Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:53 am
User Image

She could just go home. The alpha would surely take her back, yes? No, that was not an option at this point. Heidrun had already left the Mava'Bunda lands during the aftermath of their war with the Pridelands. She had lost much of her family in the bloodshed and given the chance to leave, she took it. The graveyards held too many memories to warrant the female staying within the pack despite her loyalty to her alpha. Though there were rumors that failed to miss her ears that the Mava'Bunda were scattered and were reforming or by this time already had. She had abandoned them, her family, in their time of need. There was no place within that pack for her.

With a heavy heart and a heavy sigh, Heidran now wandered without a pack to call home. At the rate she was going, the earth she walked on would soon claim her as she held her parched mouth open, trying to keep her body cool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 pm
User Image

Bjorg had long since left behind his family and clan. There was just no room for him there any longer, and so he left off to find a place of his own. It was slow going though. The male was in no hurry to get anywhere, as he had no idea where to even start. Days were mostly aimless wandering, with meals when he came across something edible. It was a quiet life, and though he enjoyed it it was at times a bit too quiet. Other's he met, while not too few were not always the most sociable of sorts, and he was far too wary of lions to try and engage in a conversation with one.

The pale male peered over a rock that sat atop an outcropping. Below, and some distance away, he could make out a couple of lions. A fresh kill lay between them, and Bjorg could smell it from here. He stood there lost in thought as he weighed the chances of his making off with some bit of meat, or if it was even worth trying.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:47 pm
The smell of blood met the female's nostrils and began fueling the empty feelings of hunger in the pit of her belly. With a small sneer, Heidrun changed her footing to head in the direction of the source. Hopefully it was not a full pride or else scraps would be what's for dinner that day.

Lady luck was in her favor today as her salmon eyes caught sight of two male lions. She had taken on worse looking felines then the two before her and felled many of them. They were alone, having to hunt for themselves; bachelors without a pride of lionesses to hunt for them. Perfect. They were likely still new to the world around them in that case so in the mind of the dark brown female, she had the upper hand. With a slow approach, she let out a warning growl, her teeth showing as well as the scars along her left shoulder, possibly even the one that ran under her and up her side. She was battle born and raised to defend her matriarch and pack to her dying breath. Two lions would not keep her from a meal.

"Listen up boys," She said her head and tail raised, her voice holding a commanding tone. "You can either hand that kill over to me and you can keep your manes and no one has to know or you can choose the hard way and your fur will start flyin'. No good lioness wants a lion who has a scraggly mane."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 pm
Before he could even come to a decision another hyena came on to the scene. He watched in silent surprise as the brown female just walked up to the lion pair and seemed to say something to them. It didn't appear all that friendly a conversation, and though he was not sure how this female would take a male hyena joining he was far too curious to stay back. That, plus this was the first hyena he had really seen since leaving his clan.

Quickly he made his way down the slope, jogging quickly towards the trio ahead, his mind half lingering on the lion's kill.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:24 pm
"Really got some guts there don't ya b***h?" Replied one of the two lions towards the hyena's statement. "There's no way we're gonna let some dog like you take our meal."

"I don't know man," Whimpered the other lion, obviously smaller than the first as he be took a few steps back. "I mean, we can always go get another kill. Just let her have this one."

"No way," He barked, his teeth gnashing in the other feline's face as his head whipped around to look at him. "As I said, we're not just gonna give her our kill. It's ours."

"Have it your way then." Heidrun snarled, her jaw opening just long enough for a growl to rip from her throat as she lunged at the lion who had just had the nerve to speak to her in such a way. Fangs met fur as the two clashed while the submissive of the two cowered a good distance away from her. Fur began scattering into the air, most of it a tan color like the lion's coat. As the dust began to settle, it was obvious who the victor was as Heidrun stood beside her competitor, looking down at him. "I've killed plenty of lions tougher than you are. You probably couldn't even fight for your right to stay in your pride. Pitiful. Get out of my sight before I decide to end your life." She hissed out the last sentence, punctuating her statement with her own clashing of her teeth.

Of course she couldn't help herself but laugh bit as the now partially de-maned lion scrambled up onto his paws and ran so quickly in the opposite direction of her with his unharmed traveling partner close behind.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:33 pm
As he neared he started to catch bits of the conversation ahead. It was definitely no friendly encounter by the sounds of it, though one of the lions seemed quite unsure about a confrontation. Suddenly the female charged the larger lion and the air was rent by the sounds of fighting. Fur literally flew through the air and Bjorg quickened his pace, worried that perhaps the female had bitten off more than she could chew.

However the fight did not last long. The female was the victor and the larger of the two males looked worse for ware. Given the chance he fled quickly, the other male following quickly behind. Bjorg stopped a few feet form the kill, and the hyena female, and continued to watch as the pair quickly left the area behind. "That was very impressive." He spoke, grinning slightly.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:37 pm
Without a second thought Heidrun's head spun to get her sights on the owner of the new voice, her lips already raised to reveal bloody fangs as a low growl emanated from her closed mouth. Just as quickly though, she silenced herself. She had been expecting another lion or possibly a leopard looking for a meal as well. To her surprise it was neither but another hyena, a male by the size of him. "Well thanks. I didn't know I had a spectator watching that. I would have put on a bigger show in that case." Her eyes turned to glance at the stolen kill and then back to him. "How 'bout a deal? There's no way I can eat it all and I'd rather not give them a chance to come back to get it. You help me drag it somewhere safer than here and you can have a little less than half. Looks like you could use it too."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 pm
Bjorg took a quick step back as the female suddenly turned, growling and fangs bared. With the fight he just saw he didn't want to be on the receiving end of those fangs, and was relieved when her demeanor suddenly changed to one less hostile. In fact she seemed quite friendly, more so than the females he had known previously. "That sounds like a fair deal to me. Alright." He replied. Bjorg wasn't going to turn down some free food, especially since he was so curious about this female. She was a tough one, tougher than most female hyena's he had seen in his life.

"Lead the way." He quickly spoke before grabbing one of the kill's legs in his mouth.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 pm
At least this male wasn't going to argue or try and just take the entire kill. Maybe chasing off those lions did him some good in respecting her more then the hyena's natural hierarchy intended males to. Without another word her bloody maw opened and wrapped itself around another leg of the kill. They needed to move it quickly and carefully to a safer location; one they could defend it from. Out in the open was scarcely a place to eat a kill like this. Those lions were fools to leave a zebra such as this one out in the open and for that they lost their dinner. Carefully, making sure the male would follow her lead, she began to move towards an old wild dog den that she had spotted while approaching the two larger felines.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 pm
With the zebra in tow he followed the female as she started to drag the kill off. His stomach growled in anticipation as the scent of the meat below wafted over him. This would be the first time in a while that he would actually be able to fill his belly, and with fresh meat at that.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces