Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm
Nadja
User ImageThings had been going swimmingly for Nadja right up until the moment when her mother rallied and was suddenly on the mend. There did not seem to be any reason for her incipient recovery except, possibly, to spite her daughter. By all rights she should be dead.

Broody and sullen Nadja stalked through the pride and considered her options. Traditionally her family members killed their predecessor and took their place, but that was not the only way a person could become a priestess, even in times like these when all nine of the priestess positions were filled. There was nothing other than tradition preventing her from taking another route. Though if she was going to buck tradition, maybe she didn't have to be a priestess at all.

"Hah!" No. She would be a priestess. Perhaps she would take advantage of this year's breytast vindar and challenge someone. Perhaps one of the warlord's daughters. Surely they didn't all have to be priestesses.

Turisas
User ImageTursas noticed a dark figure stalking past him and his electric blue eyes followed her. He remembered Nadezhda from their youth. She had always been a prickly girl, but that didn't make her any less attractive now.

Surging to his feet and planting himself directly in the path of the would-be priestess, Turisas greeted her, "It is a good day to die."

It wasn't exactly impolite to tell a future priestess that you would one day kill them, but Tursas vaguely remembered the scorn with which she had treated people who greeted her so in the past. He also remembered one time when she had gotten him to eat something that had disagreed with his stomach very badly and caused him to s**t orange for two days. Ah, youth!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:22 pm
Nadja
User Image"Tell that to my mother," Nadja muttered with a growl that rumbled in her chest. She wasn't a lioness who took well to being thwarted, and her mother's continued existence was definitely thwarting her clerical ambitions.

"Hello...um. Turkas?" Unlike Turisas, Nadja did not remember the time they'd spent together as cubs. Probably because she hadn't been the one to spend two day shitting orange.

With a sigh Nadja shifted her weight from one forepaw to the other. She had the feeling that the very solid reaver was not going to get out of her way until he got whatever it was he wanted from her. "Is there something you want, or is this a social blockade?"

Turisas
User Image"Tursas," he corrected automatically. If his feelings were hurt that she didn't remember him, he gave no sign.

"You know, we haven't really done much talking since I got back," he said.

Truth be told, they had never done much talking, and talk was not really what he wanted from Nadja, but he didn't think she would be amenable if he told her that she was looking mighty fine that afternoon and asked if she'd fancy a quick tumble. Priestesses and priestesses in training didn't usually go in for that sort of thing, in his experience. And that was too bad, because a lot of them were very pretty, if creepy, lionesses.

Nadja was creepy, too, but she was attractive enough that Turisas was willing to overlook that fact. At least for a one-time ********. If she got gooey and wanted a relationship, that would be a problem, but he'd cross that bridge when he came to it.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm
Nadja
User ImageHuh. Fancy that. She'd thrown out a word like blockade and smoke hadn't started coming out of the reaver's ears. That was an unexpected change. Maybe he thought she'd said something else. A social...what? Crusade? That didn't make much sense.

"Tursas. Of course. That's what I meant to say."

Unfortunately, Nadja really had not been keeping up with Turisas' life. She had not noticed that he had left to spend several seasons living in an outpost with Njal and Thorgrim and company and she had not noticed that he had returned. She did vaguely remember some uproar about dead thralls, but that had been a while back.

"Ah," she said, bluffing until he gave her something more concrete to work with. "Successful viking, was it? Congratulations on that."

Turisas
User ImageTurisas frowned as he began to get the impression that Nadja and he were not having the same conversation, and that was a problem. It was much more difficult to talk a lioness into sleeping with you if she was having a completely different conversation. Conversations on different levels were one thing, and Turisas tried to pretend they didn't exist because he wasn't good at them, but entirely different conversations were even worse.

"I'm a good reaver," he said as if that would answer her question. He had decided not to confuse matters by trying to synthesize their conversations. Instead he would just start off on a new topic. Then they could both talk about his new topic instead.

"You look really good." Women liked to be complimented.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 pm
Nadja
User Image"I'm sure you are," Nadja replied. She didn't bother to repress her inclination to roll her eyes. It was a stupid thing for him to have said, and she thought he ought to know that.

And then she realized what he was actually getting at, and why he was really talking to her. Had she been younger she might have been significantly more flattered that a fine-looking reaver like him had decided to brave her sharp tongue and possibly-poisoned claws to try to sweet talk her, but as an older, more experienced lioness she was mostly annoyed. She had things to do, and at the moment none of them were him.

"Fancy that," was her dry reply before she had another thought. Maybe he could be of some use. Certainly not marriage material, but he was a fine-looking reaver with some chutzpah. "You're not bad to look at yourself. But I'm sure you know that."

Turisas
User ImageTurisas hadn't really expected to meet with success, and the acerbic way she responded to his assertion that he was a good reaver supported his expectations. In hindsight, it hadn't been the most brilliant thing he could have said, but surely complimenting her made up for that.

Evidently it had. He looked more than a little predatory as he recognized the turn their conversation was taking. He was so good at this. And he knew other reavers would be impressed when he told them that he'd gotten it on with Nadja. She had been so standoffish for as long as he had known her, it was definitely an accomplishment to get her into bed. One he would be boasting about for some time to come. Now he just had to seal the deal.

"I'm told that I look even better when seen from below." He smirked. Heh.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 pm
Nadja
User ImageNadja cocked her head to one side. She'd actually been enjoying the back-and-forth a little, and wouldn't have minded fooling around a bit with Turisas to get her mind off of her problems with her stubbornly surviving mother, but his remark about the view from below gave her too good of an opening to resist.

"I'm not sure you really understand how this works. With you on top, it'd be very difficult for me to see you." She gave him a cool, haughty look. "I'm really not interested in the inexperienced fumblings of a lion who doesn't even know the basics."

She shrugged and offered Turisas a smile that dripped with feigned sweetness. "Sorry. Better luck next time, Tursas."

Turisas
User ImageWait? What? How had things started going south? Did she really think that he was some inexperienced cub? It had been a slip of the tongue!

Turisas was caught completely off-guard by Nadja's sudden coolness and he didn't realize that she might be playing with him. That being the case, instead of rolling with it, he went for a sort of half-thought out, last-ditch effort to recapture her attention and get her back to the point where she wanted to sleep with him.

"Maybe you just haven't been with anyone particularly talented or imaginative," he suggested. That was a good comeback. He was proud of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:20 pm
Nadja
User ImageDamn him. Why did he have to come up with such a good retort? Was it possible that his earlier slip of the tongue had been a deliberate lead-in to this reply? No. She doubted he was that clever and she knew she wasn't that predictable.

"You may have a point there," she allowed with a smile that gave away some of her feelings. "If you're saying that you are talented and imaginative, you have my attention. However, there is another trait I value in men, and that is patience."

"So when I come to you, when I seek you out, then you may have reason to think that I will take you up on your implied proposal. In the mean time, I have places to be. Don't die in bed!" And with that she sashayed past him and along her way.

Turisas
User ImageTurisas gaped and then grinned. He really was good with women. He'd always known it, and this just went to show...

Wait. He had to wait for her to seek him out? That was much too passive for his tastes. Women were supposed to be the ones doing the waiting. He was a fierce reaver, and not someone to wait on a woman's whims. He considered telling her these things, but decided that it didn't matter, really.

He growled after her retreating form something that might have been words or might've just been a growl. Very well. He would wait. For up to three days. After that, he was coming looking for her.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces