[PRP] We Made It [Nomad/Distant Sands] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hard earth and tall, sharp-edged grasses shifted slowly into dunes. The scent of salt now stung their noses when they took in a deep breath. Together, Nomad and Distant Sands had finally reached the ocean. The buck let out a sigh as he felt the sand beneath his hooves. It felt natural, perfect. It was not the desert, but it was close enough. He turned his head to smile at his companion and then led the way across the dunes, until they had crested the tallest and before them the sea was revealed. A mass of rolling water reaching to the horizon and beyond.

An amazing sight, but Nomad’s attention had already shifted. The journey had been a long one, in fact, longer than it needed to be. Nomad had deliberately slowed their pace numerous times. Partly because he wanted an excuse to spend more time with the doe and the thought of their eventual parting made him sad, but mostly because, as time went by, he had begun to suspect something had occurred during a few of their more physical activities along the way.

He looked now at Distant Sands, studying her carefully. Yes, there was a certain… well, roundness there… and some sense inside of him was nodding its head. "Ah…" How to even bring up the subject? "… we finally made it, eh?" He looked away, embarrassed. "And I’m curious, would you… would you be…"

Nomad looked back at the ocean, words failing him. If she was pregnant, he would be happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 pm
User Image

She was only a half step behind Nomad as they reached the shore. She could hear the water, smell the salt, and feel the breeze as it came in off the shore. As the rocks and grass gave way to the soft sand, Sands closed her eyes and walked, head held higher then before, beside Nomad now, opening her eyes as they mounted the dune.

Red eyes widened. Her gaze trailed along the beach, looking from one side to the other, then out to the ocean itself. It was amazing. She imagined for a moment that the sea itself was sand, rolling in waves as far as the eye could see. But even without it being the desert... this was magnificent. The journey had indeed been long, but well worth it.

Sands had been aware that their pace had slowed at some point in their travels. She herself was cause of some of that. She wasn't too keen on the idea of parting ways as soon as they got to the beach, which she was afraid would happen, so she'd slow down sometimes. Or a mysterious rock was in her hoof and she would have them stop for a bit. She wasn't ... aware that he was aware of her condition, and was oblivious to Nomad's own reasons of slowing them down, but she welcomed them. Any excuse to take longer, really. But there was no stalling now. They were here at last! Maybe she should tell him. ... Just in case he'd like to know.

But Nomad began to speak first. "We did." She said softly, looking away a moment before noticing he seemed embarrassed. Her head cant to one side as he tried to ask her something. Tried, and mostly failed. She smiled and shook her head at him.

"Mmm... I'm not sure what you're trying to say, Nomad." Her gaze was on him. "But ah... Since we are here. Maybe... While you gather your thoughts, I... can I share something with you" Promise you won't be mad?

"... Before we leave the sands here.. I mean... That is to say." She took a deep breath. "Do you want to be a father?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 pm
Nomad looked back at the doe, urging her on with a nod. He was happy for her to take over the conversation. The words necessary for asking her if she was pregnant with his offspring just wouldn’t come out. The buck watched her with a soft smile; her attempts to speak almost as faltering as his.

He blinked in surprise as she uttered those final words, ‘do you want to be a father?’. Somehow he had been saved the task of broaching the subject. Nomad opened his mouth, let out a small sound very close to a squawk and then shut it again.

He cleared his throat. “I… I would love to be a father.” He finally responded. While he didn’t want to be too enthusiastic about it and scare her off, he was clearly happy with the idea. “Would you be… might you be pregnant now?”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:17 pm
The squawk was not the reaction she had expected to her question. But when he did speak, she smiled. He wasn't opposed to it! Sands gently butted her head against him in an affectionate nuzzle. "Good. Cause you sort of don't have a choice about it anymore." She laughed slightly. "Yeah I... ah... Yeah, with your kids."

She took a half step away and looked at the beach again. "I probably should have told you earlier. I'm sorry." I just didn't want to scare you off.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm
“You don’t need to apologise.” Nomad eyed her belly with smile, imagining his offspring growing within. How long would it be before they were born and he would be watching over their delicate sacs? Would she even want him to be there that long?

“I want… I want… to be there.” The buck watched Distant, his own expression suddenly worried. “I didn’t meet my father until I was an adult. Not that it was his fault, of course… and I suppose not many bucks do hang around. But I want to. I want them to know me and I want to be able to protect them.”

His nature was to wander, but for the sake of his children, he would remain as long as he could. “They can grow up on the beach.” His excitement was almost boyish, his smile having returned. “This is a tough land, but together we can do it.”  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:56 pm
Her face brightened at the admission and desire to be there. "Mmm... well, if we're raising them on the beach, then... Yeah. You should be here." Her ears flattened against her head. "I'm sure I... couldn't do this alone." She pawed at the sand a little. "They'll grow up knowing the sand... and their father then." She nodded.

"Mmm, so dad, want to look for a nesting spot?" She nudged him. A nice long walk along the beach.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 pm
“I’m glad…” Nomad let out a soft sigh, stepping forward to touch his nose gently against hers. “I will take care of all of you.” He had been so lost before, wandering without purpose, always longing for something far off. Now his mind could focus on the here and now. His reason would be Distant Sands and their children.

He couldn’t help but blush happily at being called ‘dad’. “Yes, let’s go.” He moved to lead the way down closer to the shoreline. They could dip in their hooves and then amble along the waterline until they spotted any potentially nesting places. A cave perhaps.

“Ah, if you get tired, just tell me and we’ll stop for a bit.” She was going to have to get used to him fussing.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 pm
She rolled her eyes slightly at his fussing. "I managed this far, haven't I? Through swamp and muck and unpredictable footing. I think I'll manage a short jaunt on the beach." Sands was teasing. His concern was cute. It might have been one of the reasons she liked him.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:40 pm
He smiled and gave a shake of his head. Nomad didn’t say anything else, but he kept close to her side, watching her for any signs of discomfit as they began their first stroll together along the beach.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 am
He was fussing. It seemed like he was just going to fuss over her the whole time they were at the beach. Even though she insisted, at first, she was fine. The pair walked along the beach and had found a nice place to nest and raise their little ones.

It was nice that Nomad wanted to take care of them. She felt better knowing that if she wasn't there, he was, looking over the sacks, and the foals.

Now all that seemed like a memory. The children had grown up so fast.

Ruriska
I hope that's ok.

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm
Nomad appeared over the nearest dune, pausing a moment to seek out Distant Sands familiar form. When he spotted her, he continued on again, a sad and wistful smile on his face. The last of their children had left. He had not wanted to let Sandfall go and had followed their daughter far from the beach, before finally leaving her to travel alone. Her pleasant laughter and kind nature would no longer be a constant solace for him.

With Sandfall’s departure, his own desire to travel had finally reached full bloom. As he returned to the female he adored, he felt the guilt already weighing on him. Nomad knew he would leave her… sooner rather than later.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:23 pm
Sands had been sad to see her children wander off on their own. One by one they found their own way. Nomad had walked with Sandfall. She was wondering if it was time to... seek other sands.

But then she saw Nomad over a dune near where they had raised their young. She watched him, at first eager to go to his side, then hesitant as his walk seemed ... slower. Almost shambling. She could guess at what was on his mind though. She'd been expecting it. When he reached her, she couldn't meet his gaze. "Nomad." She greeted, gently nuzzling his cheek.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:23 pm
At the gentle nuzzle, he let out a sigh. The buck returned the gesture, gathering as much inner strength as he could and trying to meet her gaze. “I…” he began haltingly, “wanted to tell you that the time spent with you and watching our children grow… it has been the happiest time of my life. You have given me so much joy and wonder and I thank you for it.”

So why did he have to leave? He looked away, feeling guilty. “I’m feeling the pull. I have to travel again.”  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:08 am
This was why she couldn't meet his eyes. Sands kept her face against his neck as he spoke. "I was expecting those words." Though she dreaded it. "I won't keep you here at the beach." There was a soft smile on the doe's face. "We're forever connected through our children, Nomad, and I don't doubt that we will see each other again. Some day." Now she was willing herself not to tear up.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 pm
His heart was breaking and he cursed himself and his parents for the urges that he had been born with. “I know we will see each other again… there is no doubt at all.” Nomad closed his eyes. “But you could come with me…” Or did the beach still hold her? Did he even want to company? A part of him longed to be swallowed up by world, alone.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff