Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Etsy Showoffs~

Back to Guilds

A meeting place for Etsy sellers, and buyers to make connections. 

Tags: Etsy, crafts, online sellers, creative, shop 

Reply ~Etsy Showoffs~
Halloween! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:02 pm
Is everyone getting ready for this holiday or doing anything special for etsy sales?

Yesterday I made up some small little gift bags. Nothing too crazy, just some fun tattoos and spider/bat rings in little pumpkin cellophane bags. I'm now sending them out with orders (as some are for halloween) instead of candy (as I don't know if people have allergies or dislike candy). It ended up only being about 45¢ per bag. I already had cardstock to make little "happy halloween" signs since I scrapbook. An hour or so later I had 20 fun little bags! Target and the Dollar Tree were my friends.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm
That's a very cute idea! biggrin
Not to mention a fun surprise!

LavenderPaw

Tipsy Explorer

8,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:34 pm
aufdeutsch
Is everyone getting ready for this holiday or doing anything special for etsy sales?

Yesterday I made up some small little gift bags. Nothing too crazy, just some fun tattoos and spider/bat rings in little pumpkin cellophane bags. I'm now sending them out with orders (as some are for halloween) instead of candy (as I don't know if people have allergies or dislike candy). It ended up only being about 45¢ per bag. I already had cardstock to make little "happy halloween" signs since I scrapbook. An hour or so later I had 20 fun little bags! Target and the Dollar Tree were my friends.

By the end of today, Friday, I am going to post the Halloween color-theme necklace. The light has been awful outside, and my house has high ceilings so there are shadows, and it never looks good.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:46 pm
Sailor Blue Rose
aufdeutsch

By the end of today, Friday, I am going to post the Halloween color-theme necklace. The light has been awful outside, and my house has high ceilings so there are shadows, and it never looks good.

Do you have any small desk lamps that you can use to help light your necklaces? Those will help offset the shadows. smile  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 pm
aufdeutsch
Do you have any small desk lamps that you can use to help light your necklaces? Those will help offset the shadows. smile

So I did take the pictures, and I was about to upload then, and "photoshop" them in the sense of color correction. My memory/ photo card reader doesn't like me at the moment. Thankfully I'm seeing a friend that is a photographer tomorrow, and he'll help me out. So delayed a little.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm
The Halloween necklace is finally posted!  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am
Sailor Blue Rose
The Halloween necklace is finally posted!

WOO HOO! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:25 pm
sounds awesome!  

matthew1409

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:26 am
Wow this sounds like a great Idea heart maybe I will try someting similar, some of my items are kinna big, so I don't think they will all fit nicely into small bags sweatdrop but Halloween gifts are great Ideas

I already include some folded paper stars in the pouches I sell as a small surprise and with my pokemon sales I include a very small crochet pokeball that is stuffed with the scraps of the pokmon I made biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 pm
Adoring_Lilly
Wow this sounds like a great Idea heart maybe I will try someting similar, some of my items are kinna big, so I don't think they will all fit nicely into small bags sweatdrop but Halloween gifts are great Ideas

I already include some folded paper stars in the pouches I sell as a small surprise and with my pokemon sales I include a very small crochet pokeball that is stuffed with the scraps of the pokmon I made biggrin

Hehehe, none of the stuff I sell fit in the bags. They're only a few inches in size. So I just tuck them into the item before I wrap it up and get it ready to go out in the mail! Super easy. smile  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:57 pm
aufdeutsch

Hehehe, none of the stuff I sell fit in the bags. They're only a few inches in size. So I just tuck them into the item before I wrap it up and get it ready to go out in the mail! Super easy. smile

Ah I see there that is still a great idea, maybe even adding your card or coupon code or something of that sort in there would be way cool heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:29 am
Adoring_Lilly
aufdeutsch

Ah I see there that is still a great idea, maybe even adding your card or coupon code or something of that sort in there would be way cool heart

I printed business cards through vista print awhile back and I attached one to the back of the cardstock I cut to fit in the bags. I also always send out a business card with every order (so hopefully they'll potentially return!). They weren't too expensive and well worth it for "branding" purposes. I'm thinking soon I might do something special once I hit 75 sales, I have to see how busy I am first! Just decided to fix an entire jacket aka tons of seam ripping. emo  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 am
aufdeutsch
Adoring_Lilly
aufdeutsch

I printed business cards through vista print awhile back and I attached one to the back of the cardstock I cut to fit in the bags. I also always send out a business card with every order (so hopefully they'll potentially return!). They weren't too expensive and well worth it for "branding" purposes. I'm thinking soon I might do something special once I hit 75 sales, I have to see how busy I am first! Just decided to fix an entire jacket aka tons of seam ripping. emo

ouch that suck stressed I hope it goes well. I really like your Harry potter caplets =D they are so cool. I started making some medium sized pouches in the house colors, but I am still trying to get a few two of them listed sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 am
Adoring_Lilly
aufdeutsch
Adoring_Lilly
aufdeutsch

ouch that suck stressed I hope it goes well. I really like your Harry potter caplets =D they are so cool. I started making some medium sized pouches in the house colors, but I am still trying to get a few two of them listed sweatdrop

Awww, thanks! I've been thinking of making small house bags with the remnants from the capelets but I just haven't gotten that far. Too busy with too many other projects (and then I keep adding more). It's bad. But that's the life of a crafter!  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200