Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm
Akari_32
Aw what a cute little fantail! Where's the other little guy?

20 longs and 29's have the same foot print wink

Birthdays are the perfect excuse for fish stuff! LOL
It's so funny that Mister Fishy isn't a big fan of the camera. Fluffy, on the other hand, seems to adore it and comes right over any time I have it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 pm
Haha, my bettas love the camera too, and my smaller fish. Little camera hog XD  

Akari_32

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:07 pm
Akari_32
Haha, my bettas love the camera too, and my smaller fish. Little camera hog XD
I never realized how much personality a little fishie could have! I mean, I'd had bettas that were friendly but Fluffy just blows me away. He comes right over to the side of the tank I'm on and like, does the fishie kissie face on it. Too cute!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 pm
Goldfish, Labyrinth fish, and Cichlids all have great "personalities," so to speak. Real interactive, and do seem to know who feeds them. smile  

Akari_32

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 pm
Akari_32
Goldfish, Labyrinth fish, and Cichlids all have great "personalities," so to speak. Real interactive, and do seem to know who feeds them. smile
Must be why they are such an incredibly popular choice. They're so enjoyable to watch.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm
I noticed what seems like a rather sudden jump in water temp and it's nagging on me. It's not super noticeable but it's enough that it's bugging me. I'm picking up a thermometer tomorrow at Petco.

I did finally get my cover for the tank and the light is situated back on. We ended up moving the tank to a place where there isn't a vent blowing on it from the ceiling and so it's more out of the way of crazy traffic.

What is an ideal temp for goldfish and, if the water is too warm, what can I do to chill it and keep it so?  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:09 am
Goldfish are temperate fish, so as long as the temp it stable, they don't really mind what it is. That said, I've got 11 of them out doors in Florida, and the water temp rises and lowers every night now that it's trying to change seasons. The air temp swings 20 or more degrees this time of year. As long as the temp change is gradual (over several hours) and the fish don't appear stressed, I wouldn't fuss over the temp too much. I would, though, but an adjustable heater and set it to 70-74, that way the temp can't go below that.

Should the tank become too hot and the fish are gasping at the surface, a frozen water bottle floating in the tank will help. Just keep an eye on the temp.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 am
They definitely seem to be doing well but I'm starting to miss my gravel :< Bleh. I almost want to add sand but then the issue of adding water during a change... I don't want sand flying all over my tank when I pour water in.

I am going to pick up a heater though once it starts getting a bit chillier out since our room likes to be chilly also. Texas weather is so weird @_@

Mister Fishy is one I'm never too worried about. After surviving like two years in our fountain (he is the only survivor, btw. Idk when but the fountain was emptied by someone. May have been the city during the mosquito problem) and the water used to get so freaking warm out there... I don't know how they could stand it.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 am
Got a heater but I didn't realize until after I got it home it's for 30-60 gallons. It's adjustable and supposed to turn off when it hits the temp it's set at (which is 72 since that's the lowest it would go...) but idk.

I don't see anything that seems to indicate it's on but I'll be monitoring it to see.

Do you think this will be a problem? Should I just take it back?  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff