Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[REG] Game for a Game (Nicolae/Guen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:06 pm
Guen frowned unhappily at the Mrs. Pacman machine. That had been her last quarter and a ghost caught her again. She really sucked at arcade games in general, but her mother had dragged her to the local shopping mall to run errands, and there wasn't anything else for her to do. She wasn't hungry, not for mall food anyway, and the sports shop had finally closed so she couldn't even go oogle a pair of new cleats...

She sighed, leaning her hip against the machine and crossing her arms, and scanning the rest of the arcade wearily. Surely a seventeen year old could stay home alone. But no, mom had gotten this silly idea in her head about bonding and was keeping her an unwilling captive. After an hour of perusing the shoe section of some outlet store or another, she had finally relented and let Guen go off on her own.

And this was the result. Blah.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 pm
Nicolae had been playing a racing game, though had stopped about five minutes prior, resting against the large game, grinning as he watched some teal haired girl failing terribly at Mrs. Pacman. Now, that wasn’t his favorite games, but this girl. She seemed like she had the worst luck. Or perhaps the joystick was just getting stuck, sometimes that seemed to happen in this arcade; but what could they really do? These games were so old and they were bound to have their issues.

He walked over to the girl, holding out a quarter. “Here. Try again.”

When the blonde went to the arcade, he came prepared. He didn’t come often, but when he did, he planned to spend the whole day. He packed his lunch, and had a bag with fifty dollars in quarters jingling around in it.

He could spare a quarter to help out a pretty girl. Besides, that was what made the arcades fun. The random social interaction that he could get. So much better than the lack of interaction that he got being at home and playing with his Wii. Besides, there was just something about an arcade to really get the blood pumping. The lights, and the sounds…

Even the smells…rubber and dust and plastic. It was all just…a true experience.

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am
Still gazing blankly into space and contemplating her fate, the teal-haired girl wouldn't have even realized that someone had her if he hadn't said something. "Oh!" Guen spun around, feeling a bit embarrassed. She hadn't noticed anyone else in the arcade up until that moment, and she sincerely hoped he hadn't seen her actually playing, it had been really shameful. Just the thought made her cheeks burn, and she stared resolutely at the speaker's toes. She raised a hand to cup her chin and mouth, and muttered a response through her fingers. "Um. Thanks, but, um. It's really ok, I-"

She glanced up, and stared for a second. It was some blond guy. Some really cute blond guy. Some really cute, older blond guy. She blushed harder. Guen wondered desperately if she could get flustered enough that she could just sink through the floor and out of sight. She bit her lip, and continued, forcing herself to make eye contact. This was literally the worst ever, why couldn't she just be cool?

"Um, that is. I'm just not very good at games."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 am
Oh. High schoolers were just the cutest little things ever.

He flashed a charming smile and just nodded. “I like to see a girl who doesn’t give up, even if she is…rather terrible with Mrs. Pacman.” Nicolae gave a wink and moved closer to her, clearly intent on watching her play the game. “If you lose rather quickly, would you perhaps play a racing game with me? I always like to play games and race with pretty girls like yourself.”

He was laying it on thick, but…where was the fun in life if you didn’t? Besides. When you flirted…you were supposed to at least let the other person know that you were flirting with them. So often people nowadays would just pretend to flirt, and half a** everything, so conversations would get terribly muddled.

Nicolae did not like to muddle things. That wasn’t how you worked the system. “So…what do you say?” He flashed another smile, then blinked. “Oh, by the way. My name is Nicolae. And it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:06 pm
A look of rather abject horror slowly creeped across her features as she listened to the young man talk. Oh god. He had seen. Why couldn't she have been caught doing something cool, like. Well. Like anything ELSE. Come on, her alter ego was like, the dark knight. She had hoped her time away from Destiny City would give her a fresh perspective- but here she was, in the same old shopping mall, just as awkward as ever.

"Um, sure, if you're really ok with it..." Guen muttered hesitantly. She took the quarter almost mechanically, steeling herself for her fate. It wasn't even a hard game, she just got so flustered and the stupid thing would get stuck in a corner and...

Oh. Right. She hadn't even introduced herself. "I'm Guen, it's nice to meet you too, uh..." It was hard to pay attention to the game and the boy at the same time. Did she focus on the game to hide her embarrassment, or risk losing so she wouldn't be rude?

She tried for small talk instead.

"I um. I don't think I've seen you around, but I go to Crystal so we-" she stopped mid sentence. So we don't see many boys just sounded so childish. She was a senior this year, she could act her age, not her underwear size! "Well, that is, I moved out of town for a bit and just came back. Um." She jiggled the joystick frantically, just barely avoiding an angry looking ghost.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am
Nicolae watched, a smirk on his face as he watched her. So she was a high school student, and a Crystal girl to boot. Well. They were always a special breed, now weren’t they? He shook his head and then reached for the joystick, hands closing around hers, tugging the controller up, making the small yellow image of Mrs. Pacman flee from two ghosts that had nearly backed her into a corner.

“Watch it, Guen. That was where you went wrong the last time. You have to stay in the corner, then make sure they’re coming after you, then eat the power-up. Then you eat all of those ghosts, and eat the little light balls until they start coming after you again.”

He spoke softly still guiding her hands, his eyes glued to the screen, grinning broadly. Well. Talk about getting up close and personal with a mildly cute girl. Sometimes it did pay to be a pompous video game player…who didn’t much care about personal space.

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:57 am
She nearly jumped as his hand closed around her own. It was warm, and nice, but also made her vaguely uncomfortable. Play it cool. There was totally nothing incredibly awkward or embarrassing about him essentially holding her hand. A part of her was worried - here was this complete stranger, totally invading her space but... A darker part of her kind of liked it. It was a risk - a thrill. She found herself leaning into him, just a little bit.

She tried to remember to breathe, blinking and doing her best to concentrate on the game.

"Um, yeah, ok...You're um," she tried for a joke, "Awfully good at this. Are you a Mrs. Pac Man professional?" She smirked a tiny bit, gaining a little confidence. Well, she hadn't said anything too awkward yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:09 pm
Nicolae smirked and continued guiding her hand. “That’s it. And yeah. Sometimes I do think of myself as a video game professional.” He gave a soft curse as the ghost collided with the little yellow dot and the ‘Game Over’ screen flashed before them.

The blonde paused then shrugged. “Well…nobody’s perfect, Guen.” He seemed rather sheepish, then moved away, stretching. “Do you come to the arcade often? We could hang out some time again, if you did. You know, practice Mrs. Pacman, and maybe get to level three or something…”

He glanced over towards the racing game and grinned. “Want to have a quick race? My treat. You know. Because you lost at Mrs. Pacman again. Let’s see how good you drive.” He took her hand and tugged her over to the racing game then popped in some quarters. “Come on. How often can you say you’ve raced with a college boy. I know…” He winked at her. “With you coming from Crystal, you don’t get to see many boys, right?”

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:04 am
Guen frowned - alright, well, she pouted - when the game over screen popped up again. Ok, it was probably inevitable. No amount of help could offset her horrible lack of skill. "Well..." The arcade? She only went when... She tried to think of something to say that didn't sound totally lame. Only when 'm shopping with my mom, boo hoo. Yeah, no.

"Uh, sometimes, yeah, but not very often." At his mention of 'college boys' and Crystal she found herself inspecting her shoes again. "Um."

Her embarrassment was short lived, however, as she was quite suddenly being dragged to the racing game machine. She followed along passively. She would probably be terrible at this too.

"Okay... It's just like, you know, regular driving, right?" She had taken driver's ed, and had a learner's permit. That had to count for something.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:56 am
Nicolae looked at her then grinned. “Well, I hope to see you here another time, and hopefully soon, to be honest. He winked then laughed. “Of course it’s like real driving. There’s a gas pedal, and you steer and try not to crash.”

He put the money into the game and sat down, stretching and choosing his car and driver. “But, it is kind of fun when you crash…and it’s a lot of fun to make someone crash. Watch out for me, won’t you, Guen? I might just be a jerk and crash into you…you know. For the hell of it.”

The blonde stepped on the gas pedal the moment the GO lit up on the screen. This was one of his favorite games in the whole arcade, and he did hope that the teal haired highschooler would at least be able to keep up a little bit. If he had to, he’d slow down…just so he could make sure she crashed off of the bridge. That was always the best place to force someone to crash. It was the longest response time and it took the longest for the game to reset and get the player back on the track.

“Come on Guen. Hurry up. You’re eating my dust right now…just how does it taste?”

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 am
Orangeish Sherbert

Just like real driving, huh? Well, this could end badly. From the start, she fishtailed, over correcting a few times before finally getting the hang of the wheel. "This thing is awfully sensitive," she complained, trying to cover up for her bad driving. She nearly sent herself careening off the track but just managed to make a tight turn, finally coming into sights of Nicolae's car.

She slammed her foot on the gas pedal (not that it really made a difference) and GLARED at the screen, mentally willing the car to go faster. The odometer slowly creeped upward, mile by mile, until - "HAH!" she exclaimed - and then immediately gasped in surprise as she nearly slammed into the back of his car.

Guen found herself spinning again as she righted herself the wrong way on the track, and had to slowly and painfully turn around. "It's way easier to drive in REAL LIFE," she exclaimed sourly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 pm
Nicolae grinned as she made such an abysmal start, though watched her and seemed just a little grumpy when she started getting the hang of it. “Hey now, don’t you think you can just start beating me now…or passing me or anything like that!”

She was supposed to lose, then he would be able to charm her into…into well something. Maybe. Cute little high schooler.

The blonde wasn’t paying much attention to what was really going on in the race, and didn’t realize that there was any chance of an impact what so ever…until his car was spinning out of control, sending him crashing into the wall. For a long moment he stared at the flashing GAME OVER screen, then turned to Guen, staring at her for a long moment before bursting into laugher.

“Damn you suck at this.” Not that it really looked like he was much better, this wasn’t normally a game he lost at…but he did suppose there was a first time for everything.

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces