.]
lol i have NO idea how i survived that XD

Rown

Friendly Hunter

[A.V.] rolled 4 12-sided dice: 10, 6, 1, 11 Total: 28 (4-48)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:27 pm
He was still prodding at the first path's defense, wondering how he got that single brick to stick that way when he felt himself dragged back.

"Hey! I wasn't finished!"

They had barely gotten up to the observation deck when the swarms of shadowlings came out, attracted to the crushed pumpkin pill.
Though he knew it was only a golem, he couldn't bear to watch.

When the shadowlings dispersed, he finally dared to look and...
Well... she was still standing. Somewhat.

"Uh..."

There were limbs missing, but she still seemed to look at him cheerfully.
He felt so guilty.

Status

Wave: 1

Path 1 HP: -9
Path 2 HP: 1
Path 3 HP: 6
Path 4 HP: -7

Princess HP: 4/20

Rown
LOL, clearly dice just doesn't like one of us. xD

Rown rolled 4 12-sided dice: 11, 3, 11, 3 Total: 28 (4-48)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:59 pm
His princess didn't look so good, maybe it was all her fault based on how he said he wasn't ready, but seeing as Ofelia's own princess was alive and kicking like a champ the red-head shrugged off Jake's complaints and went back down to the field. "Ya...can....rebuild...durin' a quick...break." That was enough of her explaining to him as she hurried to her section, grabbing some bricks to stack again.

When it was all over she looked at her progress, semi-frowning. Some of what she'd set up looked decent but other parts she'd barely found anything at all to stack. Otto-Princess didn't seem to worried though, instead he/she/it smiled with a thousand sunny smiles, and the red-head had to withhold a cackle to not sound as creepy as she felt.

"Hurry, we....dun got...much time b'tween. . . rounds."

Status

Wave: 2 (set up)

Path 1 HP: 19
Path 2 HP: 5
Path 3 HP: 12
Path 4 HP: 3

[A.V.]
i am so sorry for the delay i went out of town and apparently there is no such thing as wifi where i was )=

Rown

Friendly Hunter

[A.V.] rolled 8 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 5, 6, 3, 2, 6, 1 Total: 32 (8-48)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:00 pm
Seeing as his golem was barely standing and the redhead's was in perfect condition, this TOTALLY had to be her fault. Totally.
"Yeah yeah." he grumbled, following her back to the field.

Deciding that he had failed miserably with bricks, he decided to try wood this time, though... the likelihood of it being better than the first round was... not very high.

Status

Wave: Set-up

Path 1 HP: 0
Path 2 HP: 12
Path 3 HP: 11
Path 4 HP: 0

Princess HP: 4/20

Rown
No worries! Hope you had fun! o u o
And, uh... he is so going to lose this round LOL

Rown rolled 4 12-sided dice: 3, 7, 2, 5 Total: 17 (4-48)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:15 pm
"Yanno....bitchin' at me ain't gonna help yer princess." Ofelia frowned at Jake and pulled him along, settling the two of themselves in before she squeezed the pill and let the second round go. Her Otto-Princess got hit a bit, enough that it made an unhappy squeak, but otherwise, well?

She'd wait and see when it was all done.

Status

Wave: 2

Path 1 HP: 16
Path 2 HP: - 2
Path 3 HP: 10
Path 4 HP: - 2

Princess HP: 16/20

[A.V.]
ofie mocks you so damn hard jake

Rown

Friendly Hunter

[A.V.] rolled 4 12-sided dice: 6, 3, 1, 7 Total: 17 (4-48)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 pm
"If you have me TIME to finish setting up the first time, my golem wouldn't look like THAT."
He gestured to the Eva golem, who still seemed to have a smile on... whatever remained of its face. It seemed both arms had fallen off now and, well, HOW WAS IT EVEN STILL STANDING.

... and then it wasn't anymore. :T

Status

Wave: 2

Path 1 HP: -6
Path 2 HP: 9
Path 3 HP: 10
Path 4 HP: -7

Princess HP: GONE LIKE THE WIND.

Rown
He blames you, Ofie.
He blames you SO MUCH.

Rown rolled 4 12-sided dice: 9, 2, 12, 1 Total: 24 (4-48)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 pm
Whelp it looked like his princess didn't survive the run and Ofelia somewhat smirked, enjoying the sheer number of excuses he seemed to be spewing her way in regards to his own failure. It prompted a heavy sigh from her, mostly because she had nothing else to do, and the teen rubbed her temples.

"Get a new one an' Ah'll give ya time. Jus' meet me back in the box b'for Ah decide ta watch'ya get yer a** mauled by shadow beasts." She started back towards the stand, looking over her work. Two of her areas were bad, there was no denying it there, but at the very least it looked like the other two paths were the paths of champs.

Status

Wave: 3 (setting up)

Path 1 HP: 25
Path 2 HP: 2
Path 3 HP: 22
Path 4 HP: 1

Princess HP: 16/20

[A.V.]
mahahahahaha

Rown

Friendly Hunter

[A.V.] rolled 12 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 2, 3, 1 Total: 25 (12-48)

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 pm
They were just golems, right? No need to feel guilty. It wasn't like he actually got them KILLED or anything.
And besides, it shouldn't matter. They were just hunters. Bound to die anyways. Why should he care?

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" he grumbled, getting another golem. He was starting to think she only dragged him with her just so she could make him suffer.

He turned as soon as his golem was done, and just... gawked.
Short blond hair, golden eyes...
Clearly, someone up there hated him.

The Sherry golem only smiled at him.

"I guarantee NOTHING."

He huffed, slapped up some straw defenses (because quantity >>>>>>>> quality, right?) and went up to the observation tower.
Why couldn't he get a golem that WASN'T a girl?

Status

Wave: Setting-up

Path 1 HP: 7
Path 2 HP: 4
Path 3 HP: 8
Path 4 HP: 6

Rown
I dun even know what to do with him. :T

Rown rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:59 pm
[ rown doesn't know how to roll dice )= ]  

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Rown rolled 4 12-sided dice: 6, 8, 3, 8 Total: 25 (4-48)

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Jake just kept yelling and it was starting to wear on Ofelia's nerves. If she hadn't been injured, if she hadn't been on enough pain meds to take down a cow, she probably would be yelling with him or at him or whatever else she liked doing, but as it stood she just flipped him he bird and pulled him inside the booth as the shadowlings started to creep. She'd need to wait and see what happened, and the teen didn't really hold her breath as she waited for the dust to clear - she'd passed already once before.

When it was all said and done she got a look at Otto golem and...well, frowned. Her two walls she had been iffy about hadn't held in the slightest and now her beloved princess was practically dead on her feet.

Its feet.

Whatever.

"How's it on yer side?"

Status

Wave: 3

Path 1 HP: 19
Path 2 HP: - 6
Path 3 HP: 19
Path 4 HP: - 7

Princess HP: 3/20

[A.V.]
all the fail on 2 and 4