Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Shut Up (and Explode) [ Ofelia + Jake ] FINISHED Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 pm
Seriously? She was going stir crazy inside the hospital room and Ofelia wanted to get out even more so than the time she tried to get out before. Naturally that attempt had all been in her head, she passed out mid effort and slipped back into a mild coma, but the intent had been there every so strongly and today the red-headed teen was determined to get out. That was easier said than done seeing as Ofelia was still very weak and depended on an IV and other things to help ease the pain. Still she made up her mind as soon as she woke up, completely unaware (and uncaring) of the time, and decided that today would be the day she got out.

It took all her effort to sit up in the bed, her exhaustion coming on a lot more as she tossed and turned in her sleep (or just didn't sleep at all due to nightmares), and with a heavy groan and a hiss of pain she pulled back the sheets and slid her legs over the side of the bed. A timid tap of her toe let her know that the ground was there, the dream she had of being on an island was false, so with a deep breath Ofelia pushed herself upward to stand.

She collapsed in an instant, nearly pulling the IV in her arm out and bringing the pole down with her. It hurt, her entire body was reeling and she was seeing all kinds of white lights, and Ofelia found herself just overly content to stay laying on the ground. Maybe tomorrow she'd escape and get to the kitchens. Now if only someone would come by and help her back up? The teen doubted her luck would hold that strong, most of the people in the labs were still dealing with the aftermath of the mission, and so she rolled a bit until her hands could grasp the sides of the bed. Several false pulls had her finally to her knees, gasping for air from the effort, but a final push had her upright and shaking on her feet.

It was a start, a wonderful start, and the red-head turned and looked around. People seemed busy, she was supposed to be asleep, so now was the time to escape.

[A.V.]
here we go!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:36 pm
Finally.

Jake picked at the new bandages, annoyed. He had almost gotten away with not needing a shot too, but then he happened to run into a moon hunter, who saw his undressed shoulder wound and... shoddily dressed stomach wound, and ushered him into the infirmary to get properly patched up and such.

His only consolation was that he managed to give the hunter a black eye in the process, but it only resulted in a more painful-than-usual shot to the arm, which he now rubbed at.

He was almost out the door when he heard a strange clanking sound, followed with a crash, and halted. Pure curiosity overtaking him at this point, he took a few steps back and peeked through a door... and instantly wished he hadn't. Seeing as he wasn't really in a good mood, running into the stupid bimbo again certainly didn't help matters, though, before he could snap at her, curiosity got the best of him again. Just... what...

"... What the hell are you doing?"

Rown
Woo! Lemme know if I need to fix anything up!

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Ofelia was on her feet, swaying a bit as her knees threatened against her weight, but after a moment or two passed it looked like she was going to be steady and her legs were going to suck it up after all. A trembling grin issued itself to her face, seeing as she thought she was all alone and didn't need to worry, and for a brief second the grin faded into a soft smile of thankfulness. Against the pale lights of the room, the way her hair fell on her face, she looked shadowed and weak compared to the screaming and raving person who had been rampaging on the battlefield.

The teen was about to turn and start towards the window, maybe to look out of it at the misty isle that was Deus Ex, but a sudden voice at the door to her room caused her to gasp faintly and turn. She looked frightened, if it were possible, and the bandages that decorated her neck and upper torso shown themselves a stark white against the tan of her skin. At the gasp and movement small flakes of red started to form against the wrap on her neck, and her hand that wasn't holding the IV pole went up to touch it.

The red-head recognized the boy, or man, or whatever he wanted to call himself standing in the doorway. She didn't know his name, he hadn't offered it to her or she likely was too drunk with Insanity to properly recall, but his face and manner of speaking stung at her like a whip. " . . . 'm. . .gettin' . . . out..ta. . . here." Her voice and speech where slow, not that she was doing it on purpose, and a smirk of mischief managed to slide over her lips as she kept her gray eye trained on him. "Am. . .gettin' . . . .bored. Wan..na get. . . out."

