Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[JRP] A pair of siblings to see (Mavi, Mkaa, and Thaba)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am
The day was warmer than usual but that didn't stop races at any time but it did mean that the healers had to be even more alert to the health of the cheetahs. When the temperature went up it meant more cheetah's went down and Mavi was very alert to that fact. Mavi stood on the sidelines of a race track watching as a race came to an end. The heat was making her weary herself especially in her state. Her abdomen was wider than the rest of her and weighing her down. The cubs occupying her belly were currently quiet, more than likely sleeping since she had been moving around all afternoon.

The cheetahs of the race were now moving away from the track, Mavi scanned them all for any visible injuries and made mental notes to who needed to be seen first. So far she didn't see any injuries persay but there were still racers moving past.

ChaosTheories

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:27 am
"You need to keep walking, Thaba. If you stop now, you will be sore in the morning."

The black cheetah spoke to his companion with a touch of impatience in his voice. Mkaa understood that she was tired and needed rest and food, but he wanted to do what was best for her. It was only of the few things he could do, or so he thought a bit bitterly, as he limped along beside her. The heat helped soothe the old injury to a point, at least until he had to seek shade and hide his black coat from the rays of the sun.

"But Mkaa, it's hot and I want to sit down!"

Thaba, on the other hand, was not nearly as concerned for her own condition. It wasn't because she didn't want to race, it was from ignorance. She could only see as far as the day ahead, nonetheless the consequences of her actions in the future. Stubbornly, she stopped and plopped herself right into the sandy dirt. Then she glared at Mkaa, her yellow-green eyes intense.

"Why do YOU get to tell me what to do, anyways? You aren't my trainer! You're just my brother!" She said childishly, frowning, not caring if she made a scene or not. She wasn't the type to even notice whether others were staring at her or not in the first place.

Mkaa, however, was not so at ease. He looked around, tempted to pad over and ask one of the present healers to help him out. Sometimes Thaba could be so difficult...

Izzy Makani

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 pm
avi was paying plenty of attention to the pair of cheetah's whom were arguing. She noted how the male was limping first but after looking at him a little closer she realized he was one of the show cheetah. She already knew of his past and the injury but she made a mental note to see if she could possibly find something herbal to help him with the pain he was more than likely in.

As she watched the pair argue she realized he was arguing with the female trying to get her to keep walking. The scene got her very curious to what the problem could be. Slowly she lurched her body onto her feet and made her way over to the pair. "Pardon me Mkaa, Thaba, is there something wrong?" She asked. She knew the pair by name having examined them both before. She rarely ever forgot a name of a member once she'd met them.

ChaosTheories

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm
Mkaa felt a bit relieved when he spotted one of the healers coming towards them. His memory supplied the name Mavi for her, and from what he could recall, she was quite skilled in her craft. As she got closer, he noticed her condition, and gave her a particularly warm smile. She must be dedicated, working in this heat!

"Yes, uh, no. Kind of." Mkaa started, feeling embarrassed for being overheard. He knew Thaba was going to make a scene! "I'm trying to convince Thaba here that she needs to walk and cooldown before resting. But, as you can see... She has other ideas." He shook his head, then poked Thaba gently with one of his forepaws. He loved his sister dearly... Even though she could easily get on his nerves, too.

Thaba looked from her brother to the lioness and back, before sticking her nose up in the air. No one had the right to tell her what to do, including the healer, no matter how much she supposedly knew!

"But why can't I just sit here? I'm not going to cool off in this heat, anyways." Thaba replied, making a face. Her breathing was still coming heavily from her run, so her voice was quieter and less steady than usual, as the words came out in between breaths. But she still had the energy to flick her tail in agitation, and moved away from Mkaa's touch. "And I don't see how wandering around like a lost little cub is going to help me!"

After her last exclamation, Thaba closed her mouth firmly and did her best to ignore the other two completely as she tried to catch her breath fully.

Izzy Makani

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:05 am
Mavi returned Mkaa's smile as she approached. As he explained what was going to she tried to keep her expression completely blank so as to not hurt the cheetah's feelings and anger him. Once he was done she looked over to Thaba and smiled before she looked back to Mkaa. "While I don't want to offend you I feel I must correct you in some ways. The best thing Mkaa can do to cool down would be to find a good amount of shade and lay down in it." Mavi replied with a glance at Thaba. She could tell she was trying to ignore them but she figured she might have her attention now.

"A walk would be good once she has cooled down and got her breath back."

ChaosTheories

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm
Thaba was definitely paying attention. As soon as the words left Mavi's mouth, Thaba bounded back to her feet with an unusual exuberance and smiled. "See? I know what I am doing, brother! And when I say I want to rest, I want to rest, okay?" She flashed a childish grin in Mavi's direction and, with more speed and energy than an exhausted cheetah should have had, went to lay down in the cooling shade offered by a grassy area dotted with sparse trees. Together, the trees made enough of a canopy to offer a decent area to rest, and some of the other racers had had the same idea, and were already comfortably settled.

"Come join me!" She called back at them, loudly, in a tone she chose specifically to get on Mkaa's nerves. Her brother could be such a stick in the mud sometimes. Maybe he needed to learn to lighten up? She wondered if Mavi ever had the same problem with anyone in her life. Thaba spent so much time with Mkaa, she didn't really know much about the rest of the pride or those who dwelled within it.

Mkaa watched Thaba's display with a twinge of irritation that just increased with her call. He flattened his ears and cringed at the volume of her voice, then looked back at the healer.

He felt a little annoyed with her too. He was so stubborn, he hated it when others didn't agree with him... But the feeling passed and was quickly replaced with guilt. The lioness was just trying to help... after all, he had asked for it. And she was right; a walk could come after. A nice stroll later in the day when the sun wasn't bearing down so greatly on them could be better for her health.

He shook his head and looked ahead at Thaba, patiently waiting for them to catch up. "Well... would you like to join us? It seemed Thaba has taken a liking to you," he said with a light chuckle. "Nothing wrong with some company, right? And I am sure with your shade of fur, you feel the same heat that we do."

Izzy Makani

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas