Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton's Fort of Athletes and Artists

Back to Guilds

A place made for the gathering of people from the Rejected Olympics 2012 Barton Team 

Tags: Barton, Sunriders, Nightravens, Rejected Olympics, Bartob 

Reply Barton Manor - (Everything you need to know about RO and more)
Hugs & Healing: BFAA's Community of Care Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hydro

Dragon Storyteller

52,925 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 pm
Please think positive thoughts for me IRL. I got a call from a recruiter today about a job I think I'd really be good at. Waiting to hear more. *crosses fingers* This girl needs a job!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 pm
`Hydro
Please think positive thoughts for me IRL. I got a call from a recruiter today about a job I think I'd really be good at. Waiting to hear more. *crosses fingers* This girl needs a job!

Hope you can land the job, Hydro! biggrin  

MasturChef
Captain

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100

Hydro

Dragon Storyteller

52,925 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:12 pm
MasturChef
`Hydro

Hope you can land the job, Hydro! biggrin

Thank you emotion_hug emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:38 pm
`Hydro
You can do it, Hydro! emotion_hug emotion_bigheart  

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

Hydro

Dragon Storyteller

52,925 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:39 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree
`Hydro

Thanks. T__T I didn't hear back Friday. Here's hoping for good news on Monday.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:41 pm
`Hydro
Hot Caffeinated Cree
`Hydro

Aww, I'm sorry. I do wish you all the best, I'm hoping for good news for you!  

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

Hydro

Dragon Storyteller

52,925 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:55 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree
`Hydro
Hot Caffeinated Cree
`Hydro

Aww, I'm sorry. I do wish you all the best, I'm hoping for good news for you!

I appreciate the hug. I just now realized I did something stupid and there's no fixing it. Dx (Unrelated to job).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 pm
Oh, dear, oh, dear.

I know a few of you already know the news from last Thursday, but... it looks like it's gotten even worse.

To sum up: My uncle (on my father's side) is in the hospital and was previously battling cancer. Recently, it ended up heading into a stroke and kidney failure (and after hearing my father, liver failure as well). And now (according to my other uncle on my father's side), he's now unresponsive.

I really wanted to go visit, but thanks to the family drama that always happens when a relative's fighting for his/her life or is dying (and this applies to both sides of my family. I swear, my immediate family must be one of the few sane branches when this stuff happens), that actually halted me from going.

I've been trying to distract myself by cleaning out my dresser and washing the towels, but I haven't even started yet. Doesn't really help that I'm crying as I'm typing this up, either.

I just wish I was there, y'know? I just want to do more than sit on the sidelines and hope and stuff.  

Sissy Blade

Obsessive Hoarder

14,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MasturChef
Captain

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:45 pm
Sissy Blade
Oh, dear, oh, dear.

I know a few of you already know the news from last Thursday, but... it looks like it's gotten even worse.

To sum up: My uncle (on my father's side) is in the hospital and was previously battling cancer. Recently, it ended up heading into a stroke and kidney failure (and after hearing my father, liver failure as well). And now (according to my other uncle on my father's side), he's now unresponsive.

I really wanted to go visit, but thanks to the family drama that always happens when a relative's fighting for his/her life or is dying (and this applies to both sides of my family. I swear, my immediate family must be one of the few sane branches when this stuff happens), that actually halted me from going.

I've been trying to distract myself by cleaning out my dresser and washing the towels, but I haven't even started yet. Doesn't really help that I'm crying as I'm typing this up, either.

I just wish I was there, y'know? I just want to do more than sit on the sidelines and hope and stuff.

Oh gosh.. That's horrible, Sissy! D: Could there just not be drama when stuff like this happens? :c
I really hope your uncle makes a full recovery :c
In the meantime (since this is the most I could do), have five trillion hugs!
emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:53 pm
MasturChef

Wishing for no family drama is a pipe dream when stuff like this happens here.

Drama's only hilarious when it's stuff like on Jerry Springer or some soap opera, but in real life? Just... no. Stop that crap and act like the adults that you claim to be, damn it.

Thanks for the hugs, Chef. emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug  

Sissy Blade

Obsessive Hoarder

14,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:51 pm
Sissy Blade

I haven't ever been in the type of situation you are in, so I can't empathize, but I can sympathize. It hurts like Hell to lose someone you feel very close to, especially when others are being immature and self-centered. Personal agendas and views should go out the window when someone is ill. Alas, as you said, it is not often that way. Even if your uncle does not pull through, I'll pray that there is no pain.

It is always hardest for those left behind because it feels as though a great hole now takes the space where the loved one once resided. I believe I can honestly say on behalf of all of BFAA that we love you very much and wish we could be there to comfort you in this trying time.

Edit: Mom just said something that might be of help. She said the last sense to go is hearing, and even a patient who is unresponsive can many times still hear what is going on. If you could somehow call over to the hospital or a relative that is over there and have someone hold the phone close to your uncle, you could talk to him and maybe find some closure in doing that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:10 pm
Celestine Ravencroft

Thank you very much, Cel. I do wish that I would be able to speak with my uncle, but I have no info on anything, no idea which hospital he's at, nothing. Which sucks a crapton.

Only thing I can do is cross my fingers and wait for any new details from my mother (because my father talks to her first and then she relays the info to Ami or me).  

Sissy Blade

Obsessive Hoarder

14,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sissy Blade

Obsessive Hoarder

14,975 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:19 am
(Apologies for the double post.)

Well... Ma texted me last night. My uncle's passed away. So I'm just sitting here in bed, staring at the ceiling.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:57 pm
Sissy Blade
(Apologies for the double post.)

Well... Ma texted me last night. My uncle's passed away. So I'm just sitting here in bed, staring at the ceiling.

Very sorry for your loss, Sissy :c
*all of the hugs*  

MasturChef
Captain

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 pm
A little bit late here since my first week at work has been like a marathon. Anyhow, I'm sorry things ended the way they did, Sissy. I hope with time you will be ok. The Bartobs are here if you need anything.  
Barton Manor - (Everything you need to know about RO and more)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games