Honestly? Ofelia didn't think he cared but she still was going to explain, and with that all said and done she started to stagger a bit forward. Her whole body protested at the motion, a heavy wince on her pretty face, and she had to pause after a few steps to catch her breath.

[A.V.]
Looks good to me! Let me know as well if it's too awkward?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:22 pm
It was only when she turned that Jake noticed the condition she was in, covering in more bandages than himself, and from the looks of it, the wounds were still fresh. She seemed... kind of different, nothing like the raging hormonal person who bitched at him for not getting her slipper and called him gay.

The thought only made him tense, and he balled his hands into fists. He still had a bone to pick with her, though something told him punching her now would probably be in incredibly poor taste. Not to mention that hunter he punched was still around, and would probably be more than happy to give him more "shots" for causing an uproar. No, he would refrain from doing anything... yet. This girl still pissed him off like no tomorrow, and seeing her all messed up didn't really affect him, but no. He would wait. The moment you can walk again, he'll mess you up, you hormonal b***h.

He raised an eyebrow as she continued to try staggering forward. Just what the hell did she want to do? Bored or not, in the condition she was, the only thing she'd be doing if she ended up getting out was keeling over again... and probably end up bleeding all over the floor.

"If you really want to DIE, I can put you out of your misery you know."
To be honest, he would probably be saving those hunters time from needing to clean up after her.

Rown
Nah, it's perfectly fine! I, uh, sorry about Jake LOL.

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:56 pm
Ofelia looked up at at the man as he continued to speak, even going so far as to threaten her, and the teen managed a throaty laugh that only sounded more inhuman and terrifying thanks to the injuries she sustained. The laughter continued, followed by a small spurt of coughing, and the sun hunter moved the hand that had rested on her throat to over her lips. She rubbed back and forth against her face, trying to block off any specks of blood if they might have emerged, and finally settled for a bitter chuckle.

"You? Kill me?" Her words were slow, harsh and gravelly, but she spoke strong and well. "Ah'd. . .really like. . . it if ya didn'. Ah. . .got things Ah wanna. . . live for." She was stronger, smarter, and if this person dared to attack she was certain the panic button would play to an amazing advantage for her. Plus, even if it hurt to do so, she was pretty certain she could lay him out on the ground. It was just her shoulders and throat that were damaged, not the rest of her body.

Naturally all the bravado would do nothing for her if she couldn't move. Her brain could tell her that she was fine all she wanted but if her body didn't or couldn't move as she commanded then she was no better than a newborn babe. Still. . .maybe? she could throw a very nice punch. "An'. . . what are. . . ya doin'. . . here?"

Few people came to the infirmary if they could help it - this was a horrible boring place after all. What with all the death and disease and injuries what have you.

[A.V.]
s'aallll good. i am busy gushing over something amazing Q_______________Q

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 pm
For some reason, Jake somewhat expected the laugh. Sounded like something the insane redhead would do. And probably cackle and go off on some tangent about how she was going to tear his face off or something.

But then she started coughing, and he started to wonder if she was going to cough up a lung... or two. Clearly, this girl was in no condition to go ANYWHERE... except back to bed. Had the battle from back then messed her up that bad? He didn't really know... nor cared. He was still harbouring bitter feelings.

When she finally spoke though, he only raised an eyebrow.

"Really? And what would that be?"

He didn't really want an answer, but seeing her in such a state... it was pretty pathetic.
At her inquiry though, he only rolled his eyes.

"Some moon hunter thought I was dying and decided to drag me here." He grinned. "I managed to give him a piece of my mind though."
He could almost feel an imaginary finger directed at his back.

He looked at her and frowned.
"The hell happened to you?"

