Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kianira had a hard time not vanishing from her home to go find her babies. Sure, they weren't babies anymore, but there were still too many of them out there in the big world. They needed to be home with her and their father...and she hated that she couldn't do anything. She didn't fully understand the pilgrimage, only because she had never had to do it herself. Changing her name had been hard for her self-identity, but falling in love with Jitokeza had certainly made it easier to cope with. Depending on him was hard for her when she didn't know where all of her kids were...so she paced along a fallen log for a while, trying to rid herself of that anxiety for the moment. She needed to go hunting soon to help feed others, and being so twitchy wasn't going to help anyone but her prey escape from her.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:25 pm
User Image

It was so good to be home. The air was humid, the swamp was watery and to be able to introduce herself by her true name...oh it had been wonderful. But Tseva hadn't seen the most important lioness in the entire pride there when she returned, and so had escaped the greetings and welcome homes to go find said lioness.

The black female knew where her target tended to go when she was worried, stressed or just generally unhappy. And there, pacing along a fallen log, was the purple lioness she'd sought.

"Mother!" the younger lioness called out. "I'm back!"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:59 pm
Kianira couldn't help herself. She felt her ears twitch at the familiar voice, changed but still true to its owner. She turned her head sharply, and her whole face brightened up. "Oh!" Leaping off of the log, she landed on the mostly dry earth, padding up to her very grown up daughter. Her only daughter...returned!

"S'chor! You've returned....oh. I guess I shouldn't call you by your cub name anymore, but I'm sure you'll forgive your mother for letting it slip sometimes..." She nuzzled up to her black-toned daughter, so thrilled to see one of her children finally home.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 pm
The black lioness laughed at her mother who had already forgotten that the name S'chor was a thing of the past and nuzzled her in return. Her mother's voice, scent...it was all just as she'd remembered. Her brown eyes were damp when she pulled back to look at the older lioness.

"You really shouldn't," she chided lovingly. "I am Tseva Reygehl now," the younger lioness announced proudly.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:10 pm
Kianira nudged her daughter with her shoulder. "Well, it might slip anyways," she said with a wink. The purple lioness was always overly sweet, and she certainly acted that way with her own offspring. She turned to her daughter, face to face, and tested the unfamiliar name on her tongue.

"Tseva Reygehl. Your true name." It was sometimes hard to hear that the name she had given her was not her true name, but...Kianira knew that. She was being selfish, and wouldn't voice it to anyone, not even Jitokeza.

"I'm so proud of you. You found your way in the world, and then returned with proof of your adulthood. Welcome home, sweetie."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:15 pm
There was an odd note to her mother's voice, but Tseva couldn't put a paw on what it was. Perhaps Kianira was just worried about her brothers. It didn't seem to the black lioness that any of her siblings had made it home yet which meant that, until then, she'd have the novelty of being an only child - not just the only daughter.

"Thanks mom," she replied softly. "It was...well, it was very different from the swamps. But I'm so glad to be home." The younger lioness smiled at her mother, somewhat surprised to realize that the purple lioness wasn't nearly as big as she remembered. Growing up had a way of doing that, but being gone for so long had made the realization rather abrupt.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:25 pm
Kinaira couldn't help herself. "So, I see you didn't bring anyone home with you..." She knew that sometimes those on their pilgrimage would return with a mate, and she always wondered if the same would happen with her own brood. It clearly didn't with Tseva, but the purple lioness couldn't help but poke at that fact.

"Well, maybe one of your brothers will," she laughed, clearly joking. She was not ready to be a grandmother, thank you very much! "Oh, its so nice for you to be back..." Kianira hadn't quite realized how much she had missed them all until one came back. Now it was almost painful that the rest weren't home yet either.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:29 pm
The black lioness blanched as her mother joked about the fact that she hadn't brought a mate back with her. "Moooooom!" she groaned. "I haven't even been back half a day and you're already on me about that?"

Yes she had met a nice lion on her journeys, but she was hardly ready to settle down and have cubs, no matter how much Kianira would like to be a grandmother! Not that she had any intention of telling her mother about Avahk. He was something she'd like to keep to herself, at least for now.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 pm
Kianira laughed, probably a bit more than she should have. "Hey, you gotta let your mom indulge on some of these silly stereotypes!" She had to give herself a moment to compose herself again, because the reaction she had gotten out of her daughter was more than she had expected.

"Well, I'm sure that you'll find someone in your own time. Goodness, I never thought I'd settle down until I stumbled across the swamps and your father." Her tail twitched just remembering that. "Anyway, speaking of him...have you greeted him yet?" she smiled warmly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 pm
Tseva joined her mother, laughing weakly. But seriously. Did all mothers have a sixth sense for when you'd met a boy? Not that she was going to ask or even come close to admitting it.

She did manage to keep from rolling her eyes as Kianira reminisced about how she and Jitokeza had met. It wasn't as if Tseva had never heard the story before, it just hadn't been anywhere in recent months.

"No, I haven't done that specifically, but I think he was around when I was formally welcomed back," the black lioness offered a bit sheepishly. It was a perfectly good reason for her to seek out her mother, who hadn't attended at all, first.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:55 pm
Kianira nodded "Ah...I'm sorry I missed it. I guess I get a little wrapped up in my mind and wasn't where I should have been waiting for you..." Since they could return at any time, it was hard to always be just where one needed to be, but she was still thrilled that S'ch- *ahem* Tseva had sought her out on her own.

"How about we go find him together? I'm sure he won't tease you about anything, unlike me," she smirked. She couldn't help herself sometimes, especially with her daughter!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 pm
"It's okay Mom," the black lioness assured the purple. She knew that as a cub she hadn't exactly been where she was supposed to be all of the time and that tendency must have come from somewhere! Not that she'd ever hold it against Kianira.

"That sounds like a great idea," Tseva told her mother. "I'm looking forward to spending some time with both of you after being gone for so long!" She'd missed them both terribly and they were, in many ways, what she'd come home for.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:09 pm
"Yes, we'll have plenty of time to catch up. I'm sure one of your brothers will straggle on behind you." She laughed. She was looking forward to spending time with Jitokeza with Tseva as well, feeling like a family again.

"Lead the way! I think you have a better idea of where your father is than I do right now."

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games