Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
Q & A thread (PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 am
I can see the confusion written on all of your faces... Have questions... ask them here so everyone can see the answer. As this is something 100% new, there are no dumb questions... PERIOD!

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS!
-I'm slowly getting a headache for answering the same questions 2-3 times over when they are listed and answered here.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 am
What digimon can I use?

Answer: Digimon that have:
- Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, and Mega forms
- Not a titled digimon (not including the exceptions; See next post)
- Digimon that you actually own in the guild
- Armor digimon can be used if they have a Rookie-Ultimate-Mega form as well  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 am
What are the digimon exceptions to the titled rule.
-This will be getting edited as you bring digimon to my attention.

Currently Allowed:
-Veemon (if it's final is Imperialdramon DM, FM, or PM)
-Patamon
-Salamon (if it's final is Magnadramon or Lilithmon)
-Guilmon (all finals)
-DemiDevimon (all finals)
-Ancient Spirits are allowed, if they have a full line
-Flamemon & Strabimon, if they have the FULL line from rookie all the way to EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon
-Great Dragons (Lines that include Magnadramon, Megidramon, or Goldramon)

Currently Not Allowed:
-Omnimon resulting lines (blackomnimon not included)
-Royal Knights (Not including Gallantmon)
-Xross Digimon
-Armor only lines resulting of the base and the armor digimon only
(unless they have a full line of Armor-Rookie-Champion-Ultimate-Mega)
-Olympian digimon

*You are allowed to edit lines that may have one of the NOT Allowed Digimon
i.e A line with Omnimon in it need only to not include Omnimon when they register it for it to be legal.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am
Do my attacks all have to come from the rookie form or can I mix in attacks from it's other levels?

Answer: It's a rookie tournament so only moves from the rookie forms are allowed. And only moves listed in DMA.

HOWEVER, if your digimon just so happens to not have any attacks listed then looks like you're lost without any special attacks... Jk, jk... I'll allow you to "make-up" moves, but they have to be reasonable.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

ultimatemk

Shy Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 am
What if the digimon you use need to DNA to go to higher forms?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:05 am
ultimatemk
What if the digimon you use need to DNA to go to higher forms?

Good question... Normally I'd say you'd have to bring the both of them with you, but as quite a few people don't make their own DNAs with their own digimon, it would seem like a pointless penalty.

Not to mention, since this is a rookie tournament, the higher forms don't really matter outside of me just wanting to your what crazy lines you may have come up with in the guild. 3nodding

Short answer: Just mention in () that it was a dna with another of Your digimon. There won't be a penalty because it won't matter.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:19 am
I just got a digimon from a contest, but I don't have the art for it all yet. Can I still use it?

Answer: As long as you can get the rookie form of it, then you're okay to use it. I'll see what I can do about getting your art up IF it's in the TP shop. I will not be rushing to make contest art for uncompleted/pending contests.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:05 am
Do I need add pictures of my digimon or link them to my profile?

Answer: Only if you want to... I trust that you won't include digimon that you don't own and I'll be checking when I go over your profile.

As far as decorations to your profile, it doesn't matter as long as you have the basic information of the form.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:09 pm
Am I allowed to mix and match lines?

bearmon-grizzlymon-machgaogamon-callismon

Even though Callismon is not the proper end to that evolution chain?

Also, is my evolution line able to make no sense?

Floramon-Dinohyumon-neodevimon-dominimon  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:24 pm
Zadok the 28th
Am I allowed to mix and match lines?

bearmon-grizzlymon-machgaogamon-callismon

Even though Callismon is not the proper end to that evolution chain?

If you need to mix and match in order to make your lines work, that is fine.
If you just want to mix up to have fun with your digimon, I will allow one.

Also, is my evolution line able to make no sense?

Floramon-Dinohyumon-neodevimon-dominimon

Based on the love for mutations and random digivolving, it is perfectly fine if lines don't make sense.
Hence the joy in me asking for pointless information, I wanna see what you guys have come up with, lol. XD

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:00 pm
If you have read up to this point, good job.

To show that you have read this and all the posts before it, include this on the last post where you quoted me. If your quote post has been turned into a trophy case, you don't need to do this.

[align=right][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/toko-ya_mi/Decorated images/Digimon Card Post/CrewStamp_zps12f85afd.png[/IMG][/align]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:11 pm
For the record, I saw in the DigiTech Colossus thread that it said direct your questions to the Q&A FORUM, but I thought it might fit to ask them here as well instead of starting an unnecessary new thread.....? Dx

SO. On to my questions.
1) Will Liger still be participating in the Tournament, or is he considered eliminated as of the tutorial fight? (IE, is the tutorial being considered one of the fights in Round 1?)

2) In the tutorial battle there seemed to be a lot of mental calculations as far as damage goes. While I believe that they got their math right and everything, I dunno if I trust myself to get all that right in my head, so will it be acceptable to type out calculations in our posts? (Like in this, for instance?)

3) can I still use those stupid little sprites to adorn my posts where applicable x3

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 pm
Blademaster Banryu
For the record, I saw in the DigiTech Colossus thread that it said direct your questions to the Q&A FORUM, but I thought it might fit to ask them here as well instead of starting an unnecessary new thread.....? Dx

SO. On to my questions.
1) Will Liger still be participating in the Tournament, or is he considered eliminated as of the tutorial fight? (IE, is the tutorial being considered one of the fights in Round 1?)

2) In the tutorial battle there seemed to be a lot of mental calculations as far as damage goes. While I believe that they got their math right and everything, I dunno if I trust myself to get all that right in my head, so will it be acceptable to type out calculations in our posts? (Like in this, for instance?)

3) can I still use those stupid little sprites to adorn my posts where applicable x3

My bad, I did mean for you to post your questions here... sorry about that. sweatdrop

1) That was merely a tutorial mixed in with a little backstory to show you all how the battles would be. At first I wasn't but after testing it out, I figured since I made a profile I might as well use it.

2)As long as you have the basic information in your posts, Digimon's Health, Lisence (hehehe), basic attack description, current square location, and recharge counter, you can do whatever you like to accent your post format.

3) Same as above. I really wish you wouldn't use such little font size... my eyes aren't like they used to me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

SO. On to my questions.

My bad, I did mean for you to post your questions here... sorry about that. sweatdrop

1) That was merely a tutorial mixed in with a little backstory to show you all how the battles would be. At first I wasn't but after testing it out, I figured since I made a profile I might as well use it.

2)As long as you have the basic information in your posts, Digimon's Health, Lisence (hehehe), basic attack description, current square location, and recharge counter, you can do whatever you like to accent your post format.

3) Same as above. I really wish you wouldn't use such little font size... my eyes aren't like they used to me. sweatdrop

All right, I was just curious. =D
Sorry about the tiny text, I made it that way because I figured it wasn't important. x3 You could read it better when you quoted me though right? ;3

In any case.....
HYPE

Aww. no size 36?

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 pm
Blademaster Banryu

All right, I was just curious. =D
Sorry about the tiny text, I made it that way because I figured it wasn't important. x3 You could read it better when you quoted me though right? ;3

In any case.....
HYPE

Yes, I could, but the initial reading of it... especially in a darkened room didn't do me any good.  
Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff