Meditation (Void) - [Zanji] - 2
Theology (Intelligence) - 1
Spellcraft (Intelligence) - 1
Courtier (Awareness) - [Manipulation] - 2
Etiquette (Awareness) - [Conversation] - 3
Weapon: Staves (Agility) - [Bo] - 4
Defense (Agility) - [Armored] - 3

MASTERY ABILITIES
-Etiquette Mastery Rank 3 – +5 to my Contested Social Skill Rolls.
-Defense Mastery Rank 3 – At the beginning of the first round of a skirmish and after all -Initiative changes have occurred, I may declare the Full Defense Posture. This is my Posture Declaration for my turn.
-Armored Defense Emphasis – I may ignore the +5 TN penalty from wearing Heavy or Riding Armor for the purposes of Agility/Defense rolls.
-Jiujutsu Mastery Rank 3 – roll an extra die for damage in unarmed combat.

ADVANTAGES
-Benten's Blessing – keep an extra die when attempting to persuade, two if they're attracted to me (-3)
-Luck x2 – reroll up to twice per session (-6)
-Clear Thinker – lies against me have +10 to TN, feints require 2 raises (-5)

DISADVANTAGES
-Contrary – Willpower roll TN 5-20, failure means I have to pick a side or take action in some way (+3)
-Doubt: Calligraphy – make a raise to make the roll at all (+3)
-Overconfident – Perception TN 30 to flee (+2)

TECHNIQUES, SPELLS, KATA, KIHO, SHADOWLANDS POWERS
-(Free Raise) Riddle of Water – Simple Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Water) vs TN15 – add Water Ring to hand-to-hand damage rolls for 3 rounds, Raise for extra rounds; OR – Not an action: add Water Ring in dice rolled (not kept) on a Perception check, Raise for additional die.
-(Free Raise) Mystery of Water – Complex Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Water) vs TN15 – Raise or lower own Water Ring by School Rank, +5 TN for each past first, 2 Raises for additional rank; OR raise or lower Water Ring of another I can see by half of School Rank, +10 TN for each past first, 2 Raises for additional rank.
-Riddle of Fire – Simple Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Fire) vs TN15 – add Fire Ring in dice rolled (not kept) to hand-to-hand attack rolls in the next combat round, Raise for additional die; OR – Not an action: add Fire Ring times School Rank (10) to the total of an Intelligence Skill, Raise to increase effective School Rank by 1 (can't use for a Riddle check).
-Mystery of Fire – Complex Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Fire) vs TN15 – See text for Mystery of Water, but substitute all instances of the word "Water" for "Fire."

Notes on Mysteries: Each Mystery may be used a number of times per day equal to my Rank in the appropriate elemental Ring, spend a Void Point to use a Mystery an additional time per day past this maximum.
-When a Ring is raised or lowered, both associated Traits are raised or lowered by an equal amount. This may never lower another character's Trait below 1. Altered Rings return to their normal values after a number of rounds equal to my School Rank +1.

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
Wakizashi
Bo Staff
Tanto
Ashigaru Armor
Kimono and Sandals
Traveling Pack: Blanket, 6 Candles, Coin Purse, Sake Cup, Tatami Mat, Week of Rations, Wide-Brimmed Straw Hat, Chopsticks, Flint and Tinder, Cooking Pot
Finger of Jade
2 koku

COMBAT
Weapons
Unarmed - Agility/Jiujutsu - 4k1 - {Special Abilities}
Bo Staff - Agility/Staves - 3k2 - Average - +5 TNtbH when wielding a Bo; TN bonus for Armor is doubled or +5 (whichever is less) vs staff attacks

Armor
TN To Be Hit = 10 + 3 armor + 6 defense = 19
Other Modifiers = When in Full Defense Posture, roll Agility/Defense +3 instead of using Reflexes x5.
xxx+5 when wielding a Bo

Initiative
4k2

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/4
NICKED (+3): 0/4
GRAZED (+5): 0/4
HURT (+10): 0/4
INJURED (+15): 0/4
CRIPPLED (+20): 0/4
DOWN (+40): 0/4
OUT (+N/A): 0/10

DESCRIPTION
Gin is short, only about 5'7", but he's well built and in his mid twenties. His body almost mismatches his head. He has long black wavy hair that's tinged with red. It frames his soft, attractive, and oddly feminine features. His voice, however, more matches his body, being rich, deep, and soothing. Of course, appearances are almost always deceiving. He typically wears one of the cockiest smiles you will ever see on a person. He is arrogant, mischievous, and, above all, self confident, but he has an uncanny ability to make people trust him and to talk people into things.

BACKGROUND