Rown
I AM SLOW TOO. Q___Q OOH, is it something that can be shared via net? 8D

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:18 pm
"Hmmm...jus'. . . stuff." Ofelia actually didn't have anything specific in mind when she said it, mostly she was just bluffing her way through things. As far as she went, and most Suns, they didn't really have much in their lives worth living or dying for. Sure, some of them had relationships, but they were fractured ones and made Ofelia feel awkward watching sometimes. One day she might have a relationship, that she did not doubt, but just saying she wanted to live for love or something sounded ridiculous.

If it sounded stupid to her it would certainly sound stupid to someone else. Still, she had to say something or else she would have avoided the question and been generally in denial. "Ah kinda. . . wanna get mah weapon back? Dun. . . no, s'weird wit' . .out her voice in mah. . . head." what else could she say? "Dunno. . . if Ah want. . .revenge or sommin'. Ah. . .didn' really know. . . 'em." Ofelia was mostly referring to Ceres, and the Halloween students. Her relationship with Bix was none of this boy's business.

At the mention of dying she chucked softly. "Ah. . . hate this place. Too much white, no sounds." Of course she was almost always in here and that also sucked. Simon certainly would be giving her a piece of his mind sometime soon, if not Allan as well. "As fer. . . hittin' the moonies. .. might wanna. . . stop that, cause they. . .are vindictive." Everyone at Deus was sort of based on revenge though so it was a moot point to bring up. This kid was new though so there really wasn't any harm in a fair warning, even if he looked like he wouldn't listen to reason or to anyone. The Insanity was doing a wonderful job of helping her forget, or maybe it was her usual denial.

Finally the question came that she was waiting for, the typical 'what happened'. She doubted he'd ask her if she was okay, he was enough of an a*****e if she recalled correctly that her personal health was of no concern, but if he wanted gossip he could have gossip. "Ah. . . used some runic. . .daggers an' tried ta. . .find sommin' in the haunted house." That was. . .sort of true and Ofelia stuck to that version. "Got. . . ambushed by an insanity beast, an'. . . " That was also sort of true (meaning, not at all) and when Ofelia paused she slipped a finger under her neck bandage. With an easy snap she got the fabric to come loose, revealing to the boy a massive wound that was barely sewn shut. It seemed to be throbbing with each breath, and Ofelia swallowed as she lowered the collar of her shirt to show off her shoulders. "Pretty. . .cool, yeah? The. . .stuff we can survive...is pretty. . .amazin'."

No, it wasn't amazing, but Ofelia was still pretty glad she survived.

[A.V.]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:54 pm
Another raised eyebrow.
He had a feeling she had more to say, but didn't press it. He wasn't even sure while he asked. He really didn't care.

When she mentioned the weapons though, he looked away.
Chester...
How strange it was, that something he had absolutely hated and resented seemed to worm its way into his heart, and now he kind of missed the stupid thing.
He half-expected the weapon to be chiding him right now for being rude, but... there was nothing. No voice. Nothing.
Damn you Chester, why were you nice to him even though he was a jerk to you? Why?
He hated it.

At revenge, he stared back at her.
Yes, revenge against that dumb mutt, and stupid wannabe hun- oh wait, she was already dead. Then there was... her. Though she acted different now, he didn't give up the lingering hatred. HE WAS ONTO YOU, YOU STRANGE BI-POLAR GIRL.

And... she was still talking. Geez, what did he get himself into? Might as well pull up a chair and sit down while she unraveled her life story. Actually, he wasn't sure why he wasn't leaving right now. Yes, that would of been a smart idea. Why was he even staying?

But he did, and still answered her.
"If you hate this place, why did you even sign up to be a Hunter?" It was more a retort than a question, but he had a feeling she was going to answer anyways. "And what I do is my own business. Jackass should of left me alone."

No, she was right. He really didn't care about you. Nope. Just wondering why the hell you're still alive and not dead right now. Go back to being dead. He doesn't want to talk anymore.

The tale she gave him only sounded like some kid's horror story. Getting messed up in a haunted house. How fun. He flinched when she started pulling her collar down. Just what the hell was she...
... was she STRIPPING?
Ok, he wanted none of this. NONE.

He turned his head so that he wasn't looking at her.
"Yah, you should of died."

Rown
OMG OFIE REFS. NICE! o u o

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:29 pm
This person had asked her why she signed up to come here, and Ofelia sighed. Did everyone really need to know one another's reasons? Some people came because it was how they felt accepted, others out of revenge or other things. Ofelia's reason? "Ah lit the school on fire." She didn't even stutter when speaking, and she chuckled weakly. "Burned down a buildin'. . . an' Deus got me. . . .b'for Ah. ..could hit the jail."

Ofelia really, really wasn't doing much to offset her 'I am crazy!' card that seemed to be swinging back and forth over her head. She didn't regret burning anything down, neither her barn at home or the school, because it lead her to being at Deus and meeting some of the best people of her life. It also gave her a purpose, something she found as of late that she was searching for.

The red-head chuckled again at his comment, apparently figuring out that all he wanted to say and do was badmouth her and everyone else. He certainly was like the second coming of Rep, only she didn't see him being able to bury his weapon into her flesh the way her fellow Sun had. "Ah'm too. . .stubborn ta die. Plus. . .wit' mah luck. . .Ah'd come back as a ghost an' end up. . .at that school place. Then Ah'd have ta fight y'all an' . . . .nah, no thanks." She responded, doubting this kid knew at least that much. Truth be told the Sun girl wasn't sure that was possible (because if so then maybe Bix and Ceres would come back that way) but saying it made her feel somewhat better? There was always that gnawing sensation when she thought of Bix and it wasn't pleasant enough for her to want to dwell on it. "Though . . . .are ya suggestin' . . . ya wanna kill me. . .fer reals?" Ofelia asked, raising an eyebrow.

Let him try and attack her, Ofelia would floor his a** faster than he could blink. Injured or not, adrenaline and fear for one's life was the best medication for whatever ailed.

[A.V.]
BITTI DID IT I KNOW RIGHT Q____Q you should get something from her too! bitti be awesome

also PS jake can totally attack her if you want, or at least get physical, but ofelia should sort of have the upper hand, even if injured. mostly from. . .training? and physical power for being at deus longer IDEK he can punch her and she'll punch back lol ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm
This girl was just FULL of surprises.
He thought she'd say something sappy like "because I want to protect my loved ones!" or something along those lines, but her response had totally caught him off guard.

"You... burned down a school"
Ok, that was just ******** hilarious.

Not able to help himself, he started snickering, and it turned into a full-out laugh.

"Oh god, if they didn't take you, you probably would of burned down the school too."

Finally managing to calm himself down, he listened silently at her reasoning. Yah, that would suck if she came back as one of those insanity beasts... though if she did, he would have no reason to hold back. He probably would of been MORE than happy to put her out of her misery. Though, right now... she didn't seem like the crazy b***h he ran into back then. She... ok, she was still a little crazy, but it was a tolerable crazy.

He only shrugged.
"To be honest, I did. You really pissed me off."
He turned to look at her.
"Though I'm starting to wonder if it was from the insanity, or if you're just too weak to be obnoxious at the moment."
He would pity her for now, but the moment she pissed him off... HE WILL KILL YOU.
Or... metaphorically try.

Rown
Ooh, Bitti refs! I've seen a lot of those around. o u o
Haha, yes she is~ I don't have anything to get refs off atm, but yah, so awesome. <333333

He... is actually starting to somewhat like her (or just thinks she's hilarious and too messed up to do anything) but if provoked, he will try. xDD

Oh gosh they'd get kicked out so fast LOL

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:10 pm
"Storage shed. . . actually." Ofelia grinned on that topic, the memory of the fire still warming her face. She'd gotten a sunburn that night, most likely, but since she was in that pod for whoever knew how long she came out of it with her normally tan skin. Considering she was always tan Ofelia started to wonder if there was something in her genetics that colored her this way.

Those thoughts, of course, would be left until later.

When he said something about her burning down the entire school, for a moment she went silent. Would she have torched it? It wasn't like she had bad memories or anything of the place mostly just being ignored and occasionally bullied or whatever, but that shed had been unpleasant and so she torched it. But then. . . ". . .nn, yeah. Ah. . .would'a burned the entire place down. ********> ******** all of them, she would have paid all the money in the world for a chance to have been standing there come morning light. A proud school, now a pile of shameful ashes. Ofelia didn't curse often, but she made an exception thinking about that place.

All the money.

It looked as though maybe this guy was warming up to her? It was hard to tell, not to mention Ofelia wasn't really trying. He wasn't offering his name so she didn't ask - and since he didn't ask her name she didn't offer it either. His words about her pissing him off only rewarded him with a soft chuckle, and the phrase "Ya an' half'a Deus there." She was sort of getting better at not pissing people off, or at least she was learning the signs for when to back down and move along.

When he mentioned Insanity Ofelia's face grew dark and she turned her gaze towards the window. The Insanity. . . .the silence that had followed? If it wasn't for the fact that a lot of it was a blur, save for the moments where Rue's voice screamed through her head and made her somewhat lucid, Ofelia might have had more things in her life to regret. Seeing as she didn't want to live with regret she was somewhat thankful. "That. . . whole thin' was. . . .kinda weird. Dunno if ya'd. . . .believe me, an' Ah . . . .dun really care if ya don', but lots'a it. . .Ah dun remember."

Ofelia remembered singing about flaying Bix and Ceres alive. She remembered being attacked by Bix. She remembered watching Ceres turn to stone after Bix's body crumbled to dust.

She remembered almost all of it, but the denial kept it down.

"An' . . .Ah think Ah saw. . . .ya get hit? Are ya. . . okay fer it? Didja. . . get the voices too?"

[A.V.]
I didn't have any references for Ofie's y2 design, usually just give her an idea and free rein OwO THEN SHE MAKES THE AWESOME

also yay ofie's glad he sort of likes her? she doesn't really care, ahahahaha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:53 pm
Damn, this was hilarious.
Why didn't he think of doing stuff like this?

... oh wait, right, he never HAD a normal childhood.

While other kids went to school and whined about trivial stuff like marks, friends, who was dating who, who picked on who, and just whining about stupid things in general, he was fighting for his life, each and every day. Food, clothes, shelter... all of that he had to find for himself. No one to depend or rely on. He was on his own. Even now.

The memory made him stiffen, and he turned his head, staring out the window. Even now, here, he was alone. Just as it had always been. Just as it always would be.

He was still staring out the window when she responded to him.
Apparently, there was something really interesting out there.

"... I don't know. I'm not saying I forgive you yet, but...I know what you mean. If it wasn't for Che- my weapon, I probably would of gone insane too."

He had to face reality. Chester was gone now. He wasn't coming back. He didn't want to think about him anymore, didn't want to remember him. He was a weapon, a tool. That was all that he was, nothing more. There was no need for him to grow attached, or have feelings for it. He could always find another weapon, a better one. Or better yet, use runic weapons, ones that didn't talk back to you.

Talking weapons. He was done. He was SO done.

Rown
Gotta love when artists just take a vague idea and make it SUPER awesome. ; u ; -b

Haha, they can be the non-caring duo LOL.
And uh, sorry. Have some feels.

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 pm
"Rue. . .didn' help me, she. . . jus' made it. . . worse." Ofelia spat out the name bitterly, the same way a person would spit out poison. The look on her face was one of hatred and relief, as opposed to what most people seemed to be feeling. This newcomer likely shared her sentiments, seeing as he stopped before he said a name, but once again Ofelia didn't want to push. She was getting tired, standing like this, and she wanted to get out of this room even if her legs couldn't take her that far.

She could spew unhappiness now, rant now, but later as she tried to fall asleep she would long for the Boo Hag. It was a corner of her mind, of her heart, that refused to give up the relationship that had been beaten (somewhat literally) into her body. a hand moved up to her mouth and she coughed, her entire body wracked with pain from the simple action, and a thin hiss escaped her lips. "Can ya. . . get me. . . outta here? Ah. . .dun wanna be. . . in here. . .anymore."

The topic would be changed. Ofelia almost wanted to tell him to ******** his forgiveness, ******** everything he didn't matter to her she didn't even know his name. The Insanity was mostly gone, she was still shaken up however, but the leftover unease and the memories kept her mood shaking like limbs on a tree. A tree being stormed on, that is. Her eyes went over to the tablet that represented her weapon, and part of her had an urge to smash it with her fist. "Take me anywhere."

[A.V.]
are....they gonna be the WE HATE OUR WEAPON bros? cause i think ofie is the only who is serious not Q___Q I MISS U about hers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:19 am
He arched an eyebrow at her outburst.
There seemed to be a lot of eye-brow arching today

In all honesty, he had felt the same way not too long ago. Another annoying voice occupying his head, one that he couldn't control, one that WOULDN'T SHUT UP. But absolutely despise him? He couldn't really say he could. The weapon had only treated him well with each and every outburst, and each time, Jake lashed out at him. Even when the weapon could feel, hear his thoughts that the thing was not welcome in his mind, it still tried to protect him, and in the end, it suffered. Chester was the only who paid the price, even though it was he who screwed everything up. Just why...

No, he only despised himself for getting attached, for allowing himself to have feelings for such a thing. Didn't he already tell himself that he wouldn't on another's kindness? Was he really not strong enough on his own? No, he wouldn't make the same mistake twice. He wouldn't allow another to get close to him like that. He came here alone, and alone was how it was going to stay.

He returned her request with a cold look.

"You seem to be mistaking me for a charity case."

Rown
Naw, he doesn't really HATE hate him. Just... more mad that he let himself get attached, and it was probably his fault it got weaponized.

And uh... yah. I swear his mood is uncontrollable LOL.

[A.V.]

Dangerous Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:18 am
"Ahaha, no,. . . no. . . Ah was jus'. . checkin'." The teen paused while speaking, to either catch her breath or to think of what to say next. "Ya were seemin' so. . .friendly, Ah was. . .worried." a*****e would always been an a*****e, she knew this, and to have him speak on a cordial level to her so quickly in had been amusing. The red-head knew how to deal with people who had massive social problems, like this kid and Rep (for example), so it was a bit of a game to push a button and back off. There was a limit to how hard she could push though and she might have pushed too hard as it was. This kid (he looked younger than her) seem to be hotheaded enough that the slightest thing would set him off in a spiral. She had to chose her words carefully.

Which meant she just said whatever the hell she pleased because Ofelia? THOUGHT? Those two words never went hand in hand in a sentence about the teen. There was a chance though her little joke would push him over and he'd attack her but that was a gift of hindsight she didn't possess.

She was running out of things to say, not that she had much she wanted to talk about to begin with, and the desire to get out and go somewhere was still just as strong as ever. Ofelia had asked for his help, he'd turned her down, and so she was still going to leave one way or another. Her legs had been supporting her all this time, what was another couple hundred yards to her bedroom or the kitchen? Any place she could take and throw the tablet as far as she could, or hide it deeply beneath her mattress or something.

Those thoughts were okay, they kept her going, and Ofelia took a deep breath as she tried to shift one of her legs forward. Her knee nearly locked up, prompting her to sway and grab onto the IV pole for sudden support, but she didn't fall nor even make a big deal of it. This person was beneath her concern now, beneath her notice. He wasn't going to help her, she was going to do it all herself. "Can ya. . . .move 'nough ta give. . .a wide path? Would hate. . . ta knock inta ya if. . . Ah stumble."

Far enough warning.

[A.V.]

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas