Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to Gensokyo! ~Touhou Roleplay and Fanbase~

Back to Guilds

Come into the border! Join us in Good Roleplay and some Fan-Discussions! 

Tags: Touhou, Gensokyo, Roleplay, Fantasy, Fans 

Reply Welcome to Gensokyo! -Introductions and Discussions
Learning on how to make your own spellcards

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:00 pm
It would be nice to find enough rescorces to make your own spellcards. I found this link and wish to share it with you.

Click here

I wanted to read more of this page and find some other useful rescorces too.And for those who remember Chibity from Youtube who created a SWR style card template, Here's what's left of it at least. She made a terrific spellcard template and had a sweet video. (You need an Adobe Photoshop program in order to use it however) I once had Photoshop 6.0 but now I have "photoshop elements 9" which im not too sued to yet since I rarely use it. I want to find more backgrounds and stuff plus some better sprite and or picture editing software and find people who can do both artwork and sprite commissions. Anyone know such rescorces?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm
The spell card page looks interesting - I'll definitely give it a thorough reading later.

Unfortunately, I can't help much with the other stuff (as I have no particular need to actually craft real spell cards), but if you're looking for more spriting material , then look up a website called "Spriter's Resource". They even have some Touhou stuff tucked away in the PC section, but they cover many games across many systems.  

Pray4Answer
Vice Captain

Perfect Lunatic

6,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:09 pm
Pray4Answer
The spell card page looks interesting - I'll definitely give it a thorough reading later.

Unfortunately, I can't help much with the other stuff (as I have no particular need to actually craft real spell cards), but if you're looking for more spriting material , then look up a website called "Spriter's Resource". They even have some Touhou stuff tucked away in the PC section, but they cover many games across many systems.

I already know about the Spriter's Resource. I been there and have collected sprites from that site many times. I keep a huge stock full of sprites when the time comes when I start sprite animating. (Which will not happen anytime soon) I am still looking for sprite sheet editors to do commissions and I have made lots of art commissions because I still have lots to learn about digital art and how to do it more efficiently. I have a DA page so incase you want to check out my work from there.

I also look for stuff like backgrounds and stuff. Things out from the ordinary. Do you know any one who do sprite sheet edits?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:33 am
Tanooki John

I used to do edits, long, long ago, but sadly my skill has all but disappeared in the recent years T-T And I don't know anyone else close enough to ask, either. Sorry, boyo~  

Pray4Answer
Vice Captain

Perfect Lunatic

6,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100