Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Wrapped Up in Books [ Ofelia + Allan ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 am
Ofelia got out, again, but her arms were still pretty much in slings and she looked a little miserable. The slings were mostly air slings, she could pull her arms out as she wanted so long as she didn't stress them too much, and the redhead found herself sneaking into the kitchens as soon as she could spare the chance. It wasn't that she felt super comfortable in there, which would have made her feel like the kitchen was a place of solitude and she was totally a woman, but rather she liked to cook and without Rue her appetite had completely changed. Her weapon wasn't there to shank up her metabolism so she needed to figure something else out to eat. Plus she was totally craving something deep fried and they didn't serve that in the infirmary.

Tiptoing silently, because she left her shoes behind to prevent too much noise, Ofelia crept down the hallway and into her favorite abode. Hopefully there wouldn't be a body laying around like last time to prevent her from cooking, or an overly chatty person. Ofelia wanted fried chicken and with Deus as her witness she was going to eat fried chicken.

That was until she saw someone in the kitchen already, a person she thought maybe she knew? It took her a few blinks to place their face, she was still coming in from keeping her eye on the ground, and when she figured who it was a bright grin crossed her lips. "Allan-taichewed? What brings ya ta the kitchen?"

Zoobey
hi this is for you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:38 am
'Allan-twaichow' looked up from his... army of stuff. There really was no good way to explain what was happening here.

Firstly, the Sun Lead thought it would be a wonderful idea to borrow Simon's frilly pink apron to set him in the mood. Secondly, nestled between two cookbooks - one which was in Japanese and the other upside down - was a colouring book. While the colouring book was only half-coloured, next to it were three bowls. Two of them looked surprisingly even, the dough pretty much ready to be baked, while the third-

- It might have been the Pocky sticking out of it at awkward angles -

-Which didn't help that somehow it looked like the spoons at each end were actually alien eyes -

- And did nothing to explain the green goo pooling at the base of the bowl or why it was indeed, bubbling. Enough to make a Macbeth witch proud, without a doubt.

- And now it was smoking.

"Ofie-chan!" Allan looked looked up from the two bottles of Ramune he had just unplugged. "Do you know where Simon-kun went? He helped me out, but I can't remember how to finish this and..."

The third bowl might have blurped.

Rown

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 am
"Ehehehehe." Ofelia couldn't help but giggle, her mood lifted about tenfold thanks to Allan's chipper amazingness, and part of her couldn't help but to think back to how he made everyone feel so much better with their tablets. He even seemed to make the tablets themselves move, though she didn't have Rue with her to test that weird theory out. "No, Ah haven' seen Simon, but Ah jus' got here. Ya wanna have me look fer 'em or lend ya a hand?" The redhead was looking at everything laid out, growing more and more excited (and curious) with each glance.

Did that thing just blurp? Oh man it was so awesome that she decided to run out of the room tonight. If she got caught again Allan would always make an excellent excuse and/or alibi. He even looked adorable in the apron how was this fair it totally was not fair and Ofelia started to wish she had one of her own. Maybe that would be something she could buy her next time out?

Still, what was it he was making? Were those eyes? Seriously, pocky things? Why did he open drinking bottles? "Whatcha makin'? Ah've never seen anythin' this way b'for, so Ah'm curious ta learn."

Zoobey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:09 am
Allan looked a little crestfallen at Simon's status quo. "Well, you see, we were gonna make takoyaki, but none of us brought fresh squid, so Simon-kun said he was going to get some fresh squid, as fresh as possible, and for me to focus my cooking energies into this colouring book, but then I thought, wait, if I focus too much of my ninja chakra, the book might be overwhelmed by my power, so I decided to continue the takoyaki base and-"

He finally paused, pointing at the upside down book. It was a dictionary. The current word Allan had one thumb half-pressed over probably said "RAINFOREST: a tropical climate filled with vege-"

"Is that one ramune bottle or two?" The Sun lead dubiously began to pour more fizzy soda into the bowl, causing the contents to turn a lovely shade of lime green. At some point, the blurping might have also evolved into unusual wails of the undead flour as the bowl began to fizzle and smoke harder. Looking rather panicked, Allan grabbed the bowl in both hands and began to stir with a whisk a little too vigorously.

Somewhere in the process, he had handed Ofie the upside-down dictionary.

"Ofie-chan!" Allan managed to call out between the fizzling and smoking and goo flying everywhere, "Quickly now, tell me the next step! The dark forces within the content of this bowl threaten to swallow us, but only by using the power of the Sacred Ninja Cooking Scroll can we tame this evil once and for all!"

Rown

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am
It was a good thing the book was upside down, or at least semi-upside down and totally not a cookbook, because if it had much larger words than she would have liked Ofelia would have started to paraphrase things before he could ask. It was almost like the redhead was stuck in a stupor, a little blinded at the horrors she was soon to be witnessing (and now taking part of) her inside her (so considered it hers) kitchen. Making takoyaki? Squids?

What the hell, why was he asking her now about drinks? And the next step? Was this. . . .a test of her cooking abilities and willingness to make things up on the fly?

If that was the case than Ofelia was all over it.

"Okay, ya gotta whisk until ya hear it start ta. . . uh....sing instead'a scream." Ofelia really hoped he didn't think she was making fun of him because how the hell was she supposed to know based on a dictionary. Dictionaries were evil anyway. "An' then its two bottles a'the ramune stuff, added slowly an' stirred in. Not whisked."

She honestly doubt he knew the difference between stirring and whisking so, to try and help, she motioned to a large wooden spoon as his next weapon of choice. "It needs ta be this wooden one or there's a chance of failure!"

This was getting to be fun, holy cow.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:35 pm
Allan furrowed his eyebrows as he listen very intently and concentrated, slowing his pace, Ninja Master Zen style. He felt it, a shift in energies, the dough changing form as he willed it to, felt it slow down-

- And immediately grabbed and popped open two more Ramune bottles in the dough's moment of weakness and poured all the contents in. There was a light gurgle and fizzle-

And then the bowl stopped bubbling, lying very still. As still as well, extremely lumpy dough could be (with pieces of Pocky sticking out of it).

Slowly, carefully the Sun Lead placed it on the counter. He poked the bowl, once. It didn't move.

"Hooray, we did it!" Victory pose! Allan turned to Ofie. "Okay, what's the next step?"

Rown

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 pm
Ofelia did a victory pose too because she had no idea how any of that happened and almost all of the logic she'd been gathering while working in the kitchen just blew itself out the window in a wondrous cloud of sheer ********. If it were possible for her face to explode off or have her jaw hit the ground out of amazement she would be walking around without a jaw.

Without many jaws if that were possible too. Mostly because somehow there was now something that wasn't moving after all that smoke (still had pokey though) and Allan was asking her to continue in a way she had no idea how to do. It was like asking a person to paint with the color yellow when all they had in front of them was the color purple.

Also they were blind.

"Umm, do ya got. . . uh..." What the hell could they add? "Nutmeg. It says ya need nutmeg an' lychee gummies. All of them." The red-head only mentioned the gummies because she thought she noticed a bag of them sitting nearby and she hoped she read whatever they were correctly? "The gummies need ta be added one at a time, an' ya gotta. . .uh. . . chant some kinda spell over it as ya go. Some kinda ninja thing, which Ah know ya can do 'cause yer awesome."

Ofelia meant every single word she said, and she really hoped Allan didn't think she was making fun of him because she wasn't. She was trying her best to go with the flow, to make something amazing that probably would end up with all their stomachs being pumped.

Or maybe an awesome monster they'd have to fight which would be just as amazing and monster-fighting.

"Also ya gotta add soy sauce too, one shot'a it every other chanting phrase." Takoyaki had soy sauce in it, right?

Zoobey
so so so so sorry for taking so long didn't have internet and other excuses orz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:52 pm
Allan nodded slowly, carefully, and opened the first compartment he saw-

- With ten rows of spices. He stared, scratched his head, pulled one our arbitrarily, and handed it over to Ofie. "Can we use this instead of nutmeg?" It said chile powder on the container.

The Sun Lead however had no problem locating a whole tin of lychee gummies, dumping it in while chanting some this awesome chakra secret ninja technique he had learned off episode 331 of Naruto.

The bowl burbled, seemed to protest, and then just quieted, as if giving up. it had also turned a strange shade of sickly yellow, and was increasingly lumpy. Allan rubbed both his hands together. "I feel the positive chakra of this bowl coming alive! Hurry Ofie-chan, we must seal together the last incredient if we want to complete rasegan."

One hundred percent serious.

Rown
8D no worries I'm slow toooo

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:19 pm
"Yeah that'll work go 'head an' add it in." She nodded in regards to the chili powder and then just watched wide-eyed at the everything else he was doing. When the broiling raging dough stopped moving she almost couldn't believe it. Eventually though Allan said something and she needed to reply. "Tagether as in me give ya a hand or ya gotta combine sommin'?" Ofelia was almost rendered speechless but everything that was going on, her baker's brain barely able to comprehend what she'd witnessed. By all means nothing should have happened and yet she was looking at something in a bowl. Something that made a sound like it was giving up the ghost.

This was amazing

Also.

What the hell was a rase-whatever.

Did they need another ingredient? "Uh...once ya've infused yer...ninja energies inta it yer supposed ta. . .um...." Her imagination was reaching its sad, sad limit of cooking and being able to eat what she was indeed cooking. They'd added soda, some weird powder, candy, and more candy. What else was there? "Um...make a wish in yer co-co-row an' put in some fish. Any kind'a fish?"

Zoobey
and then they both need their stomachs pumped lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 am
"Oh phew," decided Allan, placing the bowl back on the counter, "We don't have to worry about the fish then! I'll text to Simon to bring some back too!"

Lizbot

Text to Simon:

^_________^ Simon-kun!!! Ofie-chan helped me find the.... SECRET RECIPE!!! Yatta!!!! V^____^V!!!! But we need... Some SAKANA!!!! SASHIMI WOULD BE AWESOME!!! SAKANA NO JUTSU!!!

Arigatou Simon-kun V^_^=V ~ WAI!!

After five minutes of intense texting concentration, the Sun lead turned back to Ofie, bowing a little, all seriousness now. "Thank you, Ofie-san, for helping me master the ways of the ninja-chef. Without you, my way would be shrouded in darkness, one so deep, so powerful," he raised a clenched fist, "That even I cannot master."

As Allan talked, the bowl behind them had begun to start smoking.

Rown

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 am
Wait, so she went from chan to san it still wasn't her last name Allan but none the less Ofelia grinned and moved closer to her division head. It was fun to see him like this, to get to interact with him like this without others around and danger and what have you.

"Ah'm always glad ta help people, the kitchen is kinda mah. . . uh.. . . .hidden...village?" What the hell was it that ninjas liked, or anything else. Should she have said secret liar? Did they have those too? It was confusing but she kep the happy grin on her face. Things were looking okay, things were -

"Allan-tiedchow, the bowl is smokin'."

That was never, never a good sign.

Zoobey

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas